A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Re: Setting Traps [P:Pyris]

Postby amapup » 02/09/2017 11:44 PM

((Aw, no problem! I'm sorry to hear you've been dealing with that. I hope you're feeling better now! <3 Poacher is an open NPC, if you ever want to control him as well.))

No other discernable scents. They'd chance it. Rookie tightened the grip of his two pearl-laden tails for luck. He glanced to his side, locking eyes with his partner. The youngster was already ready. Good. He gave her a small nod.

The underbrush gave way as the vulpine came charging through. A snarl exited his parted mouth, his coursing adrenaline driving him forward to the long-awaited confrontation. The two of them would have to act fast, as the trap wasn't made securely enough to hold a human for long. The man's stench was now overpowering. Rookie's gaze focused on the arm brandishing the hunting knife. If he could prevent the poacher from cutting the rope without getting slashed...

Rookie wouldn't spare a look for the man's widening eyes as he propelled himself up, jaws parted wide in anticipation of clamping down on an exposed wrist.

Barely controlled locomotive consuming the picture and blowing the Crows
to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
But this is beginning to feel like the bolt busted Loose
from the Lever

Pets (under construction):Wishlist:Trades
amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 981
Donate

Postby Pyris » 02/14/2017 7:39 PM

Acane rushed just behind Rookie, ensuring she didn't attempt to target the same area.  Knowing how human brains tended to work, she went for the other wrist.  She aimed for an elbow, claws digging into the ground as she leapt.  Her claws made contact with flesh, but the jerking of their target made her bite narrowly miss.  Human skin was thin, making it difficult to really dig her claws in.  Still, she clung to the flailing limb, digging them in as deep as she could.

She chomped at the sensitive bend of the human's elbow a second time, this time succeeding.  Her hind legs stretched, claws digging into his forearm to keep him in place.  Golden eyes glanced up to check on the fenling to see how he was moving.

"If I died today, would you remember me forever?"

"Even if I die...Forever."

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 280
Donate

Postby amapup » 02/15/2017 11:22 PM

"What the hell-" the man's exclamation was cut off by his own anguished outburst as Rookie's teeth sink into his skin. Rookie bit down hard, his mouth filling with the salty tang of sweat and blood. It worked, and the knife slipped from the poacher's hand, clattering to the ground.

"G'off!"

Rookie only had the briefest glimpse of Acane's handiwork before he felt himself falling, the arm descending forcefully down. The fenling's side slammed into the ground, his hat sliding of in the process. Despite being temporarily stunned, Rookie managed to keep his grip on the wrist, and he soon regained his senses. He scrambled to his paws, and with Acane pinning down the other side he began to back away, tugging until there was a squelching pop and the arm went limp.

Rookie dropped the hand, panting from the exertion. He shot Acane an approving grin as the poacher reduced to wimpering. Low class scum just looking for a few easy bucks. Not one of the organized operations, but still reprehensible. Rookie spat - ugh, this guy clearly never bathed - and swept up the fallen hunting knife in one of his free tails. The blade was soon resting against the poacher's throat.

to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
from the Lever

amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 981
Donate

Postby Pyris » 03/03/2017 11:28 AM

Acane released the fleshy inside of the poacher's elbow before leaning almost entirely on the man's forearm.  She kept her claws firmly in his arm as a reminder that she was there, really wishing she had some water to drink.  It would help wash out the taste of blood in her mouth.

It was a flavor she was unfortunately accustomed to, but that didn't make it any more pleasant.  Amber eyes examined the man carefully.  He was not the one she wanted, but certainly might be useful in finding him.  Finally settling down on the man's wrist, she glanced at Rookie and waited for him to do whatever it was he needed to do.

"If I died today, would you remember me forever?"

"Even if I die...Forever."

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 280
Donate

Postby amapup » 04/10/2017 10:24 PM

"Where's your partner?"

The cold touch of metal and the sound of a voice convinced the man to force his eyes open, and he glanced around wildly. His mind was struggling to process what had just occurred past the shooting pain from his limbs. "I, I d-don't know -"

"Don't play games. We know who you work with." A paw tugged on his long hair, and the man found his head jerked to the side, his face inches away from that of a snarling fenling. There was a stinging sensation from his throat. Talking animals. All he'd done was slip up on a hunting trap - and then these small animals started attacked him? and now there was a knife and questions - Zu'hai help him-

"Where. Is. He."

Rookie didn't want an ambush. He'd made that mistake too many times in the past - once which had almost cost him his life. His destiny for the fur trade had been secured until that fool of a kid had come rescued him - despite the fenling's repeated warnings to stay away from that place. Someone happens by when you're not expecting them, notices something fishy going on - and the two of them could easily become dead meat. No, he did not want that.

His muzzle was close enough now for his whiskers to brush the human's skin. His nose curled in distaste, now wreathed in the poacher's rapid breaths. If he could just-

"L-look, I-i-i haven't seen him since this-s morning. I don't know what you-"

"Fine."

The paw was lifted and the knife removed, leaving behind a small trickle of blood. But before the man could think of doing anything, Rookie pushed his weight onto the dislocated arm, sending another volley of pain through the man's shoulder. The limb's awkward position was somewhat sickening to look at, but Rookie couldn't bring himself to feel any sympathy for the suffering man.

He allowed his gaze to lock with Acane's, who up to now had been doing an excellent job of keeping the other arm firmly pinned.  The man was lucky there were other interests at play today. "Why don't you try asking him something." Using his free tail Rookie extracted the wallet from his belt and tossed it to the ground between the poacher and herself. She might as well take the chance to get what she wanted. As for himself, he didn't trust the probability of a lack of surprise visitors. One of them ought to be looking out.

((Sorry for being so late! I hope the style experimentation is alright, I wasn't sure how to format this post. Also, I think it'll be best to continue to go by the old fenling design for the duration of the roleplay.))

to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
from the Lever

amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer