A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Re: A Little Exploration [Open]

Postby Middy » 06/20/2013 10:20 PM

"Will do," Cedric nodded and smiled at William. He would do as he said, since he was a man who kept to his promises. His wife always said he was the most honest people she had ever met, but of course she could have been a little biased to that fact. He could feel the wound slowly closing at this point, wincing once more. Thankfully he could keep his mind off it while looking for berries since the healing process was going to take a bit. Just what kind of Demon was that? Fire? It burned... perhaps while he was looking for the berries he could find a salve as well.

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby FrostyRae » 06/20/2013 10:39 PM

Giving a quick nod to Cedric, William left in search of Torken. They were full of tough meat and he could recycle everything into something useful for him later. What was this festival going to be like though?

The warrior never had really explored outside of this beautiful rainforest unless he had to for the sake of survival. Now that he was taking a trip to the city, he wondered what places he would see along the way.

(9/15)
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Middy » 06/20/2013 10:50 PM

Cedric took his time wandering about the rainforest, amazed at the different fauna and flora he came across. Of course he was keeping a sharp eye out for any healing plants he recognized, but so far there was nothing. Thankfully he picked up on William's scent enough to be able to find him if he got too lost, either that or return to his Paragon form to fly up and scout that way. He hoped that if it came to that he would be healed up enough to even fly.

Finally after some time searching he spotted a purple petaled flower that bled a sticky crimson sap. This was it! This was one of the flowers native to Tengal known for its antibiotic and healing properties. Cedric had a big dumb grin plastered on his face as he saw it, quickly plucking the flower from the soil.

Problem now, was that he needed some help applying the sap. Oh well, time to find William again. It was hard being a doctor and not being able to apply the medicine himself.

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostyRae » 06/20/2013 11:11 PM

Locking his eyes on the Torken a few yards in front of him, William slowly pulled his knife out. The creature seemed to be healthy as it was not limping, though it did have a few scars on it. That was only natural though due to when mating may go on. Stalking forward, William smiled briefly before praying to the gods. "May this Torken's spirit go to a better place as its flesh and bones will be used for a higher purpose." After finishing the prayer, the man pounced, his knife catching the Torken between its shoulder blades. Now it only needed to run off the excess energy and collapse from exhaustion.

(10/15)
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Middy » 06/20/2013 11:32 PM

Cedric had begun his search for William, he needed to find the man now that he had the flower in his possession. Knowing that he was a bit further off than he first thought, he knew the only thing to do now was fly. Grudgingly, he transformed into his Paragon form. The wound was now stitched neatly on the base of his wing. He gently stretched out the appendage, wincing just slightly as he did so. Cedric was thankful that his wound wasn't oozing anymore, having his toxic blood drip in the rainforest could spell disaster.

Cedric backed up a few feet, then ran forward with wings outstretched. With one mighty leap and the flap of his wings he was back in the air. He was relived he could make himself airborne once more, but the risk of crashing from the wound was still imminent. Thankfully he spotted William down below, making sure to land a few feet away from the man.

"I'm back, and with a healing salve from a flower," he folded up his wings again. Hopefully William didn't mind the sudden change of appearance.

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostyRae » 06/20/2013 11:38 PM

Hearing the slight crush of feet landing, William snapped his head around with hostility in his eyes, not recognizing the beast until it spoke. "Good, come closer than and I will help apply it. However, I would recommend changing back to the previous form that I met you in. If you had not spoken, I would have tried to kill you..."

Meanwhile in front of William, the Torken's tough skin had already been pierced and slowly peeled back.

(11/15)
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Middy » 06/20/2013 11:49 PM

The doctor chuckled, glad he missed William coming at him with that knife. He didn't need any more injuries than he already sustained. Cedric wrapped his feathered bat-wings around himself, transforming back into his human state. He held out the flower, pointing out the bright red sap that leaked from the center. "Here, it's the sap," he said handing the flower over to Will. Although he didn't want to shed his clothing again, he had to for the sake of making sure the wound didn't get any worse. Quickly he took off his doctor's coat and dress shirt, just hoping this could be taken care of soon so he could be dressed for the rest of the day.

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: A Little Exploration [Open: Scav Hunt]

Postby FrostyRae » 06/21/2013 2:23 AM

Taking the flower from Cedric, William dipped a finger into the sap and motioned for him to turn around. "This sap should help it heal quite nicely..." Although the pads of his fingers were rough, the way he rubbed the salve in was rather gentle. After applying it thoroughly, the man wiped his fingers against his pouch. "Finished." Turning his gaze back to the dead Torken, William approached the carcass, ready to finish what he had started on the creature.

(12/15)
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Middy » 06/21/2013 3:44 PM

The sap was warm to the touch on his wounded flesh, it felt nice... soothing even. He was lucky that he was able to find such a flower out here in the rainforest. "Thank you, this should keep the wound protected," Cedric quickly gathered his clothes once the salve was applied, getting dressed again as fast as possible. Finally, he could feel the wound closing up rapidly as soon as the sap had a chance to soak into his flesh. He then turned his attention to the dead Torken, this must have been the meat he had mentioned earlier. Cedric had masterful experience in butchery, but decided to watch how William did it instead.

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostyRae » 06/23/2013 8:38 PM

Indeed and I am glad that I could help. Once the hide was peeled away from the muscle and fat, William looked the carcass over as if trying to figure out how he wanted to cut the rest of it. After a point, he seemed to be indecisive on how he wanted the meat. Looking back towards Cedric, there seemed to be an inviting expression. "At the moment, I am not sure how I would like to do the cuts. Would you like to assist me?

(13/15)
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Middy » 06/23/2013 9:33 PM

Cedric was pleased that William had asked him for his honest opinion and help when it came to butchering the carcass. He had his experience from being a surgeon for over 100 years, and some other side work he did for whenever he caught a serial killer. "Hmmm... I see some prime cuts in there, yes of course I would love to help," he studied the carcass further, eyeballing the best cuts he could see at quick glance. "See this cut here?" he pointed out one of the flanks, and then to the hindquarters, "These are some of the best I can see from first glance, the belly area here I know is a tender cut," he smiled back at William, "Did you have an extra knife with you?"

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostyRae » 06/23/2013 10:25 PM

Giving a quick nod, William pulled out another knife and handed it to Cedric without even glancing to him. "Yes. I think I see what you mean. May I ask where you learned of these cuts?" Unless Mr. Giles was a butcher or surgeon of some type, it was rather odd of most people to know the cuts...unless of course they hunted for a living and to survive.

(14/15)
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Middy » 06/23/2013 10:31 PM

"Oh, I am a very skilled surgeon, and sometimes medical doctor. I guess you could say I learned how to be a butcher through the job as well," he smiled and began to separate some of the meat from the bone, cutting through tendons and making sure none of the meat was damaged in the process, "As for learning these cuts, I used to study which prime cuts were which. I do like to eat fine, so I need to know what are good cuts, which ones are tough and need to cook all day, or which ones are tender and ready to eat with minimal cooking," he felt like he was rambling on, but he did enjoy sharing what knowledge he had. If he ever got started on the medical field, he knew he would never shut up.

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostyRae » 06/23/2013 10:40 PM

"Very interesting. And very good to know. It makes you feel more...impressive, I suppose." It was good that William had someone to assist him as sometimes he would forget the particular cuts for tender and tougher meat. When Cedric mentioned that he was a surgeon and medical doctor, the warrior had to feel thankful because it meant that he could receive help if necessary while they were still in each other's company.

(15/15)
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Previous