A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Friends in the Forest [P] - [PG13] - DONE

Postby SkyWolf11 » 07/17/2011 9:34 PM

+ Gyro +

Stumbling over an exposed tree root, the battered and bruised Fellox limped along with angry growls.  He was muttering something under his breath about some guy named ... Drex?  Oh, that guy.  No wonder he looked like he did.  And clearly, from the looks of him, he had lost another brawl.  Poor guy never won, it seemed.

"Stupid Drex.  I swear I'll beat that cocky, overly egotistical bas-!"  He bit his tongue as a sharp pain shot through him.   "Ughhh....", he growled, followed by a frustrated sigh as he let his body crumble to the ground in a heap.  The forest floor was wet and cooling to the heated Gyro.  He laid there, head between his paws, staring off into the distance.

[1]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Re: Friends in the Forest [P]

Postby MythicDusk » 07/18/2011 6:14 AM

Betty happily walked along, kicking up the undergrowth, her acid green eyes were offset by the purple marking that wrapped around her eye and trailed it's way down her face, and if it could bee seen, it would of shown it trailed into her brightly-colored shirt. But, instead the rest of her marking - and half of her face - was obscured by the rainbow scarf that never left her side. Her jacket was pulled tight around her, her jeans were a normal denim blue, which was strange for a girl with a happiness of her caliber.

She danced to a song that played within her head, a muffled humming could be heard as she payed no heed to where anything was, causing a few scratches as she twisted and twirled. Eventually, she opened her eyes, her dark hair settling about her face. She saw a poor bleached fellox lying on the ground. With a soft frown that no-one could see, she trotted over and knelt down beside it. Pulling down her scarf so she could be heard properly she looked the poor thing over, and with no regard for her safety, she began to softly rub it's ear. "You poor thing." She frowned, her head tilting slightly. "What did this to you?" She asked softly, rubbing behind it's ear.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Re: Friends in the Forest [P] - [PG13]

Postby SkyWolf11 » 07/18/2011 8:07 PM

He must have really zoned out as he hadn't even noticed the odd girl that entered the area.  That is, until she was right up on him.  He barely managed to get out a gasp of surprise before he felt her begin to stroke his ear.

With fangs gleaming and a harsh growl, Gyro jumped to his feet and backed away from the strange girl.  Poor thing?  Poor thing?!  Who was she calling poor thing!?  Another fierce growl jumped from his throat as he eyed her angrily.  "What do you think you're doing?  Didn't anyone ever tell you to stay away from wild animals!" he barked.  Okay, so he wasn't really a wild animal, but this girl didn't know that.  That was a good way to get hurt, or worse killed, in this place.  

He staggered a bit as his back leg throbbed again, making him shift uncomfortably as he took weight off of it.  It appeared his leg was what took the most damage this time around, the various gashes very much visible and still bleeding.  But his eyes stayed supsiciously on the oddly dressed girl.  In answer to her question, he snorted, throwing his nose up at the thought.

"...Drex, though that name probably means nothing to you."  Tails swishing slowly behind him, he tilted his head curiously.  "Just who are you?"

[2]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/26/2011 5:11 PM

Betty cooed softly. "But you're hurt." She slowly shuffled closer, digging into her pockets, she found a small roll of bandages for when she decided to make friends with the wrong creature, she could easily patch herself up. "Now hold still. I just want to help." She smiled softly, holding out a gentle hand for the fellox to sniff. When Betty decided she wanted to do something, nearly nothing could stop her.

she then sat on the floor, one eyebrow risen. "Are you really that scared of little old me?" She then chuckled softly. "I'll tell you my name if you tell me yours, or should I just call you Bleachie?" She grinned at the Fellox, both hands now holding her ankles as she watched the Fellox with seeming unending joy.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 08/13/2011 4:17 PM

He tensed with a warning growl as she shifted closer but he stayed put.  Injured as he was, he wasn't going to run from some girl.  And when she offered her hand, Gyro jerked his head away in refusal.  What on earth was this girl doing?  He'd given some thought to shifting forms, as she seemed intent on treating him like a stray dog, but with his leg banged up, he was better off on 3 legs than 1.  So he'd have to bare it, he guessed.

"Wait what?!  I'm not scared!", he barked when she'd chuckled at him.  And he shot her such a glare at the name 'Bleachie'.  His ears flattened at the sound.  "I'm ... Gyro.", he hesitated, letting his guard down slightly.  He wasn't too happy having to give his name to some stranger but he was not going to be called Bleachie.  "And as for you?  What do they call you?", he added quickly.

[3]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 08/21/2011 2:30 PM

Betty perked up slightly at the mention of her name and softly took the injured leg and began treating it with gentle hands, not much caring if she was going to be hurt. "I'm Betrayal, but most people just call me Betty. Uncle Beli says I was called betrayal because it would be 'So easy for people to betray me', or something silly like that. I still don't get what he meant." She giggled softly, her green eyes intent on the fellox's injured leg.

"Why did you come here, Gyro?"She was obviously trying to calm him a slight by making conversation, her delicate fingers dancing softly across his wounds as she slowly wrapped the bandage around his leg.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 08/21/2011 3:40 PM

Once again, the girl seemed to ignore his wishes and began to fix up his injured leg.  As she began to introduce herself properly, he began to understand a little more.  This 'Uncle Beli' of hers knew what he was talking about.  And so, as she seemed so intent on offering her help, he wouldn't turn down free medical attention, even if it was minor.  But he didn't have to be happy about it; A soft growl rising from him every few seconds as a reminder to the girl that he wasn't to be messed with.  

At the question, he looked to her then turned to look back the way he'd came.  Drex was why he was here.  Having been so intent on another challenge, Gyro had tracked the other Fellox down here in this place.  Otherwise, he didn't think he'd willingly come to this place.  It took him a little out of his comfort zone; preferring a city setting to this.

"You know that guy I mentioned before?  Drex?  Yeah him..."  He bit his tongue with a hiss as his leg started throbbing.

[4]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 08/21/2011 4:05 PM

Betty nodded slightly, not out of understanding, but out of respect, to show she was listening while she tended to his leg. "What did he do? Kill your mate like a big, nasty Garudor did to Uncle Beli's mate? Did he destroy your family like someone did to Mama Shyzuzie?" Eventually, she shrugged slightly. "I guess it just isn't my place to ask. But these personal vendeetus just seems a bit silly to me." Obviously, trying to sound more adult than what her brain seemed to be able to cope with, the mispronunciation of Vendetta's seemed to go unnoticed by Betty. "But, again, I guess it just isn't my place to say." Looking over at him when he hissed with pain, she chuckled slightly. "Do you want me to re-apply the bandages? I could make them a little looser." Her left brow rose as she looked over to the bleached fellox's face, watching the mask.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 08/21/2011 4:54 PM

Gyro looked to her curiously.  It seemed that her family had many ... problems.  But he shook his head no.  "I've no mate or family, really.  It would only slow me down."  His tone seemed sad but truthful, for what he was after was only power.  Power to beat Drex.  To prove himself to be strong, and not some weakling to be treated so below people.  Power was the only answer in his mind, for a good life.

His leg jerked a little at the tightness but he shifted to put weight on it.  "No no, it's fine.  Pressure is better to stop the bleeding.", he sighed.  With so many battles under his belt, he had some knowlegde on treating wounds properly.  If the bleeding stopped, it would soon scar over.  And what was another scar?  Nothing.  Though his fur hid most from view, his body was littered with cuts and scrapes and gashes, even a few stitches from his more severe losses.  

He now stood, testing the girl's work.  It was still stinging, but bearable.  He offered no thanks though.  It wasn't in his nature.  Instead, he focused on her with slight interest. "Your family seems ... like an unfortunate bunch."

[5]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 08/21/2011 5:07 PM

Shifting slightly, Betty smiled up at him. "I'm sad to hear that you have no family or mate." then, at his final statement, she shrugged slightly, slowly standing. "But, we get by. Even though Uncle Beli lost his mate, he's found a new Girlfriend that he says really looks after him well. He came home before with a big scar on his face and a missing finger. I asked him about it and he said he did it to protect her. That's how you can tell you really like someone, he said, if you would give that much and more for them." She grinned at him. "And Mama Shy has all of us for a family now, so she's very happy." Again, she shrugged and smiled softly. "We get by." Those three words seemed to be her mantra, the words she lived by, just simply, we get by.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 08/21/2011 5:29 PM

He gave a slight shrug of his own.  "Eh.  You don't have to be sad for me.  I chose this life, I suppose, so I have no regrets."  His only regret was his place in the world.  But that wasn't his choice.  He would get to the top.  He would ... at any cost.

"We get by?", he repeated.  It didn't sound too happy of a phrase to use when referring to one's life.  That smile on her face confused him.  From his perspective, that was talk from someone who'd given up.  Yet she smiled as if she was fine with it.  It was ... odd.

"Don't you want a better life?"  People fighting for one another, sacrificing their own goals and happiness for someone other than themselves...  It was a foolish gesture to Gyro.  In this world, you had to look out for numero uno.  Anyone else would just be unnecessary baggage.  

[6]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 08/21/2011 5:40 PM

Again, another shrug and another understanding smile. This girl, even though her intelligence was childish, seemed to have the wisdom far beyond her years. "There's been hatred, horrors and pain in all of our lives at one point or another. Some people completely give up, others insult the memories of the people that they've lost by completely ignoring their past and moving on without a second glance. We remember, we remember the pain and the joy, but we still move along with our lives. We do not drift through, but we do not lie stagnant. We get by." Softly, she scratched at her neck, pulling the woolen scarf a slight lower. "I guess what I'm trying to say is, my life in the past was a disgusting thing, yes, and there is nothing to change that. But my life now, it's immensely better, admittedly, there are a few slip ups..." She softly touched her shoulder, seemingly in recognition of something that lay beneath her clothing, and she then snapped out of her slight stupor, shaking her head. "But, I don't think I could ask for anything better. I've got a family that cares for me, I've got friends who love me. It's why I try to make lots of new friends, so they know that they don't have to lie stagnant or charge on ahead."

Her eyes slowly drifted back down to the bleached fellox. "Don't pity me for the life I lead. If I can be brutally honest, I pity you. You have no-one to love and care for you, no-one to love and care for. This man, Drex, he has hardly done anything to you." She waved her hand nonchalantly towards his injured leg, her brow now furrowing as anger began to build up in her. "And yet, you still want to fight him?" She snorted out of disgust. "People like you need to learn to let things go."

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 10/29/2011 1:53 PM

The Fellox had stood quietly as he heard her point of view on such things.  He had grimaced slightly when she had stated that she felt content being with the people she cared for.  This he couldn't wrap around his brain.  One just could not be happy with family and friends dragging behind them.  It was too much of a distraction to live with.  But what really got under his skin was what she had to say about him and his life.

With a sharp audible snap of his jaws together in a nasty snarl, Gyro glared madly at her.  "I do not need your pity, girl!"  He staggered foward as he barked up at her.  "And you know not of Drex - of my life!  I've worked hard to get out of this miserable place I'm in and if that means fighting until I die then so be it!  And you say to let things go.  Foolish!  Those memories and that hatred or whatever someone may have hanging back over them - it is a fuel to get better!  If I were to forget and 'let go' as you put it then I would get no where!  I would have admitted defeat!  No!  That is weak!  And the weak get crushed!"  His fur was all a fuzz from his explosion.  It was a vicious circle the Fellox had found himself in since birth.  He knew nothing better from the world and the words of a strange girl he'd just met would not change his mind so easily.  

His breathing was slightly labored now as he seemed to boil back down.  "I don't need pity and I don't need people." he muttered.

[7]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/29/2011 1:59 PM

Most people would of been frightened by this display, but not Betty, she simply looked upon him with such pity it was crushing, her lips pulled into a thin line. "Belias was so fueled with rage about loosing his mate, he nearly died. Not from battles, but from starvation. He lost the will to live." She fell silent again, sighing softly. "What are you going to do after you beat him, Gyro? Who will you spend your life with? Who will you share the fame and glory with?" She shook her head softly, obviously sad for the position he was in. "Being the best means nothing if you have nobody to share it with. I hope you realize this before it's too late, Gyro." She sighed softly, shaking her head again, looking upon him again with deep pity.

"I hope you realize that life means nothing unless you have someone in it with you."

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 10/29/2011 2:21 PM

"Then he was weak!"  Gyro spat back quickly about this Belias person.  But then he paused, turning away from her slightly.  To be honest, he himself had felt that pain before.  His will had wavered many a time, but he had not let himself give in to it.  When your will goes you must turn to your mind to save you.  He had just kept telling himself that it was a cowardly exit - he would be damned if he was going to give in so easily!  He had to learn to pull himself back up from the brink of sadness.  No one else was going to do it now, were they?  No ...  they weren't.  His eyes glided slowly back to the girl.

"I will live on top.. alone.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  The glory would be mine and only mine, as it should!"  His voice was stern as he spoke.  Why would he want to share his glory?  With anyone?  They had not helped him to succeed; the only person who could help you was yourself.  "When you're the best, no one can stand in your way.  There is no one to hurt you, no one to tell you no, and no one to take what is yours.  It's the only way to survive in this world."  He paused with anger still in him.  "You need to realize that before you fall down so low into the world that there is no way back up.", he stated, turning her advice back onto her.  "The weak will die and the strong will thrive.  That is the only true law of the world.  Anyone with a brain should be able to understand and respect that.  I do not understand why people insist on living so ... misguided..."  To him, he spoke the bare, honest truth.  To anyone else, they would probably pity the Fellox for it's warped way of percieving the world.  But when you lived like Gyro, the warped was the truth.

[8]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next