A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Memories Once Shattered; Picking up the Pieces [Private]

Postby SpringsSong » 11/27/2007 2:17 PM

[center]Image
Ashilata

So, she was out of the war.  She had never wanted to go anyways.  So, Fire had been compassionate enough to replace her with a Gallizar; Shanti.  Ryen had gone off to battle, and Tali?±a was off with Sethor.  She had broken Yojimbo's heart with telling him that she had promised to find one of her fourteen friends--Kendoras--that she would wait for him to come back.

He had died.  Now, he had apparently been reincarnated.

She sat in the rainforest, recalling her fourteen other friends: Salacia, Sable, Albinoni, Mayonaka, Nayru, Din, Farore, Rose, Kilani, Ajeya, Canipsis, Anubis, Happun, and lastly, Kendoras.  The only other Trikuhna in their division; her partner-in-crime and clarion commander alongside her.  She had loved him so much...

...enough to have made the promise she had made to him.

She sighed as she thought about meeting a Kuhna that had been reborn.  She had had a brief reunion with Nayru and Farore, and it was already evident that they were different.  Farore was more of a dark character than she had been, and Nayru rarely spoke.  She sighed again, looking around.

{142}
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby SirMax » 11/27/2007 2:54 PM

Ashilata... Ashi. He'd finally get to meet the girl who's name he'd known his entire life. He'd never been sure about why he knew her name, but he'd always known it, since he was a baby. "Ashilata" had been one of his first words- that had certainly confused his parents. And now he was going to meet her at last.

Maybe she would know why he'd know about her forever.

Still, the circumstances bothered him. Seeing Yojimbo- how he'd changed- was chilling. And the look he'd given Kendoras when he said he'd "found his mystery girl" wasn't easy to forget. But...

It didn't matter now. He was going to meet Ashilata. It didn't matter if Yojimbo was acting weird. It didn't matter if Ashilata was just out of the war. All that mattered was they were finally going to meet.

[[1]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 11/27/2007 3:01 PM

Ashilata's ears perked us as she heard someone coming.  Her heart raced for a minute, thinking that she knew for sure who it was, but she remained still, clasping the two metal pieces in her paws together.  When she had left the war, she had gone back to the Shrine to get them since they would do the Goddess no good since she was no longer there.

She looked up upon seeing the Trikuhna enter her area.  She tried not to pounce upon him, which was very hard indeed.  Remember, Ashi, Nayru had said firmly, almost vehemently.  We don't all have your memory.  Some of us don't know, nor do we wish to know, how we died.  Just be yourself around him, try to explain to him why he knows your name, but don't expect it to come back to him. Ashi was going to try as hard as she could to not screw this up, but it would be hard.  "K-Kendoras?" She asked shakily, looking back at the two metal pieces in her paw.

{143}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 11/27/2007 3:58 PM

"Y-yeah... Is that you, Ashilata?" he asked hesitantly, stepping forwards towards her. What was she holding in her hands? Something metal? Nevermind. His heart skipped a beat as he saw her for the first time. She was a Trikuhna too? And that scar... he had the same one! This had to be her! He took another step towards her and grinned. Now he might finally find out why his life had driven him towards her.

[[2]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 11/27/2007 6:35 PM

Ashi smiled slightly as she said, "You remember my name..." She set down the pieces of metal--dog tags, they were--and walked over to him.  Looking him over, she said, "So, you're a Trikuhna... and you have an identical scar like mine." She trembled as she tried to remember what Nayru said about the Fifteen not having all their memories intact.  "D-do you know how you got the scar?" She asked, the vivid memories returning to her of how she got her scar.

{144}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 11/27/2007 6:40 PM

Huh? That was a weird question... "Oh, um, yeah, when I was younger I slipped on some ice and I got cut open really badly, and it scarred. Why?" Well, of course the reborn Kendoras would have gotten the scar in a very different way then his counterpart that Ashi knew. "Um, what do you mean 'remember' your name?" he asked slightly timidly, glancing at the dog tags and noticing his name.

[[3]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 11/27/2007 6:44 PM

Ashi cleared her throat as she said, "Oh, well, I, ah... it's complicated, really.  Very... complicated." She noticed that he was looking to the dog tags, and she sighed.  "It's all so wierd for me, honestly... I've been in one war, almost been in two, actually, but then..." She chuckled.  "My trainer pulled me out of the war for her own reasons.  I think she didn't want to see three pets she was incredibly attached to die." She said, shrugging.  "So... you slipped on a piece of ice... Strange.  I got my scar in a very... very different way." She murmured, her paw going to that scar.

{145}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/28/2007 9:10 PM

Ashi blinked as she looked up for a minute.  "I-I guess I should say that what I mean by 'complicated' is actually more like... well, gruesome, actually.  I was fighting in a war--other than the Purine and Imperial one--see, I still have a few dogtags..." Indeed, she did; the only two she carried with her were the ones reading "Ashilata, WFH4-3" and "Kendoras, WSM3-8".  "One day, I was used to help gather the bodies.  When they burned them, I fought them.  In trying to sedate me, one of them cut my arm." She said.

{146}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 12/01/2007 9:05 AM

"What do you mean strange? Lots of people slip on ice..." said Kendoras, confused. Hearing about the way she got her scar left him gaping at her. "I..." he started, then fell silent. "That's terrible. I'm sorry." he murmured, before catching the name on the dog tag and blinking. "Why does that have my name on it?" he asked, confused.

[[4]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 12/01/2007 9:38 AM

Ashi blinked.  It had been as Nayru warned her; he did not remember.  "I-if I tell you..." She said, trying to control her urge to say "How can you not remember?!" She took in a breath.  "If I tell you, you must promise not to think me crazy..." She sighed.  "There are thirteen others that remember my name but do not remember the war.  Please... no matter what, do not think I want you to be someone else as I tell the story.  I am just telling you what I remember, and then I shall try to forget." She said.

{147}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 12/01/2007 9:46 AM

"...what do you man, be someone else?" asked Kendoras, taking a slight step back. "I'm not anyone else..." he said hesitantly, frowning. Taking a deep breath, he nodded. "Alright, I promise not to think you're crazy..."

[[5]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 12/01/2007 9:56 AM

Ashi chuckled.  "You'll see what I mean when I tell you my story..." She said, lowering her eyes for a moment.  When she looked back up, she began slowly.  "We were born in a war camp in the same hour as thirteen other Kuhnas: Albinoni, Rose, Kilani, Ajeya, Canipsis, Mayonaka, Happun, Sable, Anubis, Nayru, Din, Farore, and Salacia.  Our parents--your first parents, before your rebirth--were killed for birthing us.  After that, we were trained to fight.  Our dog tags," she said, indicating the pieces of metal.  "Are all that remain to tell us of the war we fought in--and that fourteen of us so bravely died in." She said, sighing.  "Shall I continue?  Is my name the only one you can remember?" She asked.

{148}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 12/01/2007 10:01 AM

"Yes..." said Kendoras. He didn't remember any of this. He wasn't born on a battlefield, he was born in a hospital in Nabias. His parents were still alive, and he didn't know any of the people she'd mentioned... Was she confusing him with someone else?

[[6]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 12/01/2007 10:09 AM

Ashi shook her head as she said, "There's nothing really more to tell... You and the thirteen others died in combat and I lived.  They had me help gather up your bodies and they burned them.  Enraged, I attacked.  That's how I got my scar.  After that, I left the battlefield.  When I went to the Purine vs Imperial war, there was a Flarend there that I told my story to... and he asked me if your name was Kendoras, and... in doing so, I broke his heart." She said, lowering your head.  "You don't have to be Kendoras the Warrior if you don't want to or if you don't remember.  You can just be Kendoras, and I will try to forget the war and become just Ashi." She said.

{149}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 12/01/2007 10:58 AM

Kendoras was silent for a moment as he processed all of the information, stunned by the tale. He didn't think Ashilata was crazy, and believed her story. Well, except for the last part. "You'll forget?" he asked softly, before looking down at the ground. "You know that's not true." he murmured. "You know very well that I'll always be Kendoras the warrior to you." he fell silent for a moment and then mumbled "And I'm not him."

[[6]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Next