A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Re: New Beginnings (P)

Postby jobiehanna » 06/10/2013 12:03 PM

Caois glanced at the palmie, he was glad to see at least some interest. Vikso seemed content in acting like she didn't care. Maybe she didn't, and was just entertaining Liv's curiosity. He wasn't sure.

"Then I tried to find you, Vi," he told her earnestly. "I went to our old home and there was Sois tending the garden. I asked him where you were, and he said he didn't know. You'd left three months ago. I was devastated, because I had no way of knowing where you went. I asked around the local villages to see if they knew anything. Some said you went to a forest, others the desert. Some even believed you'd go to Lambastia! But I knew better than that, so the forest was my best bet." He paused here to take a breath as she watched Vi intently. She was un-moving in her expression.

"So I began my search, although it took me a year to even hear a whisper of you. But when I heard about an elusive taosig living in the dense Tengel Rainforest, I knew it had to be you. You're the only one who would be crazy enough to live out here alone." At this Vi raised an eyebrow, but Caois only chuckled. "It's a compliment, another thing I love about you."

Visk scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Anything else?" She inquired.

{4.16} {1.3}

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/10/2013 8:54 PM

"Well, I, uh, err," Caois stuttered. Her lack of emotion had Caois stunned into silence. Was she really this cold? This wasn't the Vi he remembered, not at all. At her raised eyebrow, he let out a breath. "No."

"Okay, you can leave now," Viskso said simply. Although his story had been touching, she couldn't risk going down that path again. As much as she wanted to believe him and have the pain of his departure go away, she couldn't shake the feeling that he'd go away again.

Caois started to speak, but the small voice of Olivia cut in again. "Visk," she said calmly. "Why don't we talk about this?"

Visk opened her mouth and closed it again. The look on Liv's face was innocent, but there was something else there Caois coudln't pick out. "Fine," the young woman finally consented.

A smile lit up Liv's face. "Let's talk in the back," she said with a smile. "We'll be back Caois," she said to him before Vi scooped her up and took her into a side door. He could hear her footsteps and then the soft murmur of voices that were too low to decipher.

{4.17} {2.7} {1.4}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/10/2013 9:11 PM

Viskso placed Liv carefully on the mattress before she sat down beside the palmie. She glanced at her plant friend with a look that said 'Well?'

For once in her life, Liv actually looked a little uncomfortable. She was silent a few seconds before she said, "I think you should give Caois a chance. He's been looking for you."

Visk rolled her eyes. "What if he's lying?" She countered.

"Visk, you know I can tell when someone is lying. He's not. He still loves you, although he's uncertain if it's the same kind it was before," Liv was saying quickly. "But that doesn't mean it's any less true. You should let him get to know you again."

Visk was blinking back her tears. "What if he leaves again?" She asked in a soft whisper.

Liv blinked, unsure how to answer. "I don't know," she answered in a small voice. "We'll have to see if we get to that point... But really, give him a chance. Everyone deserves a second chance, right?"

The human form taosig nodded and brushed the tears from her eyes. "Right," she admitted. "But it's not going to be easy," she said with a sigh.

It was a few more minutes before Viskso regained her composure and left the small bedroom with the ash palmie in her hands. The little creature had a way of getting past her stubborn streak and making her see things in a new light. She just hoped this was going to be worth it.

{4.18} {2.8}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/11/2013 8:18 PM

Caois was waiting where they left him. He had his elbows rested on the table and his head in his heads. He seemed to be thinking really hard, or maybe just tired. At their arrival he lifted his head.

Viskso placed Olivia on the table and fixed her eyes on Caois. They were still hard, but at least they weren't full of fury anymore. "I've decided... you don't have to leave," the young woman said with a sigh.

"Oh, thank y-," Caois began to say as a smile spread across his face, but he was interrupted.

"But I want to know what you want with me."

Caois let out a breath. "I just want to apologize for running out on you. I regret it so, so much... And I want to get to know you again, if you'll let me," he said, allowing himself a small grin.

{4.19}  {2.9} {2.5}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/11/2013 8:28 PM

It was Visk's turn to sigh now. "Okay," she said in a deflated tone. "If that's all you want... I-I can give you that... a second chance," she said with a glance at Liv, who smiled.

Caois stood up now so that he was level with Visk. His eyes bored into hers and he saw the pain inside them. The pain he'd caused her. He wanted no more than to take that away. "Vi," he breathed, catching hold of her hand. "Thank you, so, so much. You won't regret it."

Her jaw tightened and she pulled her hand away. He could tell that this wasn't going to be easy. "You can stay in the shed until we have time to build an extra room for you. Unless you have somewhere else to stay?" At this remark, she raised a questioning eyebrow.

Caois shook his head, "No, that will be perfect," he told her with a smile.

The tiniest of smiles played across Viskso's features. As much as she wanted to forget this ever happened, having Caois here made her stomach to flips. "Well, it's getting late," she finally said. "I'll show you the shed and get some blankets."

{5.20} {3.10} {2.6}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/11/2013 9:27 PM

It'd been three weeks since Caois had first shown up at her house. Viskso was still a little uncomfortable around the male, but she was beginning to slip into her old habits with him. It was so easy to know that when she instructed him, he'd be there doing whatever it was within a couple of minutes. It was also easy to laugh with him and poke fun at each other as they worked in the heat of the Tengel, or when they ate meals. But it hadn't started like that. She'd been harsh the first two weeks. Olivia was always reminding her to be kinder, and she tried her hardest. Visk hoped she would be able to be nice, but she still harbored the hurt he'd caused her.

The first two weeks had been awkward and rough for the both of them. Visk was always reserved around Caois, even when Caois was trying to be himself and open her up. It took a lot of effort, but he could see the old Vi coming out bit by bit. Maybe the only difference between her now and then was her bitterness. Naturally, he blamed himself. He'd broken her heart. So he tried his best to make it up to her. Caois did whatever she wanted him to do as quickly as he could. He even did things she didn't ask that he knew needed to be  done.

Things were slowly getting back to normal, and it was a relief to the little palmie that watched the pairs' every move. Olivia was always in the background, never in the action. She much preferred it this way. Especially when she got to see the friendship between her parent figures begin to blossom once more. It was a relief to see them together, and to see the not forced smile Visk was now using.

{5.21} {3.11} {2.7}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/12/2013 7:21 AM

The extra room for Caois was coming along nicely. Every evening after they'd taken care of the plants Caois and Viskso worked on gathering supplies for the add-on and putting up the framework. They'd even had to take a couple few day trips into the closest town to get some of the things the forest didn't provide.

By the time the first month was over the extra room was complete. It was about the same size as Visk's room, but arranged differently on the inside. It was a great relief for Caois to have the room complete because now he could stay inside the house. It was such a bother to go out to the shed to sleep every night. It was a sound structure, but it was awfully lonely and it creaked when the wind was really rough.

But tonight he'd be staying in the house with Liv and Vi. It was exciting, to say the least. It'd been ages since he'd slept in the same room with Vi, but just being in the same structure was good enough for him.

{5.22} {2.8}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/12/2013 12:29 PM

That night at dinner Vi was unusually quiet. She seemed distant ad nervous, but Caois wasn't sure why. Had he done something wrong? But he was afraid to confront her. She wasn't entirely confident about talking about her emotions with Caois, so he didn't want to upset her by asking. He confronted Liv after dinner while Vi was cleaning up. She didn't even seem to mind the lack of help.

Caois quietly asked Liv if she'd talk with him, and she consented. So he scooped up the palmie and went out the door. Once he reached the shed he put Liv down. "So, um, Liv. I'm glad you'll talk to me," he began is a rough voice. "But, well, I'm worried about Vi... She seems... distant. Do you know what's wrong?"

Liv looked away from him, then back. "Well, she um, I don't know if she'd want me to say anything," she began, her brows furrowed.

"Come on, please," Caois begged with a worried smile.

"Oh-okay," she finally relented. "But you can't tell her I told you." Caois nodded; Liv smiled.

{5.23} {3.12} {2.9}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/12/2013 12:40 PM

Olivia hesitated a few more minutes. It was obvious she was nervous about telling him. "She's nervous about you staying in the house more... permanently," Liv finally said with a slight frown. "It makes it more solid, and Visk's afraid she'll um, well, love you again. And she, well, doesn't want to, um, get hurt again," she went on to say with a nervous cough at the end. "But if she knows I told you she'll never tell me anything again. So please, don't act different or tell her or anything. And I wouldn't ask her if I was you. She'll get upset if you think something is wrong."

Caois was quiet a moment as he took this in. Is that really what Vi was afraid of? It hurt him to know this, because he knew he'd never intentionally hurt her again. Not after what he'd put her through before. "I-I see," he finally said. "I swear I won't tell her a thing," he added with a smile.

Liv nodded, "I think we should go back in now, before Visk starts worrying." Caois nodded and picked her up before going back inside.

{3.13} {3.10}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 08/08/2013 10:00 PM

Viskso had just finished cleaning up from dinner when Liv and Caois came back into the house. She put the last dish into the cupboard and took in a deep breath and let it out. What was she really worried about anyway? Caois would be in a different room. After all, they were only sleeping, right? Still, the thought of him sleeping in the same house as her again made her stomach fill with butterflies. Visk wasn't sure if she was nervous, or if she was actually glad he would be sleeping in the same structure.

Visk turned to the pair and said, "Skipping out on clean up, are we?"

Caois appeared nervous at her accusation, which seemed odd. She was just joking around with them. Viskso decided to let him think she was upset though. "Well, I... um, we," he stuttered with a glance at Olivia, who merely offered a shy smile.

Suddenly Viskso burst out in laughter. The other two appeared startled, but then started laughing as well. "You... you had me there," Caois said with a final chuckle. He couldn't tell when Vi was being serious or not anymore. He used to be able to read her like a book, but now he couldn't. He felt a pang of guilt at the thought. And it was his fault.

{5.24} {3.14} {3.11}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 08/08/2013 10:17 PM

After Viskso regained her composure she apologized for laughing so hysterically. "I'm just really stressed," she explained to Caois. Olivia nodded her head, as she knew Visk so well that she understood completely. "Every little thing is funny, and it just makes me feel better. I'm sorry," she apologized again.

Caois offered a reassuring smile, "It's okay," he responded, "I get it." Viskso returned the small gesture, glad Caois understood where she was coming from. Olivia just smiled, glad they were still getting along so well.

Shortly after that the trio settled at the table to play a quick card game and chat a while before going to bed for the evening.

The following months passed without episode, despite Viskso's wariness of the situation. Caois was nothing but kind and courteous to the woman, and wanted nothing more than to reforge the bond they had lost. It was hard going, but both could tell that they were getting past the awkward stage of meeting each other for the second time.

{6.25} {4.15} {3.12}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items