A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Postby Kayota » 03/15/2008 3:38 PM

ImageImage

[ooc: Italics = thought-speak.]

Two pets wandered aimlessly through the darkness, enjoying the cool night. One seemed to possess an extremely long tail and slightly narrowed, gleaming white eyes that had a scheming look to them. The other, slightly bigger than the first, had skeletal wings and long, shining black horns. They walked side-by-side, and to anybody who wasn't within range of the cat-like creature's telepathy, it would seem they were also rather silent. In reality, though, the Doom Kitty was chattering away excitedly, talking about his latest plan to rule the world. The Sahound, though annoyed, remained silent, trotting a little bit ahead of the cat. He really got sick of the cat's constant rambling, and if it weren't for Kay he'd've killed the little guy by now... snap his chubby little neck in two... Heheh.

The Cursed Sahound was startled when Otho suddenly shut up, and paused, looking at the cat. The Doom Kitty's head was turned up slightly, and Nod followed his gaze. Is that... smoke? Otho asked, a grin spreading across his face.

"Yeah, it is, but don't get yourself worked up, doesn't look like a forest fire," Nod muttered, but in a flash of grey and purple fur, the cat had already darted off. Nod groaned and trotted slowly after him.

The Doom Kitty came upon the fire and those surrounding it, not stopping to think of the danger as he stepped right into the dim light the fire gave off. Fascinated, he stared at the dancing flames, his mouth gaping. If there was one thing that could keep his attention for a long time, it was fire. The destruction it could create... the despair it caused... it amazed him to no end. Its destructive powers were beyond anything he had control of. He sat down near the campfire and just... stared.

The Sahound came up behind him, glaring slightly, ignoring for the moment the group gathered around the fire. "Otho," he snapped, cuffing the cat on the side of his head with a paw.

Yeah...? He frowned, turning his head to give his best intimidating look.

"There are people here, you idiot. Look around you." Otho did as he was told, and seemed genuinely surprised that there were, indeed, people there. His eyes widened slightly.

When did you all get here? His voice was only slightly shaky, barely noticeable as he spoke to those around him with his unique skill of telepathy. He quickly regained his composure, though, and stood. He gave a slight bow. I am Otho, and this here is my friend- Nod interrupted him with a muttered "Yeah, right," and Otho, miffed, mentally cleared his throat to show his annoyance. As I was saying, this is Nod. Nod, well, nodded, and watched those around him carefully. You never did know when someone might attack...
[center]My main characters right now:
ImageImage
Valencia---Otho
The Factory - click Otho.
My Zoo Pen - click Valencia.
[/center]
Kayota
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 43
Donate

Postby Fish » 03/15/2008 11:43 PM

OOC: Smacks Titus. Be nice you fool! D:<

He looked away when Sammy had called him kind. He was embarrassed about it: It wasn't a good quality to have where he grew up at. He would still keep to his word. Titus knew that for sure. "And if you keep traveling with just Berry," He stated bluntly, "you're bound to get yourself in serious trouble."
He sighed. "Don't you have other pets or... friends? I mean, there has got to be someone you could have gone with?" He persisted further into the subject. His body started to loosen up from his tense attitude. His anger started to slowly fade, yet there was still some bitter inside him. He scoffed at the Bleached duo.
Doing laundry?! What a waste of time! He rolled his green eyes and wrinkled his nose. A waste of time indeed.

"You shouldn't say thanks." He added quickly to Sammy's reply. "They may claim the land that their..." He flicked his dark grey ear. "home is on; but, anywhere else I doubt they own as much. So thanking them for traveling on land that is not entirely owned by them is not right. They don't deserve it." He snapped. His voice held bitter anger. Titus made sure to keep his lips pulled back for a few moments to reveal pearl-white, jagged teeth. He wasn't intending to start a fight, but merely show them they weren't welcome: Whether Sammy and Berry agreed to that or not.

He turned his head sharply to more newcomers. He lifted his muzzle high. He was not exactly happy of the new arrivals. From what he could tell, it was a Chaos Sahound and a Doom Kitty. He hadn't run into one of those cats before, yet he still recognized the thing. He heard the cat's voice inside his head, introducing themselves. "Nice to know..." He spoke, not really friendly like.  It was his way to greet them: The best they'd probably would receive from him because of his current mood.

"Careful... I'm contagious."

PENWISHLIST

I used to be Elliot.
Fish
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 130
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/16/2008 3:09 PM

Sammy only smiled, and Berry tittered as if it knew some secret that no one else had guessed. Sammy could see how embarrassed she had made the Lucian. Why? Didn't he like to know he was kind? Shrugging, she grinned impishly. "Ah, don't be so embarrassed. You really are a nice guy." She sighed then, at his next question, her mile vanishing completely. "I...I do...I have...Other pets..." She sounded skeptical of herself, and looked away, focusing on a tree to her left. It wasn't exactly true.

Yes, she knew other pets on the Menagerie, but she had never bonded with any of them. Well, except maybe Moonracer, the venom Draculi. But it was hard getting him to go anywhere with her; even if he did fret and worry when she finally did leave and went looking for her two or three days later. She snorted, and dropped the subject. "Ah, don't be so mean, Titus," she said, waving a hand dismissively. "They can claim the land all they wan; it doesn't make it theirs. I can claim this piece of dirt,"she said, bending down to pick some up, and letting it fall back to the ground.

"But it doesn't make it mine, does it?"She smirked. "Let them think what they want, okay?"She thought it was hilarious that he was acting the way he was. Even if he didn't mean it, it almost seemed like he was being protective over she and Berry. He was happy enough to let them use his (or what she thought it was) real name, and seemed content to tell them what they wanted to know, and hold a civil conversation with them; even acting concerned. But with the others...Well, he just didn't want them around, or want them near them, or...Basically just didn't like them.

It was rather cute, she thought. Her thoughts were interrupted, however, as a little kitty and a Sahound nearly charged into their camp. The kitty was staring at the fire before the Sahound told it that there were actually people here. She blinked, and, completely ignoring their introductions, grinned and squealed like a child who had just found their favorite toy.

"Oh!"she cried, and bent down to be at eye level with the kitty, before petting it with one slender hand. "Aren't you just the cutest little kitty!"She scratched him beneath the chin, looking delighted to see such a cute cat. "Yes, you are! You're so cute!"she cooed, trying to pick him up. Berry looked on, and nearly fell off the log he sat on as he was overcome with laughter.

[8]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Kayota » 03/16/2008 6:33 PM

Otho eyed the rude Lucain with distaste. He was supposed to bow, the moron! Or at least be a little polite and respectful. The cat was, after all, going to rule the world someday. Someday soon. And if the Lucain wanted to have a good position in the empire... he would give respect. Nonetheless, Otho remained silent, until he felt hands running through his fur and fingers tickling his chin. His back arched out of reflex, but he didn't purr. Instead, he gave a piercing glare, staring at the girl. Suddenly he felt hands beneath him, on his belly, the worst place of all to be touched. DON'T PICK ME UP. He hissed at the girl, his claws extending from their sheaths to aim themselves at her arm. Oh, how he hated to be picked up... he wanted to dig his claws into her soft flesh so badly. He growled at her, the sound rumbling up from deep within the confines of his chest. Oh, how he hated her...

Nod, meanwhile, was barely able to contain his laughter, a huge smirk on his face and his eyes screwed shut in concentration. He hated Otho with a passion, and seeing him humiliated like this was really something. He finally couldn't hold back anymore and burst out laughing, nearly falling off his own feet with the force of it. His sides shook as the sound came out, and it was several minutes before he stopped, tears now staining his fur. With a contented sigh he flopped down on the ground, laying stretched out on his side, and waited to see what would happen next. He really couldn't tell, with Otho... the feline was crazy.
ImageImage
Valencia---Otho
[/center]
Kayota
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jslilblesn » 03/17/2008 2:53 PM

Ooc: Arg! Now I have to type even more! Post coming, but will take a while...
<center>A Hollow Aries gallops by with a devil girl on his back.
ImageImageImage
My Pen:My Barracks
Thank you BaalsBaby for my avatar! :D</center>
Jslilblesn
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 82
Donate

Postby Jslilblesn » 03/19/2008 10:39 AM

Detergent was surprised at Sammy's sudden niceness, but not to seem too wishy-washy, he kept hanging up clothes with his Cuniflare friend. Instead he just listened. Of course it was Lint who spoke up first. I've never seen any Moonlings here, he said, Never even heard of 'em but I know someone who has, and wants to draw them herself. How about- The Bleached Leebra knew exactly what Lint was going to say. He was about to stop him, but two more pets came. Oh why can't they all just get off our property! he screamed inside. Lint dropped the shirt he was about to hand to Detergent, and hopped near the campfire. Oh the more the merrier! he said happily, hopping about. Detergent flew down and was now sitting behind the Cuniflare, waving his front paws wildly and saying no by making "mm-mm!"sounds the whole time Lint was speaking. Of course, the Cuniflare intentionally ignored the Leebra. How about, Lint said, We all go back to our house, get a nice hot meal, and you can spend the night? How does that sound? You can sleep in Kai's room! Angrily, Detergent ran up beside Lint. But Kai sleeps in Kai's room! he protested. Kai hasn't come back in a while, Lint stated, Neither has his Tali. It would only be fair to these people. Detergent looked puzzled for a moment, then came up with another excuse. But we already have about 20 mouths to feed! Actually it would be just about as many mouths if Jaim, Indian, Halloween, and Valentine were here, so it'll be fine. Detergent hung his head low, admitting defeat. Lint blew raspberries at him for a moment and then went back over to the dropped shirt. The Bleached Cuniflare put it in the basket and dragged it over. Well, what do ya say? It's better than staying out here isn't it? It's supposed to get a bit chilly tonight and rain early tomorrow morning. Plus...we have cable! He looked over to the sobbing Leebra. Hey, sour puss, help me with this will ya? Lint said, dragging the basket full of clothes along.
ImageImageImage
Jslilblesn
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kayota » 03/24/2008 7:02 PM

[I have a plot that needs to get moving and I'm this | | close to just doing 3 posts by myself and having my chars leave if Millie and Elliot don't post soon]
ImageImage
Valencia---Otho
[/center]
Kayota
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fish » 03/24/2008 10:35 PM

OOC: Hey Kay, Millie went to Disneyland. She said that a couple of days before she left and she asked us to withhold our posts till she got back. That's why I haven't posted. Alright, mine has been posted, but it's a bit short and done not to the best... I was being lazy. DX

Titus was suspicious about her answer. The way she responded seemed to him as if it wasn't true. He wanted to probe further into the discussion, but he refused. He didn't like people getting in his business, and to do so would make him be a hypocrite. Instead he held interest to her answer about the land. At least she was sort of on his side. He would have even smirked about it, but he didn't.
He sighed and gave up. "Fine, it's not like I live here."If he had he would have continued on going about the subject. Even though it still irritated him, he deceased into further action. None of it would have ended well anyway.

Then he noticed Sammy go up to...Otho. He watched her pet the Doom Kitty, how she squealed over its 'cuteness'. He was unable to share in her excitement; in fact he found the creature with little interest: To him, it was more like food. Titus rolled his green eyes. People seemed attracted to the strangest things nowadays.

The Lucain stood
((Too lazy to read back and see if he was sitting or not. >>)) when he notice Otho extend his claws. His lips pulled back, ready for a snarl. He didn't snarl, but he still flashed his fangs their way. Yet, he stayed put. He wasn't about to attack or make a big deal about the thing: For it was Sammy's own fault for picking it up. Nobody would know how it would end up reacting: An exact reason as to why not too. He grunt and sat back down, turning his attention to the Bleached duo.
It seemed the Cuniflare...Whatever its name was...had asked for them to come to their house. Without even a second thought he responded: "I'm fine where I am."

Edit: Post: 6
OOC #2: I'm sorry Kay. I do believe Millie should be coming soon.

"Careful... I'm contagious."

PENWISHLIST

I used to be Elliot.
Fish
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 130
Donate

Postby Kayota » 03/25/2008 12:46 AM

Okay. >.<
ImageImage
Valencia---Otho
[/center]
Kayota
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jslilblesn » 03/25/2008 5:37 PM

Ooc: I shall be leaving soon too, though not until April. It's only for 6 days. I shall post it on the whole site as the time draws near. I do hope you will be kind enough to do for me what you did for Millie (don't worry, the real me isn't as mean as my charrie me or some of my pets ;)).
ImageImageImage
Jslilblesn
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kayota » 03/28/2008 7:56 PM

[I HAVE to get these 3 posts finished, so I'll be making 3 posts on my own and leaving the thread.]
ImageImage
Valencia---Otho
[/center]
Kayota
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kayota » 03/28/2008 8:09 PM

No, we aren't going to go to your house, the cat snarled mentally. He wriggled his way out from the grasp of the girl. I, in fact, am going home. He darted off into the forest, and Nod, baffled, watched him go. "Okay... that was weird." He sat by the fire and watched it with boredom.
ImageImage
Valencia---Otho
[/center]
Kayota
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kayota » 03/30/2008 3:34 PM

Suddenly Nod stood, sniffing at the air. "You know what, I should go home too. This place is really... weird..." The darkness had begun to bother him, for some reason, it was making him restless and uneasy. He stretched his body and then turned and started to trot off into the distance after Otho.
ImageImage
Valencia---Otho
[/center]
Kayota
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kayota » 03/30/2008 3:38 PM

He caught up with Otho after alternating between walking and running for several yards. Otho, of course, wasn't too happy to have the great oaf with him again, but he tolerated it. They walked home together.

[Ok, my last 3 posts sucked, but I need to gtfo of here >.<]
ImageImage
Valencia---Otho
[/center]
Kayota
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/30/2008 3:43 PM

Sammy smiled when she managed to pick Otho up, but frown in disappointment as he wriggled out of her grasp. Aww, she really loved kitties. It was a shame, really. He seemed quite bitter. Placing her hands on her hips, she stared down at them as Berry dissolved into chittering laughter. Her gaze drifted to Detergent and Lint. "Someone else who wants to draw them?"she asked, blinking slowly. "Really? I'd love to meet them."Titus had managed to slip in a vicious looking snarl when Otho had nearly scratched the heck out of her. She wondered where that came from. Aw, the big softie.

She was growing more and more fond of him as time went on. She tilted her head and made her way back to her log-chair, before sitting down with Berry gathered on her lap. "Oh, I don't want to impose. we're fine where we are. I've got a tent, a sleeping bag, and some food. So we should be all right." She smiled at the two Bleached pets, long hair bouncing around her shoulders. She patted Berry on the back, the little creature purring like an oversized cat. A rustling caught her attention, and she jerked her head sharply upwards, only to catch a glimpse of brown, tan and ivory fur.

In the next moment, a large Lucain stepped out of the brush, growling to himself, and looking quite annoyed. "There ya are,"he grumbled, his voice a deep, pleasant baritone. "Ah've been lookin' all over for ya. Yer aunts are worried 'bout ya. Ya shouldn't dissappear like that." He sounded like...Sammy blinked. Oh dear, here it goes. He sounded like a polite gangster. She chuckled, and placed one hand on her head. "Really now? I didn't know I was missing, Jazz."

The now mentioned Lucain gave her a  hard look, before his gaze swept across the clearing. "Who're these guys?" he asked, eyeing each one suspiciously. He eased himself closer to the girl, and sat down by the log, looking entirely in his element. "You know,"Sammy said suddenly. "This has been one weird day. First Titus shows up and scares the bejeezers outta me...Then some nice Bleached pets pop up and start hanging laundry...Then the pretty little kitty and...His Sahound friend show up, and just don't want to be petted. And now you, Jazz, have basically popped out of nowhere. What is the deal?"

Jazz blinked his blue eyes, looking silently amused. "Ah don' know wha' the deal is, but it sounds like ya've had a strange day.  Ah'm just th' prize at the bottom a' the box." He chuckled, and then went back to eyeing the rest of their party. "So, who're they?"

[9]
{1}

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

PreviousNext