A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Re: The Alpha Of The Omegas: Part C (E)(P)

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 06/30/2022 2:19 PM

Slipping out through the door, she felt her chest tighten in panic - she had no idea where to go, no money with her, no way to alert Cassus if something was wrong, no desire to burden him with yet another problem. She sat on the front step, and stifled her sobs as tears rolled down her cheeks.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2196
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/01/2022 12:04 PM

"I know that look too well, dear - was it your young man? Or has something happened with the sire?" came a grizzled voice, and Borealis struggled to wipe her face as she looked up into her landlady's stern face.

"It's not- he hasn't- he wouldn't do anything lik that - I'm just - it's just so much" she stammered, hanging her head in shame.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/01/2022 12:07 PM

The landlady softened her expression, and held out a handkerchief - a slightly rough and loose-edged handkerchief, but one nontheless - which Borealis took with a trembling paw.

"What happened to you wasn't right" she murmured, looking down towards the young female. "Anyone lesser would have fallen apart - you're lucky to have him, and he's lucky to have you."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/01/2022 2:46 PM

Borealis shook her head, and the landlady barked out a laugh.

"You don't even realise it, but he is - he looks like he'd be lost without you all. You just don't see the tenderness because you're the one on the inside recieving it.

Borealis sniffled, and wiped her eyes frantically to clear the tear trails.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/01/2022 2:49 PM

"You have your children, and your young man, and a bright future ahead of you" the landlady murmured as Borealis pulled herself together. "It's alright to feel overwhelmed sometimes, but don't lose sight of the important things."

Borealis blew her nose, and offered her a watery smile. "Thank you; I needed that, I think" she murmured.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/01/2022 2:54 PM

The landlady smiled and waved as she made her way off down the street, and Borealis watched her go, frowning as she turned the corner. It was odd how she had shown up, right as she was feeling so alone, but she was glad for the landlady's reassurance - it seemed to be what she needed to hear at that moment.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/01/2022 3:02 PM

She crept back into the house, guilt taking over her as she realised how vulnerable she had been - she could have been spotted, or taken, and Cassus would never have known.

She slid back into the bed, but couldn't settle, and kept squirming and trying to find a comfortable way to position herself.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/01/2022 3:04 PM

She stilled as Cassus rolled to lie behind her, warm breath moving the strands of fur on her ear. He wasn't touching her, but she could feel his heartbeat through her back and from his breathing, she could tell he was awake.

"Why did you go?" he mumured, careful to keep his tone level and neutral.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/01/2022 3:07 PM

Her heart broke at the sound of his voice; no demands, no insisting she tell him where she went or who with or what she did, just a request to understand.

She rolled over, and pushed close to him, laying her head directly against his chest.

"I felt overwhelmed - being a mother, a mate, a family - it's terrifying, and I had to get out."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/01/2022 3:09 PM

She felt him hold in a breath, and rushed to reassure him.

"I didn't go far - I was on the front step, and the landlady comforted me. And I don't want to go away - this is my home, and you are my mate, and the pups are my pups, I just- sometimes it feels like the walls are closing in on me."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/01/2022 3:11 PM

Cassus frowned, ears folded down in sadness. He wrapped his arms around her, and began gently rubbing her back as she buried her head in his chest.

"I don't want to suffocate you" he said at last, as he tried to give a voice to his concerns. "But I don't want to put you at risk either. We don't know who is out there, and you only gave birth a few weeks ago."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/06/2022 4:25 AM

Borealis sniffled wetly into his chest. "I know, and I realised how careless I had been after I spoke to our landlady, but I just needed to get out. Just for a little while.

Cassus rubbed her back until she stopped sniffling, and all the while he was thinking hard about what they could do to help her.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/06/2022 4:46 AM

"The problem is the pups" Borealis whispered, keeping her forehead flat against his chest. "We can't leave them alone, but I'm scared of taking them out with us, and I'm terrified of leaving the house without you."

Cassus struggled with the weight of his thoughts as he wrapped his arms even more tightly around her.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/06/2022 4:48 AM

They couldn't leave the pups alone; this was true, but something in him rebelled at the thought of taking them out of this safe haven so soon after their birth.

What they needed was somewhere Borealis could go nearby and do something with her time. So far, Cassus had been doing all of the required outings, but she needed something to do to occupy her mind.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/06/2022 4:50 AM

"I know you can sew; can you spin, and dye fabric as well?" Cassus asked, as an idea began to take shape in his mind.

Borealis froze, and then pulled her head back to look at him. "I can - I'm a bit rusty at the spinning, but Kale had us working all sorts of side gigs."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext