A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Re: Forest Explorations [Private]

Postby Cookie » 01/06/2009 12:25 PM

Faren followed Arlür, pouncing about and play nipping at her tails. "I was tired of hearing him talk.." he said laughing slightly and jumping around Arlür "So where do you want to go?" he said still running around Arlür and pouncing on her "Got cha" he said as he pinned her to the ground. "I wonder when the old hag will find out we ditched him.." he said now jumping off of Arlür and sitting at her side, waiting for her to get up.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 01/06/2009 12:29 PM

Whether or not Set would ever notice before he turned around for himself was another manner, but Arlür didn't much care.  "Hearing him talk, he could probably go on for ages before he'll finally realize we're gone." She said, turning over and sitting up, looking around.  She could see a few of the trap tiles ahead here, but she merely laughed.  "You can lead the way this time.  After all, it was your idea to ditch the old Imeut." She said, laughing still.

[7.0][2.1]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Cookie » 01/06/2009 12:38 PM

Faren jumped around the tiles "Lets make it a game." he said now waiting for Arlür to catch up. "Now, you see, young ones.. you shouldn't play games in a temple like this.. my great great great great grandfather built these and.." Faren pretended to act like Set as he bounced around the trap tiles. "In the times of my ancestors, there were plenty of temples..." he continued laughing at himself and rolling around on the ground.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 01/06/2009 12:52 PM

Arlür giggled as Faren imitated Set; it was actually pretty funny.  "Oh, we're not playing, we're just dodging all the trap tiles while working on our agility~" she said, giggling all the while as she followed behind Faren, making her jumps light and effortless as she kept up with Faren.

"...after all, I heard of a temple that was built in Idalani where the King it was built for would perform certain sacred rituals, and any that refused were either turned to statues or taken deep below the temple; a hundred stories down, through a labyrinth of stairs and hallways.  Just to make sure no one would escape, the prisoners were often drugged or put into a deep, peaceful sleep..." Set continued, his scarab clicking his wings all the while as it flew.

[7.1][2.2]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 01/06/2009 1:52 PM

Faren laughed slightly as he moved about lightly "Ah, yes; you must watch out for these. If you step on one of these, it'll trigger a trap. Believe me, I know traps." Faren said copying Set again, he hit a wall gently as he tripped on a rock and a few pebbles fell from the roof, landing on one of the trap steps. He jumped to Arlür, making her get down and he covered her, waiting for something bad to happen..
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 01/06/2009 2:51 PM

Arlür let out a surprised squeak as Faren jumped on top of her, protecting her from whatever trap might emerge from... well, wherever.  However, when nothing seemed to happen at first, Arlür said, "...strange..."

Suddenly, the stone began to grind as stairs appeared not far ahead of them, leading further down into the temple.  The Wynd Kuhna whimpered slightly once the grinding had started, but soon regained her composure.  "Well... not exactly what I'd call a 'trap', but I suppose one should be careful about these things." She said.

"...and I even heard that this Kuhna that constructed the temple in Idalani was a son of our own Princess Arya, before she took the ranks of ladyship.  She, her mate, and her sister and her mate all traveled forward in time in Idalani and found themselves locked in this temple, in a living nightmare... I heard that Arya and her Anziano nearly died." Set continued, not even noticing the faint rumble in the ground.

[7.2][2.3]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 01/06/2009 3:05 PM

Faren got off Arlür and walked towards the steps "I guess the old man was wrong about those stones.." he said lightly as he moved on. "Should we go down there?" he asked now looking back over to Arlür. "If you want to go we can.. or we can turn back and try to find Set.." he mentioned now walking a bit closer to the opening but not stepping foot into it. "So should we?" he asked again.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 01/06/2009 3:14 PM

"I say we go on without him.  After all, can't you just picture what he'd say about this?  'I am very disappointed in you, young ones.  First, you abandon my counsel, and then, you go and set off a trap!', he'd say, I'll bet." Arlür said, taking a step towards those very steps that had been summoned from the tile.

Set, meanwhile, finally turned around to see that Arlür and Faren were gone.  "Of course.  The young ones always let curiosity get the better of them," he said, placing a sapphire into a hole in the wall every few lengths as he backtracked his way to the first path split, where he assumed he had lost the two Kuhnas.

[7.3][2.4]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 01/07/2009 6:43 PM

Faren laughed lowdly "So c'mon!" he yelled now prancing his way down the stairs before triping and falling the rest of the way down. He landed sideways and groaned with pain "Owww~" he said now rubbing his head with his paw before sitting up. "So much for trying to be smooth.." he utterd under his breath, low enough so Arlür couldn't hear him. "So umm.. what do you think it down here?" he said looking back to Arlür, stairing at first but then catching himself he looked away quickly and blushed, now getting up and moving along.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 01/10/2009 6:30 PM

Arlür chuckled as she used her wings to flutter lightly down the steps before she poked Faren's shoulder lightly; "Oh, I don't know what could be down here... but I say we leave something so we can at least backtrack our way here in case we get lost in our explorations and need a point of reference."

Set, meanwhile, had reached the split in the path and began walking down the other side, his eyes scanning the place carefully as his faithful scarab fluttered around, clicking every so often as they looked around carefully.

[7.4][3.0]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 01/10/2009 6:38 PM

Faren didn't want Arlür to notice his fall so he blushed that she had "Do you think Set has figured out by now that we are missing?" Faren walked on a little bit, steady in his pace so that he didn't get far from Arlür. "This might be a prisoners chamber or something of the sort.." he said, looking back at Arlür and smiling sweetly. "It should be getting dark soon... we might need to light these torches." he suggested now looking at the torches that make a line on the wall.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 01/10/2009 6:49 PM

"Could be that he has." Arlür said, shrugging.  "I could care less if he actually finds out.  Well, I'm sure we'll both care that he hasn't noticed if we get into some sort of trouble." She said, laughing as she added, "Not that we will get into trouble... and lighting the torches sounds like an excellent idea." She said.

Set, meanwhile, was grumbling something about "younglings who let curiosity reign their thoughts instead of reason" when he stepped on the same tile that made the stairs appear.  They soundlessly disappeared--which was unusual, for all the scraping it had made when they appeared.  He continued to walk along, trying to find some sign of the Kuhnas.

[[Had to throw a little extra trouble in here~ keepin' it interesting]]

[8.0][3.1]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 01/10/2009 7:00 PM

Faren laughed lightly at Arlür "Hmm.. there is a torch down there.. I can light the rest of them with it." he mentioned now heading towards it, taking it now in his mouth and heading back. He mumbled something as he lit some of the torches, he found a small line against the wall under them and tilted the torch towards it, the whole line lit up and a light flame for light. He went over to the other side now amused at what he was discovered and did the same. Now you could see the whole hall way, it was a prisoners chamber or more like hall, dead bodies were tied against the wall by there hands and feet.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 01/10/2009 7:04 PM

Arlür trembled as she saw the line of dead bodies chained to the wall; "It makes me positively sick to think that someone would do this to these poor pets... and probably with no good reason," she said as she walked past some of the bodies.  She shuddered lightly, but didn't say anything more yet.  She just kept walking, looking from side to side at the bodies; anywhere from Kuhnas to a Battleheart in human form lay dead and decaying...

[8.1]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 01/10/2009 8:12 PM

Faren didn't really mind the bodies, they didn't horrify him or anything even though he did find it sad that they were there "C'mon.. lets get out of here.. doesn't look like there is much but the dead bodies.." Faren said now looking down the hall and then to Arlür. He turned around and noticed that the stairs were no longer there "Oh.. no..." he said now running to where the stairs were as if they would come back if he ran towards them. "Arlür.. I think we're trapped.." he said quite calmly for the situation. He walked back towards her, looking for another exit. Stupidly he found himself not paying attention to where he walked and stepped on another trap, a arrow prepared to launch and was aimed towards Arlür, she would have no time to move out of the way since she was turned away from it. He bolted over, trying to push her out of the way but being hit with the arrow himself. The arrow stuck out, not far below his heart and a little above his shoulder blade. If he pulled it out the wrong way it could be fatal. "A-Arlür..." he mumbled now swaying a little from the extreme loss of blood that was trickling down his leg.
Cookie
Pets | Items

PreviousNext