A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Tense Exploration [Maybe Lifemate?]

Postby Jaykobell » 09/27/2007 10:00 AM

[center]Image
Commander Hildegard, Kamo Kuhna

He had been staying home for long enough. He appreciated the caring and loving feeling he would feel and receive back at the Pen, but he was a Kuhna of the outside; he had to go and explore one day or another.

His camo pelt would blend well with the thick leaves and trees of the forest. His only flaw was his snow-white pelt, one that would shine brightly when it would get hit by a ray of light. But he didn't care, for the moment he would notice some mud, he would simply have to roll around and cover his pelt with it, hiding his scent and his obvious-colored pelt.

He walked ahead, still in the tense jungle of the Rainforest. His steps was silent, his ears perked up, listening to every little sounds that were singing around the forest. His tails were still, moving ever so slightly with his pawsteps. His eyes would glance here and there, ready to spot a prey or any creature that was living around here.

A small wet thing hit his nose. He looked up and noticed the wet, shiny leaves of the trees. Was it raining? His ears shifted, and he closed his eyes. He let the soft and gentle sound of the rain hitting the plants and grass sooth him. His heart would become light and relaxed, his mind would become foggy, keeping his problems aside for the short moment this would last. And he opened his eyes again, reminding himself he was here to explore and stretch his legs, not to take a nap. He continued walking on ahead.

His paw hit a hard material. He stopped in his tracks and looked down. It appeared to be a rock, the surface smooth and wet, letting out that it had already been washed by the rain; its light grey color would shine brightly. Hilard looked up and thought for a moment. Maybe an old, ancient building from the old times? This would certainly be interesting.

He walked around the mineral and squeezed through the thick leaves that were in his path. The plants would brush against his pelt, and the Kamo Kuhna would feel like someone was giving him a massage. It felt great. Once he was on the other side of the vegetation barrier, his body felt numb and asleep. He hadn't slept much out of late, to be truthful. Maybe a short, relaxing nap would do me no harm, he thought, circling slightly and then laying down on the fresh grass. He curled into a ball and covered his paws with his tails, using them as blankets. He then closed his green eyes and let the soothing rain craddle him to the land of dreams.

[Hildegard: 1]

[[Limited? I guess no more than a single other player. He may be willing to have a lifelong mate, but there's no telling when he'll be retiring... Since, well, he IS my sweet and loved babeh. :33 *squeezes* <3
Um, yes. :3 First here first served.]]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/27/2007 8:17 PM

[center]Image
Vanita Ashani, Orange Ancient Kuhna

An orange Ancient Kuhna femme was walking through the Rainforest as well, the orange flames dancing around on her tails even as the gentle rain came down.  She sighed; it was good to finally get out of the Arena again... She'd been in the Arena for too long with the other Kuhnas; each one talking about finding love.  It depressed her greatly; for she had once found love, but then, that Kuhna had died all so suddenly.  She wiped a tear away from her eyes; this was no time to cry.

Her green eyes were tired, as she'd spent many a night crying herself into a nightmare-filled sleep, and thus sleeping very little.  She hadn't dared go back to Basantha since the last time she'd been there on that fateful day, when she found her love lying in the Halls of Amnesty and Remembrance, the green flames gone from his tails.  She'd cried for him the whole day, and then, ran out of the Shrine; as it was the place of her greatest hurt now.

Why did he have to die?  How did he die?

She stumbled upon the smooth stone as well, and worked her way through the vegetation barrier as well.  The leaves tickled her black pelt, and only a few leaves remained singed because of her tail flames.  She wouldn't see Hildegard yet, as she had turned in another direction, looking at her surroundings before the rain slowly lulled her into a sleep, her black and orange pelt curling up into a ball and her tails by her sides, their flames warming her.

{Asha: 17}
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/28/2007 10:56 AM

While napping, Hilard had yet to notice he had been rolling around a small puddle of mud. It was rather dark, as well, and soon enough, his white pelt became dirty, shifting to an almost black shade. His green and brown stripes and tail-tips were still quite easy to see the original colors of, but he had more or less became a Kuhna similar to a Green Ancient Kuhna.

He soon opened his eyes as he felt the cold mud sticking to his fur. He looked around and noticed he had been rolling around in his sleep. He shrugged lightly, getting up.

He then noticed a black spot of fur, with orange markings and... flames? Was this feline an Orange Ancient Kuhna? He wondered. She seemed asleep, and so he simply walked beside her quietly, so not to wake her. He didn't notice his tails brushing against her black pelt, however, his cold pelt gripping the warm feeling of her coat.

[Hildegard: 2]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/28/2007 11:14 AM

Asha curled up a little more as she felt Hildegard's tails brush against her pelt.  One of her eyes slowly opened, and then, she blinked.  Yawning, she stretched out and looked over at Hildegard.  There was still some remnants of sleep clinging to her eyes as she blinked again.  "...Well, hello there." She said, yawning again.  The mists of sleep slowly left her eyes as she looked around again, and then back to Hildegard.

{Asha:18}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/29/2007 12:57 PM

Hilard froze as he heard a voice coming from behind him. Had he woken up the Ancient Kuhna? He turned around slowly, looking over his shoulder. Darn, he had waken her up. His tails or the mud must have had brushed against her. The temperature change must have woken her up as a reflex. Now, what to do? He hated speaking with other pets... He was more of a loner.

He turned around to at least face her, his casual serious expression upon his figure. "Hello," he replied, hesitating a little before actually replying.

[Hildegard: 3]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/29/2007 2:02 PM

Asha tilted her head again, looking back at the Kamo.  He seemed like the kind that seemed not to be social around others, but then again, she had been like that for a while as well.  Her green eyes seemed to look into him, but finding nothing yet, she said quietly, "My name is Ashani."

That was the first time in a while--except for when she'd been forced to go to that KLA meeting that had been a total flop--that she'd spoken her name to someone.

She gently licked one of her tails, looking back at the Kamo.  For a minute, his muddied fur looked more black than white--more like a Green Ancient Kuhna than a Kamo.  A tear slid down her cheek, but she brushed it away.  "What would your name be?" She asked, trying to keep her voice from breaking.

{Asha: 19}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/29/2007 2:15 PM

Hilard hoped this wouldn't get on for too long. He also noticed she had started getting emotional, and that made him uncomfortable. He didn't like it when people would be crestfallen because of him. "I am known as Commander Hildegard, the Kamo Kuhna," he replied, sitting down. He was still a bit sleepy, since he hadn't slept much and had been awoken.

He noticed the tear sliding down her cheek and then getting brushed away. He thought about asking why she seemed sad, but he preferred not to ask. After all, it probably had to do with her privacy, and he wished not to enter her private life until he would be given permission or whatnot. He simply kept quiet, wondering if she was going to ask any more questions.

[Hildegard: 4]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/29/2007 3:36 PM

A slight wave of relief swept through Ashani as the Kamo stated his species.  "Ah... 'Commander' Hildegard?  What, did you fight in some sort of war before this?" She asked, her tail flames dancing around.  She was rather relieved that he wasn't a Green Ancient Kuhna, otherwise she might've run away.  Oh, those memories...

Why couldn't she shut them out?

Shaking her head, she asked, "What brings you out to Tengel?" She asked, her paw tracing a tiny rune on the stone in front of her.

{Asha: 20--Level-up}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/29/2007 4:44 PM

Hilard shook his pelt slightly, spreading some mud away. His tails flicked, then lay down behind his body. "No, not quite. I was taken 'hostage', if you would accept such a word, in a military camp. They trained me to become a war pet, I believe you could say," he explained. He remembered the hard days he had seen back at that camp... Deaths, arrivals, more deaths... Oh, how awful it was...

He pushed the thought away, then replied to her second question, "I was taken in by a nice lady. Alas, I have been staying in the Pen for much too long. I had an urge to stretch my legs and to sharpen my instincts and skills." He paused, then his tails shifted lightly. "... What about you?"

[Hildegard: 5 -- Level Up]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/29/2007 5:16 PM

Ashani inclined her head.  "That sounds... awful." She said, her tails curling up around her paws and warming her forearms [or whatever they'd be on Kuhnas... xD].  "I myself did not always live at my Lady's home.  There was a time when I lived in the Basantha Shrine as pet to one of the monks.  I was born in the Shrine, but I never knew who my parents were, and I know that I have a sister somewhere... but I ran away from the Shrine one day and found myself in my current home.  I thought it would do me good to get out of my Lady's home and explore some.  All I did back before I came to know Lady Fire was decipher runes in the Shrine, so she said I ought to go and train some." She said, shrugging.  "I came out here partly on freewill, but came mostly because the majority of my friends that live at the Arena I'm from are out and about elsewhere, mostly in Wilt'no." She added, recalling how the massive wave of pets had left for Wilt'no, while a few others left for Lamenolai or Idalani.

{Asha: 21}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/30/2007 1:41 PM

Hildegard's ears shifted. "I see." He looked over his shoulders, and spotted the soft rock from earlier. He was sure ruins of some sort had to be hidden deep inside this thick forest. What could he find here? He wondered...

Turning back to Asha and meowed, "Would you mind exploring with me? We don't know what dangers may be roaming, and I believe staying together would increase our chances of survival."

[Hildegard: 6]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/30/2007 1:47 PM

Asha tilted her head, one of her ears flicking slightly as she pondered his question.  She did want to explore, and she had never before been to Tengel, and therefore had no knowledge of what could be out there.  "I would not at all mind exploring with you.  Safety does lie in numbers, after all." She said, moving to stand up.

{Asha: 22}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/30/2007 5:00 PM

Hilard nodded and turned around, walking off. That stone had to be relevant; no stone could be so well-shaped, unless it was to be used for construction or whatnot. It had been sculpted especially for a house or for a temple or something of the like, he was sure. The goal now was to find said building, if there was to be anything left of it, that is. Maybe old artifacts could be found buried by the old rundown building? Who knows...

He would look over his shoulder from time to time to make sure Asha was following.

[Hildegard: 7]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/30/2007 5:49 PM

Asha was indeed following behind Hildegard, looking around intently.  "This place..." She whispered.  "I-it reminds me of a dream... or a dream of a dream, at least.  I cannot help but think I've seen this building before..." She said, looking about and quickening her pace until she was almost next to the Kamo Kuhna.

{Asha: 23}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/30/2007 6:21 PM

Hilard turned to her, this time his gaze locking with hers. "So there is indeed an old building around these parts?" So, he was right, in the end. "What do you know of it? Do you remember where it is, vaguely?" He wondered. What could this dream of a dream she had mentioned be? This adventure may prove to bring quite a few new things to life, apparently...

[Hildegard: 8]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Next