A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Continuing Our Quest

Postby Mojave » 06/11/2008 9:07 PM

Tarot & Kyruit

They had remained in Tengel for several days as the war disintegrated around them. The Imperialists were being tried or executed, they really weren't sure nor did they care.

Kyruit's wounded leg was better, though not fully healed while Tarot was impatient to be off again. But they had to wait for Cyphor, the spirits had told them that he would be coming back.

How long do you think it will take him to find us?
I don't know.. I hope it won't be long. We need to get moving. Already the war is over and the trail could be lost.

They sat in silence for a bit, each lost in their own thoughts, waiting for their companion to come back. Pity we're free now... and he doesn't get the chance to rescue us and all that. Kyruit growled at him and rolled her eyes. Not really a pity. But regardless of weather or not he gets to be a hero, it'll be nice to have more company.

{191}{6}
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/11/2008 11:55 PM

He felt the bite of a branch as it slammed right into his face. Move one branch, there was another waiting right behind that one to rush forward from freeing itself of the other. Cyphor shook himself off, letting out a small groan. Why did it have to be the Tengel that they had hidden in? Oh well... surely he was close by now.

"T-Tarot? Kyruit?" his timid voice called out loudly for one that usually spoke so soft. He was starting to catch their scent closer to him, starting to know that he was on the right track. But what was he going to do for them now that they had gotten freed? He hated that he was too late to help free them... but maybe it was for the best anyways. Probably would've just been in the way.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/12/2008 12:04 AM

Tarot perked up, his sensitive ears catching Cyphor's faint voice. There he is. He stood and went to the edge of the clearing, preparing his vocal cords to call out verbally. "Cyphor!" he barked, hoping the kuhna would we able to find them. He looked back at Kyruit who was grinning sarcastically at him.

You can go find him. I'll be right here.
Not if something bigger comes along.
Just go.

He snorted at her, and plunged into the undergrowth. There you are. Come to play hero? He asked as he stopped before the kuhna, a welcoming smile upon his lips.

{192}{7}
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/12/2008 12:13 AM

His golden eyes fell upon the Sahound and a smile spread across his features. Then he heard Tarot's words and let out a nervous laugh. "Sorry.. Seems I'm a bit on the late side to get to do that for you." He could tell though that the other meant no ill by his words, judging by the smile that he wore as well.

"So is Kyruit alright?" It was a bit worrisome, not seeing the female kuhna at the canine's side. Or maybe she was sleeping... but still it had him worried. "I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner, but when I finally got to the inn the lucain was already on the ground and apparently you two had been long gone."
{2}
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/12/2008 12:22 AM

His smile faltered at mention of Kyruit. And, for the first time in their short association, he felt nervous around Cyphor. How would he react when he discovered that Kyruit was recovering from injuries he'd inflicted? He looked away and turned back toward the thicket. She's fine... just... hurt. He faltered, Let's... uh... go. We're staying back this way.

Kyruit scrambled to her feet when Cyphor and Tarot returned, trying to hide her limp. She mewed a welcome to Cyphor and pounced on him, resting her forepaws on his back as she playfully bit an ear. Tentatively, she stretched a web of the link between herself and Tarot out to his mind.

Can you hear me?

{193}{8}
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/12/2008 12:30 AM

The Pure Kuhna caught hold of Tarot's nervousness, but decided not to press him for any more info then he was given. Hopefully the Ociame's wounds weren't too bad. If not that'd be enough to please him. Thus he padded after the other, following him back to the area where they had been staying.

Much to his surprise, he was greeted by the other kuhna and shortly after pounced on. Not expecting such an event, he stumbled sideways a bit before collapsing. He didn't fuss at the attention that he was getting, even though it wasn't fun to have your ear chewed on by another.

Then came another surprise. A feminine voice. But... Kyruit couldn't talk! And.. even if she could she had a mouth full of his ear. His eyes widened and his eyes darted about. "I-Is there someone else in the group that I never got to meet?"
{3}
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/12/2008 12:36 AM

Tarot hadn't been paying them any attention, being busy checking the perimeter of the thicket for snakes and the like. He looked around quizically. Do what?

Kyruit on the other hand, toppled off him, and rolled on her back in mirth.

It is me, silly. Tarot and I have a mental link. I dunno why he keeps it up, guess he loves the sound of my voice or something. Anyway, I extended it to you. This is the only way I can talk.

Tarot had nodded when Kyruit began to explain, but he shook his head at her mirth. And you chewed me out for my past treatment of him. Here you are scaring him you hypocrit.

She grumbled at him, but otherwise ignored him. So how have you been? And where did you go? If you don't mind my asking.

You don't have to answer all her questions, Cyphor. She's just got a lot of talking to catch up on.
If you don't hush, I have some injuries to repay you for.

{194}{9}
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/12/2008 12:47 AM

"Oh!" He smiled and looked over at the Ociame kuhna. "Well it's nice to know that we have a way of talking now." Well... She had always been able to hear him, but he hadn't gotten the privilege of hearing her voice. He glanced over at Tarot and spoke, "Oh she's fine. It just surprised me a bit to hear another voice, since I didn't know of the link."

He rolled over on his side so he was more comfortable, his tails flicking back and forth slowly. He knew he didn't have to answer the questions asked of him, but didn't mind in the least. "Well I haven't really done much... I was traveling on my way back home when I started to hear those voices again..." His ears hung down for a second, but then he perked back up. "But I guess I'm sort of glad I can hear them since it led me back here to meet with you two again."

Tarot might have been a sarcastic Sahound, and Kyruit seemed a bit clingy to Tarot last time they met, but it seemed like they had both changed a tiny bit. They both seemed more welcoming, in their own ways. This time he'd definitely stick around until they didn't want him around anymore.
{4}
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/13/2008 1:14 AM

Tarot was relieved Cyphor hadn't caught Kyruit's meaning, but he rolled his eyes at her anyway. Keep talking, cat. She grumbled at him in return, but turned back to Cyphor to listen to him.

You must live so far away if you still hadn't gotten home in a few days. How close were you? I mean.. I hope you weren't almost there and had to turn all the way back around. She flattened her ears nervously.

Tarot sat down a little ways from them to watch and listen. He just couldn't shake the feeling they were being watched.

{195}{10}
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/13/2008 1:21 AM

He gave the other feline a small nudge with his nose, as if trying to comfort her. "Naw. I was taking some detours on the way, so it wasn't like I was really close. My home isn't even in Barakka, so it was going to take me quite a while." In a way he was glad that he turned around when he did. Hadn't even made it to the boat to get over to the other continent, so they must have gotten hold of him at a good time.

Looking over at Tarot, he continued, "I take it you have that feeling too..." Seemed like someone or something was out there other then them. Moonlings maybe? They were in Tengel after all.
{5. Sorry it's short. ><}
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/14/2008 1:01 AM

{S'okay. x3 Mine aren't all that long either. Not much to write about at the moment.}

Tarot nodded, a dark look upon his features. Come morning, we'll get moving. We've stayed here for two days, and whatever is out there.. it's getting too friendly.

Kyruit looked between them, confused. What? What are you two talking about?

You don't feel it?
Feel what?! For the love of Zu'hai, what's the matter with you two?
Tarot rolled his eyes and shook his head in a slightly amused way. Nothing Kyruit. It's nothing important. Just rest. We leave in the morning.

Kyruit spat at him in annoyance and turned back to Cyphor. We don't live on the continent either. Where do you live in Lambastia?

{196}{11}
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/15/2008 4:56 PM

Leaving in the morning... Well at least they'd get the night to rest, so long as whatever was out there wouldn't bother them. He would have told Kyruit what exactly he and Tarot were talking about... but he didn't want her to end up suddenly paranoid with them. Best that at least one of them, and the injured one at that, would be able to get a good night's sleep.

"My main home is out in the vast plains." he spoke in return to the question that had been addressed to him. "It's certainly a great place if you don't want your neighbors to be close by. All you can see for miles is land and a bit of trees."

The Pure kuhna let his head rest on his paws, beginning to try to relax a bit for the night. "What about you two?"
{6}
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/16/2008 12:31 AM

Really? That's so neat. We live in Wilt'no. Right at the northern entrance at the base of that mountain.. what's-it's-name?

Tarot snorted with laughter at her, but said nothing else, still keeping his ears trained on the jungle around them. He'd been here before, and though he wouldn't hear the creature that stood out in his mind, he could keep watch for the thing he didn't recognize that was following them.

{Sorry it's short... >< I can't think of anything else.}
{197}{12}
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/20/2008 2:47 AM

Wilt'no... Didn't sound like the best of places to live. Of course he had heard that there were cities right outside of the desert, so it wasn't impossible to live out there. "I could certainly understand if you two didn't visit home often. With your pelt the heat must be awful." He was, of course, talking about Kyruit's thick, almost black fur and how it'd easily attract the rays of the sun.

Flexing his wings and stretching out his body, Cyphor made himself a bit more comfortable. His eyes wondered back over to Tarot before speaking out, "Would you like to take turns keeping watch? I'm sure yuo'd like to get at least a bit of sleep tonight." He didn't know what was out there, but he knew it was something. He also knew that Tarot wouldn't be able to get any sleep if there wasn't someone to look out. No telling when whatever was hiding could strike...
(7)
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/21/2008 12:55 AM

Kyruit moved herself onto her side as well, her head toward his hind feet and her tail flicking lazily before him. Actually, I've never been there. As soon as I entered this realm, I've been on the road with Tarot. But I can't wait to get there. If only to cause a bit more mayhem. Her back feet twitched in excitement, but otherwise, she was just as relaxed as Cyphor.

Tarot, meanwhile, had begun to relax a bit, and he turned back to the two kuhnas as one pulled out of a reverie. No, I'm rested enough. He smiled over at Cyphor and laying on his belly. If it was going to attack, it would have already. You get some rest with Kyruit, I'm sure you're tired from hurrying back.

{198}{13}
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next