A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Change [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:23 PM

Haru Hokkaido, Sulkuhna

“Eh, I don’t like her.”

Kirio Hikifune turned to her lieutenant as she watched the newest transfer stroll down the deck. “Hiyori,” Kirio murmured softly. “You must never judge a book by it’s cover. Give the girl a chance.”

“But captain, she’s from Bald- I mean, she’s from captain Hirako’s division. She was his lieutenant fer cryin’ out loud. There’s gotta be something wrong with her if she got sent over here to be our 3rd seat.” Hiyori folded her arms stubbornly. “I don’t like it. How come fifth division can dump off all it’s problems on us?”

“Lieutenant,” Kirio said sharply, and Hiyori’s head jerked up to stare at her captain with wide eyes. “That’s enough.” As Hiyori’s face quickly morphed into a scowl, Kirio’s voice softened. “At least try to get along with her, for my sake.”

“I’ll try, captain,” Hiyori agreed grudgingly.

------

(Here there be Bleach characters. this is a story I wrote like...way back, a loooooong time ago, and never got around to doing much with. But I'm adding onto it as I go. italics are flashbacks)

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Change [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:24 PM

“That’s my girl,” Kirio quipped as Haru neared them. The captain’s smile widened, and she opened her arms in welcome. “Good afternoon, Haru Hokkaido. And welcome to squad twelve. I must say, I was a bit surprised to find that a lieutenant from Fifth squad asked to be transferred to my division. But nonetheless, we are pleased to have you among us.”

Haru bowed deeply, a small smile on her face; she already had a feeling she’d like her new captain, even if she wasn’t a lieutenant in this division. She definitely wouldn’t miss all the paperwork that came with the lieutenant title, but she would miss Shinji. Always having him around to constantly bother her, while annoying, had become a part of her everyday routine, and she had to admit she kind of enjoyed his company.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:25 PM

“Thank you, Captain Hikifune. It’s an honor to be welcomed here. It’ll be a big change, but I’m thankful you allowed me into your squad.”

“Not a problem at all, dear,” Kirio replied, eyes crinkling with her smile. “This is my lieutenant, Hiyori Saurgaki; I believe you two already know one another.”

“In passing,” Haru agreed, smiling warmly at the small girl. She was a bit put-off when she received nothing but a flat stare in return. “Eh, uh, yeah…” she deadpanned, a little disturbed as the flat stare morphed into a glower.

“Hiyori,” the captain said sweetly, turning to her sour lieutenant. “Please show Haru to her new quarters. And Haru-” She waited until the young woman had turned her gaze back to her before continuing. “-once again, welcome.” With a flash of white robes, the captain turned and strode off, presumably to bury herself in her office and start on the piles of paperwork Haru assumed she had. Or maybe that was just Shinji. He was too lazy to ever get anything done on time.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:26 PM

“Hey, you, let’s go.”

Haru blinked, and turned a startled look to a very foul faced lieutenant. “Uh, sorry…Hiyori, was it?”

“That’s ‘lieutenant’ to you, 3rd seat.”

Haru blinked again. Well now. That was quite abrupt. She’d heard about Hiyori’s legendary temper, and she’d seen the damage she was able to do to captain Hirako (although never in Haru’s presence; Haru got the idea that Hiyori might be a bit intimidated by her) but Haru herself hadn’t done anything to invoke her wrath. So why was she being so sour?

Folding her hands in front of her, Haru followed Hiyori down the deck, watching the blonde girl’s pigtails bounce as she walked. “So, lieutenant, how is-”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:26 PM

“Look, lady.” Hiyori spun on her heel, and Haru was a little surprised to have a finger pointed in her direction. “I don’t know what kind of trouble you got into in the fifth division to get transferred here, but whatever it is, don’t bring it around me or my captain. We don’t need that bullshit around here; we’ve got enough to deal with already. You should just pack up your crap and go back to Baldy. If he’s stupid enough to think you’re lieutenant material, then he’ll be stupid enough to take you back.” With that, Hiyori spun around and walked off in a huff, leaving Haru standing in the middle of the deck with a rather stunned expression on her face.

“Geeze,” she muttered under her breath once the blonde was gone. “She could’ve at least shown me where my room was.”

-------------

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:27 PM

“Hey, Haru! How are things treating you over at twelfth?”

Haru turned to glance over her shoulder, waiting patiently as the new lieutenant from squad five jogged over to her. His kind smile and soft brown eyes reminded Haru of Captain Hikifune; she always seemed to have a smile on her face just like his.

“Hey there, Lieutenant Aizen,” Haru greeted, a warm smile lighting up her own face. “Things are going all right. I’ve been settling in pretty well. It’s kind of nice not to have to deal with those huge piles of paperwork. I think the real question here-” she prodded him gently in the shoulder, and he gave her an odd look, chuckling slightly. “-is how are things treating you as the new lieutenant of squad five? Has Shinji gotten on your nerves yet?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

“No, captain Hirako and I get along fairly well.”

“Fairly?”

“Well, he hasn’t tried to grope me, at least.”

“Thank heaven for small mercies, right?” Haru laughed. She hadn’t known much about Aizen when she was lieutenant; he was young, kept to himself, and he seemed more like the bookish type than a fighter. Haru had been too busy trying to keep Captain Hirako in line that she hadn’t had much time to socialize outside or even inside the squad. The only person she ever spent more time with than Shinji was…

Sora.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Haru quickly squashed down the thought, forcing a watery smile onto her face. Aizen, it seemed, had sharper eyes than she gave him credit for, however, and he caught the swift change in expressions. “Haru, are you all right?” he asked quietly as they strolled along the street.

“Eh, fine, fine. Just a little homesickness, I guess you could call it. I do miss the fifth but…”

“I heard about what happened that night.”

Haru stopped walking, her gaze fixed on Aizen as he took a few extra steps, then turned curiously, a frown on his face. “Sorry, Haru. I didn’t mean…Well, if it’s hard for you to talk about, then I-”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:28 PM

“No, no,” Haru murmured, waving her hand as she took the extra steps to catch up with him. “It’s fine. If we could just drop the subject, then there’s no hard feelings.”

Aizen smiled kindly. “Consider it done then, Haru. Listen, how about-”

He was cut off by the sound of a loud voice shouting over the din of quietly chatting soul reapers. “Haaaarrrruuuuu!” Haru looked confused for a moment, before she suddenly found herself being hugged from behind, a very sneakily conspicuous hand reaching up to squeeze a boob.

“EEEEKKK!” she shrieked, and instantly elbowed the offender in the face. Aizen blinked, glasses nearly falling off his nose as he watched Shinji go sailing off into one of the walls.

“C-Captain Hirako!” Haru shouted.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:28 PM

Aizen sighed; he remembered these strange happenings from his days as a ranking seat in the fifth squad. Shinji’s perverted antics were legendary, and Haru’s reactions were always interesting whenever he tried to cop a feel.

“Captain Hirako!” Haru shouted again, dashing over to the wall and dragging Shinji into a sitting position. Aizen swore he heard the captain mutter something along the lines of ‘totally worth it,’ before Haru smacked him upside the head.

“What did I tell you about groping?” she scolded, shaking him so hard his head rattled. “[i]Especially [/i]me? Darn it, Captain, you just never-” Haru shrieked again when Shinji reached down and patted her bottom; he was at ideal patting distance, so he figured he might as well take advantage of it.

The punch in the face this time sent him spinning over the wall.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:29 PM

Haru huffed, and stomped back over to Aizen. “Thank goodness you’re not a girl,” she commented offhandedly, wiping her hands together and staring at the dent Shinji had created in the wall from the first hit. “Or you’d be dealing with that.”

“Aw, Haru. I was just gonna ask how you were doing in Twelfth. I see your right hook is still as sharp as ever.” Shinji rubbed his cheek as he hopped back over the wall, looking a little worse for wear. “So how is that little midget devil and captain Hikifune?”

“I HEARD THAT, BALDY!”

Haru and Aizen both blinked as Shinji suddenly disappeared from their line of sight as Hiyori plummeted down from the sky and pummeled him back over the wall with a sharp kick to the head.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:30 PM

“Eh, uh…Lieutenant…?” Haru began, but immediately stiffened when Hiyori turned her glowering gaze on her. “Um, uh, never mind?”

“You’re comin’ with me, idiot. The captain has some news she wants to share with us.” Hiyori grabbed Haru by the front of her robes, and began dragging her down the street.

“Uh, wait, lieu-lieutenant!” Haru protested, trying to pry the girl’s iron grip from the front of her kosode. “I can walk by myself, I don’t need-” She gave up trying to pry the stubborn fingers from her robes, and awkwardly turned to wave over her shoulder. “Ah, see ya later, Lieutenant Aizen. Look after Captain Hirako; he certainly needs it.”

Aizen waved back, a small smile on his face as the demonic lieutenant dragged Haru away from him. “Don’t worry Haru. I’ll take good care of him.”

--------------

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:30 PM

“Lieutenant Sarugaki, you dragged me all the way here for no reason…” Haru deadpanned, staring at the retreating back of her squad lieutenant.

“Yeah, yeah, just shut up and stay here. I’m ‘sposed to go to a meeting or something so they can tell me what the big fuss is all about. Captain Hikifune said she’d meet me there. Guess you’re not important enough to hear the news in person huh?” The smirk she threw Haru’s way was annoying, but Haru had suffered Shinji as a captain for over three years; nothing really bothered her anymore.

Except the groping.

Groping bothered her.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:31 PM

“Whatever you say, lieutenant,” she replied calmly, a warm smile lighting up her face. “You should be on your way soon. You don’t want to be late for the meeting.” She bowed deeply, ignoring the seething look on Hiyori’s face as she turned and strolled down the deck of the twelfth squad barracks.

Sometimes kindness was the best answer to anger. And it seemed, in this case, that it was also the best way to get under Hiyori’s skin.

Haru smirked to herself as she ambled off, wondering how long she’d have to wait before she got ‘the news,’ and why Hiyori couldn’t have just left her alone until it was time to find out. She certainly hoped it wasn’t anything bad. Good news was always welcome. But in the meantime, a bit of solitary confinement sounded like a good idea right about now.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 3:31 PM

Folding her hands inside her sleeves, Haru set a path for her room (she was lucky she’d been shown around by the squad’s 7th seat, or she probably would’ve been stuck wandering around for a few weeks before someone took pity on her and gave her directions). When she reached it, she opened the screen and slipped inside, flopping down on her futon in the middle of the room.

It wasn’t as spacious as her former lieutenant’s quarters, but Haru didn’t mind much. She tried to spend as little time in her room as possible anyway; things got a little depressing when she was alone.

Her thoughts always turned to Sora.

Despite leaving fifth squad and as many of her old memories behind as she possibly could, Haru could never forget Sora. She’d spent the last few months since his death trying to figure out a way to forget it.

But…how could you forget someone you cared so deeply about?

You just couldn’t.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next