A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Postby Mojave » 11/24/2007 1:29 AM

Both raptors nodded their heads in agreement and stepped aside from Rak'kal.

"Then we will let you lead, as you seem to have an idea of which direction you want to search." Mys nodded, shifting his weight from foot to foot.
"Yes, we have seen no trace of Moonling, so have no idea of where to look. But I am curious, you don't seem too interested in my mate's condition. Mostly, where we go, we are shunned. Me because I stay by him, him because he is so dangerous. We notice you are weak, no offense, but you still let us travel with you. I must question your logic." Yivki, always inquisitive, and always trying to make sense of everything, spoke up yet again.

{8}{8}
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 11/29/2007 9:20 PM

The strong Hunter bent down, allowing Destiny to get back onto his back a lot easier then if he were standing. The vixen smiled and looked back at the two Gyrraptors. "Easy. Even with your friend their malfunctioning, I fell safe. Rak'kal will protect me, and I know there aren't many creatures willing to take on a Hunter." She had seen Mys malfunction, and yet she saw no reason to fear him. The fact that Yivki stood by her friend meant that she was loyal, and thus trustworthy.

Rak'kal nodded before beginning to walk. "Yes. Anyone that tries to attack her must put up with me. Even if Mystiquotl malfunctions, he will not be allowed to lay a claw on her. I will not hurt him, but I will not let him hurt her."
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby Mojave » 11/30/2007 5:55 PM

Mys let out a chirping sound like laughter, "Good to know you won't hurt me. Yivki bashes me upside the head all the time." In response to this accusation, Yivki did indeed smack him, swinging her body against his to push him away. However, he veer off track as it had been a playful bump. "Liar." She hissed at him.

It seemed as if both had lightened up considerably at the news they were not to be shunned and mistreated. "I've heard many strange things about your kind, Rak'kal. Are the stories of Hunters being soulless slaves true?" Mys asked.

{9}{9}
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/03/2007 10:56 PM

Destiny let out a small smile, watching their antics. Both she and Rak'kal seemed to freeze at Mys' question. The Hunter himself had even stopped in his tracks, not taking another single step. "We are far from 'soulless slaves'. To define one as not having a soul would make them little more then an empty vessel. If I were soulless, I most likely wouldn't be talking to you without the command of my companion here."

The vixen's ears lowered against her head as she looked back at the two Gyrapptors. "No... The Hunters are just cursed beings. They are trapped within the halls of the Basantha Shrine and can't free themselves. It takes the act of one such as myself giving up something important to help free them. This is why the two of us will forever be together. I gave up a lot to make sure that he was freed."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/03/2007 11:56 PM

Mys and Yivki looked down, abashed at their own foolishness. "I am sorry. I have no knowledge of Hunters except that you are mighty beings, and noble. I had thought it was strange." Mys apologized, genuinely ashamed of believing such nonsense. "We meant no offense, we simply wish to know the truth." Yivki spoke up, also lowering her head so as not to look at them. "Neither of us really listens to what goes on outside our home, and I have not been out since my arrival at Duat Manor. So please, excuse my ignorance." "I have not been out since I tried to work at Nox Cafe." Mys added, "And I too am foolish."

{10}{10}
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/08/2007 3:07 AM

A small smile spread across the hunter's maw and he looked back at the two of them. "It's quite alright. Not many have had the chance to learn of our history since not many of us have been freed from the halls of Basantha. I wish to go back there one day and encourage my pride mates to come forth and meet with the other creatures of Evelon so they may possibly be as lucky as I was to find Destiny."

"You weren't lucky really. There were many others there..." Destiny muttered, as if trying to make it seem like not a big deal that she had been there. One of her friends had been rather mad at her for giving up so much to free Rak'kal though... and it seemed as though she was the only one that would step forth and so so.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/09/2007 11:38 AM

"That truly is sad, Rak'kal." Yivki and Mys looked at the hunter closer, he didn't seem too depressed about the fate of the rest of his kind, so they wouldn't dwell on it either. "But, if others are willing to sacrifice a part of themselves to free one of your kind, why do they continue to hide?" Mys inquired. Yivki offered an answer, "Possibly because sacrificing a part of themselves for the hunters makes the hunters feel.... I cannot find the word, but akin to ashamed?"

{11}{11}
((Sorry! >< I got so caught up in work, school and Ha'kai I forgot about this one. *hopes this hasn't damaged Draiz's chance of getting a moonling* Also, I'm thinking about putting Mys and Yivki back up. They're really quite boring. Oo BUT! Would you like me to bring Noka and Ha'kai in, or would you rather do this with someone else?))
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/10/2007 10:34 AM

"Ashamed in a way.. But I suppose you could also say that we fear for those that are saving us. I worry every moment about Destiny since, due to what she gave up, even the tiniest cut can be fatal to her. It's my fault that she must endure such a thing." He didn't mind answering their questions. He enjoyed letting others get to know more about Hunters.

The vixen began to cough, seeming to be unable to stop. She rested her free hand that wasn't covering her mouth onto Rak'kal's back to make sure she wouldn't fall off. Once the coughing had finally stopped she looked over at the two raptors and spoke, "I'm sorry... But I fear today has turned out to be a bad day for me to come out here... We should really get going..."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/10/2007 11:47 AM

Mys and Yivki nodded, understanding the situation. "I think we will head back also. Mys shouldn't over exert himself and I simply wanted to visit some of my old haunts again." Mys nodded and then they turned to Ha'kai and Destiny. "It was nice to meet you both."

{12}{12}
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/12/2007 9:00 PM

Rak'kal gave a small bow of his head and spoke, "It was a pleasure. Possibly we may see eachother again some day. I wish the two of you luck." With those words said, the crystal feline turned around and began to walk away. Destiny didn't seem to be doing all that well... they'd have to hurry and get home.
(Destiny and Rak'kal hath left)
[Posts recorded]
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/17/2007 11:59 AM

Mys turned to look at Yivki, head tilted. "Did you get to see all of them?"

Yivki nodded her head gently at her friend, "Yes. I believe I have seen that Tengel is still the same as it was when I left. I am glad." She bumped her head against his briefly before turning back and walking off.

Mys took one look at the departing Hunter and girl, and then followed Yivki back home.

{13}{13}
Mys and Yivki have left
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous