A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

.The Dark Side of the Moon. (Finished)

Postby Kittyms » 04/29/2008 6:00 PM

ImageImageImage
.:Eva, Edward and Hannibal:.

A celestial voice rose above the dark shadows of the trees, floating into the atmosphere. Creatures all around paused their tasks to listen, and each felt as if their heart were lifted. In a small clearing, a female Void Fellox stood regally, one paw on her chest, mouth open, pouring her heart into song.

Nearby, a Slynx and Kasuga stood patiently waiting. Finally, the Chaos-colored feline broke the silence. "Eva, I don't think your voice alone is going to attract Moonlings. We'll have to search for them ourselves. Lord Maurdevol said so himself."

Eva's jaws snapped shut, and the heavenly sound was extinguished in an instant. Turning to the Slynx, her lip rose into a snarl. "Don't forget who is in charge here, Edward. If I wish to sing, I will. In this instance I will follow your advice, but don't expect me to comply so willingly in the future. And if you ever question my authority, I will destroy you. I don't care if you're a vampire or not, you can still be killed. And let me assure you that you will not be missed by anyone." Sticking her pointed nose into the air, the Fellox began to stride away from the other two creatures.

Heaving a sigh, Edward followed. "Come on Hannibal. Let's see if we can track down a Moonling. The master may finally reward you if we complete this quest successfully." The Kasuga nodded eagerly, hope welling in his decayed heart. He couldn't fail this mission. This could be his chance to finally get his wish granted.

"Hurry up you two," Eva growled over her shoulder. "It's easy to get lost in this jungle." Obediently, Edward and Hannibal sped up until they were walking single file behind their leader.

[Eva: 1, Edward: 1, Hannibal: 1]

EDIT: Closed

Kitty's Breedables------The Menagerie
"Control yourself; take only what you need from it." ~Kids by MGMT
Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 986
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 05/07/2008 7:10 PM

The little group was silent as they trekked through the jungle. Finally, tired of keeping his mouth shut, Edward growled, "Where are we going?" He had noticed that Eva did not seem to be following any set path, and often switched directions without any explanation.

"I know where we're going. That is all you need to know," the Fellox replied haughtily. But the Slynx had caught the faint nervous twitch of her ears when he asked the question.

"You don't know, do you?" he cried, horrified. Behind him, Hannibal stopped, too, and pawed the ground with one flaming hoof. "For all you know, we could be going in circles!" The vampire bared his fangs in anger. "I knew you weren't a good leader! Look what you've done?! We might never get out of here now!"

In a flash, Eva was at Edward's throat, one sharp foreclaw gently pressing the fur next to his jugular. "Do not... ever... question my leadership again. Are we clear?" The Chaos Slynx nodded mutely, and with a snarl, she released him. "I know where I'm going," she said, though she didn't sound as confident as she usually did. Nevertheless, she whirled and began stubbornly pushing her way through the undergrowth.

With a sigh, Edward followed, rubbing his throat ruefully. "That was close," he whispered. "She has one short temper."

The Kasuga nodded. "I fear that she's making this mission harder than it needs to be. I think we should dispose of her as soon as possible and get on with our task." He said this matter-of-factly in a quiet voice.

[Eva: 2, Edward: 2, Hannibal: 2]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jenso » 05/30/2008 7:48 PM

Tilden Vaclav & Fabienne Hachi

Tilden Vaclav walked with a majestic and proud stride, his chiselled head held high with his muzzle tilted up just a little. Wisps of being escaped him with each step, his twin tails snaking through the air independently as he walked on in silence. To the right of the path the playful Fabienne Hachi was trying, and failing, to catch some sort of insect. Her glossy red-pink coat flashed in the air, her wings loose behind her. Tilden cringed as she caught her wings on a tree, struggled for a moment, fell with an unceremonious thud, and then barked. His ears pressed back against his cranium momentarily and his eyes closed tight and bunched up in irritation. With a sigh he opened his eyes again and glanced over to the ditsy Yonyuu.
"Fabienne,"he began, his voice deep and strong. "Keep on the path."She laughed and shook her head, leaping nimbly over some more foliage and logs until she disappeared into the woodland. He shook his head and grumbled to himself. Why had he taken her with him? He supposed he found it impossible to leave her behind; at least she stopped him from getting bored. If only she would stop being so childish!
"Oof!"He snarled as he tripped over her; she had darted out in front of his mitts after yet another bug and he had stumbled over her. He straightened up and shook, his lips tight and his eyes shining with embarrassment. He looked extremely sore at having been embarrassed so and turned on the rogue she-thing. "Fabienne!"He snarled, this time with frightening conviction. "Why do I let you come with me? You've been nothing but a hindrance! Calm yourself or I'll leave you to fester in these woods!"

Fabienne's wings fell limp at her sides and she cowed down before his powerful frame.
"Sorry, Tilden. It's just all so new and fun! I'll try to be good, I promise!"
She let her tail lift and waved it through the air like a hope-filled white flag. Her purple-pink eyes looked up, all big and nervous, as she waited. She was suspended a little awkwardly on her ankles and hoped that, at the very least, she could move quite soon.
"Hmm..."He still seemed sceptical but turned around anyway and carried on walking. She straightened up and, still looking a little sheepish, began to trot along behind him.
Jenso
Pets | Items

Postby MythicDusk » 06/01/2008 4:51 PM

A Chaos albie trekked along the forest path. Her crimson eyes glaring at every shadow. her horns gleamed and she sighed, the tuft of fur 'pon her head was obscuring her view, not what she needed. Especialy not in a place like this. Her red-streaked haunches and foreleg rippled with her steely grey pelt. Her white underbelly was streaked with mud. Her tufted ears lay back upon her head, her large, black nose scenting too many different scents, but one stood out. Fellox. she half hated that scent, but under these curcamstances, she loved it.

She picked up her pace, seing a Fellox and Yonyuu come into sights, she didnt stop, she simply shouted 'Hey! wait up!' her paws screaming for her to stop, she had been walking for too long... She finally stumbled with a gentle 'Oof!' but she quickly scrambled back up and resumed her speedy pace towards them.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Jenso » 06/01/2008 5:00 PM

Tilden span around, bristling and preparing for a conflict. Fabienne jumped around, panting and freeing herself of her former, submissive stance. Her tail was freed into the air like a banner of excitement.
"Hi!" She yipped, pleasantly, but Tilden snarled at her angrily and stepped across her path to 'protect' her. He lowered his head and his lips writhed threateningly.
"Who are you?" He spat, fur on his haunches lifting with hostility. His twin tails arched over his back dominantly, the smoke of life that escaped from the seams of his shoulders and tail ends clouding the air and almost hiding the Yonyuu completely as Tilden shook with ferocity.
Jenso
Pets | Items

Postby MythicDusk » 06/02/2008 12:07 PM

Her head lowred as she halted before them, kicking up a small flurry of undegrowth and she snarled herlsef, drawing her claws, her grimson eyes glinting as she arched her neck, tensing her worn mucles to launch herself forward if needed to protect herslef and she growled, tail high in a slight wolven stance, her ears pricked as she growled. "My name is Beatrix, I called to you for help, not hinderance." She had learnt, in her times as a wild creature, do not turn your back on a creature, as you may get a few teeth stuck in your haunches.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jenso » 06/02/2008 4:59 PM

"My name is Beatrix, I called to you for help, not hinderance."

"You interrupt us and then say you want help. How, exactly, are we hindering you?" Tilden's lips wrinkled.
Fabienne yipped angrily, "calm down, Tilden! I don't think she meant it like that." He growled but said nothing else, leading Fabienne to believe that he was not too upset and knew she was right really. She straightened up and stepped forward a little, stretching her forelegs as they waited for the Albie to reply.
Jenso
Pets | Items

Postby MythicDusk » 06/02/2008 5:18 PM

She panted, legs parted. "I said wrong, I know, but look, I'm looking for my owner, I'm completley lost, and all I want to know is if you'vew seen her anywhere near here." She winced and shook one of her paws, attempting to stop them hurting.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 06/10/2008 1:42 PM

She flicked her tail gently, her head rearing as she looked at the sky with her crimson gaze. She flicked her ears, sneering gently and then swinging her head, knowing she wouldn't get a reply from these two, she continued past them, beginning to pick up her pace into a run.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 06/10/2008 1:47 PM

Beatrix keeped her running pace, wanting to find her way out of this place, panting and listening to her paws thump against the undergrowth. she sa the blaring light ahead. She saw two bridges and she instantly thought 'Home'.  She sprinted towards the bridges. Her mucles screaming protest, but she continued to run. She thought to herself 'GoodBYE Tengel!' As she ran home.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jenso » 07/07/2008 3:29 PM

Tilden huffed as the Albie raced off, turning on his heels to lead the way.
"Let's find water," he suggested. They padded at a much slower pace than the other creature or, at least, Tilden did. Fabienne pranced off ahead. She new the forest considerably better than Tilden and he couldn't help but to chuckle as she appeared and disappeared up ahead, bouncing in the long grass.
"Come on, hurry up! There's a spring, spring, spring!" She chimed, words matching her steps.
Jenso
Pets | Items

Postby Jenso » 07/07/2008 3:33 PM

They drank from the little spring before moving on, journeying for half a day in a slightly different direction to the Albie until they reached the end of the forest.
"C'mon, Fabienne," Tilden said, heading out of Tengel.
"Goodbye Tengel!" Fabienne yipped, wagging her tail in a sort of wave. Tilden sighed and rolled his eyes, smiling just a little at her light-heartedness and continuing on his path.
Jenso
Pets | Items

Postby Kittyms » 07/28/2008 4:03 PM

Eva froze, her muzzle lifted into the air. There were the old scents of Albie, Fellox and Yonyuu still hanging in the air. From their age, she conjectured that the creatures had already left the forest. Frustrated, she clawed the ground. "Look what you've done, you two! If we had gone faster we might have found help. Edward? Hannibal?" Not hearing a reply, she whirled around to see that neither of them was following her. In fact, when she sniffed around, she discovered that they had veered away from her a while back. Snarling, the Fellox found their scent and followed it, nose to the ground with the determination of a Bloodhound.

"Do you think we're far enough away now?" Hannibal asked as he and Edward crossed yet another stream in an attempt to make their pursuer lose their scent. The Kasuga and Slynx had slipped away while she was distracted and planned to find the Moonling on their own.

[Eva: 3, Edward: 3, Hannibal: 3]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 08/06/2008 10:08 AM

"Yeah, probably," Edward said, glancing back to make sure that she wasn't actually right behind them. Little did he know that she was already hot on their trail. Catching no sight of her, he continued walking. "I wonder where we would find a Moonling..." he puzzled, looking around.

"I'm really sorry," Hannibal said, suddenly stopping. Confused, Edward stopped, too, and looked back at his companion. As usual, there was no readable expression on the Kasuga's skull.

"For what?" the Slynx asked. Hannibal took a few steps forward - then swung around and knocked Edward in the head with one flaming back hoof. He slumped to the ground, eyes closed, and blood welling from a small cut on his head.

"For that," the Kasuga said. He quickly sniffed Edward over to make sure he wasn't hurt bad enough to die, then continued walking. Something deep inside him felt guilty for hurting his companion like that, but he had no choice. He, Hannibal, had to be the one who found a Moonling all on his own. Otherwise their master might not grant him his wish. Once I'm alive, I'll make it up to Edward, he thought.

[Eva: 4, Edward: 4, Hannibal: 4]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Continuing the Pursuit of a Moonling

Postby Kittyms » 10/12/2008 4:26 PM

Rotten, conniving little... Eva fumed, her eyes blazing as she followed Edward and Hannibal's scent. When I find them, they're going to wish they'd never been born! She threw back her head and screamed piercingly into the muggy, jungle air. Her quarry was near. The Fellox broke into a run, and burst into a clearing. Edward was lying near the edge of the clearing, a small trickle of blood oozing out of a wound on his head. "What on earth?" she said, walking over and sniffing the Slynx all over. "Looks like Hannibal pulled a fast one on him." She sneered, then bit Edward's shoulder. Hard.

"Oww," Edward howled, waking suddenly from the pain in his shoulder. He sprang to his feet, then fell over on his side again, his head throbbing dully. Eva released her teeth from his shoulder, and sat back, a sadistic grin on her face.

"Wakey, wakey, sleepy head," she said, and the Slynx groaned. His shoulder was bleeding badly now, and when he touched his throbbing head tenderly with a paw, it came away with more blood on it. At this rate, he worried that he would have to return to his Master disgraced. Obviously it was Eva who had bitten his shoulder, but wasn't it Hannibal who had caused the head wound? Edward ground his teeth and vowed to give that Kasuga a piece of his mind the next time he saw him.

The Kasuga in question was at that moment picking his way through a bunch of vines. Hannibal's keen eyes scanned the surrounding vegetation for the slightest sign of movement from a Moonling. There was a slight rustle by a fern and he froze to fix it in his sights, but it was only a small shrew. Disappointed, he continued his lonely quest.

[Hannibal: 5, Eva: 5, Edward: 5]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next