A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Re: A Shimmer of Hope (Self)

Postby Thunder » 02/08/2013 9:14 PM

The two tried to sneak by and leave Cornelius and Jotsueil to their bickering. But then, Cornelius suddenly turned towards Aban, glaring at her with his one real eye and one mechanical one. "You there. Kuhna."

"H-huh?" Aban stammered. She looked over her shoulder at the distressed Lucain. "W-what did I do?"

"Nothing," Cornelius growled, "but you're going to help me anyway. Find my lightbulb box as fast as you can on that broken leg."

"Yeah, do it Aban!" Jotsueil sneered. The Kuhna felt terrified and indignant at the same time. Oh Martin, this is your fault! she thought.

"Now, now," Gartrie snarled, pushing his way between her and the other two, "why have Aban do it? She's clearly injured and has nothing to do with this."

"Would you like me to report you to the Ringmaster?" Cornelius growled at Gartrie. He jabbed a finger at Jotsueil. "This fool right here refuses to get my lightbulbs back, so I'm afraid I'll have no choice but to find someone else."

"Take me, then!" Gartrie hissed. And that was when Aban suddenly got an idea.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby Thunder » 02/08/2013 10:51 PM

"No, Gartrie, let me do it," she said quickly. The Kirund stared at her like she was insane.

"You had no hand in this!" he sputtered. "Why are you letting yourself get punished?" But his words didn't stop her. Aban winked at Gartrie and stepped up to Cornelius.

"So, you'll comply with my request?" Cornelius asked. He lifted his head and regarded her warily.

"Yes. I'm sorry to hear that you lost something you need for the show. I don't mind finding the box for you." The Lucain's frown transformed into a small smile.

"Ah, excellent. Thank you, then, Kuhna. You're so much more helpful than Jotsueil. I'll be sure to inform the Ringmaster that you'll be out searching for my supplies, then."

"Do you have any idea where you last saw them?"

"They were in my storage closet, but then this fellow..." He cast a sideways leer at Jotsueil.

"I told you!" the Ferrikoon shrieked. "It wasn't me!"

Cornelius cleared his throat and continued. "I can't exactly tell you were the closet is, of course, since the hallways here constantly change. But the box is colored bright red and is clearly labeled lightbulbs, so you shouldn't have a problem spotting it."

"All right," Aban said, "I'll go look for it right now.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 02/09/2013 12:58 PM

Cornelius gave Aban an approving look before turning and walking off. Jotsueil leered at her, spat on the ground, and zoomed away. Gartrie, though, stepped in front of Aban, preventing her from leaving the area.

"What are you up to?" he whispered.

"I thought this would give me some time to look for the Jester," Aban replied. The Kirund seemed surprised at the idea.

"I see. Well, try not to get lost. I'd come with you, but I doubt that they'll let me. I hope you find him. No one knows where that guy has been lately."

He gave her an encouraging pat on the shoulder, and Aban grinned back. As she left the room, he sighed and watched her disappear down the hall.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 02/09/2013 1:09 PM

Aban had not yet traveled the circus halls on her own, and without Gartrie's company, the narrow, dark passages seemed exceptionally more frightening, as if the Ringmaster would jump out at her at any moment. She prayed that Cornelius would keep his word and tell the Shinzo that she was out looking for his lightbulbs. Even if the Lucain was proud, he didn't strike her as someone to break a promise.

Now that everyone was back in the training room, the hallway to the dining room seemed to have vanished. It was disorienting, and Aban wondered if there was some trick to getting to the room she needed. How did the veterans of the troupe find their way around, anyway? She wandered down several routes, but none of them took her to the place she wanted. It was a constantly shifting maze, and she hoped she wouldn't be lost for too long since she didn't want to put more strain on her broken leg than necessary.

Maybe she just had to trust her instincts, or maybe she had to think hard about the room she wanted to go to. Aban really had no ideas other than those.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous