A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Paranoia is bad for you...[P/MidnightDraconia/Talcen]

Postby Kylo » 12/22/2010 9:16 PM

Anthos' eye twitched as he arrived at the site where he was to meet with some General from SOLDIER. He was already in a foul mood and getting dropped off in some gods forsaken jungle with a symbol of his past was not what he needed right now.

He paced about like a nervous cat and twitched at every sound. "Great nothing like hell to cheer up a person." he muttered darkly.

His horrible mood had started when he found out that he had been under survallence because of 'possible signs of insanity'. Like heck he was insane. He was the sanest person he knew next to Tseng, though that wasn't really saying much. He checked his watch for the tenth time in the past minute. Where was this General and who was he?

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Re: Paranoia is bad for you...[P/MidnightDraconia/Talcen]

Postby Middy » 12/22/2010 9:26 PM

A jungle was not a place he ever thought he would wind up being. Unfurling one feathery black wing he glided over the canopies looking for this "Turk" he was supposed to be meeting. Was this some cruel joke on him? Did they really think he would just go back to Shin-Ra willingly?

Spotting his target he gently let himself fall down into the trees, flapping his wing slowly to keep himself from falling too quickly, just enough for a gentle landing. He smirked and took his place in a tree, on a branch a little above the Turk below.

"Greetings... are you the one I am supposed to meet?" he folded his wing tightly against him nodding his head back in forth. He could stay long enough to see what the company was thinking sending out a lone Turk to meet him.

[1]
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/22/2010 9:38 PM

Anthos looked up in surprise. Not only did he know the general above him he had once served under him. Too bad he didn't learn enough from Genesis' example to stay away from ShinRa. He then smirked and stepped closer to Genesis.

"You tell me, sir." He almost laughed in sarcasm, but that would have been ironic. Laughing at the man who at the time thought was insane and now turned out to be most sane would ruin everything. He considered bringing up the past but quickly shoved all notions away.

"I wasn't told anything but to report here. I thought they were going to have me killed, but maybe not." He laughed this time though bitterly. He went against his better judgement in trusting Rufus, but he was always a sucker for anyone who would offer him friendship or even love. Being abused and hated by your father tended to do that to one.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 12/22/2010 10:02 PM

Genesis smirked and hopped off the tree branch, landing softly on the ground beside the Turk. He somehow felt like he had remembered him from... somewhere, but he couldn't put his finger on it just yet. "The name is Genesis Rapsodos. Ex-SOLDIER, by the way you look you must be from the Turks, am I correct?"

He brushed some stray strands of hair from his face and walked a few paces away from the Turk, "So, what is your name?" he really paid no mind about Shin-Ra sending him here anymore, if anything he could use this man. Make him go back to those Shin-Ra dogs with a warning, a message.

He paced back and forth, keeping his eyes trained on the landscape before him. Typical jungle, no grace... no real beauty. All he could see was green, no vibrant colors of the flora that was common here. Judging simply by this he could tell he wasn't really in the true 'heart' of the jungle.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/22/2010 10:15 PM

Anthos smirked. Of course Genesis had forgetten him, after all that's what everyone did. That or they tried to kill him or otherwise cause him bodily harm. He wasn't surprised the Genesis had given himself more space. It was expected for sword weilders. Give yourself space to both attack and dodge. Perfect. This ment he did not trust him. Oh how perfect.

"Correct, and the name is Anthos Kronos. You know it is rude to forget people who work under you." Yes Anthos could play the game of ruffling feathers. He was quite good at it too. Hit a man at his pride and ego and you will leave wounds that will last much longer than physical ones.

Anthos hated to be forgotten even though it happened all too often. A general should always remember his men. HE always had. He shivered at the thought of his former general always remembering everything he had done. Literally everything.

(Sorry I messed up so editted.)

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 12/22/2010 10:40 PM

"My friend, the fates are cruel...There are no dreams, no honor remains...The arrow has left the bow of the goddess," he smiled and looked over his shoulder at Anthos, "I remember you, vaguely," he kept his distance, watching Anthos carefully. He didn't fully trust him, in fact he really didn't trust anyone much anymore.

After remaining quiet for a moment, he smirked and chuckled, "Well we have met like they asked, now why don't you go back to those Shin-Ra dogs and tell them that I am here? That is why they sent you isn't it?"

He frowned at the thought unfurling his black feathery wing once more, "Let it be known that they will never have me."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/22/2010 10:50 PM

"Loveless as always. Do you not know any other play? Also know that I send no messages. I'm no messager, just a used up SOLDIER who has been betrayed yet again by my heart." Anthos said as he waited for Genesis to leave. Like everyone else.

He could not help Genesis find any answers, not when he could find none for himself. By now though he had figured out why he was here. They were leaving him here to die, or if they were lucky Genesis might kill him.

"Fly away bird, fly away and leave me here to die." he muttered under his breath and snickered softly. Yes this was it. This was where he was to finally die. Or maybe, just maybe live.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 12/22/2010 11:01 PM

Genesis stopped, still keeping his wing stretched out. Anthos' words confused yet... interested him. Had those Shin-Ra lapdogs lead him here to be killed by him? "LOVELESS happens to be my favorite play... " he trailed off in his thoughts.

"Anthos... is there something that is troubling you? You seem distant, aloof... more then usual I must say," he walked towards the man keeping his hands behind his back as to look like he didn't mean him any harm. His intentions were never to hurt him, although he didn't want to send a message. Very well then.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/22/2010 11:14 PM

Anthos cautiously watched Genesis approach him and felt strangely calm. His mind told him to leave, but his heart said to stay and talk. Why he had not a clue, but he knew what his heart wanted. He wanted to trust someone, he wanted to not be afraid, but what he wanted most of all was to not be used agian.

"Yes, something is indeed troubling me, but the question is can I trust you? Hell can I trust anyone?" He laughed shakily, the newfound calm he experienced earlier left and was replaced with fear and doubt. He felt the panic coming back. He knew he had been left again, he knew. Why else would Rufus send him here with no weapons, no cell phone, and no explination? Yes he was being left, what else could be happening?

The sudden urge to run filled Anthos, but his legs would not work for him. He wanted to run, to hide, to disappear. The question is why.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 12/22/2010 11:27 PM

"Trust is an issue with the both of us it seems. I myself find it hard to trust anyone... nowadays they just hunt me down so they can bring me back to that horrid city they call Midgar," he came closer to Anthos, watching his awkward movements. Was he afraid? What was troubling this young Turk so badly?

He walked towards him a little more standing closely in front of him, trying to examine just what he was feeling. He gave a look of confusion and stepped backwards just a little. "As for trusting me... hmm..." he smiled back at the Turk and folded his wing with a bow, "I am sure we can understand one another, we both seem to have problems with Shin-Ra, am I correct?"

It was worth a try to behave this way around him. Rather be polite around him, but not enough to let down his guard or pride. He stood back up and tilted his head with a grin eagerly waiting for his reply.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/22/2010 11:38 PM

"True..." Anthos said as he continued to watch Genesis cautiously. Adrenaline was coursing through his veins and he twitched involuntarily. He had nearly darted when Genesis had gotten close to him, but he had backed off and given him more room.

"Midgar isn't too bad...once you get used to the decay." He tried to force himself to talk and seem calm. His twitch gave him away though. "It's just the traitors that make it hell." He attempted to smile. "But at least one is gone. At least HE'S gone." Anthos laughed nervously.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 12/22/2010 11:52 PM

"You mean... Sephiroth hm?" he knew that this Turk had to be referring to him, but... did he consider him a traitor? No, he merely needed help with his condition. Sephiroth was the one who went crazy and left. Seph... he shook his head and sighed. Genesis felt like he had the upper-hand anyway, if this man gave him any trouble, well at least he had his weapon and materia to defend himself.

"Do you see me as a traitor then?" he asked keeping his distance from him. Was it Sephiroth that troubled this man so? Perhaps just mentioning him would warrant some kind of reaction. "Well... are you going to tell me what is bothering you so much? If I am to have some quality time with you, then the least you can do is tell me more about yourself."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/23/2010 12:05 AM

Anthos' eyes grew wide and he shook all over upon hearing the name Sephiroth. "You're not a traitor...you never lied to me...just him." He continued to shake and his eyes flashed teal for a moment. "You want to know me!?" He laughed and stopped shaking. "If I tell you, you have to keep it to yourself." he said as he smiled.

"I'm like you. Made, not born. Her cells, do they talk to you? I bet they do. Everyone with her does. Even I do, but I push her away. She should have just left us alone! She's at fault! Her and...and...and Hojo, they're at fault. Oh Hollander, I forgot Hollander. Him too." Anthos shook again, but this time in rage. They had used him and left him, they should die, not him.

"You know why I hate Sephiroth? No, of course you don't. He kept it to well hidden. He's my donor. My male donor. My...father." He ground out the last word. "But he didn't care. No of course not. He just used me anyway. He used my feelings for him against me and he tried to kill me!" He laughed before he collasped and cried. He felt so empty now that he had told someone the truth, and it was good.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 12/23/2010 12:32 AM

The man's story did move him, he had to admit that. So, they were alike in more ways then one. Both carried the same cells as... that thing. He stood silent going over what this man had said in his mind over and over again. Had Sephiroth really changed that much since he last saw him? Of course he knew when he went mad and burned down Nibelheim, in fact he had helped him along that path himself. Selfish... but he wanted him to know the truth as well. He was still his friend to the bitter end... but now... he shook his head.

"Hollander... I knew the man. He tried to help me, save me from my degradation. In fact..." he shook his head, "No never mind that," he knelt down to Anthos and brushed his bangs away from his face to get a better look at his eyes. They were like his.

"My time in Deepground really did make me lose sight on what was going on above."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/23/2010 12:47 AM

Anthos froze at Genesis' touch. When was the last time someone had touched him like that? So gently and unwanting? He knew then that Genesis was different. He wasn't going to hurt him like the others. He could trust him.

"You won't lie to me will you?" he asked softly. Tears still ran down his face, but he did not try to stop them. He had held everything in for far too long. It was time to let go. He felt helpless, but for the time being safe. Maybe Genesis would help him let go.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer