A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

A Silver Lining... (Lifemates; need Moofius!)

Postby Soriana » 01/23/2008 7:25 PM

ImageGet your own Evelon Pet Today!

A long way from their hometown of Nabias, Sori and Picasso had found themselves trudging through the dense thickness of the Tengel Rainforest in the heart of the land known as Barakka. They'd been traveling for days on end, mucking their way across a vast distance, resting by day and hiking through the rainforest by the darkness of night. The pair had nearly reached the center of Tengel, and dawn, it seemed, was about to break loose from the deep catacombs of night. Slumping down on the nearest log in her path, Sori could go no farther. Being that her kuhna was not quite as tired, Picasso still had enough energy to find something remotely edible that the two of them could consume. So he set off in search of even the tiniest morsel.

A while later, Picasso was having no luck in the area of hunting food, as all the creatures small enough to hunt were nowhere to be found. Sighing, the kuhna resorted to his final option: To try and gather food such as fruits and vegetables. He figured that those types of foods would be easier to come by than live prey, as Tengel was a rainforest, after all.

Sure enough, Picasso soon found various trees and plant life that contained healthy sources of food. Sighing once more, this time in apparent relief, he climbed his way up a very large tree that cradled a very bright-looking type of fruit. Just before picking the ripest-looking piece, Picasso heard a faint rustling in the bushes down below. Jumping off the tree, the kuhna warily squinted into the underbrush and gasped. He saw a streak of green, brown, and white fur that rushed past him.

{6}

The King beneath the mountains,
The King of carven stone,
The lord of silver fountains
Shall come into his own!

His crown shall be upholden,
His harp shall be restrung,
His halls shall echo golden
To songs of yore re-sung.

The streams shall run in gladness,
The lakes shall shine and burn,
All sorrow fail and sadness
At the Mountain-king's return!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 216
Donate

Postby Moofius » 01/24/2008 3:11 AM

ImageImage

Kossori AND Mimoso

"Kossori please be a little less... like yourself," Mimoso sighed. This kuhna was giving her a headache. The kamo kuhna jumped up on the temple gyrraptors back, tails swaying back and forth in a playful manner.
"Aw, lighten up Mimoso. You wanted to visit home, didn'tcha'?"

The gyrraptor glared out into the jungle underbrush, squatted down before jumping up roughly into the air. The kamo kuhna went flying with a surprised squeak, landing in a push consisting of vibrant purple leaves.

"pfth! HEY!" But Mimoso was already walking away, giving off a chirping laugh. The kamo coloured female wouldn't stand for that. She slunk away into the underbrush. She had a plan.

Sneak up on Mimoso and scare the day lights out of her! yes this spunky girl still had enough energy to waste it on getting back at the level headed gyrraptor.

She heard rustling just ahead. haha. She made her way closer, closer... Then sprinted the last few meters and jumped out.
"GOTCHA- Hey... You're not Mimoso," Kossori frowned, sitting down. Some common kuhna had probably just ruined her whole plan.

Mimoso turned upon hearing the 'GOTCHA'!' ...
Well obviously the kuhna hadn't gotten her. She turned right around and towards the sound. As she was in her element she made no sound.
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby Soriana » 01/25/2008 2:00 AM

Picasso looked genuinely surprised. "S-s-sorry," he stuttered, "I was just gathering some food and-wait, what're you doing here?" He looked at the female incredulously. What on earth... Picasso couldn't help but stare back at the other kuhna; she did look rather pretty. Ha! You idiot, he silently scolded himself, I'm still surprised she hasn't come up and attacked me. She looks like the feisty type.

Still second-guessing his own thoughts, Picasso turned back to the tree in which he'd clumsily leapt from when he heard the female kuhna's rustling fur, realizing that all his gathered food had been squashed. By him. Ugh, he groaned in his mind, there goes dinner. Then, looking back at the other kuhna and asked, "So, what are you called? I'm Picasso. No nicknames or anything, just Picasso."

{7}

Shall come into his own!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 01/25/2008 4:00 AM

"What am I called?" Kossori laughed, "I think you might mean, 'what's your name, young miss,' or something along those lines,"

Kossori laughed again. What a silly kuhna.
"My names Kossori and it's nice to meet you Picasso. Isn't that the name of some artist guy?" the kamo asked, tail flicking about.

"Oh... Your food," she said, surprised by it's sudden existence in her world.
"I'm sure Mimoso and I can help you get more food. We're both native to the-"
"Found you, are you alright?" Mimoso asked, looking concerned. She'd been there some time but had seen that there was no imminent danger.

Kossori jumped, "OH! You scared me! It's fine. I accidentally scared Picasso though and he squashed his food," there was a small frown. She felt genuinely bad about that. She'd meant to scare Mimoso, not Picasso.
Mimoso nodded to Picasso, "I'm Mimoso. I'm sorry about Kossori, would you like me to get you something specific to replace what you have lost?" she was, of course, referring to the fruit.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Soriana » 01/26/2008 12:26 AM

Quickly trying to answer both the kuhna and the gyrraptor, Picasso replied, "Yeah, I think it was an artist. I think it suits me, though. And anyway, what kind of a name is 'Kossori'? It sounds foreign."

Turning to the gyrraptor, he answered, "You must be Mimoso. And I'd be grateful for any help." I suppose I would be normally, Picasso thought, but from a gyrraptor? He proceeded to gesture to the tree in which he'd found the fruit, and a few of the plants in which he'd located the vegetables. After Picasso concluded that he'd pointed to all the food he had lost, he said simply, "Thank you both. For all the help."

{8}

Shall come into his own!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 01/26/2008 2:17 AM

The kamo kuhna shrugged, "Moofius named me. I think it's suppose to be japanese," she laughed, "Moofius is japan obessed. But she's been taking a step away from the Japanese names, which is good," Kossori seemed relieved about that.

Mimoso trotted off to get the food for the common kuhna. She didn't need to have them trees pointed out to her. She was born here, learned everything about living in the Tengel.

Picasso seemed weirded out by Mimoso, so when she had left Kossori, completely ignoring the common kuhna's personal space, leaned forward very close.
"Hey. You like Mimoso, right? There's nothing wrong with her right? Does she have something on her face. She did go hunting recently. She's really nice," Kossori said, bright eyes starring into Picasso's.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Soriana » 01/26/2008 2:59 AM

Picasso suddenly, even in his midst of bewilderedness, saw a sparkle in Kossori's eyes, something like he'd never seen before in any other kuhna he'd ever met. Trying to regain his composure, he straightened his back, but strangely could not tear his eyes from Kossori. She was, after all....beautiful.

Hoping Kossori wasn't upset about the way he had reacted when he met Mimoso, he began to apologize. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to give you or...or Mimoso the wrong impression. It's just..I haven't really left the Town of Nabias before; the Tengel Rainforest is pretty new to me. That, and the fact that the food isn't for me. It's for my trainer, Soriana, who hasn't had much to eat the last few days. We're trying to reach Lamenolai. For the adventure, you know?"

Great, Picasso thought, my first somewhat interesting conversation with a female, and I might have just blown it.

{9}

Shall come into his own!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 01/26/2008 3:05 AM

Kossori laughed, still keeping in his bubbles. What a weird kuhna, he was funny though, she'd give him that much. Funny when he was nervous.

She sat back, "No... You just seemed to find her weird. You shouldn't be surpised. Gyrraptors are native to the Tengel you know. It's where she grew up. She worked in Nabias at a restaurant as well. But I guess if you haven't been around the block, you'd be confused," Kossori giggled, "Kamo kuhnas are from the Tengel too. But I wasn't born here,"

Mimoso had gathered up a lot of food in that short time and had killed a polly aswell. They were quite good when cooked, especially if you had the right spices.
Satisfied with her haul she started to make her way silently back to the group, the polly in her jaw to more easily carry it.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Soriana » 01/26/2008 3:16 AM

Seeing the food that Mimoso had brought back, Picasso thanked her. Noticing the polly, he figured she must have gone to extra efforts to hunt it. Shyly, he knew it was only proper to apologize to the gyrraptor as well. "Mimoso, I'm really quite sorry about earlier. I haven't been out much, it seems. And thank you for the food."

Picasso began to laugh a little at Kossori's comment. Figuratively, he slapped himself on the head. "Of course!" he said, not meaning for it to be heard, "I knew I saw a temple gyrraptor around Nabias!" Instantly regretting his last sentence, he knew he'd embarrassed himself a bit too much already. Not wanting to leave because of Kossori, Picasso decided to stay. Sori could wait a little longer...

{10}

Shall come into his own!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 01/26/2008 3:33 AM

The temple gyrraptor didn't seem to pleased. Picasso was... strange and he seemed to speak before he ever thought out what he was saying. But Mimoso had been trained to disregard the rude comments of clients and did the same with Picasso. It did not, in anyway, mean he was forgiven.

"We'd better get this stuff back to whoever you're here with," Kossori said, oblivious to what Picasso was so embarassed about now.
"We'll follow you with the food. HEY! maybe we can travel together for a bit?" Kossori suggested, "Mimoso could be like, a guide! She knows her way around,"
"My knowledge of the area is a little rusty, mind you," the temple pet added hastily, "I haven't been home in some time,"

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Soriana » 01/26/2008 2:18 PM

(Hehe, this role-play is already getting interesting.)

Picasso thought for a moment, trying to remember which way he'd come. "Hmm...I think I came right through that gap of trees over there. And before that, I did become tangled in a load of thorn bushes. So maybe...."

And Picasso wondered for a minute if Sori would still be waiting for him, still sitting upon the fallen log when they returned. Gathering his bearings of nourishment, which Mimoso had given him, he waited for the gyrraptor and Kossori. This adventure is getting stranger by the minute...

{11}

Shall come into his own!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 01/26/2008 4:38 PM

"You lead," Kossori laughed, "And we'll follow. Maybe we'll catch her scent or something to help us along," Though Kossori wasn't to happy that he'd come out here and hadn't done anything to ensure he knew his way back. That was very reckless if you didn't know your way around. Heck, even if you DO it's best to leave markers.

Mimoso smiled. Wow, this kuhna was not cut out for jungle exploration. She found it funny. Much like an Englishman who would come into the jungle, fearless and unprepared. They usually never made it out of the jungle.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Soriana » 01/26/2008 5:55 PM

Lovely. Just lovely. I'm running amok through an unfamiliar jungle with two extremely strange characters, and Kossori wants me to lead? Great. I'm done for. Picasso nodded at the female nervously, but as he took in his surroundings once more, he felt he could remember at least half of the way back. The way back to the log where Sori was sitting, probably loosing all hope. Gathering his bearings of nourishment, which Mimoso had so kindly given to him, he motioned for the others that he was ready to set off to find the way back.

After a time of traveling, Picasso's heart leapt with amazement. He recognized a few trees and plants that he'd passed by before. They were getting closer. Excitedly, Picasso turned to Kossori and yelled, "I know I've seen that tree before! And those shrubs! We're getting closer..." But the male kuhna's voice trailed off and faded away. He couldn't remember any more from that point on. Directing his voice at Mimoso, Picasso stated, "I think this is the point where you take over, Mimoso. I don't know any more from here."

{12}

Shall come into his own!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 01/27/2008 9:18 PM

So kossori and Mimoso followed, their feet falling silently behind the common kuhna that led them. It was as if they knew where to step to avoid making a sound, like this was were they'd lived all their lives. Very far from the truth, especially for Kossori.

But soon the common kuhna had to stop. Picasso could not remember where he'd come from. This was a little frightening to Mimoso. If they hadn't shown up, this little kuhna would most likely be dead right now. But she didn't word her thoughts, just nodded and walked around the perimeter. All her senses were concentrated on the task. It didn't take long before she found the kuhnas, not very stealthy, treck through the jungle.
"Follow me," she stated before heading off ahead.

Kossori followed, keeping with Picasso, "Hey! You did leave a track!" she said, looking at broken branches and small plants he must have pressed against the ground. Perhaps that was a little embarrasing, as he hadn't meant to be so... obvious. But the kamo kuhna had no idea.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Soriana » 01/27/2008 11:00 PM

As he saw that Kossori had noticed his rather hasty mess of trampling through the rainforest, he blushed a little. "Ah. Well..uh....yes. Yes, I suppose I did leave somewhat of a trail." He gave a nervous smile, trying to hide his embarrassment, and figured that Kossori was probably rolling her eyes at him.

Not long after that little stint, Picasso began to pick up on Sori's trail once more. Forgetting the implied warnings not to run ahead, the kuhna did so anyway. And then he forgot the all-important rule of keeping his voice down and yelled, "SORIANA! SORIANA, WHERE ARE YOU?" Unfortunately, Picasso remembered too soon about staying quiet. All he could say was, "Oh, dear."

{13}

Shall come into his own!