A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

A Little Exploration [Open: Scav Hunt]

Postby FrostyRae » 06/20/2013 3:15 AM

(( OOC: This is partly a roleplay to develop this character and partly for the scavenger hunt. Any help is appreciated and I don't have a name for him just yet. Hopefully his name will be revealed soon. XD ))

It had been a long time since the warrior had ventured from the depths of the forest. But news of the Purine festival had even reached his ears and now he was hunting in preparation for the trip. These Purines intrigued him as they had the air of those that wanted to protect the natural environment. Considering where he was, it would only make sense to think about joining their work force as long as it suited his needs. Yes, the Tengel Rainforest was dangerous and one could get lost easily within its depths, but to the warrior, it was home and it was beautiful. He could only hope that he would not be disturbed during his preparations...

(1/15)
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Re: A Little Exploration [Open]

Postby Middy » 06/20/2013 3:47 PM

It was odd for someone like Cedric to be wandering around in a rainforest of all places, heck he wasn't sure why he decided to land here. All he knew was that his wings ached from a previous injury he had received while he was hunting a Demon. It had dealt a nasty wound on his wing, but it met its fate as soon as his acidic maw closed around its neck. Cedric picked up his wing, watching it droop and ooze a sticky green liquid. Damn, he forgot his blood was toxic.

It wasn't until he noticed someone else was in the forest with him, a human from what he could see. Quickly he assumed human form, a tall pale man with black hair slicked back with a few bangs sticking forward, and a clean white lab-coat complete with a green tie and beige slacks. Really, he must have looked totally out of place in the rainforest. He winced as the pain that would have been in his wing was now in his back, quickly he called out to the other, "Hey! Can I get some help over here?"

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby FrostyRae » 06/20/2013 4:32 PM

Hearing another voice, the man flinched and let out a low sigh, though it could have been mistaken for a growl with the rumbles that accompanied the action. Making his way through the brush, the warrior came to a man that he could only assume might do experiments among other things.

"What is it you need help with, wanderer?" His voice sounded a little gruff, but that was due to not talking to many people in his life. It was after he questioned the stranger that he noticed the flinching. "...Are you injured?"

(2/15)
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Middy » 06/20/2013 4:39 PM

Cedric looked at the man with a soft but pained laugh, "Yeah... I ran into some trouble while I was in the Slums. I think I have an injury on my back," sure he may have been an immortal being, but that didn't mean he was immune to injury, and especially pain. The large wound on his back hurt like heck, and he knew he would need help taking off his coat and shirt.

"I am a doctor, but I still require some assistance. I can't very well take off my coat and shirt on my own, but all I know is I need to get this tended to before it becomes infected," Cedric winced in pain, feeling another trickle of blood run down his back. "I... ah... hope you don't mind assisting me a little," the doctor made a quick glance around the rainforest, what a great place to be wounded this bad...

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostyRae » 06/20/2013 5:10 PM

He seemed to be still for a moment before deciding that he would be willing to assist the man. "It seems you are in worse shape than you look from the way you keep wincing." Pulling a bone needle out of his pouch, he placed it in his hair before slowly peeling the doctor's lab coat off. The blood had only started to seep through the shirt, luckily after the coat was already pulled off. "Peeling off your shirt may sting a little more. I will count to three so as to let you brace yourself. One....two....three."

(3/15)
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Middy » 06/20/2013 5:19 PM

"OW!" Cedric yelped as he felt the shirt peel off his back, taking some of the scabbed over wound with it. He winced again, feeling the blood ooze out of the wound again. It was times like this where he was thankful that his blood wasn't toxic and acidic in his human form. This man seemed to know what to do in a situation like this, so he put his faith in him. He tried to take his mind of the stinging pain by looking around the rainforest, taking in the lush scenery and the exotic smells.

If this was any other wound, he would have healed up fast, but this was done by a Demon. They had a tendency for leaving their victims with pain even when they were killed. "What are you doing with that needle? Stitches?" he thought he should ask to keep his mind off the grievous wound. If he could stitch him up, then at least it would promote his natural fast healing. Still hurt like heck.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostyRae » 06/20/2013 5:48 PM

Remembering he had some thread, the man took that out of the pouch as well, although it looked more like the substance of a spider web. "Do you have an....antibiotic or something I could wipe the wound with on you? I have run out of my usual remedy." While waiting for an answer, he pulled the needle out of his hair and carefully put the thread through the hole. It would take a little longer to mend, but it would be healthier than letting the blood-sucking insects drinking and possibly making things worse.

"...What is your name, stranger?"

(4/15)
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Middy » 06/20/2013 6:01 PM

He gave a sheepish grin when the man mentioned an antibiotic, one of the most important things in a doctor's arsenal and he didn't bring it with him. His weaponry, doctor-like in nature only contained things that were harmful to another person. Right now, he was kicking himself. "Sadly... no, but I have some knowledge in plant-life as well. Many things in nature can be used as a natural antibiotic," he wasn't lying about having knowledge about plants. The problem now was finding the plants in question. "My name is Cedric. Cedric Giles."

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostyRae » 06/20/2013 6:57 PM

"...William. And yes, I know of some of these plants that you speak of. Now, would you rather I close up this up now or shall we find those plants first?"The man didn't really seem concerned about the injury. In fact, his mind seemed to be elsewhere for the moment. Perhaps after all of this was done, he could ask this Cedric Giles to help prepare for the trip to the festival.

(5/15)
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Middy » 06/20/2013 7:04 PM

"I think we should get this closed up now. An open wound is worse than a closed wound without immediate medicine," he sighed and looked up towards the sky, squinting his eyes at the heavy tree cover of the rainforest. Anything to take his mind off the stinging pain in his back, he was glad he gave that Demon the death it deserved for hurting him. "So, why are you out in the rainforest all alone? You must have a reason yourself."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostyRae » 06/20/2013 7:31 PM

"I live here, Giles. Now, it might be wise to find something to bite if it gets too painful." Slowly but carefully, William inserted the needle through Cedric's skin and pulled it back up through the other side of the injury. It took some time to make sure the thread was tight, but not enough to cause cuts into the skin. However, once the mending was done, the wound seemed like it would hardly be a hindrance to whatever Cedric might do. "All finished..."

(6/15)
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Middy » 06/20/2013 7:36 PM

"Ah, live here? Interesting," Cedric screwed his eyes shut, trying to focus on something else while the needle pierced through his flesh. This would at least get the wound closed, then his natural healing would take care of the rest. His thoughts drifted to his late wife, and that seemed to melt the pain away. A small smile creased his lips but faded when he heard that the job was finished. "Thank you for that, I'm very glad you were able to help," Cedric rolled his shoulder, feeling the skin start to thread back together. He quickly grabbed his shirt and put it back on, if anything to hide his freakish self-healing from the other. "Is there anything you needed help with William?"

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostyRae » 06/20/2013 8:20 PM

"Actually, I do need to prepare more food and medicine for my trip to the festival of the Purines. I am do not take trips out of this forest often, but when I do, I make sure I am prepared in whatever ways I feel is necessary. Clothing is not a worry, but I must at least have some sustenance on the way to there." William seemed proud of the job he had done on the shoulder. Pulling out a small fruit from his pouch, he offered it to Cedric. "I do not know how long you have been traveling, so take this fruit to eat."

(7/15)
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Middy » 06/20/2013 8:41 PM

Hmm... what William said did raise a few questions. Sure there was a festival for the Purines, but at the moment he was on the side of the Imperials. He was supposed to be infiltrating their festival, and due to his appearance; would be able to slip into their little party unnoticed. Cedric was also a good actor, and would be very convincing to others that he was indeed on the Purine side. "I wouldn't mind helping you out there, it's the least I could do."

This also did beg the question on which side William was on. Cedric took the fruit with a smile and bit into it. "Thanks, I was feeling a bit hungry there."

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostyRae » 06/20/2013 9:40 PM

"You're welcome. Now when you finish with that, look for a variety of berries. I will go get the remaining meat I need. I will meet you by this tree," he said, marking it with two slashes. If he could trust Cedric, then they could perhaps go to the festival together, if that was the way that the pale man was going too. Until then, William felt he needed to keep an eye on the man.

(8/15)
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Next