A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Crap, I think we're lost (p- possible moonling hunt)

Postby Grace » 03/22/2010 8:19 AM

Zamoran
Level: 1
Passive Traits:
Lightfeet, Up the Walls, Human Form
Form: Quad

Zaran plodded along the cold floor of Tengal... He shivered. Why did he come here? He didn't even remember. Give him a few more weeks of this and he'd probably forget his own name.
It was an odd sight to see someone like Zamoran so far from home.. he didn't want to be there.
Despite his warm, thick coat of fur.. he was shivering and cold. The sun had barely risen, and the forest was still quite dark.
The fact that he had fallen into a river only a few minutes before didn't help, either.
With a sigh he plodded on. He felt as if he was being watched, though that might just have been because he, quite honestly, was a little bit scared.
I pretty much went POOF ages ago, and left for a very long while....

If I was in a RP with you and left you hanging (and you haven't left it already) then please, please let me know. <3

Wishlist ~ Zoo Pen
Grace
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 61
Donate

Re: Crap, I think we're lost (p- possible moonling hunt)

Postby amapup » 03/23/2010 5:58 PM

A treasure rooksken sat on a branch, a whip held perticularly in it's beak. Suzuki had been practicing on his whipping skills, though it was very hard - especially since he was a Rooksen. Now was as good a time as ever to test them out.

He jerked his head back, and just as forcefully jeked it forward, managing to the end of the whip hung on a branch above. Crowing loudly, he jumped off the tree branch, swinging through the air. Suzuki was alomst there when the whip detached from the above branch. He let out a caw of surprise at the lack of support, and flapped his wings hard, barely making it to the other branch. He breathed a sigh of relief. Despite the fact that Rooksens could fly, their wings were somehow unmade for it.

The rooksen looked around eagerly, only to become dissappointed. Darn it! Still no ancient ruins! It swasn't this hard in the series! But then again, he always had clues on where it was... He suddenly spotted a kuhna about 6 feet under his branch. "Hey there!" he called down, his brown hat sliding back on his head. Suzuki would fly down, but he wasn't so eager yet to give up his hard-earned perch.

Barely controlled locomotive consuming the picture and blowing the Crows
to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
But this is beginning to feel like the bolt busted Loose
from the Lever

Pets (under construction):Wishlist:Trades
amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 996
Donate

Postby Grace » 03/24/2010 7:56 PM

Zamoran yelped in surprise.
He then saw the roosked above him and tried to speak, of course with all his stammering he would be lucky if the creature would understand his attempts at words. "Wh-wha-what d-do y-you w-w-wa-want? S-ss-sss-ssorry ab-bbb-bout af-fff-fore. Y-yy-ou s-sss-st-A-rt-star-tle-dd mmm-me."
He shivered and shook himself to try and dry off a little bit more of the cold water.
"Ss-so ccc-ccold," he mummbled with yet another shiver.

(sorry about the stammering, he's just really, really cold D:)

zaran - 1 . 2

If I was in a RP with you and left you hanging (and you haven't left it already) then please, please let me know. <3

Wishlist ~ Zoo Pen
Grace
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amapup » 03/28/2010 1:31 PM

Suzuki almost winced at the kuhna's yelp. "Sorry." He hadn't mean to scare him, he was just trying to say hi. He didn't fully get his words, but he did hear the stuttering. Surely he hadn't scared him that bad? Although looking closer, the kuhna DID seem like he was wet. "Are you okay?" he asked, a slightly worried tone in his voice.

(sorry it's so short. :P)

to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
from the Lever

amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Grace » 04/15/2010 7:45 AM

Zamoran tried to smile, but it didn't turn out quite right.
"I f-f-f-f-fell into a r-r-river. N-now I'm-m f-f-fre-ez-z-zing..." He snezed. "W-w-w-onderf-ful..."
He shook himself to try and get rid of some water, and droplets flew in all directions.
"O-oh-ps sor-r-ry," she stammered. "B-by the w-way, my n-name'ss Zaran. Wha-ts-s Yours?" Zaran licked hes left leg while listening to the roosken.
The sun was beginning to light the forest more, now. Zaran hoped that with the sunlight would come warmth, but one could only hope.

( s'ok 8) )

zaran - 1 . 3

Wishlist ~ Zoo Pen
Grace
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amapup » 04/16/2010 10:39 PM

Suzuki hopped of his branch, his wings flapping hard as he half flew, half fell to the ground. He ruffled his feathers, before looking back at the kuhna. "I'm Suzuki!" he said, perhaps a bit too excitedly.

Now that the Rooksen was closer, he could see that Zamoran really WAS wet. Poor thing. The sun had already started hitting the tops of the trees by now... hey, there was an idea. And hadn't there been some rhyme about Kuhnas climbing trees?

Suzuki cocked his head at Zamoran. "Can you climb trees?" The question was seemingly from out of the blue, since he hadn't spoken his thoughts out loud.

to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
from the Lever

amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Grace » 05/14/2010 2:41 AM

Zamoran's eyes widened with surprise, "What!"
He shivered violently and closed his eyes...
"W-wh-why w-w-wo-od y-y-yu wa-aa-n-n-n-n-n-t to kn-n-nooo th-hat," he sniffled.
He rubbed his nose with the back of his paw to try and dry it. At least a little.
Unfortunatly, his fur was so wet that it made it a little worse...

((Sorry for my mega-late reply. I have been really busy x.x))

Zaran - 1 . 4

Wishlist ~ Zoo Pen
Grace
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amapup » 05/14/2010 4:31 PM

"Oh, sorry." he said, as he realized he hadn't explained himself. "The sun's starting to come up, and the treetops get most of the light. I was thinking that if we could get you up there, you could dry off faster." He clucked quietly as Zamoran tried to wipe his nose. He really needed the warmth.

Hey! Were there any ruins down here? Suzuki's feathers puffed out a bit as he excitedly looked around. They soon fell flat again. Nope, nothing yet.

to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
from the Lever

amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Grace » 05/15/2010 11:09 AM

"Oh," was all Zamoran could say.
He looked at his feet and sighed.
"I-I gues-s-s I C-COU-YLD t-tr-ry, b-but I d-d-d-oubt I would ged-d-dup very f-far, an-an-and-" he sneazed.
He groaned and shook his head.
Suzuki was right, and Zaran knew it. To get warm he would have to go where the sunlight was- and there was hardly any on the forest floor.
Sniffing softly, he mumbled something along the lines of 'not fair', before speaking as clearly as he could.
"I c-can't c-climb... I can't f-fly e-yy-ther..." His voice became very soft as he added, "What k-kind of k-kuhna am I?"

Zaran - 2 . 5

Wishlist ~ Zoo Pen
Grace
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amapup » 05/15/2010 1:59 PM

"It's alright if you can't climb well, just curious." So maybe the fairy tale only applied to certain types of kuhnas? Who knew. He cocked his head at Zaran's comment. "Wait, you guys can FLY with those things?" He asked slightly incredulously, of course meaning the Kuhna's wings. Suzuki had always thought they were some sort of decoration or something. The idea of flight seemed absurd, and he probably wouldn't fully believe it until he saw it with his own eyes.

Well the Kuhna still needed a way to get up there. He walked over to a low hanging vine. He heard the kuhna's comment, but he couldn't reply to it right then as he hopped up and grabbed the end of the vine in his beak, hoping to bring it down with his weight. It didn't budge. That was what you got for being lightweighted. Suzuki flapped his wing hard, making the sort of noise you hear from Mr. Wilsons passing by your head as he tried to hop around in the air and tug the vine down. His feet were hanging just above the ground as all he seemed to manage to do was to swing himself around. Somehow he finally loosened the vine, as it came tumbling down and sending Suzuki on his back. He was back on his feet almost before you could realize he'd fallen wrong, his feathers puffed out in surprise. He snorted. "What kind of kuhna are you? What kind of bird am I if kittens with wings the size of their eyeballs can fly better than me?!" he retorted, his feathers starting to lie back down a bit. He walked over to where his hat had fallen and quickly got it back on his head. He didn't mean any offense to Zaran, nor was he upset at himself.

Suzuki nodded his head towards the vine, the oversized fedora almost falling off again. "Do you think it would be possible to tie that around yourself or something?"

to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
from the Lever

amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Grace » 05/16/2010 1:05 AM

Zaran watched curiously as Suzuki struggled with the vine, his head tilted slightly to the side.
He snickered a little when the roosken commented on kittens with wings the size of eyeballs, he just couldn't help himself.

Realization dawned on Zaran as Suzuki mentioned tying the vine around himself.
He'd seen humans do it before when they climbed, to keep them safe if they fell. "L-like a s-saf-fety har-arr-ness," Zaran blurted.
Nodding, he said, "Yes... I-i guess I c-could t-t-try..."
He plodded oer to the vine and-with some difficulty-tied it around his wast and around his front legs. He then looked up the tree and his ears fell back.
So high... he thought.
He took a deep breath. "Well... h-here g-goes nuthin'..."

Gathering whatever courage and bravery he had, he took a few steps back.
Then he ran and jumped at the tree. He dug his claws in.
Even though he was only a foot or two up the trunk, his legs were going rubbery and he began to get dizzy.
He shook his head, trying to clear his mind...
Just a game... no way you can get hurt... Safety harness firmly secure... people cheering you on... Be brave... he thought, his eyes sealed shut.
He released his front left paw, putting it a few inches up the tree before digging his claws in again.
Then the front right paw...
Slowly, carefully, he thought.

Zaran 2 . 6

Wishlist ~ Zoo Pen
Grace
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amapup » 05/16/2010 7:01 PM

Suzuki smilied at Zaran's snigger (or at least as well as a Rooksen can smile, seeing they have beaks). After the Kuhna tied the vine around himself, he went to pick up the rope. But here he was faced with a slight dilemma. Which should he carry in his feet, his whip of the vine? Of course Lamenolai Jones wouldn't have been faced with this decision, but he could carry his vine on his belt. Rooksens didn't have belts. But he didn't have time to think it over. The Treasure quickly picked up his whip in his beak and grabbed the vine in his claws, before flying/hopping up through the branches. He didn't manage to get very high though, only about 4 or 5 feet, before Zaran started climbing. Digging his feet partially in the branch and partially in the vine, he hung his head down curiously to watch. Maybe it wasn't so bad he wasn't able to get very high up, seeing that the Kuhna was probably going to need a rest soon anyways. Suzuki hadn't had time to roll up his whip, so it hung dangling from his mouth. "You're doing good!" he called down from around his whip, his words not sounding quite as enthusiastic as they should have. Ah well, he'd never been very good at encouragement in the first place. Lamanolai Jones wasn't particularly skilled at it either, so it wasn't required...

to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
from the Lever

amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Grace » 05/17/2010 6:33 AM

Zaran dug all his claws in as he shivered again.
He then kept on trekking up the tree, one paw at a time.
After only a few minutes he had reached the lowest branch of the tree, he didn't know it, but he was progressing well.
His muscels were burning now, and he was starting to breath heavily.
With a sigh he flicked his tails, Can't stop now...
Reluctantly he got a few inches further up the tree before he had to rest his aching body. He was not used to this kind of physical exertion. At all.
He didn't dare open his eyes. Zaran may have climbed up this far, but he really didn't like heights... even going up onto a second floor balcony made him feel dizzy.
He groaned softly. Why the heck did I come here?

Zaran 2 . 7

Wishlist ~ Zoo Pen
Grace
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amapup » 05/21/2010 7:55 PM

As Zaran took a break, Suzuki used the opportunity to go farther up the tree, bringing the vine up with him. As he reached one of the branches, he lost his balance. He squacked in surprise, the whip slipping out of his mouth as he flapped his wings furiously in an attempt to regain his perch. The whip tumbled through the branches, catching itself on a branch only a few feet above Zaran. Settling himself on the branch, the Rooksen repositioned his hat (which had almost fallen as well) and looked down at the Kuhna. He suddenly remembered something. "Are you afraid of heights?" he called down. A pretty lame question, seeing he'd already started climbing. Suzuki reprimaded himself. Lamenolai Jones never had lame sitiuations! And the whip? He'd never lost it, true, but Suzuki reasoned there were times he didn't use it. He would go down and get it later.

to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
from the Lever

amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Grace » 09/02/2011 6:45 AM

Zaran's ear's pricked up at Suzuki's loud squawk and the kuhna nearly froze rock solid in fear.

Zamoran was completely silent.
If that was bad, then the next sentance was worse.

Having apparently righted themself, the roosken had called down the fatal question. "Are you afraid of heights?"

He wanted to say no, and he was about to form the word, but the sound came out all wrong.

"Yes," he called up shakily, eyes firmly sealed shut as he clung there pathetically, hardly noticing that he was nearly half dry already from all the body heat the physical exertion of climbing required.

Zaran 2 . 8

Wishlist ~ Zoo Pen
Grace
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate