A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Working the Beat [P, quick training] [M]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/01/2013 7:35 PM

Another late night beat, another body.

Naasade found the terms of her contract with the Bureau to be tiresome. She didn’t care for the quarrels of humans. And she certainly didn’t care if they killed each other. But because of her deal with Tsume, she was forced to care.

Maybe not so much care as just investigate.

[1]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Working the Beat [P, quick training]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/01/2013 7:36 PM

The officers who surrounded the scene gave her a wide berth. She was used to that. Most of the humans, and even many of the supernaturals might be used to her, but they still didn’t quite trust a 400 plus pound armored cat. The flashing, glaring blue and red lights blinded her momentarily as she rounded a corner. The low growl she emitted at the annoyance offered her an even wider berth than before.

[2]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/01/2013 7:41 PM

Ever since she’d been roped into helping the Bureau, her nights had been rather busy. She’d found that most of the crime in the human world occurred at night. In the late, wee hours of early morning, before the sun had risen, or in the deep-set dark of midnight, when the night was just settling in. It kept her from being idle. Most of the cases she worked were routine.

[3]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/01/2013 7:45 PM

Even if a lot of the human and supernatural workers didn’t exactly like a large cat taking their place, she got results. And she got them quickly. Most people would spill their inner most secrets pretty quickly when faced with razor sharp teeth, armor, and four inch claws. Naasade found the work tiresome, but satisfactory. And she did get something in return.

[4]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/01/2013 7:57 PM

Asylum. Asylum for herself and for her mate, Charge. He was a Khimera who had seen much of battle. He’d been used and taken for granted, and she’d taken it upon herself to show him what it was like to live. Unfortunately, his past was still haunting them. There was no escaping the army. And she’d find that out the hard way tonight.

[5]

(Level up Naasade)

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/01/2013 8:00 PM

Speaking of Charge…Naasade swung her head just in time to see a shape appear from the gloom and flickering lights of the police cordon. The massive predator, covered in armor, moved silently, and easily through the crowds. He was quiet enough that not a single person seemed to notice him. Naasade always marveled at that.

[6, 1]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/01/2013 8:01 PM

He was a born and bred soldier. He’d killed in battle; not for survival, for food, but simply because he was ordered to. When she’d found him, he’d been nothing more than a mindless drone. It had taken years for him to gain some semblance of ‘humanity’ (and she used that term loosely, considering they were khimera). Now he was about as normal as he could be, although he did still have his oddities.

[7, 2]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/01/2013 10:14 PM

“Evening,” he purred a deep baritone rumble that was sounding more and more civilized as the days went by. It had taken the two of them ages to master the human language. They still had trouble every now and again, but now they were as close to competent as an animal could be. Despite the faint lingering of an accent, of course. As he reached her, Naasade touched her nose to his.
[8/3]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/01/2013 10:17 PM

“Good evening, Charge,” she purred in response. She was always delighted to see him, even if they were about to check over a dead body.  “You’re here right on time.” She turned then, the streetlight’s eerie glow catching the glint of her armor. Her mate followed, quiet as always. The two rounded a corner together.

[9/4]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Working the Beat [P, quick training] [M]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/01/2013 10:43 PM

“What exactly are we looking at?” Charge had sat down near the boxes and dumpsters with a bored look on his face. His bladed tail-tips twitched slightly as he observed the mangled body of what appeared to have once been an Imperial Fellox. It was difficult to tell red fur from red blood, and there were pieces scattered all over. Charge seemed disinterested. Naasade lifted her lips in a snarl.

[10/5]
(Level up, Charge x 1, Naasade x 2)

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate