A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

[Self] Remember Me Fondly

Postby SpringsSong » 04/30/2014 12:28 PM

Invier, 6e3b2e

It had been oh, so terribly long...

The Corpse Kuhna padded out into the dense rainforest.  It had, truly, been so terribly long since he had left his little cave.  He didn't even know where to begin; everything felt different, but it all looked the same. He held this notion until he got a good look at himself in the pool of water he had made his way to for a drink.

No longer did he bear the appearance of an Undead Kuhna, as he once had.  No, now he was a Corpse Kuhna, but even then, his appearance was different.  Bones from one of his tails were exposed, and staples were holding bits of his flesh together.  The only place where there were no staples holding loose flesh together was at his head; that was, for whatever reason, sewn on.

"...what has happened to me...?" he asked out loud, and then, he saw another reflection appear in the pool before him.  It was... no, it couldn't be...

Arlür, cfa972

"...Arlür..." he said, looking up to see the Wynd Kuhna.  She still looked about the same as she had before; and that was... well, positively gorgeous.  The Wynd was staring right at him, and after a few moments, she dashed over to him, swimming through the pool when it became too deep to simply dash through.

"Invier!  Is that truly you?"
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Re: [Self] Remember Me Fondly

Postby SpringsSong » 04/30/2014 2:43 PM

Invier could hardly believe Arlür's reaction to his new appearance.  He had been almost certain that she would run away from him, cowering in fear and screaming for him to leave her alone.  But a small voice within Invier's head told him that Arlür would never do that; she was far too sweet to do something like that, and the fact that she was now nuzzling into his chest was even more affirmation to that end.

"Invier... I-I thought that you were gone!  I couldn't find you, no matter where I looked... there were some who said that you died..." Arlür said, burying her face into his chest as he hesitantly placed a paw around her.  After a moment, she backed away from him and offered a wry smile.  "Well, I guess it would be more accurate to say that you 'died' again... Undead and Corpse Kuhnas are so confusing to me, with the fact that you are born deceased..."

"So... my absence did not go unnoticed..." Invier said, his voice ponderous.  "What of Mother and Father?  How did they take my disappearance?" he asked, and Arlür had to pull away for a moment, frowning as she shook her head.

"How would you expect them to take it?" she asked.  "They were heartbroken.  They searched for you for weeks on end--I'm certain that they even stumbled across this place, but they must have passed it over, thinking that nothing had lived here for ages."

"That... may be," Invier said, nuzzling Arlür as he wrapped his paws around her even tighter.  "Just... just promise me... that this isn't a dream..."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: [Self] Remember Me Fondly

Postby SpringsSong » 02/23/2015 3:21 PM

"It's not a dream, Invier; I promise you that," Arlür said, bumping her head against his gently.  "Your mother and father haven't stopped searching.  They knew, somehow, that you'd be alive, even after all this time."

"They were always like that," Invier said.  "After all, Mother almost single-handedly brought back all of the Legion with her own willpower alone, especially after being separated from her sister and parents for so long, running from silent killers from a man who only knew that she was alive and that was apparently a threat to him."

"Well, I'm sure that they would be glad to know that they were right, and that you were not dead... again," Arlür said.  "That's so weird... I don't even know how--never mind.  What matters is that you're back."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate