A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Re: .The Dark Side of the Moon. (Moonling Hunt, open)

Postby Kittyms » 01/11/2009 8:03 PM

"Well," Edward said, trying to stall, then he plunged right into it. "I guess you could say that I have this condition where.. my body is really cold and my heart barely beats if at all. Also, I can eat only blood. Nothing else sates my hunger. I wasn't always like this, though..." he said with a sigh.

As soon as Vandi left, Eva laid back her head and relaxed, eyes half closed. To her annoyance, however, she couldn't fall asleep because of the light. Wait, she thought, her eyes snapping open. This is a cave! How is there light? Instantly, her eyes flashed over to where Hannibal was standing. "You!" she snarled.

[Hannibal: 23, Eva: 23, Edward: 23]

Kitty's Breedables------The Menagerie
"Control yourself; take only what you need from it." ~Kids by MGMT
Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 986
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/11/2009 9:05 PM

"Why did it happen?" He asked. He wasn't that surprised though; he had heard stranger stories.

Vandi walked back into the caves, leaves in her mouth. Once she got back to where Eva and Hannibal were, she noticed that Eva saw him. "Er, here...just chew these. Their juices should help." She dropped the leaves next to Eva, hoping that she was distracting her from Hannibal.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 01/12/2009 6:13 PM

"Well, when I was young I..." Edward started, then he stopped himself, one paw clapped over his mouth. With a sheepish expression, he explained, "I can't tell you. I'm sorry." Turning away from Grim, he let out the breath he had been holding. That was way too close! he thought. Lord Maurdevol definitely would have had my hide for that one.

"Oh," the Fellox said simply, when Vandi returned. She started chewing the leaves, all the while glaring daggers at Hannibal. The Kasuga shifted uncomfortably under her gaze, but didn't abandon them. As soon as she had finished chewing the leaves to a pulp, Eva fixed the Kasuga in her eyes, and growled, "I will deal with you as soon as I've healed. Let me tell you that what you did will not go unpunished." There was a deadly glow in her eyes as she spoke.

[Hannibal: 24, Eva: 24, Edward: 24]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/13/2009 6:07 PM

Grim looked at Edward curiously. It seemed as if he was afraid of someone finding out that he told. But how would said being know? Grim looked away from Edward, appearing to study the path in front of him, while he was really thinking. The fact that Edward wasn't able to tell him what happened only made him more curious.

Vandi looked from Eva to Hannibal. "Er...what did he do? If you don't mind my asking, that is."

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 01/13/2009 7:32 PM

In an attempt to resist further temptation, Edward decided to change the topic. He hated not being able to tell Grim, but what could he do? His master's power was beyond belief, and he certainly did not want to be on the receiving end of his punishment. "Wow, this tunnel is very huge. I wonder how it was created and how far it extends?" he said, staring up at the cave walls.

"What did he do?!" Eva shrieked. "Ruined my beautiful body is what! Abandoned Edward and I! Disobeyed my authority! You traitor!!!!!" she yelled at Hannibal, her powerful voice echoing in the tunnel. It gave the Kasuga goosebumps and he shivered in his skin.

"I can explain,"  he said, attempting to stay calm as the Fellox glared him down with her fiery eyes. "I had a reason for my actions."

[Hannibal: 25, Eva: 25, Edward: 25 -- level up for all]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/13/2009 9:47 PM

Grim nodded. "I wonder that too." He was still thinking about their previous conversation which he found rather interesting.

Vandi looked towards Eva. "Well he also quite possible saved your life. You might not survived the loss of blood if he hadn't wrapped that on your head." She turned to look at Hannibal. "Alright, I'm listening."

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 01/14/2009 6:00 PM

"It doesn't appear artificial," Edward continued, rambling on. "It looks natural." He brushed one paw along the wall, then flinched as he accidentally scraped it on a sharp piece of rock. Examining it, he saw that the pad was slightly scratched and bleeding. He swiftly licked it clean, then continued walking, with his injured paw held slightly off the ground. "It's scratched but I can still walk with three legs," he said.

"I need to be alive again," Hannibal said simply. "My master promised that he would grant my body life once again if I served him well. I was hoping that if I got ahead and caught a Moonling all by myself, he would reward me richly. But at this point, it doesn't look like that's going to happen..." he said, hanging his head sadly.

"What is this on my head?" Eva growled, and started scratching at the Kasuga skin bound around her wound. "Is this Hannibal's skin?" she screeched in horror, and started to rub her head on the ground in an attempt to get it off.

[Hannibal: 26, Eva: 26, Edward: 26]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/14/2009 6:09 PM

Grim nodded absentmindedly. He didn't seem to care much about how the cave was made; he was much more interested in attempting to find a moonling.

"Stop that!" Vandi said rather harshly. "You need that so you don't lose too much blood." She added, her voice sounding a bit softer. She then turned to Hannibal and nodded understandingly. "Well why do you need to be alive so badly?" She questioned.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 01/15/2009 4:09 PM

Seeing that his attempts at starting conversation were failing, Edward shut up. Biting his lip to make sure that he didn't accidentally spill any deadly secrets, he looked around with his keen eyes.

"Why should I?" was Eva's reply to Vandi. But she stopped scratching at the skin and sat still, her blazing eyes on Hannibal.

"Why is it so important for you to be alive?" the Kasuga retorted. "I have never felt the joys of being alive. In this dead, stagnant body my mind is tainted and confused. I will never truly be alive unless my body is brought back. Just look at me... I'm so ugly. But once I'm sure we Kasugas were beautiful. I just want to go back to the way things were."

[Hannibal: 27, Edward: 27, Eva: 27]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/15/2009 7:08 PM

Grim also remained silent. He was far from the talkative type.

"I'm sorry, I thought you wanted to live." Vandi smirked and raised an eyebrow at Eva. She looked at Hannibal and considered what he said. She nodded thoughtfully. "Well there is more to beauty than looks." She offered a small reassuring smile.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 01/20/2009 7:42 PM

After a while, Edward's fur started to prickle and he felt uncomfortable. He didn't like to walk in silence, so he decided to try starting a conversation again. "So... do you travel much?"

Eva gave the Slynx a glare. "Not if it means having to see this sludgebag every day," she growled softly, looking at Hannibal. But the fire seemed to have gone from her and she lay limply, exhaustion causing her limbs to tremble.

The Kasuga nodded. "I know, but it just doesn't feel right. I need to be alive. Without that goal, I have no reason to go on living my miserable existence." He would have returned Vandi's smile, but he had no lips with which to grin.

[Hannibal: 28, Edward: 28, Eva: 28]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/22/2009 7:36 PM

Grim shook his head. "No, not often. Do you?" Grim had no problem with silence but he didn't mind talking either. Sometimes he did, but he thought Edward seemed alright.

"That 'sludgebag' saved you." Vandi said with a hint of a growl. She wasn't necessarily mad at Eva but she didn't understand how she could be so ungrateful. She then nodded understandingly to Hannibal. "I guess that makes sense."

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 01/22/2009 10:41 PM

"Not really," Edward said, sighing. "But I wish I could go out and see the world some more. Unfortunately.. this condition keeps me handicapped. I can't go for too long a time or I will begin to get hungry again."

"Hmphh..." The Fellox turned away, covering her eyes with one paw. It was clear that her strength was completely gone. The strenuous day had drained her completely, and she just wanted to close her eyes and sleep.

Hannibal nodded gratefully to Vandi. "Thank you for agreeing with me." He turned to Eva and said, "I hope that you can come to forgive me someday." His only reply was a muffled snore, and the Kasuga chuckled inwardly. "I guess she just wore herself out."

[Hannibal: 29, Eva: 29, Edward: 29]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/23/2009 3:30 PM

"The human I am often with says the same thing. I guess it could be nice to see some new places." Grim replied, thinking. He was just fine with where he lived but he didn't mind traveling either.

Vandi chuckled as well and sat down across from Hannibal. "I supposed so." She smiled. Hopefully Eva would forgive him even after what he did.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 01/23/2009 7:58 PM

"I think everyone dreams of traveling and finding a better place," the Slynx said, chuckling. "It's just nature I guess. Personally, I would love to move to my own private island up north somewhere. Living it on my own... that would be great." He smiled briefly, then frowned as he remembered that he would still need a constant supply of blood.

The Kasuga shifted hooves. "I suppose I should probably take her over to Edward. He can keep her safe for me. I still need to find a Moonling." Lowering his neck, he scooped the Fellox's body up in his antlers. "Do you want to come with me?" he asked as he started back up the cavern, following the trail of Eva's blood.

[Hannibal: 30, Eva: 30, Edward: 30 -- level up]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext