A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Closer Study [P]

Postby Indigo » 08/03/2014 12:28 AM

Cyrano yawned. He'd been out here for hours now--how many, he couldn't say--and still there was no sign of, well, anything really. Quite a disappointment. Very difficult to collect specimens if no such specimens presented themselves. He could take samples of the plants, he supposed, but those weren't of much interest or use to him at the moment; he'd probably pick up a few to feed whatever he managed to catch, but otherwise he ignored them.

"You could set up camp for the night, you know," said a clipped voice from his pocket. "Get some rest, for once. No one would think you the worse for it--at least, I certainly wouldn't, and there's no one else here." This was Roman, who had not actually entered the rainforest; instead he waited in the hotel they'd found in a small but well-appointed town near Cyrano's chosen research site, checking in every hour or so to make sure Cyrano wasn't dead or anything.

"I hear this is a very popular research destination, so you may not be correct on that score," Cyrano said. "Regardless, I'm not worried about my reputation. I just don't want to miss anything! Suppose some great and as yet unknown creature passes me by in the middle of the night?" His last field expedition had been a definite failure, and he didn't want to repeat that fiasco.

"You have to sleep sometime."

"We'll see, my friend."
Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Closer Study [1]

Postby DraconicFlare » 08/03/2014 1:17 AM

Another one for the boss. Why does he make me do this work? I should be out chasing souls, not simply assassination. Scream thought with discontent as he slit another Polly's throat. He then walked to find some other weakling creature and saw a Mimebones, talking to his pocket. He then creeped through undergrowth and peered through a bush, watching the creature in front of him intently. He then proceeded to gnaw on the Polly corpse and to bag the soul of it.
DraconicFlare
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate