A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Re: The Rainforest Dragons (P)

Postby SpringsSong » 02/08/2013 7:03 PM

"There are quite a few, actually," Anadella said, smiling.  "I, for instance, being a Pipe Paragon, have some minor powers over both water and air.  There are two Paragon here that are capable of manipulating the element of water, and our leaders and their sons--two of them, at least--are capable of manipulating light."

"You are forgetting one of our newest members, Anadella," Inditlina said sternly as they continued walking, passing the healer's den.  "That new Ambia--Saneol, I believe his name is--has curious powers over the element of fire."

"In short, there are... several, really," Anadella said.  "And then, there are the Paragon that have some innate magical abilities, such as our lead healer."
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Postby Thunder » 02/08/2013 7:25 PM

Scorch nodded as his guides explained. So it seemed like it wasn't too uncommon for dragons around these parts to have magic, either. It made him feel a little relieved; for a moment, he had wondered whether he might seem out of place because of the fact he could use magic. Still, it appeared that these dragons only had mastery over one or two elements, whereas he had control over a wider array. However, he knew that someone skilled with just one element could still overpower him, who had little experience with magic in general.

"So you have a healer too...how many roles are there?" he questioned. Then, he paused and stammered, "P-please don't think I'm trying to interrogate you or anything... I'm just curious. I never knew dragons could live somewhere like this."

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/08/2013 7:32 PM

"Oh, we know that you're not interrogating us," Anadella said, before Inditlina could even respond.  "We have healers, sentinels--that's what we are--hunters, fighters, den-mothers, and den constructors.  Then, of course, there's our leaders, but that role will pass with the bloodline."

"That sounds about right," Inditlina said as they reached the end of the spiraling pathway.  "The leader's den is just ahead, if you'll follow us..." she said.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 02/08/2013 7:47 PM

Based on the number of roles they had, Scorch figured that this clan must be incredibly organized. Back in Dracoria, it was basically everyone for themselves. If you trespassed on someone's territory, you were likely to get into a fight. If you were hurt, you'd better have some good friends, or you had to deal with the injury yourself. Parents didn't have babysitters for their eggs. If Scorch's companions moved to Evelon, would they be able to continue their solitary lifestyle?

His heart beat with both excitement and nervousness as they neared the leaders' den. He hoped the leaders would be understanding; it wouldn't be good if he got the head honchos of this place angry. Scorch took a deep breath and kept close behind Inditlina.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/25/2013 3:38 PM

Anadella could tell that Scorch was doubtless wondering something, although what, she could not tell.  "You needn't worry about anything," she said calmly.  "Most of the Paragon in the Root did not have roles until recently, when they discovered what they were best suited for.  Sometimes, new hatchlings will fully mature and remain unassigned for some time before they take on a role they feel appropriate to their skills.  At this time, we don't have any unassigned Paragon, but we allow everyone to do their tasks as they see fit."

"It's only fair, since the Root was gone for so long," Inditlina said.  "The only ones that are of direct descent with no wild in their blood are two of our fighters."

Here, Inditlina and Anadella both walked into the leader's den.

ImageImage

Standing calmly there, as if they had been expecting the strange visitor, were two Ambias.  The male appeared muscular and strong, as though he had seen his fair share of fights, but he also looked kind and gentle.  His mate, whose scales bore colors reminiscent to chocolate, radiated a motherly aura, as though she would not harm a thing.  She looked upon the Lavamancer, and she dipped her head.

"And who might you be, young one?" she asked calmly, her voice melodious.

"Kalach-cha," Katalmach said, chuckling gently.  "For all we know, he could be about our age.  He's not a 'young one' unless he is notably younger than we are, and in that vein, he could also be older than us," he added.  He turned to the Lavamancer and asked, "What is your business with the Root?"

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 06/01/2013 11:44 AM

Anadella had somehow picked up on Scorch's disease very quickly. She seemed good at discerning others' feelings, which would probably come in handy as a sentinel. If any more random strangers like himself popped up, she could probably assess their intentions in a heartbeat.

At the Pipe's description of how her clan's roles worked, Scorch nodded and said, "Ohhh, I see." So there was independence within the Root, but taking on a specific duty seemed to be encouraged for the tribe function well. "I never had anything like this back home, so this is all new and foreign to me."

Soon, they had finally come upon the leader's den. Scorch gazed at the entrance with a mix of nervousness and wonder. He gathered up his courage, gulped, and walked in. Inside the den were two Ambias, presumably the Root's leaders. Judging by the way they greeted him, both seemed quite gentle, though the male also had a powerful build that Scorch would not want to mess with in battle.

"H-hello," Scorch shakily greeted. He wasn't sure what the Root's gesture of respect was, so he settled for a quick little bow. "Um, my name is Scorch. I'm here because I accidentally trespassed on your territory while searching for food and drink. Inditlina and Andella found me and wanted to bring me to you. I-I hadn't been aware that dragons were living here."

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous