A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Heading Home: Part I

Postby Akida » 07/07/2008 5:22 AM

ImageImage
Ruirii and Kitani {21}

The two kuhnas finally came up to the tree line, and stopped under the nearest one. Both were exhausted and dirty from the muck of the swamps.
"We should rest here for now. The journey home will be a long one."
Kitani only nodded and reveled in the cool shade of the trees above. She just wanted to be back home, in her bed and relaxing.

"Christmas?! I'm starting preparations for the new year celebrations thank you very much!"

Wishlist : Breeding : Sale/Trade : Housing
Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 299
Donate

Postby Akida » 07/23/2008 11:37 PM

Ruirii and Kitani {22}

"Come on Kitani. We should start moving before its gets dark.."
He looked around as he spoke, surveying their surroundings. He hoped nothing would attack them, and certainly hoped that none of those Shadow creatures would appear either. He'd had enough of the only one he'd met while lost in the swamps.
"We should go that way."
She motioned toward a path a few steps away. She yawned and stretched as she stood, getting ready to be on the move once again. This time she had an idea of where they were.
"We're in the Tengel Rainforest aren't we?"
Ruirii nodded as he led the way toward the path she mentioned.
"Maybe we'll be lucky enough to just see one of those Moonlings."
Her companion remained silent and focused on finding shelter for the coming night.

"Christmas?! I'm starting preparations for the new year celebrations thank you very much!"

Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Akida » 07/30/2008 8:37 PM

Ruirii and Kitani {23}

The sun had set and the moonlight showed up in slivers through the leaves of the trees above. The pair walked in silence mostly, only the sound of dried leaves crunching every now and then. Kitani followed Ruirii closely. Both kuhnas knew that any forest at night can be dangerous.
They found what they were searching for an hour after they'd started. Kitani stood close to a tree as Ruirii searched the small cave.
"Come on.. It's safe here."
The smaller hydrokuhna quickly entered the cave and curled into a tight ball at the back. Ruirii stretched out near the entrance and kept watch. His ear twitched at the sound of some far-away predator missing its prey. He could tell it was going to be a long night..

Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Akida » 08/08/2008 2:41 AM

Ruirii and Kitani {24}

The troubles only got worse when Kitani began seeing things.. Monkeys with many eyes and spider legs, then larger creatures with spines on their back and many haunting eyes. She cowered close to Ruirii until he thought she might try to get under his skin.. literally.
"Kitani there are no such things so try to get some sleep.."
"But I can't.. I keep seeing these creatures and it scares me because it's so realistic! We have to get out of here."
Ruirii mumbled to himself for a bit before he answered her.
"Yes I know, but the forest is dangerous at night and we have to stay here quietly until there's more light to travel by."
He licked her ear gently before turning his gaze towards the forest.

Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Heading Home: Part I

Postby Akida » 03/17/2010 12:54 PM

Ruirii and Kitani {25}

The night seemed to be a longer, colder one than the previous nights. Poor Kitani, trapped in her rather vivid nightmares, tossed, turned, and rolled this way and that. Ruirii on the other hand slept soundly, even if it was a light sleep in the case of anything trying to sneak up on them. Kitani's tails found its way in his face tickling him out of his sleep. This was actually a good thing, for when he caught himself, he saw the hint of the morning sun's light through the tops of  the trees. He stood and stretched himself thoroughly before make the attempt to wake Kitani.
"Kitani. Hey Kitani wake up. The sun's risen."
He placed a paw on her upturned stomach and gave her a slight nudge.
"Come on Kitani we gotta start moving, we have to get out of here. We have to continue our journey home.."
This time he  gave the sleeping female a more urging shake. She awoke with a sudden start.
"I DON'T WANNA PET THE TEN-EYED MONKEY!"
She looked around slightly confused and wide-eyed. Her heart raced for a few moments, but gradually slowed down to its normal pace. Her eyes settled on the amused male at her side.
"It's not funny Ruirii! How would you like to pet a mutated monster?"
Ruirii chuckled to himself and answered her,"It would be somewhat amusing. Come on let's go while the sun is up and the forest is still cool. We should be able to get to a town if we keep heading north."
This being said, he lead the way out of their little shelter and headed north. The sun climbed still higher on their right side, warming the earth and the air from the night's cold breezes. They kept moving strictly north with the exception of a tree or some ruin obstructing their path. Each step took them closer, unknowingly, to Lamenolai.

Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate