A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

15th hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/13/2012 9:53 AM

I have taken to weaving a cloak for myself out of vines, to keep myself awake. It is surprisingly difficult to do, especially in the dark, though the light from the nightblossoms goes some way to help me. It is exactly the wrong kind of light for this purpose, though... A soft, cool, soothing pale blue glow in the hot, muggy night of the rainforest. I must find something better to keep my mind active, and soon... By my calculations, it should be somewhere close to three o'clock now, still far too early for the dawn...

I have become overly paranoid, tensing at every creak, and every new sound I hear. It takes a few moments of anxious waiting before I realise I can still hear the background noise of the rainforest, and I relax a bit. I can handle standard creature adversaries... But those demonic things from earlier give me the chills. Bane out.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2196
Donate

16th hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/13/2012 10:01 AM

I can't do this, I keep feeling nervous and jumpy... I tell myself it's just the lack of sleep, that It's alright... But I keep hearing sounds through the trees, and seeing shapes out of the corner of my eye...

I think something I ate was poisonous, or at least hallucinogenic. I should never have trusted the mushrooms, at the very least... Without a field guide, it is impossible to guarantee the species of mushroom, and I think I'm paying the price for it. On the plus side, I am wide awake, so at least there's no danger of being attacked in my sleep...

I heard something, just now. It sounded like a wail through the trees, like a massive creature crying out in pain... or fury. I really hope it's just me experiencing the effects of the mushrooms. Bane out.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

17th hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/13/2012 12:36 PM

The jumpiness and paranoia seem to have almost completely gone, though I still feel a little jumpy. That'll teach me not to eat random mushrooms. At least they haven't proved fatally poisonous...so far. But they have left me feeling nauseous, and drained of energy. When will this night end?

I've calculated that it must be around five o'clock now, so hopefully it shouldn't be too long before dawn... I just want to go home, and sleep for two days. Bane out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

18th hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/13/2012 12:42 PM

Another moonling sighting, this time too close for comfort. But at least I wasn't their target, though I pity the poor, hapless soul who was... I watched their glowing eyes as they raced past my tree through the canopy, before hearing a single distant shreik... The rainforest was silent for quite a while after that. I guess nothing wanted to move, in case it was next...

I need dawn. I need light. I need rain, blessed blessed rain, to keep them away from me. Bane out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

19th hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/13/2012 1:06 PM

Dawn at last. Beautiful, beautiful dawn... not that you can really tell down here. The canopy blocks the light, and the only reason I know it's dawn is because it got light enough for the nightblossoms to close. But it's still dawn, and it means I only have five more hours in this hell hole to go.

I haven't slept. I haven't let myself. I was too afraid I would get noticed and attacked, and not have a chance... All I can think about is my bed, and warm carpet, and good food. Cooked food. Why anybody would choose to put themselves through this for fun is beyond me. I don't even know why I agreed to it. Bane out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

20th hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/13/2012 1:14 PM

I'm so tired, my body aches, and my eyelids are dropping of their own accord. There are moments when I zone out completely, and come round only to realise I have a blank in my memory where I zoned out. Twice I've caught myself almost falling off a branch, when I decided to move to wake myself up... I don't think I can last much longer. Thank the gods it's only a few more hours until I can leave...

The first few hours were alright, but between the moonlings, the mushrooms and the lack of sleep... I just want to go home. Bane out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

21st hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/13/2012 1:18 PM

Haven't slept yet, don't think I'm going to. Feeling nauseous all the time, and I keep waving in and out of consciousness. Think I might pass out or vomit, don't want to because that will alert everything in a 30-foot radius to my prescence. Tired. So tired. More than I can describe. I feel so... cold... all the time. And so weak... This feeling is awful. I feel helpless, and hopeless, and worn out. Please, please, just make the time go quickly. Let me go home. Please. Bane out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

22nd hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/13/2012 1:22 PM

I passed out, I guess it was inevitable that I would at some point. I barely had enough energy to crawl under that leaf blanket thing before I was out. I'm only thankful that I didn't sleep too long.

I still feel nauseous (though not as bad as before), and I've still got the shakes... I can't believe I felt cold in the rainforest. Even the night was warm... I must have been really, really bad. I never want to feel like that again, I don't know how people say they can handle it...

I want to go home. I can feel it's almost over, and I'm glad. I just want to leave this place, with it's moonlings and it's noises... I've had my fill of them. Bane out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

23rd hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/13/2012 1:29 PM

It's almost over, I can taste it. The sunlight through the canopy has been getting stronger, and the heat has been rising again... Its about eleven, and I only have to stick it out until noon. I can't believe its been less than a day, it feels like so much longer...

I can finish this. It's so close... I can do this.

I passed out again. Had a little power-nap. I felt safe enough... It had started to rain heavily again, and it was light... and there were so many noises from all around me...

I obviously disregarded the chimerantula problem. Woke up to find one sitting on my chest, and had to stab it with a sharpened branch. Thank goodness I kept it close to hand... One more report, the last one, and I can go home. I can't wait. Bane out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

24th hour - the last one.

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/13/2012 1:35 PM

Finally, finally, it's over! I feel like either crying or dancing, I don't know which... I got the shakes again, and that deep, cold, empty feeling... It felt like everything was being sucked out of me, to leave nothing but empty space... Horrible, truly awful. I don't wish it on anybody, not even my worst enemy.

The moonlings haven't returned, and there's a steady downpour, which will hopefully keep up until I reach the edge of the forest. I'm taking a couple of pitcher plants and some food parcels, bound with leaves and vines, as well as my weapons. I think they'll make good trophies (the weapons - I intend to eat the food.) I have left some in the clearing as a gift to the rainforest, and I have left my nest intact, in case someone wants to use it.

I bid this challenge farewell with a grateful heart, and I leave to journey homewards. For the last time (at least for now), Bane out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous