A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Re: Change [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:43 PM

“Lieutenant Sarugaki. I would very much appreciate it if you didn’t drag me around by my robes whenever you want me to go somewhere with you. From now on, you will address me as 3rd Seat Hokkaido, or Haru. I don’t know what kind of manners you’ve been taught around here, but from what I can see, they are few and far between. I am growing quite tired of your petulant child act, and I am neither a meek little subordinate for you to push around, nor some sort of sack to be dragged about. I am a former lieutenant, and while I may hold the third seat in your squad, I am still quite a bit stronger than you. You’d do well to remember that, or I won‘t be responsible for my actions.” Haru smiled politely, bowing deeply before she stepped around Hiyori, and motioned for her to continue.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:44 PM

“Was that a threat, Hokkaido?” Hiyori snarled, though she felt a little tremor -was it fear?- run up her spine. At Haru’s continued smile, Hiyori found herself wondering if this woman was somehow related to captain Unohana; they both had that freaky, chilling smile, and Hiyori wasn’t certain if she wanted to push her luck where this weird girl was concerned.

“It was a promise, lieutenant. Now, you needed me for something, correct? I suggest you lead on. We don‘t want to be late, after all.” She motioned with one hand ahead of her, and Hiyori swallowed the smart retort on the tip of her tongue, stalking past Haru and down the deck. As much as she hated to admit it, Haru was right. She’d been a lieutenant a lot longer than her, and she was older too. Hiyori didn’t really care for most people, and Haru was no different, but she found herself feeling a small inkling of grudging respect for the girl. Haru had put up with Shinji for a few years, after all; she could probably take on just about anyone with that weird smile of hers.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:44 PM

“Come on,” Hiyori snapped, and Haru followed along sedately as the two rounded a corner and stepped into the squad’s official meeting room. It seemed as though the entirety of squad twelve had been gathered. Haru glanced over at Hiyori, who had folded her arms tightly across her chest and situated herself near the doors in the back.

“What are we-” Haru began quietly, when the doors slid open and in stepped Kisuke Urahaha.

Wearing a captain’s robe.

Well, that was new.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:45 PM

Haru blinked as Kisuke nervously fidgeted his way to the front of the room, stepping past her as if he hadn‘t noticed her (which he probably hadn‘t; the guy looked like he was about to keel over), rubbing the back of his head as he flashed his new squad a shaky smile. “Uh, hello there. I’m…Kisuke Urahaha. I’m going to be your new captain…Um…Heh…”

Leaning back against the wall as unobtrusively as possible, Haru sighed. She shook her head slowly. Kisuke really needed to grow a backbone.

“I will not accept this!”

Haru’s head jerked over towards Hiyori, who, it seemed, had slapped away Kisuke’s proffered handshake. Eh, that girl needs an attitude adjustment, Haru thought, faintly annoyed as Hiyori ranted about Kisuke’s dubious origins in squad two.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:45 PM

“How will it be possible for us to follow orders from some nobody like him?!” Hiyori suddenly demanded of the crowd, pointing an imperious finger at Kisuke. The squad began to mill about nervously, each glancing from one another as if looking for confirmation.

“Well I-”

“Maybe we-”

“What if-”

Haru opened her mouth to speak up when Hiyori suddenly grabbed the front of Kisuke’s robes and yanked him down to her level. Serious attitude adjustment, Haru thought angrily, folding her arms over her chest as Hiyori spouted off something about insulting squads and cowards.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:46 PM

Haru was too far away to hear Kisuke’s soft reply, but whatever he’d said must’ve impressed the rest of the squad, who shifted and murmured their agreement, heads nodding all around. Haru chuckled softly to herself, deciding that she didn’t need to be bothered by this sideshow anymore; she’d greet Kisuke on her own when he wasn’t so overwhelmed. Besides, Hiyori was turning the meeting into a serious cry for an anger management course, and Haru had already lost her patience once that night. She didn’t want to lose it twice.

As she stepped out of the sliding door behind her, she heard the door on the opposite side of the room slide open and slam angrily. Curious, Haru trotted around the corner, only to find Hiyori curled up, clutching her leg and grumbling about ‘weird crotch cups of death.’ “You okay, Lieutenant?” she asked quietly, keeping her voice down so no one in the room would hear.

Hiyori snapped into a standing position so fast, Haru’s head spun a little. “I’m fine!” she shouted angrily, before she took off down the deck. Haru scratched her head, looking faintly confused.

What had gotten into her?

------------

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:47 PM

“I never even got a scratch from something like that!”

“Eh?” Haru glanced up from her small desk, putting down her pen as the sound of voices outside her door grew louder and more grating. It sounded a lot like Hiyori (Although sound could be deceiving; Hiyori could be anywhere with that loud mouth of hers. No telling if she was really outside her door or not) and Kisuke. What were they fighting about now? “That girl is amazingly confrontational,” she whispered thoughtfully, before hauling herself to her feet and heading for the screen.

She glanced once at the pile of paperwork she’d been forced into upon finding out that Hiyori had been off sulking for the past day. Why couldn’t anyone just do their work on time? She was really starting to hate the sight of paper in general.

“Let’s take care of that-OW!”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:47 PM

The sound of thudding feet and someone groaning quietly to themselves reached Haru’s ears just as her hand reached for the door. She slid the screen open, and blinked down at the top of Kisuke Urahara’s head. He was holding his face, and grumbling under his breath. “That hurt….”

“Captain?”

Kisuke jerked his head up at the familiar voice, looking surprised to see Haru hovering over him. “Captain, are you all right? Lieutenant Sarugaki did this, didn’t she? That girl has some serious anger issues.” Kisuke seemed speechless as Haru knelt down beside him, lifting his chin up with delicate fingers to inspect the bloody nose the lieutenant had left him with. She tsked, and then pointedly glanced down at the first aid kit lying beside him.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:48 PM

“What, captain, did you anticipate this happening? You really should be more careful around the lieutenant. It doesn’t take much to set her off,” she chided, missing the faint blush that bloomed along Kisuke’s cheeks as she bent down to retrieve the box. “Come inside.” She gently grabbed his hand and tugged him back into her room. Kisuke’s blush intensified.

“Haru, what are you doing here? I had no idea you transferred to the twelfth,” Kisuke mumbled around his bloody nose, trying to ignore how soft her fingertips had been against his skin.

No, bad Kisuke. Don’t even think about that. Just forget about it. Focus on the pain. Ow, damn my nose hurts…Still…she’s being awfully nice. I wonder if she’s feeling better about Sora…I better not bring it up, or whatever good mood she’s in might vanish.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:48 PM

“Oh, yeah. Well, it was the only division that had a seat vacant so…ta-da,” Haru replied absently, rooting around in the first aid kit. She pulled out a roll of bandages, looking at them curiously “I’d try to heal your face, but…well, I‘m terrible with kidō.” Her laugh was light, but it was hiding a deeper pain, and Kisuke knew what was on her mind; Sora.

“So, um…Well, how’ve you been, hm?” Kisuke asked carefully, watching Haru try to figure out how to use the roll of bandages.

“You can ask me about him now, Kisuke.”

“E-eh?” Kisuke managed, looking taken aback. “What do you-”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:49 PM

“You know what I’m talking about.” Haru sighed, scooting forward on her knees and reaching up to gently touch his nose. Kisuke winced, the blush returning as she brought her face only a few inches away from his to inspect his wound. She was so close, he was sure it wouldn’t take much to lean forward and close the distance between them. He could smell the faint trace of something earthy and feminine and wholly ‘Haru’ when she leaned closer to him.

He couldn’t deny he’d always found Haru attractive. He had since the moment he first laid eyes on her back at the academy. But as he’d watched her from the sidelines, from the shadows and he’d seen how beautiful her personality was as well. Her spirit was kind, selfless, giving. He’d never quite met anyone like that before, and it was a refreshing and enticing breath of fresh air. But Sora…Sora had been so sure he wouldn’t have a chance. And with the revelation of Sora’s feelings upon his death…he wasn’t sure how Haru would feel about him.

Or if she’d ever love anyone that way again.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:49 PM

Maybe he really didn’t stand a chance. Maybe Sora had been right. Haru seemed to love him so deeply, it even hurt Kisuke to see them parted. But…Maybe there was a chance? Despite the pain in her eyes, he wondered if he could ever brighten them with laughter and love again.

Love for him.

Kisuke couldn’t help but keep that thought in mind even as Haru leaned in closer to inspect his nose. “Doesn’t look broken,” he heard her mutter, watching as she bit her lip thoughtfully. “You’re lucky. I hear she has a mean left hook.” Kisuke leaned back, smiling nervously as he tried to put space between Haru and himself. It was too soon to think about Haru as anything more than simply ‘Haru.’ She needed time to heal.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:51 PM

“Yeah, she certainly does,” he stated as lightly as he could, letting her prod again at his nose and pull out a small cloth from the first aid kit. She dabbed lightly at the blood, and Kisuke winced despite himself; Hiyori really did hit hard, didn’t she? “S-so…Um…”

“I miss him.”

Kisuke’s startled grey eyes fly to Haru’s face, but she kept her gaze focused determinedly on his nose, wiping away the blood with a look of concentration so intense, Kisuke knew it was false right away.

“I miss his smile, I miss his frown. I miss the way we used to do everything together. I even miss his teasing. Everything feels empty. Like I’m missing something, like nothing is the way it should be anymore. Every time I trip or do something stupid, I expect to hear him behind me, laughing at me for being an idiot. Whenever I knock Shinji into a wall, I expect to hear his ‘Good one, Haru!’ just one more time. Whenever I complain about the paperwork, I expect to be grabbed by the hand and taken out for a dinner so full of laughter that it helps me forget my troubles.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:52 PM

Kisuke lowered his gaze, hands gripping his hakama tightly. He wasn’t sure how to feel about this; maybe letting her open up to him was a bad idea. There were things and feelings and deeply hidden emotions he was hoping he could suppress. Maintaining a distance from her would be harder if she opened up.

Kisuke had been a few years ahead of Sora and Haru in the academy, but everyone, including him, knew about the two. He was well aware of how inseparable they were, and he was also well aware that Sora had turned down the fifth squad lieutenant position so that Haru could have it. It was a friendship and love that had startled him with it’s magnitude; he knew they were close, but he’d never known just how close until that night.

He’d seen love in their eyes when they looked at each other. So much so, that it was almost palpable. He’d seen something that was overwhelming and frightening all at the same time. It was something he’d never felt, something he’d never had, and he envied them for it.

As stupid and as bad as it made Kisuke feel…he really envied them.

It was an idiotic idea, he decided, to envy something you could never have. But he’d always hoped that maybe, some day, he’d find something as all encompassing as they had or find someone he cared about deeply enough to die for.

Sometimes he wished he’d found that in Haru.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:53 PM

Maybe he had…

Nope, no, no, no. Bad Kisuke, bad. Remember what I said before? She needs time. She needs to heal. Haru can’t just get over Sora like that; no way in a million years. You can’t just bounce back from something so horrible…I wish I could help her, but I don’t know what to say, or do. Sora didn’t even like me all that much but…But I promised Sora I’d look after her. How do I do that and maintain my distance at the same time? I don’t want to hurt her, but I don’t want her to suffer alone…

“Haru…” Kisuke mumbled, and despite his brain’s protests, his mouth ran away with him, saying something he’d never dared to let himself say before then. “I’m here, if-if you ever need anything. I’m your captain now; if you have any problems, come to me, and we’ll talk them out. I-I….I just want you to be happy again.” Kisuke felt his face heat up, and he looked away quickly when Haru’s startled gaze lifted to his.

Haru stared at Kisuke for a long moment, eyes wide, before a small, secretive smile spread across her lips. She felt a blush of her own heat up her cheeks as she leaned forward and dabbed away the last of the blood from around his nose. “All right, captain,” she murmured quietly, not daring to meet his eyes. “I think I’d like that.”

“When we’re alone, you can just call me ‘Kisuke,’ ya know, Haru,” he replied, his voice just as soft as he closed his eyes and finally allowed himself to enjoy the gentle touch of her hands against his face. He cracked open an eye when Haru chuckled.

“Sounds like a plan then…Kisuke.”

------------

(Next part)

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous