A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

[P/Talcen] A Strange World

Postby SpringsSong » 03/31/2015 11:48 PM

Noriala, 3a2c21
(Cathar form.  Let's call this about 8-10ish years post-Order 66?)

This place seemed an awful lot like Taris--but Noriala had never been there.

Order 66 had shattered Noriala's world, on top of the death of her master at the hands of the separatists.  She'd been away on an assignment, on her way from Alderaan to another one of the core worlds when the separatists tapped her holo frequency, broadcasting her master's murder for her and the Council.

The Council had insisted that Noriala continue her assignment.  She had insisted that she could get along just fine without clone troops, and when she felt the disturbance in the Force that had been Order 66, she was glad that she had insisted on not having clone troops with her.

She'd hopped around the galaxy from there, often contacting a smuggler that she'd crossed paths with in the past if she needed to get somewhere in a hurry.  She'd been able to lay low for a while, but now, she was starting to wonder--just how alone was she?

She turned quickly at a rustle in the bushes, one of her hands flying to her lightsaber before she could even think.

Idiot, she reprimanded herself when she saw a smaller creature emerge.  You need to be careful... you never know when someone might come along that's hunting Jedi...
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Re: [P/Talcen] A Strange World

Postby Kylo » 04/01/2015 2:21 PM

(That is fine with me. Shoto would be about 15 to 17 then. Bothan form.)

There was someone here, that much he was sure of. As to who the person was and how much of a threat they were was to be determined. He could smell them out there, not too far away. He dared not reach out with the force, not after what he had heard from the whispers on Skynet. A traitor, a sith, had destroyed the Jedi Order along with the help of clone troopers, now called "Storm Troopers". Shoto had been fortunate, very fortunate, to have gotten separated from his late master when he had, though it did not ease his pain at all. Losing his master, who was one of the few Masters who would entertain his theories and ideas of emotional suppression leading to severe mental health damage, had left a wound on his heart that would never heal.

The young bothan kept himself hidden from view deep within the underbrush, carefully drawing his presence close to himself.  He had learned quickly from necessity how to mask his presence and make himself appear to be only a wandering creature on both devices and those who were force sensitive using the force.

Shoto sniffed again and found the scent coming closer. They felt like a large being, most likely a sentient creature, and they sounded like they were bipedal. He waited silently for the creature or person to pass him by, hoping to avoid conflict as he was not exactly the best at fighting, after all it was in his species nature to avoid conflict.

[1]

You can't wake up, this is not a dream
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen
Low on self-esteem, so you run on gasoline

I think there's a flaw in my code
(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)
These voices won't leave me alone
Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold

Are you deranged like me?
Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Pointing fingers 'cause you'll never take the blame like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 269
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 04/01/2015 2:32 PM

Noriala sighed as she wrapped her cloak closer to her body.  She hadn't yet convinced herself to abandon certain trappings of her Jedi life, although there were precious few Jedi left--if any.  She had a feeling that at least one of the Council would have escaped, but she had stopped reaching out into the Force to see if she could feel any of the familiar presences she was so used to feeling, trying to avoid using the Force if she could.  That, in and of itself, had been challenging--she had shown a great aptitude in the Force at a young age, and had started her training early on--early enough that she was made a knight when she was eighteen standard years of age.

That... would have been eight or ten years ago, now, she thought to herself, sighing.

As she continued to walk, she caught a faint scent on the wind.  It wasn't one she was completely unfamiliar with, but she did not know it well enough to assume what it was.  She slowed her pace and looked around, her pinkish-red eyes gleaming as she scanned the foliage.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 04/07/2015 10:09 PM

Shoto peered out from within his leafy cover and noted the appearance of the said sentient creature. Well it was most definitely bipedal and it was most definitively armed. This was great. They were a Cathar, a nice species from what little interaction he had with them, but they could be very dangerous when threatened. He, on the other hand, was about as threatening as a sea-mouse was to a rollerfish. In other words, he was severely at a disadvantage.

This left he with very few options. One, remain in place and pray they leave without finding him. Two, he could make a run for it, but well the Cathar could most likely easily overcome him. He was after all only like 4'5" and could not make very long strides. Three, he could, and this was the risky of all of his options, just announce himself and try to negotiate his way out of any possible conflict. He was good at negotiations, and since he had learned how to not feel anything when lying, he could get away with it without his damned fur giving him away. But yeah that option was reserved for last resort. so really the only option he had was number one. Stay put.

And that he did.

[2]

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 04/07/2015 10:38 PM

Noriala saw a brief flash in the foliage before she stopped--something that looked like a Bothan, but she couldn't have been completely sure.  She stopped, nonetheless, and folded her arms peacefully, drawing in a calm breath.

"I don't mean you any harm," she said, hoping that the person would believe her.  She knew that her species were known to be incredibly dangerous when they felt they were threatened, but she felt far from threatened.  Or, well, she'd gotten used to the constant threat of the Empire finding her and executing her that she did not feel threatened by much.

"I'll, uh... look, I'm disarming," Noriala said, removing the otherwise-unassuming cylinders of metal and setting them on a nearby rock, and then covering them with her cloak.  Underneath, she wore typical Jedi robes--far from blending into this world's society.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 04/07/2015 11:35 PM

Should he trust her? She sounded nice, and she put down the weapon. He knew what it was. He wasn't stupid. He had his own. He had seen enough lightsabers in his short life to know them very intimately and could pick them out by sight easily. He unclipped his own as he slowly stood up and set it on the ground near himself.

"I hope those are your robes, miss, or we may have a bit of a problem on our hands," Shoto said softly.

He really wanted to hope she was a Jedi but one never knew anymore in this galaxy. Too many things had gone wrong, too many people were dead, and he was just a weak child who barely had gotten out of the temple before everything fell apart. He had been training to be a healer, not a fighter, and that left him weak and vulnerable.

"My name is Shoto. Yours?"

He watched her carefully and kept his distance, still uneasy with her. For all he knew she could be a Sith. He had heard rumors that it was a Sith that had taken down the temple, a Sith who had massacred countless younglings whose only crime was their innocence and trusting nature. He was determined to not be another victim. He was determined to survive and to keep safe the hidden masses of information he had stolen away for safe keeping. He had copied many many files before the fall due to him not wanting to make so many trips to the library. He had those files on him now, tucked away in a hidden bag stored inside countless storage machines he had built himself as a child from scraps left over from droid repairs. He needed to live, so he could pass on this knowledge to others. So one day the Jedi could return and this time hopefully with much more understanding masters and council members who were more open to emotions.

[3]

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 04/07/2015 11:57 PM

"I can assure you, they are mine," Noriala said with a chuckle.  "Of all the things of my past life... this was one of the things that I just couldn't leave behind.  That, and my lightsabers," she said, her voice understandably low.

"I am Noriala, and I..." she paused here, thinking about how best to say what she was going to say.  "I am a sentinel of the Jedi Order.  Or, well, I was before everything went wrong with the clone troops," she said, folding her arms.  She felt, deep down, that this fact alone might not be enough for the Bothan--and understandably so; she had heard that their kind preferred to be peaceful.

"If there is anything I might do to prove that I am not a Sith, I will gladly do so.  I know that those of our kind left cannot be without suspicion that someone who claims to be a Jedi might be a Sith," she said.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 04/08/2015 1:14 AM

Yes his kind was indeed peaceful, but he wasn't entirely against war when necessary. He knew too little, too late about the civil war that plagued the galaxy, but clearly no one had truly won for out of the Republic's ashes rose an Empire. His kind was also not entirely truly peaceful per say anyway. More like they just killed each other socially rather than physically.

"I was a padawan, just barely. I was only seven then when it happened."

He watched her more before slowly approaching, gently reaching out to her with the force, trying to read her emotions. He hoped that would give him a clue as to the truth though he felt that she wasn't lying thus far.

"I can think of nothing that can prove that. Anyone can be Sith, even those who don't realize they are yet. I will trust you for now," he spoke carefully and softly, for again obvious reasons.

"Do you have a ship?"

[4]

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 04/08/2015 10:50 AM

"I was... almost eighteen, just barely a Knight," Noriala said.  When she felt him reach out to her in the Force, she let herself be transparent, showing that she had nothing whatsoever to hide.  When he said that he could think of nothing to prove that she was not Sith, she lowered her head and smiled gently.

When he asked her if she had a ship, she raised her head, rubbing the back of her neck before she said, "I do, but I rarely use it anymore.  I normally reach out to a friend of mine I knew before I left for Coruscant when I need to get somewhere in a hurry, if simply because the Empire knew most of the ships that the Jedi used.  With how long it's been, though... maybe it would be safe to use it again."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate