A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Re: Change [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:33 PM

“Sora,” Haru whispered, lifting herself up on her futon and folding her legs. She pulled her zanpakutō from her obi sash, placing it over her knees and settling her palms lightly across the tsuba. She closed her eyes, slowing her breathing, focusing on the sword in her lap and trying to ignore the memories that kept coming back to her whenever she was alone.

“Hey, Haru! So, what’s the name of your sword, huh? Mine’s name is Kurohyou! Pretty cool huh?  Bet you’re jealous.” Sora swung his zanpakutō over his arm, resting it on his shoulder.

“I am not!” Haru protested, clutching her own sword close to her chest. “And for your information, my sword’s name is Omamori. It’s a much cooler name than yours!”

“Is not!”

“Is too!”

“Is not!”

“Is too!”

“Oh yeah? Well how about we spar. Winner has the coolest sword name.” Sora eyed Haru closely, and she shrank back from his scrutiny. “Unless you’re scared. Don’t think you can beat me, Shorty?”

“Stop calling me ‘Shorty’! And I can beat you anytime, anywhere, you big dummy!”

“Ooooh, you’re so insulting,” Sora scoffed, before he grabbed her by the hand and began dragging her down the halls. “Come on, Shorty. Let’s get this show on the road. I’m gonna beat ya, and show ya how much cooler my zanpakutō is than yours!”

Despite his harsh words, and the fact that he was dragging her down the hall, Haru couldn’t help but stare at her hand in his, and feel the warmth of the reiatsu that seemed to pour off of him whenever she was near. She blushed darkly, and followed along behind him, too embarrassed and giddy to worry about a snappy comeback.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:33 PM

“Omamori,” Haru murmured, opening her eyes and sighing quietly. “I just can’t forget about him, can I?” She ran a hand along the hilt of her sword, breathing deeply. In the silence of the room, she could hear the rustle of the leaves on the trees outside her door, the sound of every footstep that passed her hall, every word spoken in the rooms beside and beyond hers.

It was a good time for memories, she supposed.

Haru gritted her teeth, lunging at Sora, who dodged with the easy reflexes born of someone who knew what they were doing in a fight; of a practiced swordsman. He danced out of the way of her clumsy strike and Haru found herself face down in the dirt for nearly the fifth time.

She didn’t want to admit it, but she should’ve given up a long time ago. She could never beat Sora; he was bigger, stronger, smarter and just so much more…everything than she was. She was just a kid compared to him. Who was she to think she stood a chance against his skills with a blade? She closed her eyes against the bitter tears that stung them, and pushed herself up onto her feet.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:34 PM

By now, the sparring session had gathered a few spectators, each cheering or jeering in one or the other’s favor. Haru tried to ignore them, and focused on Sora, who was watching the crowd with growing discomfort.

Now was her chance, she decided, and charged forward towards him holding her sword at shoulder level for a plunging strike. Just as she reached him, Sora turned his head and grinned. Haru suddenly found her blade knocked away, wrenched out of her hands and sent flying across the training area. She blinked rapidly as she ended up sitting in the dirt, staring up at a smirking Sora as he rested his sword on his shoulder.

“I guess my sword is cooler than yours, huh, Shorty?”

Haru blinked slowly, and the sudden sound of the spectators who had been watching startled her. Sora turned his head to gaze at them as though they were nothing more than an annoyance; when their cheers turned to insults at Haru’s inability to fight, Sora’s eyes darkened.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:34 PM

“Hey, Haru! Better luck next time, runt!”

“Ha ha, she can’t even hold a sword properly!”

“Who was she kidding, taking on Sora?”

“What an idiot!”

“Clear off, you assholes!” Sora roared suddenly over the noise. “Get outta here before I beat you into the dust!” The premises vacated almost immediately; very few people wanted to deal with Sora when he was in a good mood, so taking him on in a bad mood was out of the question.

Sora glanced down at Haru, who was wiping her eyes as inconspicuously as she could. Sora wasn‘t fooled; he wasn‘t an idiot. He knew the insults their classmates had shouted at Haru had gotten to her; she was always overly sensitive about that stuff. Sora hated it when she cried. It always made his stomach feel all weird, and he usually ended up beating the pulp out of the person that caused Haru’s pain, even if she never knew it.

Inadvertently, he realized, that this time, he’d been the one to cause her pain.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:35 PM

“Hey,” he murmured, kneeling down beside her. “Sorry about that. Listen, you’re sword is much cooler than mine, okay?” He leaned in a little further when he saw more tears trail down Haru’s cheeks. Sora tentatively placed a hand on her shoulder, feeling his cheeks heat up from the contact; since when had everyday contact with Haru been so electrifying? Sora wondered what was wrong with him. “Come on, don’t cry, Haru. What they said doesn’t matter. You put up a good fight; you just gotta work on your swordsmanship, ‘kay?”

Haru sniffled, feeling like an idiot for crying in front of Sora. “’K-k-kay,” she whispered, swiping fruitlessly at her eyes, even as more tears immediately replaced the ones she wiped away. “T-thanks, S-Sora.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:36 PM

“Aw, no problem,” Sora replied softly, his eyes warming as he gazed down at the girl who could very well have been called his second shadow since he started the academy. Something about her had always drawn him in. She was cute, innocent, and just so darn adorable when she got mad. She’d been in the same age bracket as him, and in the same league, but her lack of self-confidence and her inability to believe in her own skills meant she was constantly falling behind. Sora had seen the way it took it’s toll on her since day one; it was one of the reasons he’d always stuck by her. He couldn’t let someone like her be crushed by the enormity of being a good Soul Reaper.

He had an overwhelming needed to protect her. It baffled him, and he couldn’t quite figure it out. All he knew was that lately, whenever he was with Haru, he felt so alive, so happy, as though a part of him had come home. He did everything he could to inconspicuously hold her hand, or brush against her arm, or initiate contact with her in some way. Sora didn’t want to lose what he’d found in her, even if he couldn’t quite understand it yet, so he did the only thing he could for her that he knew he was good at…

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:37 PM

He fought for her….and he fought with her.

“Come on,” he laughed, sheathing his zanpakutō and scooping her up into his arms. He laughed loudly to hide the large blush on his cheeks as she squeaked and immediately clung to his shihakushō, fingers digging into the pale fabric of his kosode. “Let’s go take you to the infirmary and get all those scratches looked at. You took quite a few spills today, didn’t you?”

“Y-yeah,” Haru replied weakly, a blush of her own staining her pale face that had little to do with her tears from earlier. “Thanks Sora. I…I really appreciate it.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:37 PM

“And when you get all patched up, I can teach you how to really use your sword. The way you stumble around with it, it’s a wonder you haven’t cut your arm off yet.” He bent down to let her retrieve her zanpakutō from where it had fallen and slide it back into it’s sheath.

“H-hey, wait a minute!” Haru protested. “You can’t compliment me and then insult me all at the same time! It’s not fair!”

“Oh, stuff it, Shorty,” Sora replied, scoffing at her failed attempts to glare daggers at him; Haru had never been good at being angry.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:39 PM

She was good at being annoyed, but he was pretty sure anger went beyond the reach of her emotional capacities. He caught a glimpse of her blush, and realized that she really was…much cuter than he thought. Even all banged up and scraped, she was still pretty under all that dirt. He absently brushed his fingers against the nape of her neck, catching a strand of dark blue hair in his hands.

Haru froze, and then quickly buried her face in his robes to hide the red that blossomed across her face like a rash. Sora laughed loudly, hearing her mumble faintly into his clothes; “Don’t call me ‘Shorty.’”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:39 PM

Haru sighed fondly at the memory.

She was certain it was when Sora had first become ‘aware’ of her. The secret affections she’d harbored for him since the first day of academy had never been well hidden, but Sora was a bit clueless when it came to the department of the opposite sex. It took a sparring match and a few simple words to get him to finally, really notice her. She was sure that, as a young girl, she’d been over the moon about knowing he (somewhat) returned her affections after she’d found out.

Haru sighed again, and looked back down at the sword resting across her lap. “Omamori, I miss him,” she whispered, closing her eyes again and focusing on the zanpakutō. She felt a whisper of energy, the barest, briefest brush of a familiar, welcome reiatsu against her own, before Omamori’s consciousness rushed into hers, filling her head with a comforting warmth.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:40 PM

Haru suddenly found herself in a field of rice, the distant sound of bells and chimes in the wind filling the air. Before her stood a massive equine-like creature. It’s mane and tail were composed of an ethereal, green light, flowing around it in the breeze. Along it’s body, ancient runes and symbols glowed in the same color. There was a pair of dangerous, curving horns along it’s head, just behind it’s ears, and from those horns, a pair of omamori amulets danced in the wind.

Haru’s zanpakutō spirit had surprised and frightened her at first; it was unlike anything she’d ever seen, with it’s glowing eyes and mane. She’d never asked Sora what his zanpakutō spirit was, or if it was normal to have a spirit that was so very out of this world and the next. She supposed it was normal for most Soul Reapers to have strange looking sprits manifest themselves when they spoke to one another; zanpakutō didn’t follow the rules of reality, after all.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:40 PM

I know you do, Lady Haru. You loved him. But in time, the pain will lessen. We must all move on, you know.

“I understand, Omamori. But it doesn’t mean I don’t still miss him…everyday.”

You are allowed to miss him, Lady Haru, the horse replied, arching it‘s neck and inclining it‘s head. Everyone is allowed to grieve. But you must understand that you can only grieve so long. You cannot lock your heart away to the world simply because of the loss of a loved one. Live in his honor, Lady Haru. That is the best thing you can do for him.

“I know, Omamori. I know. I wish I could make it all go away. The pain, the memories, his death. Everything. If I could forget, maybe I’d be better off.” Haru sighed softly, lowering her gaze. “But wishing doesn’t solve anything, does it?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:41 PM

She reached up and gently traced the edge of one of the amulets on the branches. The horse watched her with an empty, green gaze but Haru was no longer disturbed by her own zanpakutō spirit.

It doesn’t, Lady Haru. If it did, I would wish to take away your pain. Just please, please try to be happy. It will all be better you know…someday. A comforting breeze whispered through the fields, the sweet scent of wheat and the soft chime of bells accompanying it.

“Yes, it will, I think,” Haru replied wryly, feeling the breeze ruffle her hair. “Maybe not today, but someday soon.”

------------

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:42 PM

The loud knock on her door startled Haru out of a sleep she hadn’t realized she’d fallen into. No nightmares, no memories. Pure bliss, she thought tiredly, rubbing her eyes and setting Omamori to the side. It seemed she’d cuddled up to it in her sleep, and she was sure she had an imprint on the side of her face from the hilt’s design. Lovely, she thought irritably, eyebrow twitching. [i]Just what I need[/i].

The loud knock sounded again, and Haru quickly struggled to her feet, trying to shake the sleep out of her limbs and slide the screen open. As soon as she managed to pry the door open halfway, she really wished she hadn’t.

“Lieutenant Sarugaki!” Haru exclaimed, surprised to see the young girl back at her door after what felt like only an hour or so. She seriously hoped she hadn’t slept through anything important; as if she needed to give Hiyori another reason to dislike her, despite not knowing what the other reasons actually were.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:43 PM

“Hey! Come on!”

Without further ado, Haru was yanked unceremoniously from her room and dragged down the deck. This is getting old, she thought sourly, yanking her hand away from the lieutenant. Hiyori paused, stopping to turn and glare over her shoulder.

“Ya got a problem, Hokkaido?” she growled darkly, and Haru quickly straightened her obi and hakama before smiling serenely down at the girl. Hiyori frowned; was it her, or did it just get colder outside? And why was Hokkaido smilin’ all freaky like that? This girl really freaked her out. She just wished she‘d stop being so spineless and useless; she reminded her of that idiot lieutenant Aizen. “You’re freakin’ me out, Hokkaido,” she snapped, turning around to face the taller girl. “What is it you-”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext