A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

.:To Heal or Harm?:. [P. Fire and I]

Postby Middy » 01/16/2013 6:11 PM

Lillian was one to often wander around many parts of Evelon, to seek out people who needed healed, or answers about herself and even about the arts of destructive magics. It was a never ending search for her, but she enjoyed it all the same. Today she had found herself in Tengel Rainforest, a type of place she never thought to find herself normally. Was there even others out here, or had she come to a desolate part of this place?

"What brought me to this place? There has to be some reason... was someone hurt?" she thought to herself. The windgill spread her chromatic wings and took flight to get a better look from the air. Maybe... if she could see the rainforest from above then she could see if anyone else really was here or not.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

[1/3]

Postby SpringsSong » 01/16/2013 6:27 PM

Not all that far from where the Windgill was, there was another Paragon.  She was not much of a wanderer herself, but she was certainly a little far from her common sphere.  She was flying higher than she was used to flying, normally; however, she had sighted prey, and she was intent on catching it before it was gone.

She had belched a cloud of fire in the direction of her sighted prey; that, apparently, had been a mistake.  Before she knew it, the Hollowheart she had attacked had wheeled around and sped towards her at lightning speed.  The two had crashed into each other, and the Hollowheart's claws had won out over the Paragon's.  Now, with some blood flowing from her wounds, she was gliding around in a circle to land.

Yenaya is going to have my head for this... she thought to herself as she descended closer to the canopy of the rainforest.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: .:To Heal or Harm?:. [P. Fire and I]

Postby Middy » 01/17/2013 5:48 PM

Lillian wasn't watching ahead of her, gliding close to the canopy and keeping her head anchored downwards. Before she knew it, the smell of blood went through her nose-- and it was close-by. Someone was injured! Before she could look up to see where she was going, she had bumped into the Fairy Paragon instead. Lillian flew back a little in surprise and shock, hoping she didn't hurt whoever she ran into.

"Oh, forgive me! I'm so sorry, I didn't know where I was going-- see I caught the smell of blood and--" her words were cut off when she noticed the glaring wounds on the other paragon. So she was the one who was hurt, and she just ran into her! She was feeling more than guilty about this, but... she could make it up to her.

"You're hurt... I-I'm a healer, to make up for being so clumsy I could patch up those wounds if you want, usually she wasn't so frantic, but on normal circumstances she wasn't the one who caused the injuries in the first place or in the case of today- made them worse.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

[1/4]

Postby SpringsSong » 01/17/2013 6:03 PM

Morina's mind had been focused on landing so that she could get back to the den.  She had not expected to be barreled into by another creature, much less another Paragon.  Her initial reaction was one of shock and fear, but when the other Paragon mentioned that she was a healer, Morina steadied her flight to remain suspended in midair.

"A-a healer?" she asked, tilting her head curiously.  "You mean, like how--"

She stopped herself here, though.  She had no idea where this Paragon had come from, or if she was affiliated with any other tribe.  Her purple eyes narrowed, as though she were going to decline the offer, but a sharp pain ripped through her, and she winced.

"...I think... it would be better for you to look at my wounds if we landed," she said shakily.  "The head healer of my tribe would never imagine trying to treat someone's wounds while they were in midair; I would never expect you to do something like that," she said, slowly spiraling down through the trees.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 01/17/2013 8:25 PM

"Oh I heal others with the arts of white magic, effective yet hard to master," Lillian smiled nervously, she was still far from being a master in healing magics but she knew how to effectively heal others to full... if they weren't severely mangled that is. She grew nervous when it looked like the other Paragon was going to refuse her offer, but sighed in relief when she finally replied.

She had a point, no healer in their right mind would attempt to mend wounds in the air! "R-right, that would be the best idea wouldn't it? Lillian nodded and descended down to the ground, keeping herself as steady as possible. She landed with a slight stumble but was able to steady her body.

Hopefully the other made it down fine, her wings didn't look damaged so it should go smoothly. Once she landed she would need to introduce herself too, having names always made things easier between two people.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

[1/5]

Postby SpringsSong » 01/17/2013 9:21 PM

Morina soon landed, trying to be as light on her feet as she could be.  Her right front leg was injured, but most of the injuries were on her body, dripping from her dark red Predator onto her dark purple and black skin.  She inhaled sharply as she laid down slowly, looking around as if she were trying to gain her bearings.

"Luckily, we are not that far from my clan's territory..." she said, her voice labored.  "Should we need additional assistance, that is.  But all the same, it would not be far for me to travel to be back home."

All the while, she could already hear both Katalmach, the leader of the clan, and Aerarnis, the head scout, scolding her for not being more careful--followed, doubtless, by a reminder as to why she was not the lead hunter.  That was the last thing she needed right now.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 01/18/2013 12:33 AM

Lillian made sure to walk over to the wounded Paragon immediately after she landed, and upon closer inspection she was much more injured than she thought. Most of her wounds were masked by the pattern on her skin, the blood blending in with the rich red markings. Whatever she had been attacked by sure did a number on her. What did attack her?

Lillian moved one of her hands over the wounds on the front leg, a small warm light appearing above gashes. Almost immediately the injury began to heal and close up, and once it was fully healed she moved onto the other wounds. Doing this took a lot of her concentration though, so knowing that this Paragon's tribe was close-by was good to hear. Maybe they could take her in and let her rest up.

"I'm almost finished, but you will still need to wash the blood off of you," she quickly tended to the remaining wounds before adding, "The name is Lillian by the way~ I'm glad I could be of help to you."

She would need to ask her some questions about her tribe too, and maybe get the full story on how she received these injuries as well.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

[2/6]

Postby SpringsSong » 01/18/2013 1:05 PM

Morina was surprised at the powers that this Paragon seemed to have.  She had never seen the Placid in the Clan heal wounds quite like this, but at the same time, Morina was relieved.  Now, she would just have to deal with the ridicule of having taken on such an opponent by herself and not enlisting some assistance.  She must have had some sort of a gift; a gift, she thought, that Yenaya would certainly be interested in seeing.

"...Lillian.  That is a nice name," Morina said, looking away from her wounds to the Windgill for a moment.  "I'm... Morina.  That's what I've been known as for as long as I can remember.  I don't know if that's the name my birth-parents gave me, but it's the name that's stuck the best--the name that Katalmach gave me when we first met."

She had forgotten, now, what she used to be called.  Katalmach had found her so long ago; had called her Morina and joked about her being his shadow, for so long that she couldn't remember any other name.  He had taken her in and raised her from a youngling, so it was no surprise that she thought of him as a father figure.  However, he was still first and foremost her leader, as a member of the Clan.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 01/20/2013 4:02 PM

Lillian smiled in response, healing the last of the wounds, "Morina, I like that name. This Katalmach, is he the leader of your Clan?" she stepped away once the last injury had been healed, leaving no trace behind. All this healing had taken a bit out of her, if she was a master of the arts than she wouldn't be this tired so quickly.

"Whatever gave you those wounds must have been a nasty creature to say the least," Lillian stretched her wings before resting them against her back and sat down. How did most healers cope with using their abilities in this extent? It was the on;y way she could get better at it, but in the back of her mind she knew what tired her out faster than normal healers.

She shook her head and smiled again. "So... you think I could come and see this clan? I really am exhausted and I have nowhere to stay at the moment, maybe they could be so kind as to let me rest there for a bit," she had hoped her request was reasonable, Morina didn't seem like a bad paragon herself, so she guessed her clan was full of thoughtful others as well.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

[2/7]

Postby SpringsSong » 01/21/2013 9:26 PM

"Thank you.  And yes, Katalmach is the leader of the Clan.  He's... I could ramble on for a while about what a kind, benevolent leader he is," Morina said, chuckling as she lowered her head for a moment.  After a couple moments more, she cleared her throat and nodded nervously, recalling the attack.

"It was a Hollowheart.  It didn't look nearly as large or menacing when I first sighted it and sent a cloud of fire towards it, but once I did that, I learned how wrong I was," she said.  "I won't be making that mistake again--next time, I'll try to have Adalden with me, at least; maybe Quocel on the ground if we manage to get it grounded..."

Here, though, Morina heard her question.  Come and see the Clan?  Well, Morina certainly didn't see why not.  She knew that Aerarnis, one of the two main guardians of the Clan, would have serious questions for the Windgill if it were her, but... she wasn't Aerarnis.

"I don't see why it would be a problem," Morina said.  "Follow me~" she said in an almost song-like tone.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 02/04/2013 4:42 PM

What an interesting story she had, Lillian had never encountered a Hollowheart herself, but she had heard about them and what they looked like. Nasty dragon-like creatures with wicked claws and teeth, not something she really wanted to have a negative encounter with. "Well... you can take solace that you learned a valuable lesson, right?" Lillian tilted her head with a nervous smile, she had hoped that comment came off as being a positive one. She was always worried what people thought of her.

She was more than excited to hear that she could meet Morina's Clan, she had never really visited a whole clan of Paragon before-- she was a traveler and never had settled down anywhere. Sure, she might have seen a lot of weird things in her life, but she never stayed long in one spot. "Alright! I can't wait to meet them all!" she chuckled as she followed behind Morina closely.

Hopefully she had enough energy left to get herself from here to the Clan, she was teetering on exhaustion already. Lillian really just wanted to find a comfortable place to rest right now, but she knew she had go through some hoops before then.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/25/2013 3:45 PM

They had, indeed, been fairly close to the entrance of the nest.  Morina made sure not to walk too fast, so as to not lose Lillian along the way.  When she reached the area where the entrance was housed, she brushed the vines covering it away and allowed Lillian to enter first.  When she would follow behind the Windgill, she would recover the entrance to the nest, concealing it as best as she could.

"Well... this is the nest, for the most part," she said, smiling.  "Most of the Paragon here have not been living here for that long.  The Root, as we call ourselves, has only recently begun to reunite since their unfortunate disappearance over a milennia ago.  But, we still manage to make due."

Below the entrance, there were Paragon swarming from place to place.  Some were entering dens, others were leaving their dens, but four Paragon in particular kept emerging from and re-entering a particular den.  Morina extended a claw in the direction of that den.

"That's our healer's den," she said.  "There are four healers in our clan; three apprentices and the lead healer.  Oddly enough, the lead healer is the smallest Paragon in the entire Root, but her knowledge is unmatched--even by the two oldest Paragon in the Root."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate