A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Re: Friends in the Forest [P] - [PG13]

Postby MythicDusk » 10/29/2011 2:32 PM

Betty, admittedly, was beginning to get irritated by his pigheadedness. "The strong know when to ask for help!" She snapped back, advancing on him, her arms trembling. "I was alone, in a cage, fed off the barest of scraps for years! Being with people, having friends and family is infinitely better! why can you not see that?!" She practically screamed at him, falling to her knees in front of him and grabbing him by the mask. "Why can't you see how much better it will be, Gyro?!"

Most people would of just given up by now. Shrugged and said that they tried their best, but Betty didn't want anyone to be miserable at any time. she knew Gyro would be miserable eventually by himself. she didn't want to say in three years time 'Toldja so.' she wanted to be able to say she changed someone's life for the better.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 10/29/2011 3:00 PM

His ears shot back in both irritation and because of how loud she had gotten.  "The strong don't need help!  They help themselves!", he argued, watching the girl fall before him.

Grabbing his mask made him jerk back instinctively, enough so that he bent his leg wrong and fell onto his haunches with a soft whine.  But now that he had a better look at her face, staring into her eyes... he could honestly say he felt scared.  Not really from the girl herself but from her genuine worry for him.  No one in his life, not even his own parents, had cared so much for him.  In fact, it seemed that anyone and everyone he meet could care less about him and what could happen to him.  But this girl was the first to try so hard to convince him of the good of keeping company, forming bonds, having a support system to fall back on...  It was a scary thought.  Growing up, he learned quickly that the world held no good people.  No one would help, and those that said they would?  Only for something on their part.  He had learned that too, sadly.  Maybe if he had met her way back when he was still so innocent... things might have happened differently.  But sadly, that wasn't the case and old habits die hard.

He pulled away from her with an unsure look.  "You ... you have had a similar past?"  He hadn't missed that part she had said and it clung to him hauntingly.  Similar circumstances had befell him in his early days.  "So why are you still so ... so ... open to the world!?"  His voice was becoming more of a whine at this point.  "It has hurt you yet you still have trust to give!?  It will get you killed!  It doesn't get better, it never did!  Person after person, betrayal after betrayal, it was all the same!  How did it not change you!?"  The anger had been replaced with fear, confusion, and ... even jealously.  The way she talked, she had found happiness in this hell.  Why couldn't he?  That was all he had ever wished for, hoped for, all his life when he was being kicked down into the dirt.  But he wouldn't admit it to her.  He wouldn't admit he wanted happiness.  Learning to live in the fear and anger had hardened him like stone.  It was all he knew.  To seek a better life now at this point was just not possible.  It may even have gone so far to say that he feared being happy.  He didn't want it if it was only going to pulled out from under him.  And it would.   Eventually...

[9]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Postby MythicDusk » 10/29/2011 3:13 PM

Betty sighed softly. She was beginning to get through to him, finally. "Because I gave it a chance." She said simply, releasing his mask and softly touching the fur on his neck, curious as to how it felt. "I gave the world a chance. I gave people a chance. That's all I'm asking you to do, Gyro. Give the world a chance." she sighed softly, sitting back and looking over at his leg. "Can I check your leg?" She asked softly, moving around to his side, softly nudging him, trying to get him to lay on his side.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 10/29/2011 3:39 PM

This time when she reached out for him, he did not move away.  Granted he still flinched, but he allowed her to touch him.  That word she said over and over... chance.  It echoed sickly in his head.  Give people, give the world, a chance?  Ha ... been there done that.  And he got the backlash of it all.  He gave his parents a chance and they left him on his own.  He gave strangers with promises of help and warmth a chance to help and they fed off him for their own gain and left him with nothing.  And he had given the world a chance when he searched hopefully for a safe haven among all the bad in the world he'd seen, away from all the suffering and pain.  And it gave him no such sanctuary to run to.  Chances were dangerous and just a plain waste of time.

"But I have.  I have given... And nothing good ever came from my trusting anyone."  He tried hard to hide the sadness that was beginning to creep up his throat.  Clearing his throat he straightened up with a sigh.  "I'm afraid I've given all I'm willing to give at this point."  His eyes stared into hers.  He doubted he could bring himself to give anyone else a chance anymore.  He wasn't being stubborn, just being truthful.  He wanted to change, deep deep down, he really did.  He was just unsure of how to start ... and if he could.  It would mean lowering that barrier of his.  It made his stomach churn but ...

Without giving the girl an answer, he cautiously responded to her nudge by easing leaning over a bit.  He wouldn't lay down like some obiediant pet.  As small as it was, perhaps it was a trusting gesture from the Fellox.  Had her talk really gotten through that thick skull of his?  Maybe a little.  It wasn't much but things wouldn't change overnight.  He looked at her oddly.  

[10]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/29/2011 3:49 PM

Betty looked up at him sadly, and pushed her hair from her face. "Well, at least give me a chance." She said softly, carefully lifting his injured leg, she winced slightly. Slowly unraveling the bandages the carefully prodded around the wound, and then wound it up again. "It should be okay, you've just got to keep your weight off it." With that, she moved away from him and sat down, her legs crossed and grabbing her ankles, watching him with her acid green eyes. "What do you say, Gyro?" She asked softly, her scarf beginning to unravel itself from around her neck, a thick scar could now be seen just above the neck line of her tee, on the right shoulder, and she winced, quickly covering it up with a grimace. "Wanna give me a chance to show you what the world can be like?"

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 10/29/2011 4:11 PM

Someone like him was not going to take well to babying.  After she'd re-wrapped his leg, he stood back up defiantantly.  It still pained him to stand fully on it but it was pain he was used to and would just ignore.  "I'll be fine.  I've made it through worse pain." he snuffed.  

After a few moments of silence he gave the girl a sideways glance.  Those green eyes that bore into him made him uneasy.  With a sigh, he turned to her and stared at her hard.  "I warn you, girl, if you do anything to cross me I will strike you down.", he growled with a demanding tone.  It wasn't a threat, it was a promise.  It seemed that there was still a sliver of hope left in his stone of a heart.  So yes.  He'd actually attempt to get to know this female it seemed.  But it did not mean his guard would be down at any time.

"I have little faith that you will show promising results from this agreement, but you're free to try."

[11]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/29/2011 4:38 PM

Betty chuckled softly. "Alright, I understand." She gave him a soft smile, ignoring the fact that her scarf was now pooled around herself, and that the thick scar on her shoulder was now at least half-bared to the world. Looking over at it, a soft frown pulled at her face and she slowly wrapped her scarf back around herself. "So, tell me more about you." Betty said softly, her eyes gazing over at him as she fixed her scarf.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 12/11/2011 9:10 PM

It was hard not to notice the girl's scar but he eventually pulled his gaze from it with a scoff towards her comment.  He highly doubted she understood his threat and it's severity.  Oh well, it wouldn't be his fault if she soon found herself under his claw.  Or between his teeth.  He rolled his eyes as he stared off into the forest.  However, the next comment caused his eyes to shoot back onto her with fire.

"More about me?", he repeated with a defensive hiss.  Was that really a good idea?   Nope, he didn't think so.  "My name is Gyro and I hate an idiot named Drex.  I think that's all you need to know right now."  He took a pose that spoke of arrogance.  As far as he was concerned, that was all she needed to know.  So much for staying on a friendly basis.

[12]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 12/15/2011 8:28 PM

Betty cocked an eyebrow, then shrugged and grinned somewhat. "If you say so. Well, my name's Betrayal, I live with Nana Shy and sometimes Unca Beli and Aunty Zari, Aunty Zari's real nice. She makes Unca Beli real happy." She began to rock from side to side, obviously thinking. "When I was a pup, I was put in a cage, and every time I barked I would get hit or not fed, so I learnt not to bark, and I would get food. Then I learned I could use my human form and I ran away, and Nana Shy found me on the roadside and picked me up, wrapped me up in this big scarf and took me home." She grinned, lifting the ends of her truly humongous scarf. "And I've been living with her since." Her grin was stupidly huge for the subject she was talking about, but it still remained in place.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 01/05/2012 8:56 PM

The Fellox stared at the girl oddly as she proceeded to spill her life story, it seemed.  When she was done, ending the whole thing with a ridiculous grin plastered on her face, he cocked his head and shook it softly.  'I don't remember asking...', he thought.  It was still a shock for Gyro that Betty could still act so calm with all her past still trudging after her but he was tired of arguing... and of this place, actually.   He didn't care where but he needed some new scenery right about now after chatting with this confusing female.  

He started to stalk forward, a slight limp still in his steps.  "You are a really odd girl... Betrayal."  It was the first time he had addressed the female by her name, and it felt odd.  But he had allowed her to tag along (unfortunately) so he supposed it would be something he'd just have to get used to now...   Or for however long he could handle this girl's company.  Looking back at the girl he flicked a tail at her impatiently.  "Well?  Are you coming or not?"

[13]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 01/05/2012 9:04 PM

Betty quickly turned into her lucain form and flicked her ears forward, trotting after him. "Please, call me Betty." She smiled and playfully nudged him, then in a sign of complete trust, she pulled off her own scarf and draped it over him, her tails wagging furiously as she trotted forward, her ears flicking rapidly. She was excited by the prospect of travelling with Gyro, her new friend. She liked that, the fact that she was helping him to find friends. No matter how spiky and nasty he might be on the outside, she was determined to crack through his shell to the real him.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 01/06/2012 8:05 PM

Betty?  Ick... Gyro like the sound of Betrayal better.  Betty sounded ... too ... happy-go-lucky, but whatever.  He wasn't going to spark another pointless conversation while they were finally moving now.  However he didn't mind openly opposing her little gesture as he sunk beneath the sudden feeling of the soft scarf.

He snarled with a matching glare shot towards Betty.  "Whoa, hey now.  Don't be getting all mushy and all up on me." he growled with a sidestep away from the cutesy female.  He still wasn't entirely sure on this whole 'friend' thing he'd just triggered.  "I ... like my space.", he stated, coming off more stern this time than aggressive.  If she was tagging along, she'd better learn her boundaries.  As he had stated once before, he had little faith that this whole companion deal would last long, but only time would tell if he was right or not.  So long as she did not get in his way.

[14]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous