A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Gamers Don't Belong in the Jungle [P; Me and Ashes]

Postby potterchic » 06/23/2010 8:11 PM

A boy hung upside-down on one of the lower branches in one of the trees. He seemed to think that the fact that the blood would rush down to his head would help him think and win a video game.

Of course, he only managed to get dizzy and fall, accidentally pushing several buttons on his game system and losing all the progress he had. Might as well do whatever Arianna wanted me to do... Find a Moonling, I think? Or was it a Snicky? But there's nothing to do out here! I'm in the middle of no where, and I'm running out of battery so there's no way I can get back my progress... Tucking his video game into a pocket, he started walking around. He could at least look for a little while, that way he wouldn't have to lie about anything.
Oh, what a guy, that Gaston!

Avatar from here. Signature picture from here.
potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 150
Donate

Re: Gamers Don't Belong in the Jungle [P; Me and Ashes]

Postby Ashes » 06/23/2010 8:22 PM

Zephyer

I saw the boy fall. It was actually amusing, watch the thing fall so easily. " Why are you in a tree? " I asked, a glow in my eyes. "Are you too lazy to sit? " I asked, truly amused.  Human always made me smile a little, a rare thing in this jungle. " Why are you here anyway? have you come to gloat of falling from a tree? " I stopped laughing at the poor fellow, and offered him my hand. It felt cool and nice. "What is that?"  I asked, indicating the thing that had fallen from his grasp. "It looks..High..Tech? Is that what you humans say?" i asked, happy.
Back from.. a two year hiatus? o.o;
Ashes
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 408
Donate

Postby potterchic » 06/23/2010 10:18 PM

((I'm assuming that Zephyer is a girl because of our PM's. Feel free to correct me. By the way, what does she look like. [I'm also assuming that she's in human form, for the same reason.] If you click the Leumoo in my first post it'll bring you to this guy's human form.))

Sonny grinned at this new girl. He didn't really care that she was most likely making fun of him- it was another person, wasn't it? "Well, you see, it's obvious that if you're upside-down then the blood will come to your brain, making you... Well, smarter, I guess. If you're not used to it, though, you'll get dizzy, and, as I've demonstrated, fall." He said this all matter-of-factly, and tried his best to sound like a professor on the last sentence. "I'm here because the girl who owns the house I live in wanted me to look around for some sort of wild creature." He gladly took the girl's hand, seeing it as nothing more than a friendly gesture to help keep him from falling over the roots and fallen branches on the ground. "What, this?" he asked, holding out his video game. "It's... Some sort of video game system, I never really bothered with finding out what type. I just play the games. And I'm not human. I'm a Leumoo. You know, a dragon cow thing? Epic, right? I'm Jason, by the way. Most people call me Sonny, though. Who're you?"

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ashes » 06/23/2010 10:25 PM

" I am Zephyer, and I hope your fine. Your young, yes? " I asked, because I was as old as the giant trees that were here.  "I rarely am in my human form, it feels...unnatural. I don't feel good on the ground. Can we fly, to make it more comfortable? " it was true. As a fair, mousy brown haired girl, I was, technically ordinary. To humans. Without waiting for A response, I was up, and flying over the landscape, excited, but tired. "Where do you live? I would like to met your family" I said, excited.
Ashes
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 06/23/2010 11:30 PM

"Cool name. I guess I could be called young, but I'm... Actually, I'm not sure how old I am at the moment. I'll have to get back to you on that one." How old was this girl? She looked pretty close to his age, and yet she assumed that he was young. "Oh, I totally get what you mean! It's weird, but fingers are worth it! Wait a minute, fly?" Zephyer was already up in the air before Sonny could finish his last sentence. Immediately, he took off running underneath her, taking a couple spills but jumping right back up again. "WAIT!! I CAN'T FLY!! REMEMBER, I'M PART COW!! I DON'T ACTUALLY HAVE WINGS LIKE REGULAR DRAGONS!!" Waving his arms around like a madman, he barely heard her remark about wanting to meet his family. "THEY LIVE PRETTY FAR AWAY! WHY DO YOU WANT TO MEET THEM?" he shouted up his reply.

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ashes » 06/24/2010 10:36 AM

I screeched to halt, stopping and gliding down quickly. " Um.. to answer your first question...I am 500 years of age." i blushed, not knowing his next reaction. "You look about a hundred or so" Saying this made me blush deeply, for I wasn't used to this. "I'll come meet your family. Sorry, I didn't know you couldn't fly. It was instinct." I said, and I headed in the direction his family was.
Ashes
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 06/27/2010 6:52 PM

((Sorry it took so long, my muse is a bit dead lately. But I messed around with some ideas for characters and I'm getting back on track.))

Whoa... Five hundred years old... That was impressive. "A hundred? Nah, I don't think so. I think I look my age. Although... it would be pretty cool if I was closer to your age and my mind had been wiped or something. No, scratch that, it would be AWESOME." Sonny could've kept on talking, but he knew from the people he lived with that girls liked to talk, and even if this girl wasn't like that, she might think he was rude. "It's fine. Instinct, I get it. Come on. It'll take a while to get anywhere near them, but I'm sure that we can find a way to get there faster. You'd love my family, they're pretty cool. Most of them, anyway. I bet you could convince some of the ones who could fly to fly with you, although most of them are dragon-type things."

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ashes » 06/27/2010 6:55 PM

"Whatever works for you"  isaid, nd i liked the niceness of this...Child. As much as he was nice, I had top friendly, not lovey dovey. My eyes flashed, and I walked with him, excited to see his family. "Thank you"  I said, tired, but happy all the same.
Ashes
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 06/27/2010 7:35 PM

"No problem. I probably should be thanking you for keeping me company. I don't like being alone that much, not for a long time. You wanna sit down for a bit?" Zephyer definitely sounded a bit tired. Sonny had to admit that he also wanted to find out a bit about her. All he knew for sure so far was that she was 500 years old and was uncomfortable in her human form, and that wasn't enough for someone as curious as him.

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ashes » 06/27/2010 7:48 PM

" I can sesnse you want to know more. How can I... look, The problem is that, I am old, and cannot explain much. My years are hard and long, so I do not keep good company. I am an old lady, I hate being pestered, and I travel a lot. Does that satisfy your thirst to know about me? " I asked, mocking and tired. "Yes, I would like to sit down." I said, and decided to amuse this one with my travels. "Have you ever heard of the deserts? " I asked, thinking about my recent adventure, 100 years ago. Ok, not that recent.
Ashes
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 06/27/2010 8:12 PM

"...Sorry. Yeah, that'll  do. I could tell you some stuff about me, but I'm pretty average. Other than the dragon-cow hybrid sort of thing..." Sonny walked towards a tree, making sure that it was relatively dry before he sat on the roots near the base of the trunk. "The deserts? Oh, yeah. There's this old Tomb Imeut who came from there where I come from. They sound pretty cool. Why?"

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ashes » 06/27/2010 8:14 PM

"I was born in the deserts. Yes, a thing like me was born in the deserts. I was here when Life itself was ruined in the War." Shuddering, I sat next to him, and thought about my past. I scooted a little closer, and looked around. "What is your history? " I asked, kind, and happy.
Ashes
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 06/28/2010 6:53 PM

The war? Did she mean the one between the Imperials and Purines? But surely she couldn't... That war hadn't happened that long ago... Sonny was going to have to ask Arianna about all the wars Evelon had had so far. He barely noticed Zephyer scooting closer, thinking all of this over. "Oh, me. I just sort of showed up one day, I guess. Everything was really normal. Although I guess our definitions of normal might be different... I dunno. What do you consider normal?"

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ashes » 06/28/2010 7:13 PM

"Nothing. Nothing can be normal." I shddered, trying to get up without hurting his feelings. "Look, I, uh, have somewhere to be.." I sqaid, trying to get this poor kid off my case. "Sorry, I uh...Enjoyed...It here..Uh.. bye!"  I stuttered over the words, and got up and spread my wing, lifting off. I really hoped i didn't have to be alone. I liked this.. Thing, but he wasn't a lover type. Not yet. That was a possibility, but not a likely one anyway.
Ashes
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 06/29/2010 4:49 PM

Well... that was definitely weird. "Uh... Bye. I guess. Maybe I'll see you later." Very confused, Sonny began his journey home, forgetting completely about his Moonling hunt. Why were girls confusing even when you weren't trying to flirt with them?

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate