A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

A Shadowed World [A Private Moonling Hunt]

Postby robopup24 » 01/20/2008 6:23 PM

Dmitri 1.1

The thick canopy of the trees shadowed the forest floor beneath, blocking out almost all traces of sunlight. Only a few slivers of light managed to slip through that thick, leafy barrier. Even then, the sunlight barely illuminated the damp, mossy ground.

You could call it a shadowed world, a world devoid of almost all light.

That did not bug the Rattegan who had lugged his equipment to this very spot. Dmitri squeaked under his breath in excitemnet, glancing at the shadowed corners. Yes, he was here to find something...something called a Moonling...

The Plush pet began to unload the heavy cart he had brought along, bringing out strange equipment. "This should work!" Dmitri exclaimed to no one in particular. He handled his inventions with great care as he set them onto the soggy ground. "Yes...I need...a power source now..." The Rattegan muttered under his breath.

The machine he had taken out was oddly shaped: it looked like a giant sphere with glowing buttons, and it radiated with a bright aura. Every now and then, it would hum in a low rumble, sending vibrations through the trees.

Dmitri sat down, thinking, trying to find a way to set his machine to work...

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 01/20/2008 7:54 PM

[center]Image

Brrr. The climate here sure wasn't as nice as the temperature back at home. But the scenery was nice enough; it was different, one would prefer. With almost no sunlight, this place was almost frightening, scary. And with barely any sunshine, there wasn't much warmth, either. The ground was pretty cold, for a sunny environment. Risiang figured such things happened with temperature.

He heard an odd laugh nearby. Oh? Was someone here? Or was it simply his mind playing tricks on him? Whichever it was, he knew he had heard a sound. Peering through the thick leaves of the forest, the Sky Serraptor spotted a small Plush Rattegan. Said pet seemed focused on an odd machine shaped like a ball. What was that, anyway? The Serraptor didn't know, and to be truthful, he didn't want to know...

A power source. Apparently, the Rattegan was missing something to make his invention work. Using sunlight or water would work, maybe? Or... maybe... fuel? ...

The reptile kept on spying on the Rattegan discreetly.

[1]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 01/21/2008 3:25 PM

Dmitri 1.2

The Rattegan suddenly squeaked happily as he snatched something from the ground. "Excellent!" Dmitri scurried over to his invention, still holding the mysterious object. As he neared the sphere, Dmitri dropped in a rock. "Why haven't I thought of that earlier?"

The moment Dmitri had dropped the rock in, the sphere's humming intensified and the lights began to flash. Dmitri almost fainted with delight. Hopefully, this invention would work...unlike the other ones...

Dmitri's paw trembled with excitement as he pushed the button to activiate the machine.

Several things happened at once: The machine groaned and stopped, its aura slowly dimishing. Dmitri, a bit disappointed, kicked it. The sphere literally exploded with a deafening 'boom'. The startled cries of the birds above echoed through the rainforest as they flew off.

That's another invention down the drain...

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 01/21/2008 7:30 PM

Even though it seemed like the Rattegan knew what he was doing... it seemed like he didn't know what he was doing at all. That single remark made the Serraptor somewhat anxious, unaware of what could happen if the... machine...? Well, it looked like a machine... of some sort? Anyways. This machine-of-sort seemed quite odd, and as Risiang saw the Rattegan putting the rock in looked... unnecessary? Er.

BOOM. Was all the reptile heard. Squealing with both fear and surprise, the Serraptor tripped over a rotten tree branch, falling down onto his back. Well, great, just great; Dmitri had most likely heard the noise and would find the reptile soon; it was only a matter of time. It's not like his bright red ribbon around his neck wasn't obvious enough to begin with, either.

Oh well... He supposed it wouldn't do any harm to meet a new pet. Would it?

[2]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 01/21/2008 7:52 PM

Dmitri 1.3

Oh boy. Dmitri sat up, shaking the dirt out of his ears. "Back to the drawing board." The Rattegan mournfully sighed, twisting his little claws together. "Ah well, you learn from your mistakes I guess..." As he began to pick the remains of his invention, Dmitri heard a startled cry. What could that be?

Dmitri dropped the pieces and began to head toward the scource of the sound, his little nose twitching. What he saw excited him so. It was a Sky Serraptor! A Sky pet! The Rattegan had always wanted to see one. The reptile seemed to be...incapicated for the moment. "Are you all right?" Dmitri almost shouted the words. "The name's Dmitri!"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 01/21/2008 8:19 PM

Well, as he thought: the Rattegan had found him. At least the rat-pet proved to be friendly enough, and the Serraptor returned the greeting without the bad feeling in his stomach most people were having when meeting a new pet or person. "Yeah, I'm okay," Risi assured, getting up and shaking off the dust and leaves from his scales. He ruffled his small wings, spreading some down to get along with the leaves. "Mine's Risiang," the Serraptor said, nodding. "It's nice to meet you."

Looking around, the Serraptor's nose wiggled, sniffling the place. He could still smell a faint trace of smoke from the mini explosion, but it wasn't that bad. "What was that thing you were playing with?" he asked the Rattegan, intrigued.

[3]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 01/21/2008 8:48 PM

Dmitri 1.4

"Oh," Dmitri loved it when people asked him about his inventions. "It was a Moonling Tracker! Designed to track down Moonlings by their aura!" The Rattegan broke into a grin. "Well, it's nice to meet you Risiang. What are you here for? Are you hunting for Moonlings too?" Dmitri could have continued with his fast stream of questions if he hadn't noticed the fading light. "Oh my." Dmitri blinked. "It's getting dark." The Rattegan seemed a bit pleased by this. "Maybe the night will make it easier to find the Moonlings!"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 01/21/2008 9:20 PM

What a friendly and talkative little Rattegan. Even though the odd invention thing made him look like some sort of maniacal scientist, Dmitri was actually a Rattegan with a whole head on his shoulders. "A Moonling Tracker?" Risiang echoed, tilting his head, intrigued. "Sounds pretty cool," the Serraptor said, scratching his chin. "Too bad it didn't work."

The Serraptor looked up, blinking. "Oh, the night is falling. Maybe Moonlings prefer the night, yeah," the reptile agreed, nodding. "Should we head off to hunt for them?"

[4]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 01/21/2008 9:41 PM

Dmitri 2.0

"Oh! You're hunting for Moonlings too?" Dmitri was extremely hyper now. "Great! Great! Why don't we start- oh, my equipment!" He hurried over to his lumpy bag, stepping over the remains of his invention. "I need to lug it along...just in case anything happens!" The Rattegan broke into a wide grin. "Sorry if I seem so hyper, but...I've always wanted to see a Sky Serraptor-" At this point, Dmitri's voice became so fast that the words blurred together. "Soyoucansayweareateamandwe'llgoMoonlinghuntingtogetherandeverything!"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 01/21/2008 11:36 PM

"Well, it wasn't on my schedule, not really, but I don't mind helping you out," Risiang chirped, nodding. Being a helpful creature by nature, the reptile wouldn't mind helping the small and cheery Rattegan inventor. He watched the little rat run around to fetch his equipment, clearly excited and eager to start searching for a Moonling.

"It's okay," Risi chirped, his wings ruffling with some embarrassment. "Well, I guess Sky Serraptors are sort of rare, uh-huh," he said, scratching the back of his head. "People go about searching everywhere for one of us. We're only a few, though."

He tilted his head, blinking, at Dmitri's blurted out words. It took a moment for the Serraptor to be able to figure out what the Rattegan had said, but he figured it out soon enough. "Yeah, we gotta be a team to be able to find a Moonling," the reptile agreed, nodding. "Let's start the hunt!"

[5 -- lvl]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 01/22/2008 7:16 PM

Dmitri 2.1

The Rattegan happily squeaked. My, he seemed to squeak alot. "Great!" Dmitri exclaimed. "Let's go go go then!" With a wide grin he somehow managed to heave the bag onto the wagon and pull it along easily. With no sense of direction what-so-ever, Dmitri headed toward the first direction he thought of. The Rattegan hummed a merry tune as he hiked over the damp ground, sneezing quietly every now and then.
Above, the moonlight slowly shimmered through, tinting the rainforest's floor an ominous, icy blue.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 01/23/2008 1:04 AM

Risiang watched the small Rattegan heading off cheerily, chuckling. He knew for sure the hunt was going to be exciting and cheerful. It would, obviously, bring a lot of fun to the hunt. Most likely so much they'd soon forget what they were doing in the first place. But hey, that was okay! The world needed more merry people like Dmitri, after all. "It's great to meet such a healthy and bouncy soul like you," Risiang chirped, scratching lightly over his big red ribbon. "I'm not exactly hyper and excited, but I love hanging around with cheerful people. It brings more life to the scenery."

Not only the character of the adventurers, but also the very scenery itself could bring beauty to its image. Letting the leaves show some splotches of light, dappling the floor with a beautiful light blue color. Yes, this exploration would be fun.

[6]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 01/23/2008 8:03 PM

Dmitri 2.2

"You do?" Dmitri squeaked. "Most people think I'm annoying...oh! Did you know that only the letter 'J' is not used in the periodic table?" Oh dear, he seemed to be slipping into an old habit: blurting out little random facts. "Sorry about that. But, did you know that the universe is made up of a mysterious matter called 'dark matter'? I'm thinking that maybe the Moonlings are made up of this 'dark matter'...that's why I'm out here, looking for them!" Dmitri happily concluded. The Rattegan peered into a bush before marching on.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 01/26/2008 12:12 AM

"I guess some people simply tend to be too tense or stressed. Sometimes it's just how people are," the Serraptor said, nodding. Quite a few pets at home were serious and tense and stressed and everything. They would usually leave the Pen to go take a short walk outside to relax their nerves, but they would never been able to get rid of the trait. Hmmm, oh well.

"Eh?" Risiang replied, tilting his head at the "J" fact. He knew next to nothing about science. As for the dark matter theory, he hadn't heard about it either. "I see... You're awfully intelligent," he complimented, following Dmitri through the same bush.

[7]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/03/2008 6:25 PM

(OOC: Darn it...sorry that I took so long.)
Dmitri 2.3

Intellegent?
The Rattegan halted in his steps, blinking. No one has ever said that before. He suddenly squeaked in delight and jumped on Risiang's back, giggling to himself. "Really? You think so? You really think so? No one has said that before!" He hugged the Serraptor before jumping off, his tail wagging happily.

He seemed like a hyperactive puppy now...

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next