A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Postby Mojave » 09/30/2008 2:48 PM

The hackles rose on Tarot's back as he glanced over his shoulder once more. You know.. I'm getting rather sick of this crap.

Kyruit stopped, looked between Tarot and Cyphor and growled. What is your problem? There is something going on you two aren't telling me about.

With a snarling bark, Tarot turned tail and charged into the underbrush they had just cleared.

He yelped as he saw Tarot charging at him. How the sahound saw him, he had no idea, but the smaller canine crashed into Ratta's chest, knocking him flat. His concentration on hiding himself faltered, and his pelt shifted to mimic a desert setting.

"Don't hurt me!" He whined, cowering on his belly, tails tucked under him.

Tarot snorted, but remained where he stood, looking down on the larger but cowardly fellox. What do YOU want? He snarled. He hadn't forgotten his ordeal in the town.

Kyruit hissed and leapt into a nearby tree, snarling and yowling at the offending fellox.

(yeah, you can. ^^)
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 10/14/2008 5:31 PM

Cyphor's maw had opened to finally let Kyruit know that they felt as though there was something watching over them, but this was quickly thrown aside as the Sahound went rushing forward. What on Evelon was he after? They hadn't caught sight of anything at all, so what was it?

Whoa! A Fellox?! Cyphor's eyes widened a bit, taking a few steps back just as the other feline found herself making for the tree. A... Mirage Fellox had been following them? How had Tarot noticed him? Maybe it was his scent? Better yet, who was this Fellox, and why had he been following after them?

Pushing away his fears of the canine seeing as how it was cowering, the Pure Kuhna took a few steps forward until he wasn't too far from Tarot. "Do you... know this guy?" he questioned, rather puzzled.
(M'kay. Once I find a good place I'll fling him in.)
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby Mojave » 10/14/2008 11:37 PM

Tarot's answer reverberated in the clearing, his snarling increasing in volume and his eyes blazing with hatred. Yes, I know him. I can never forget him, the cowardly mongrel! he shouted, lowering his head down to Ratta's snout, making sure the fellox heard him. After everything you did. Everything you almost did and could have done. How DARE you follow me?!

Kyruit fluttered out of her tree once she noticed Tarot had the fellox pinned. Snarling, she swiped the cowering canine across the face, her claws leaving gashes that let the offender's blood flow freely down his face.

Ratta yelped once when Tarot touched noses with him in such anger, and screamed when Kyruit sliced his snout open. "Please! I'm sorry, I swear!" He whimpered, and in a final hope to show them he wouldn't hurt them, rolled onto his back to expose his belly.

Kyruit would have taken him then, if Tarot hadn't snarled at her and put his foreleg between her and Ratta. He has exposed his belly. You know the rules of submission just as well as I do.

You trust him?! No. But neither will I stand by and watch the codes of conduct be broken. Kyruit hissed and retreated to Cyphor's side where she began to groom herself, starting with her bloodied paw.

Ratta, incredulous that the sahound had intervened, looked at the smaller canine standing above him. He didn't move from his position, but whined to inquire what Tarot intended to do with him.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 10/28/2008 7:32 PM

Cowardly mongrel? 'Everything you almost did and could have done'? The kuhna's amber eyes looked on in confusion. What had this Fellox done in his past run in with Tarot? Obviously it was something wrong and apparently not very brave... but curiosity was quite the bugger. His mind was pulled away from this though as he watched Kyruit's claws tear in to the delicate flesh of his face.

He tentatively took a step forward, wondering if it was within his place to speak up or not. Finally, his words drew from his mouth, "So what justice do you have in sneaking around and following us? Any honorable intentions wouldn't require you to hide from our site." For now he could just find out why this canine had been following them, and maybe later he'd figure out what had happened in the past. If he didn't find out that'd be fine but... well he really wanted to know, but didn't want to seem nosy.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 10/29/2008 1:48 AM

Tarot sat down where he stood, keeping his face right above Ratta's and his lips pulled back in a silent snarl. Since Cyphor's question was basically the same as his, but nicer, Tarot waited silently for Ratta to speak.

Kyruit, on the other hand, placed her freshly cleaned paw back down to the ground, ears swiveled forward and eyes locked on Ratta. She had closed the links to her own mind, whatever thoughts flying around in there blocked from all but her.

Ratta whined, terrified of righting himself. So from his vulnerable position, he related the story of how Tarot and Kyruit were captured by his boss Malinov, Malinov's right hand Muska, and himself. How they had been psychologically tormented and physically tortured by all three of them. Including himself. Finally, he told Cyphor about Malinov and Muska's deaths and his escape. "I knew if I stayed there, the townspeople would throw me out. I'm not so great on my own. And having a chimerantula with you doesn't help matters seeing as how most people are afraid of them. So I thought if I could convince Tarot and Kyruit that I'm sorry, and was only acting on Malinov's orders, they'd forgive me. It was a long shot, I know. But Xirchez and me can't go anywhere else."

Tarot and Kyruit looked between eachother, Tarot breaking the ensuing silence, Xirchez is with you?
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 01/25/2009 12:28 AM

Cyphor's ears hung down against his skull, listening to the story of all that had gone along when he had not been around. He doubted he could have really been any help to the two of them while they were all being tormented though, what with being a cat and all. He would've just been thrown in the cage alongside Kyruit and Tarot would've had to 'fight' with him as well. Or, since he didn't have such a connection to Tarot as the female Kuhna, the others would've forced him to let them have their fun with him. There was no way he'd have been able to fend them off.

His eyes turned to look in the direction Tarot had discovered the Fellox in, watching as the bushes began to rattle.

The Chimerantula finally moved out of the bushes, scurrying over to Ratta's side. "We are ssorry for hiding.. But I wass unssure if you would really be nice to Ratta after everything that hass happened. He hass been with me since the morning I left you two. I ran in to him on my way back through the town, and he hass ben with me ssince."

His beady eyes turned to look at the Ociame, and a smile came to his face if at all possible for a bug to smile. "You look a lot better already. Lookss like ssome rest did you well."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Continuing Our Quest

Postby Mojave » 02/08/2009 10:44 PM

Tarot took an involuntary step back at sight of Xirchez. He knew that this chimerantula would not harm them but the sight of his species always frightened him. Xirchez... Tarot stepped away from Ratta with one last glare, though he kept from snarling or any other show of hostility.

Kyruit's tail swayed behind her and she dipped her head in acknowledgment, a slight smile to her lips. Without Tarot's help, she could not form a mental link with Xirchez, and she knew Tarot would not- could not- leave himself so open to a creature that frightened him on such a primal level. She turned to Cyphor and nodded, I can't speak to him directly. Can you tell him I said hi?
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 02/09/2009 11:54 PM

Giving a nod to the female Kuhna, Cyphor turned to the Chimerantual, which he wasn't exactly sure he like the sight of since they weren't the sweetest looking beasts, and told him of her greeting as well as gave a bit of an introduction as to who he was It seemed to just slip right past the insect though as he was too busy clicking his pincers in delight that the Ociame seemed more happy to see him than the Sahound. He knew that he wasn't the most pleasing sight, but it was nice to see that at least one of them could smile even in his presence.

"Looks like we have quite the odd little group gathered." Cyphor spoke with a small chuckle, as if trying to break the silence that had settled over them all.

(It's craptastic~)
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 02/16/2009 4:04 PM

Tarot gave his barking chuckle, I've been in stranger. He remembered his training with Vasengii, Mixuy, and the group that had joined them. It was a little sad that he couldn't remember their names, let alone what species they had been. Well, he remembered there was a battleheart in the group, but that was all.

Kyruit shrugged as she stood, tails swaying around behind her. Well, we can visit while we travel. Perhaps now we can get a move on without Tarot acting like an idiot.

You know... I've half a mind to feed you to a chimerantula that doesn't like you.

(So's mine. xD)
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 02/28/2009 2:22 AM

As Xirchez could only hear Tarot's part of the conversation with the female Kuhna, he clicked his pincers and gave a bit of a hiss. He didn't always know playful taunting from honestly meaning what was spoken. To him, the Sahound's words sounded like a true threat.

Pulling away from the group a bit, Cyphor turned back and looked back at them. "She is right about being able to catch up and travel at the same time. Just sitting around chatting we'll be losing time." That and he figured the quicker they got moving the less time tension could build up. Walks seemed as if they usually calmed people down. Maybe it'd keep all tempers cooled down.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 03/06/2009 4:46 AM

Tarot quickly turned partially to Xirchez, worried the giant insect would impale him or worse. He kept from snarling, though he couldn't prevent the slightly worried expression on his face. Once he realized what the threatening hiss was for, he calmed down and smirked. I'm only teasing her, Xirchez. She's just useful enough not to waste. If you could hear her end, you'd... well... I don't think you'd pity me, but you'd at least see my retorts are well deserved.

At Cyphor's words, Kyruit tentatively approached Xirchez as if she wanted to ride upon his back for a bit. Though she couldn't communicate with him like she could with Cyphor and Tarot, she could get the core of her questions and what not across. And what she couldn't communicate with body language, she could always get Tarot to interpret, or Cyphor if it didn't bother him. So which one of you doesn't mind being my interpreter? She directed at Cyphor and Tarot.

Tarot remained silent, giving Cyphor time to make his mind up. Either way, he still needed to get information out of Ratta- who seemed a little bummed.

Ratta had fallen in between Tarot and Xirchez- behind Tarot because the smaller hound worried him slightly with his temper, and in front of Xirchez so he could hide behind the fearsome chimerantula if Tarot tried to be a bully. He felt slightly left out, seeing as how he was apparently still seen as the enemy. He sighed, if not at the bottom of the food chain, then it was under someone's foot. How depressing.

((8D I sorreh~? At least I gave you stuffs to work with... o3o... I hope?))
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 03/10/2009 10:12 PM

Tarot was right. Xirchez probably wouldn't pity him in the least, seeing as how even if she sometimes made remarks that he disliked they all knew who was really the power of the two of them. Tarot could probably take on any of them and win, seeing as how even the Chimerantula wasn't that great of a fighter. All it would take was one well placed strike from the Sahound and things would be over for him. It was much the same for him as well though. If he managed to get a good blow on Tarot things would end rather quickly, but he didn't exactly have the brains for that. He would only even attempt such a thing if Tarot really hurt Kyruit.

His thoughts were quickly pulled away from such an event though as the young Ociame walked up to him. Crouching down, he made it to where it would be easier to get on his back. Well, that was what he figured she wanted at least. It was roughly what he could guess by her look, and even if it was what she in fact wanted he would still be glad to give her the ride anyways.

"I don't mind doing the talking for you." Cyphor spoke up, smiling. He figured if he agreed to it, that would allow Tarot more time to talk to Ratta and determine if it was good to be letting him tag along or not. He wasn't sure exactly what sort of information was needed, but he was sure that there was a great amount of talking that needed to go on between those two.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 03/29/2009 4:57 AM

Tarot nodded and looked at Ratta; the larger yet more cowardly canine slunk beside Tarot, preparing himself for harsh words. The two of them left the other three to their carefree conversation.

Kyruit was glad Xirchez was definitely on their side, for she feared what would happen if Ratta really was an evil creature and tried to harm Tarot. She wouldn't be a match for the larger canine, but neither would she stand still while her master was being harmed. The thought becoming more worrisome, she turned to Cyphor, Do you really think it's okay to leave those two alone? I don't know about Ratta, but could you ask Xirchez what he thinks? She hoped she got the message across completely. It would be rather cruel to ask if the chimerantula would kill Ratta if he turned traitor.

Whatever Xirchez answered, Ratta was for real. He wasn't out to hurt anyone anymore- but then again, he hadn't been back in the town either. So, to be technical, he wasn't out to hang around with bullies that would make him do what he didn't want to do. All of Tarot's questions were answered as honestly as he could, though he was kept ignorant of anything Malenov and Muska had planned until it came time to execute those plans. However, there came a subject that he did know something about.

Alright, well I have to ask you this. Did your old gang ever torture, kill, or steal from a wispwing and florana couple? Or anyone at all that died at their hands or directly after they finished with these creatures?

"Florana and Whispwing couple?" The fellox's ears stood up and then instantly wilted again. "Yes, they did torture a couple like that. It was before I joined them, but I remember them bragging of ripping their wings off 'like the bugs they were' and keeping the necklace the florana wore along with some kind of leglets the whispwing wore."

Do you know where they are? Tarot sounded rather hyped about this news, his voice rising and his stance changing to excitement.

"Yes, actually, I took them when I left the inn. I can take you to them for I stashed them a few miles from here. Why? And how did you know about them?"

That's not important right now. Let's just say I know the owners of those items.

Ratta nodded, though he couldn't help but speculate how and why a sahound would socialize and interact with a couple of bugs.

Through their link, Tarot shared the news with Cyphor and Kyruit, Ratta knows how to put the first two spirits to rest. He was still excited, unable to contain his relief. So the fellox would prove useful afterall.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 04/28/2009 7:36 PM

"Xirchez...?" Cyphor started, looking over at the Chimerantula. "Do you think there is any chance that anything might go wrong between those two? I'm not saying your friend is a traitor... But still, there could be some hard feelings hanging about..." Hopefully the arachnid would understand that they were merely asking if things were safe, not if Xirchez would kill Ratta.

"Don't worry, Ky. Tarot isss ssafe. Ratta wouldn't hurt him. Even if he tried I would not allow it." He wasn't saying he'd kill Ratta, as he certainly didn't like that idea, but he would gladly show the Fellox what side he stood on. He knew that wouldn't happen though. Knew Ratta had been a mere pawn like he had been. "Ratta iss a good guy. He'sss jussst had a hard time. Malenov and Muska," he seemed to almost shiver as he spoke those names, "treated him only sslightly better than me ssso they could better use him."

Cyphor was distracted by the story from the Chimerantula though as Tarot finally spoke to them through the mind link. "That's great!" He didn't speak much, for he still wasn't quite used to being able to talk to someone in this way.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 09/14/2009 3:21 AM

Tarot grinned at the company around him before turning back to Ratta. The Fellox seemed a bit more at ease, and he was glad he hadn't raised his voice or been hostile in the questioning. Perhaps.... perhaps the fellox was a good guy, though he refused to believe it one hundred percent right now. It would take a lot more time than just a day to prove his standing.

Ratta waited for the ready signal before he'd lead them to his hideaway... but then again, did he want to lead them to his hideaway? He'd prefer not... it was the only modicum of privacy he had, even while with Malenov and Muska. But.... they'd probably be suspicious. He cursed his luck, and continued to wait in silence, deciding he could at least ask before they headed out.

Kyruit flicked her tail, signaling to Tarot she was fine with whatever he wanted to do, her attention still focused on Xirchez. So what have you two been doing since last we met?
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext