A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Postby Kyrit » 11/24/2009 7:31 PM

(Not the best post, but I managed to get something out.)

Xirchez's eyes parted from the two Kuhnas he had been talking to for a moment, he looked over at Ratta to see how the Fellox was doing. He knew nothing of the joy that Tarot was now feeling since he wasn't part of the trio's little link, but he could tell that things weren't going horrible. It was nice to know that the two of them might get accepted somewhere without being used as tools. Well.. They were going to be helping Tarot and the others, but it was different than helping Malenov and Muska. 'Helping' those two was more of a task forced upon the two of them.

"We've been trying to find a placce to sstay." Ratta had his hideaway that he could always retreat to, but not even Xirchez knew where that place was. He believed the Fellox might have mentioned the place once or twice. Probably didn't ask if he'd like to come back there with him, but he had commented about it. Even if Ratta felt close enough to him to share such a place with him, the Chimerantula wouldn't have imposed on him. "Iss not easssy to find a placce exccepting me." It was easy to say that no one in town was particularly fond of either of them. Many people knew Ratta from his time with the other two, and even those that didn't know Xirchez didn't like him just for the sake of what he was.

Frowning slightly, Cyphor felt bad for the two of them. No one could choose what species they were born as, and it wasn't either of their fault that Malenov and Muska did the things they did. Maybe they would find a place traveling with them at least. Who knew. Maybe while the five of them were traveling together Xirchez and Ratta would find homes that would accept them even. The group probably wouldn't last forever after all.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Re: Continuing Our Quest

Postby Mojave » 08/10/2010 1:45 AM

Tarot let them visit for a few more minutes before taking command again, Okay, move out, guys. We've got to get under cover before it gets night out. He nodded to Ratta to take the lead, only just noticing his hesitation. What's wrong now?

Ratta switched his weight from one side to the other, staring down at the dirt between his paws with his ears laid back, "Nothing... Just... this place is the only place I feel safe. And I've never shared it with anyone. So it's sorta.. weird. And uncomfortable." His head jerked up so he could look at Tarot after he said this, his voice become worried and the tone almost hysterical, "Not that I don't trust you guys! Believe me, I trust you guys more than I trusted Malenov and Muska, believe me!"

Tarot hadn't been able to hide his shock at the fellox's sudden excitement and he laid his ears flat to shield them from Ratta's noise. Ratta, calm down. If this is your home and you don't feel comfortable taking us there, then that is your right. I won't force myself on anyone's hospitality and if we have to make our own shelter then so be it. Just say the word and calm down.

Ratta almost wilted at these words, not realizing how worried he had been of starting a fight until the danger was past. But his thoughts were kept from going any further when Kyruit spoke up in their link, Don't be a fool, Ratta. We had just as much of Malenov and Muska's sense of hospitality when they were alive. And we certainly don't wish to emulate them. So let's leave your home for your use for now and we'll set up camp here. The river isn't too far away anyway. And the insects don't seem to be too bad right here, for whatever reason.

So unless Cyphor and Xirchez have any objections, we should start setting up here or looking for a cave. What do you guys think? He turned to the last two of the group, still unaccustomed to being a leader of so many.
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Previous