A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Being Human [ Training P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/23/2012 10:34 PM

This was the place.
Snowflake stared around the courtyard with a growing feeling of dread sitting in the pit of her stomach. She was supposed to take care of all this? How on earth was she going to accomplish that?
The temple that towered in front of her looked old, worn, but well cared for.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Being Human [ Training P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/23/2012 10:35 PM

The courtyard was immaculate, the soft ‘kong-kong’ of a bamboo drip sounding somewhere within the confines, and the strong scent of pine and nature was all around her. The idea of taking over here and keeping the temple in good repair sounded like a daunting task to her. Why had she agreed to this again?
Because it was her grandmother’s dying wish that she live at the temple.
Snowflake had been close to her grandmother as a child, but in her teenage years, she’d drifted apart from the old woman, visiting less often, and then not at all as she was caught up in her studies, her friends, and boys.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/23/2012 10:35 PM

Snowflake regretted those decisions, wishing she’d spent more time with her grandmother before she’d passed away. She’d always assumed her the old woman was as healthy as a horse, and Snowflake took it for granted that she’d always be around.Her grandmother, Genkai, was a fighter, she knew. But she couldn’t fight death forever, and she had, eventually, succumbed to life’s last great battle. In a letter sent to Snowflake only a few weeks before Genkai’s death, her grandmother had requested that she come and live at the temple and take over it’s care.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/23/2012 10:36 PM

She’d been told there was enough money to keep herself comfortable for as long as she remained, and that the temple wouldn’t be too hard to maintain, especially since it’d been kept up so meticulously throughout the years. Snowflake had been hesitant at first, considering going to college and finishing off her education. She’d always been interested in ornamental horticulture and floral design, and she’d planned to go to school to get her degree in business management, before opening a shop of her own. But after Snowflake had read the letter (many, many times, of course) she’d come to the conclusion that complying with her grandmother’s last wishes was more important than a flower shop. The temple had meant so much to Genkai, and when Snowflake was little, it had meant a lot to her as well.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/23/2012 10:36 PM

She couldn’t let those memories be forgotten or destroyed, so nearly two months after receiving the letter, and almost a month and a half after her grandmother’s death, Snowflake had packed up, bid her family farewell, and made the journey by car to the temple. It was further out than she remembered. There were more trees than she remembered. Things were more isolated than she remembered. Snowflake wasn’t sure if this was the best idea she’d ever had or the worst.
[1]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/23/2012 10:37 PM

The isolation from the outside world frightened her; what would she do for fun? How long would it be before she was bored out of her mind? She had to console herself with the reminder that her grandmother did have cable, a working phone, and running water, so it wouldn’t be too bad. But the idea of being cut off from the city was a little disconcerting.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/23/2012 10:37 PM

The idea of being alone also didn’t sit too well with her. The person who had been taking care of the temple before her, a girl who Genkai had called ‘Yukina,’ was supposedly moving to the city to live with her boyfriend and his sister. From what Snowflake could gather, she’d left only a few days ago after being assured that Inari was actually on her way to take over the temple. “What am I doing?” the girl grumbled, rubbing her face with her hand. She hiked the backpack on her shoulder a little higher and stepped through the gate. “I’ll tell you one thing,” she muttered to herself, glancing quickly over her shoulder. “If I have to keep going up and down those stairs, I’m gonna get whipped into shape real quick.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/23/2012 10:38 PM

Snowflake wasn’t sure what was worse; not knowing what to do first, or not knowing what to do once she’d finished her chores for the day. She set her backpack down in the living room, surveying the old temple with a small smile. It had been so many years since she’d been here, but nothing had changed much. The only difference was the amenities Genkai had added in her later years, like the microwave, oven, TV and video game system.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/23/2012 10:38 PM

Snowflake blinked at the game system, wondering just what Genkai could’ve been doing with that. She supposed it must’ve gotten boring living out here all alone. Placing her hands on her hips, Snowflake decided that her day would best be served figuring out what kinds of groceries she had and what she needed from the store. Tomorrow she’d head into town and stock up, but for today….it was time to make a list.

Rolling up her sleeves, Snowflake prepared to brave the kitchen. Genkai always kept some really weird stuff in there…

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/23/2012 10:39 PM

Was it possible for a car to be so overloaded, it wouldn’t move?

She was pretty sure her car wouldn’t hold another bag. Snowflake surveyed the trunk, staring at it thoughtfully, then at the basket she had hanging from her arm. She only needed a few more vegetables, and she’d have everything on her list.

Slamming the trunk shut (with some difficulty) Snowflake turned and walked back down the sidewalk towards the market near the end of the street.

[2]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/23/2012 10:39 PM

With her list grasped tightly in her hand, her eyes scanned over the multitude of items crossed off and still needed; all she had left was potatoes, corn, and some garlic. Snowflake made a face at the list, then crumpled it and stuffed it into the pocket of her jeans.

The little market at the end of the street was bustling with people, each out in time to do some early morning shopping. Snowflake’s gaze scanned the crowd, though she didn’t expect to see anyone she knew.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/23/2012 10:40 PM

As she strolled down the sidewalk, her attention was diverted from the market to a very colorful window along the line of shops. Snowflake turned, blinked, and smiled as she realized what she was staring at.

A flower shop. And a cute one at that.

Deciding it couldn’t hurt to take a peek, Snowflake dashed inside, trying to contain her excitement at seeing so many beautiful arrangements.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/23/2012 10:40 PM

She ignored the associate at the register (though not on purpose; she was just…easily distracted) and went straight to the displays of flowers, fawning over the different use of each different plant.

“Did you need any help, miss?”

Snowflake had ended up kneeled down beside a large display on the floor, mooning over the way the plant seemed to change colors as it snaked up a stake planted in the middle of it’s pot. At the sound of the soft voice behind her, she blinked and shot a curious look over her shoulder.

She blinked again at the sight that greeted her.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/23/2012 10:41 PM

One of the most gorgeous men she’d ever see was smiling down at her, his green eyes sparkling with amusement. His red hair looked luxurious, and Snowflake felt her hand twitch slightly as she wondered if it felt as soft as it looked. He was absolutely handsome, she realized, even if he was wearing a silly green apron. What was a cute guy like him doing talking to her?

Oh God, he’s pretty damn hot, she thought absently. I wonder if his hair color is natural? And look at those eyes. Whew, mama, he is one good lookin’ boy, I’ll tell you what.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/23/2012 10:41 PM

Snowflake tried in vain to push away the little voice that had suddenly reared it’s very perverted head, but it was not to be denied.  Can you imagine kissing those lips? Just think about it, girl! A faint blush rose up her neck, and she could feel her cheeks growing hot as she stared.

Wait.

Stared?

Oh right, he had asked her a question!

[3]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next