A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Re: .The Dark Side of the Moon. (Moonling Hunt, open)

Postby Carlie » 01/25/2009 1:02 PM

Grim nodded. "I suppose that would be nice." He was thinking about Edward's first statement. He didn't necessarily want to travel that much, although there was probably some truth to what he said.

"Alright." Vandi said. "I need to find a friend of mine too. Maybe I'll see him."

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 01/28/2009 11:26 AM

Edward smiled and nodded in reply. He was starting to like the Bleeder and felt really bad that he couldn't tell Grim everything. All of the secrets the Slynx had to hold inside were starting to ache and he longed so much to just confess in someone. But he knew that if he did that, he would be dead, brainwashed or worse before he could do anything.

"All right. Let's go then," Hannibal said. He followed the trail of blood all the way back to the place where he and Eva had split ways from Edward. Looking around, he saw the other tunnel. "I guess they must have gone down there," he said, looking at the ground. But the ground was solid rock and no pawprints had been left. However, there was some blood, presumably from the Bleeder, leading that way.

[Hannibal: 31, Eva: 31, Edward: 31]

Kitty's Breedables------The Menagerie
"Control yourself; take only what you need from it." ~Kids by MGMT
Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 986
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/28/2009 4:10 PM

Grim looked around him, back to looking for a Bleeder. After a few moments, he glanced up at Edward and then back in front of himself. He could tell that the Slynx felt uneasy and he was curious as to why. He seemed to be holding something back...

Noticing the blood, Vandi grinned. "Bleeder blood. The guy I'm looking for is a Bleeder. I wonder if he met up with your friend." Vandi said, sounding slightly curious. She thought it unlikely that they were traveling together- Grim usually preferred to be alone. But you never know.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 02/04/2009 6:38 PM

The Slynx paused, his mouth open, drawing in the scents. "It seems that we have company coming," Edward said, looking back. "Hannibal, Eva and a strange Slynx whose scent I don't recognize." To his relief, Eva did not smell as much like fresh blood and he was able to contain his hunger.

"Well I do remember seeing a Bleeder, but I was kind of in a hurry to leave. It was a Void Bleeder. I don't know if it went with Edward or separated from him, but I think that it's worth checking down here for him." Hannibal adjusted Eva's body gently so that she was more secure, then started down the tunnel, his hooves clopping noisily against the ground.

[Hannibal: 32, Eva: 32, Edward: 32]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 02/07/2009 12:25 AM

Slynx? Grim thought, wondering who it could be. He did not know that Vandi had decided to join them.

Vandi heard the sound of movement ahead and knew they were getting close. She could now see a faint glow, most likely coming from the bleeder. "That you Grim?" She called out into the tunnel.

Grim looked in the direction of Vandi, Hannibal, and Eva after hearing Vandi. "That is my...friend.", He explained to Edward. He was always rather hesitant to call someone his friend. He believed that most would betray him and it took a lot to earn his trust.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 02/12/2009 5:55 PM

"Pleased to meet you," Edward said, bowing elegantly to the female Slynx. "My name is Edward. What is yours?" His smile faded as he watched Hannibal walk over, Eva held gently in his antlers.

"Do you think you could take care of her for me?" the Kasuga asked, gently laying Eva down on the ground. "I want to go on and see if I can find a Moonling. It would mean a lot to me, Edward. Please," he added seeing the angry look the Slynx was giving him. Looking around, he noticed Grim standing there. "Could you make sure that he watches Eva?" he asked, already backing away down the tunnel.

[Hannibal: 33, Edward: 33, Eva: 33]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 02/22/2009 11:50 AM

Vandi smiled. "You too. The name's Vandi." She saw his smile fade and followed his gaze to Eva. She gave him a reassuring smile. "She'll be alright. Don't worry."

Grim nodded. "Alright, I suppose I can."

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 02/23/2009 10:31 PM

"That's good," Edward said, and walked over to inspect Eva. He sniffed her over, noticing the scrap of Kasuga skin bound around her head. "Wow, you actually got her to keep that bandage on?" he asked in amazement. "I never would've expected that."

"Thank you so much," Hannibal said to Grim, then turned and started to head back down the tunnel, his head hanging low.

"Wait," the Slynx called out and Hannibal froze. "How are we supposed to transport Eva? She's far too big for me to carry. Why don't you stay and look for the Moonling with us? It would be easier than searching for it by yourself.. and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kind of miss your company." Edward looked away from the Kasuga then his piercing slitted eyes fixed on Hannibal's once more. "So what do you say?"

Hannibal paused, indecisive. He turned his skull head toward Grim and Vandi. "Would you two mind if I stayed? I was getting rather lonely searching by myself."

[Hannibal: 34, Edward: 34, Eva: 34]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 02/26/2009 8:13 PM

"That would be fine, I suppose." Grim wasn't sure, he didn't know Hannibal. Not only that, but he was the one who betrayed Edward's friend. Although it seemed that he also helped to care for her. Grim was slightly confused although Edward seemed to want him with them, he couldn't be too bad.

Vandi smiled. "Sure, fine with me." Hannibal seemed nice enough. It would be nice for him to search with them. "Plus having more people to look should make it easier."

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 02/28/2009 7:05 PM

"Good, then it's settled," Edward said, beaming. "Shall we continue on down this tunnel then?"  He got to his feet and began padding down the rocky tunnel. Glancing over his shoulder, he made sure that Hannibal was scooping up Eva into his antlers once more.

"Thank you very much  for giving me another chance," the Kasuga said. Finished positioning the Fellox, he followed after Edward. He gave Grim a curious glance. The Bleeder seemed to be of a rather withdrawn personality, and he wondered what was going through his head.

Then, at the worst time possible, Eva woke up. One quick cursory look revealed to her what was going on and her eyes snapped fully open. She struggled to her feet, but slipped in between the two antlers. She scrabbled desperately, trying to grab unto the tines with her teeth but it was too late and she fell to the ground, landing heavily on  her side.

[Hannibal: 35, Edward: 35, Eva: 35 -- level up]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 03/02/2009 6:55 PM

"Alright, sure.", Vandi answered. She began following Edward down the tunnel, eyes scanning the rocky walls and ground around her. Grim noticed Hannibal's glance and returned it, also trying to figure him out. What he had heard and seen about the kasuga confused him a bit.

Vandi stopped suddenly when she heard Eva hit the ground, wincing slightly. That can't be good for her wound., she thought.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 03/03/2009 7:52 PM

"AAAAAAAGGGGHHH," Eva screamed. The wrapping on her head was starting to come off, and her wounds had begun to bleed again. "What did you think you were doing?!!" she spat at Hannibal, her face livid.

The Kasuga stood uncertainly, nervous under Eva's glare. "I-I thought you were asleep," he stammered. "I'm sorry I was just trying to move you."

As Eva began to bleed again, the fresh scent of blood wafted over to Edward. Before he could stop himself, he had begun to walk towards her, mouth half-open. "Stop!" he cried aloud by accident as he halted. He covered his mouth and nose with one paw and turned away. His stomach and throat began to burn with hunger, and it took all his self-restraint to prevent himself from launching himself at the Fellox right then.

[Hannibal: 36, Eva: 36, Edward: 36]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 03/08/2009 8:57 PM

Vandi jumped slightly when Eva screamed, quickly turning to face her. She began walking towards her, ready to fix the bandage, when she heard Edward yell 'stop'. "Er...stop what?", she questioned. She had an idea that he was talking to himself more than anything but that didn't make her any less curious.
Grim, on the other hand, noticed the way the smell of blood affected Edward. Was this what he was trying to hide? His pale green eyes studied him, trying to figure out what had just happened.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 03/18/2009 8:12 PM

Edward was panting heavily and his pupils were dilated. "Sorry.. talking to myself," he managed to gasp out. "Hurry.. blood.." He leaned over and began to dry heave onto the ground, so bad were the hunger pains now.

Finally something clicked in Hannibal's brain as he realized exactly what was going on with Edward. "Quickly, clean up the blood!" he cried, and leaping forward, began to wrap the bandage back on Eva's head. "We've got to stop the bleeding!"

"Hey," she grumbled, but surprisingly didn't struggle. She sensed the danger she was in. Eva looked over at where the Slynx was standing, and shivered. Something inside of her told her that she was going to die if they didn't get rid of the smell of blood. Now her wounds didn't even hurt, so icy was the chill that traveled down her spine.

[Hannibal: 37, Eva: 37, Edward: 37]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 03/25/2009 3:48 PM

Vandi ran over to Hannibal and Eva and helped them fix the bandage. She tied it even tighter this time to be safe. "What can we use to clean it up?", she wondered out loud. Grim couldn't think of a way to help, so he just watched the others, especially Edward. He wanted to ask why the blood did that to him but thought it best to remain silent.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext