A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

The Cunning Marid and the Fierce Turk

Postby Kylo » 06/06/2011 6:38 PM

Anthos stalked quietly through the dense forest and cautiously watched the world around him. The last time he was here he had met a person from his past. Hopefully this time he would not run into anyone. He stepped over a large root and ducked under a low hanging vine. This place was a veritable hell for anyone in dress shoes, which he was. The stupid Turk uniform consisted of a zip up blazer, dress shirt, tie, dress pants and dress shoes. Basically everything one should not wear when exploring a rainforest. He had been sent to check out a supposed energy source. When Reno had flown overhead earlier in a helicopter he had gotten off the chart readings of energy.

So of course the job of looking for it on foot fell to the rookie, who just happened to have the most training for places such as this. Growling in irritation at the humidity and all the dirt Anthos continued to stalk through the forest. "When I get out of here I swear to Gaia I will force Reno to go through SOLDIER training so that he has to trek through hell to find energy sources." Anthos froze when a rich scent wafted through the air. It smelled strangely like a person. "Who's there!?" he bellowed.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Re: The Cunning Marid and the Fierce Turk

Postby Mousen » 06/09/2011 2:01 PM

It had been awhile since she'd strayed from her little oasis deep within the Wilt'no desert. While she'd never admit it, she was too worried about running into an old friend of hers. She was in his debt and she'd have no way of knowing when he'd want her to return the favour. And while she was indebted to him, she didn't think she was capable of squashing that pathetic djinn.

... Though, something inside her wondered if she would kill him, given the chance. He had saved her life, after all...

She shook her head, clearing the thoughts from her mind. He'd only done it because he'd had no other choice, he'd have left her for dead given half a chance. Currently, she was between forms, and a blue kind of mist swirled about her, after a moment of indecision, she became a sabbit, bright blue eyes looking around her warily. Skuld, as was her chosen name, was a marid, a kind of genie, infact. Less powerful than Ifreet, but much more so than the djinn. The sabbit smiled to herself, as it moved through the jungle. The humidity made her fur cling to her frame, giving her the air of a proud, half drowned rat. The jungle was beautiful, but Skuld gave herself no time to enjoy the sights of the jungle, she'd heard about this particular spot where...

Now, what was going on here? Shifting forms, she became a human, or something human-like. There something too... stylized about her, something just ever so slightly off about this form. Again her eyes were bright blue, her skin was the colour of strong coffee and black hair curled down to her shoulder blades. Had Skuld held a mirror in her hands, she would have sighed to herself, she always felt like her guises weren't quite right, somehow. To get a form completely right as it were, it was best to spend a while with the creature they wanted to become. Nothing in this world was going to get Skuld to spend time among humans.

She peeked out from beneath a large waxy leaf, almost looking comical. There was a man, in a odd looking outfit, trekking through the jungle, now why on earth would he be doing that? It seemed rather pointless to her. As he seemed to notice her, she sighed melodramatically, stepping out from her hiding place. She wore... Well, she wasn't wearing much, her garb was distinctly tribal looking. Perhaps she believed she could pass herself off as someone from one of the surrounding jungle tribes.

"No need to shout. I'm not some insolent half deaf fool."

((Fail.))

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Kylo » 06/11/2011 5:53 PM

Anthos narrowed his eeys and watched the approaching woman carefully. "You still didn't answer the question," he remarked slowly. He did not like the look of this woman and if she was a native then he could be in loads of trouble. He casually placed his hand near his hidden gun and stood his ground. It was always best to let others approach first in possibly dangerous positions. He also did not want th is woman to know what he was after, as then it could end up like Wutai. "I'm here looking for flower specimens to bring back to a museum, I don't mean any harm and will only take a few things so as to not disturb anything." That was a lie.

As Anthos studied the women more closely he felt unease settle in his stomach. something was amiss, but he could not put his finger on it. Call it sixth sense but he felt as if he should avoid her. She just screamed danger.

"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby Mousen » 06/19/2011 12:35 PM

"Which names would you like? I have several you see, and you're not having them all. For the purpose of this meeting you can call me... Skuld." She'd always liked that particular name, for whatever reason, the jinn felt it suited her. "Flowers?" The woman raised an eyebrow. "Hm? Why would someone like you be looking for flowers dressed like that?" She took a step forward, the kind of step a cat takes when it's stalking a rat. "What kind of flowers are you looking for? I could help you, if you want."

She didn't know it, but Skuld was squirming inside, the longer she spent here the longer she might attract unwanted attention. She'd come here on a whim, and even though something about this man was amusing to her, part of the jinn really wanted to just get moving and return to her oasis.

(( Fail again. X3 ))

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.