A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Re: Hide and Tortu- Imean Seek! {P; Tazz+I}

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 04/10/2009 5:45 PM

A game of hide and seek? Well, he really should be patrolling, but... this was patrolling too, right? Well, watching these two to make sure they weren't up to bad things. At least bad things for the jungle. Bad things to each other though, that didn't matter; at least not to this moonling.

Keeping to the thick shadows of the Tengel he was nothing, nothing to these beings. He wasn't even on the same plain of existence right now. Just a shadow that... giggled a bit too much. Not now, no, he had some self control, just enough to make it to the funny-beast-with-the-sticks and into his shadow without busting a gut, as a human once said near him. He had none of this "gut" that was prone to busting, but he'd liked the sound of it and had remembered it.

Was it worth noting the semi visible swirling of dark dark purples and darker greys in the creatures shadow? Maybe it was worth noting, but if you were about to play extreme hide and seek, maybe it wasn't something you would notice. Though the bright slash of purple now over the forehead of the shadow probably WAS worth noting.
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

Postby Adelie » 04/10/2009 8:00 PM

((RE2, I love you. o3o  I think you already know that. <3))

He was likable?  Most people didn't really say that: most people just wanted him to go away or dumped their kids on him and told him to babysit them or something along those lines.  They also didn't think he was very likable (especially considering that Mei had had a rather bad run-in with his wingblades when trying to hug him as passable "payment" for babysitting).  But enough with the various musings on the meaning of likable.  Maybe he should actually find someplace to hide before Amanda finished counting and he got caught.  It was extreme hide and seek, after all, and he supposed it would be fun to win it.

He scampered off, looking for someplace to hide in the dense undergrowth (it couldn't be that hard, could it?) and successfully tripped over a vine, sprawling neatly on the ground.  There was something near his head--probably a shadow of a tree or something.

Or was it?  On closer inspection, though Nekki, unobservant as usual, did not look closely, it seemed to be a faint cloud of purple and grey, glittering faintly purple-white as if it were a moon shape...

((Nekki says I should stop being mean to him.  :D))
and if you ask how i regret that parting:
it is like the flowers falling at spring's end
confused, whirled in a tangle.

what is the use of talking, and there is no end of talking,
there is no end of things in the heart.

ezra pound, exile's letter
zoo pen | journal | wishlist
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2255
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 04/10/2009 9:41 PM

Amanda watched him scamper off, then covered her face with her wings.

"8... 9.... 10.... 11..."

She did not peek- she was an honorable hide and seek player- but she was sure that she saw something in Nekki's shadow before she hid her eyes. It may have been a trick of the light, but...

She tried to call the image back to her mind's eye, but it refused to come in. She swore, then began to shout the numbers in anger.

"15!"

"16!"

"17!"
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 04/13/2009 4:56 AM

Oh what fun! He was going to enjoy this game! The other moonlings were all very bent on doing their job. Protecting the secrets, blah blah. How boring, I mean really? Besides those guys were dead, why listen to dead things? Some of the moonlings had abandoned the project but others, like himself, had kept to it. Though he would much MUCH rather be doing... Well, playing a game of hide and seek!

So he stuck to the lucains' shadow like glue, sometimes slinking off into the deeper foliage before slinking back into the lucains' shadow. Should he hide with the lucain, or else where? He'd never informed them that he, too, was participating. Best to hide with the lucain, maybe he would give him a hint, like where to hide.

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Adelie » 04/13/2009 10:00 PM

He picked himself off the ground, taking a second to glare pointedly at the vine that had tripped him.  Nekki was quite certain that it did not understand the meaning of "pointed glare," but just in case.  Sometimes he wondered if he was paranoid.

He got started running--not too fast, though: a good tracker could find him easily if he left too much of a trail, and though he doubted Amanda's skill at tracking (she sounded like a little kid, after all, though perhaps the right word here would be "ginormous," as she was not exactly a small paragon), he wanted to be careful.  He also wanted to get as far away from Amanda as possible, since that would give him a good moment to get started moving around.

Normally, if he was playing hide and seek with a group of squealing kits, he wouldn't be able to hear them by now--he'd be too far away.  But Amanda was loud, and her voice still came to his ears, still loud and slightly annoying.  He could've sworn there was an exclamation point at the end of her numbers, though he then chided himself.  Not a story, not a story...

He found a place and hid himself.

Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 04/14/2009 8:02 PM

The moonling kept up easily. To move around as moonlings did took very little energy. They used the energies around them, really, that's how they patrolled and kept things safe for the Tengel. Moonling were like... the embodiment of the Tengels life force, or that's how he saw it. They were the Tengels soldiers, used to defend it from all sorts of things.

These two weren't causing real harm, not right now anyway. But best to watch them, incase things changed, right? It was so easy to convince yourself to have fun when the boss wasn't around.
That sound... The sound of the paragon counting was rhythmic, nearly soothing. It was loud enough in the Tengel, sending shivers through his form. Not much had happened in the Tengel, at least not when he'd been around. This was, well, a little exciting.

And then the lucain hid. It wasn't the best spot I mean... you know.
"Psst..." his voice was like a whisper, right in the lucain's ear.
"This hiding spot sucks, and you still have a good 40 counts... You can get further away, and find a better spot, I'm sure of it,"
He kept himself invisible, sticking to the creatures shadow.

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 04/16/2009 10:24 PM

Amanda tried to keep up the pace of counting out, but she was getting bored. Maybe she should speed up the numbers... or just take a tiny, small peek...

She fought the urge to cheat. You're not a cheater, Amanda. No, you're a fair player, a WINNER! she shouted at herself in her mind- very loudly, in fact, that she had to keep herself from saying it out loud. She began to hum a short song to herself-a song that had to do with friends inside of you(it was giving her ideas)- and continue counting.

"80... 81... 82...."

She sighed as she cut off her song. It wasn't fun when the numbers interrupted it. She needed entertainment, she craved it, even. She stretched, trying to distract herself by trying to get comfortable. "Mmm... Imean 83!" she called, and then got back on track with counting. She shook her head, scolding herself for the temporary distraction. Too distracting.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Adelie » 04/22/2009 9:41 PM

At first, he thought it was a thought, come out of his mind to become as clear as the spoken word.  And then he realized that he didn't usually have thoughts that told him that the best hiding place he'd ever found in his life really sucked.  (Admittedly, that might explain why he always lost these games.  Oooh.)  Obviously he was now hallucinating things.  Audio hallucinations.  Whatever.  He didn't need to correct himself at these points in time, especially considering he'd just wasted, oh, twenty counts trying to figure out where this voice came from.

But hey.  He was pretty smart, anyways, or at least smarter than most of the pets he usually ran into, who tended to be rather big idiots and usually unable to even tie their own shoes without help.  If he was hallucinating something, obviously it was a smart hallucination.  "Thank you," he told the empty air (always good to be polite to hallucinations), and went off to find someplace new to hide.

With two counts to spare, he found somewhere considerably better, and added, "Happy now?"

Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 04/30/2009 4:54 PM

"99... 100!" Amanda shouted, and at 100 jumped up out of her little counting spot and shot through the canopy, ignoring the branch and leaf debris that was now all over her because she hadn't bothered to manuever through it. "I'm gonna get you~..." she called out over the Forest, looking around for...

What was she looking for? She wouldn't be able to spot Nekki from way up here in the big blue sky. Her snout twitching, she landed in a different spot from her original one, which was actually farther away from Nekki than she was before. Seeing the vast expanse of dark green and black shadows mixed with bright green light, she wondered now if it was a smart idea to ask a black Lucain to play hide and seek in a forest where she was sure noon was about two hours past.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Adelie » 05/04/2009 10:25 PM

She wasn't anywhere near him yet, that was for sure.  Unless she was secretly a ninja, no large bulk of paragon could crawl through the rainforest that quietly.

Oh great Zu'hai, he was bored.  This reminded him that hide and seek was the most boring game ever when played with only two people, since usually one of them was really bad and therefore he almost always won.  (Perhaps that was one of the reasons why he put up with babysitting kids.  But really, a muse like him needed better things to do.)

Nekki surveyed his hiding spot: a small grassy area inside a circle of thick bushes.  It was a nice place, really: hard to see from all angles, unless you picked the one that was about 43 1/2 degrees from the northnorthwest direction.  He considered his hiding spot carefully (why was he taking this so seriously again?) and then pulled up a little grass to put on top of him.

Just in case.

Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 05/13/2009 6:02 PM

The moonling sighed, keeping to the lucains shadow.
"Yesss~ much better," he whispered. Moonling were usually to busy for games, but keeping hidden was something they all had an affinity for.
"So, why are you playing all the way out here, hmm?"

If the lucain bothered to note his shadow he would see small movements, as if the mouth was being worked to make sounds, as his would when he spoke. Plus the funny quarter-moon shape on his shadows forehead, the occasional flash of white, playful eyes. He was being less then sneaky, besides, becoming a seamless shadow wasn't very comfortable or easy. It was even a little scary. The further you merged with that sort of world, the scarier. He hated to admit it but that other place was kinda creepy.
Although... It could be a rather good hiding place...

(( Sorry, sorry. ))

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/16/2009 4:02 PM

Amanda snorted as yet another good hiding place she found was empty of the black and white lucain. "Hmph, who would've thought someone would be this good at hide and seek?" she mused, her brow furrowed in annoyance. She stomped down the bush and kept moving, keepin her tail up in the air. She could feel the skin drying- she hoped it would rain soon.

She came upon the spot where they had started again. Focusing, she looked at every single thing in the clearing, searching for anything that would point her in the direction of Nekki. Her eyes weren't the best, but she saw some flattened grass up ahead. Making her way over to it, she looked at it closely; she even gave it some small sniffs, though she wasn't much good with smells, either. But she thought it reminded her of Nekki- but there was something odd about it. There looked to be traces of something else being there- something small, and it looked to be traveling with Nekki. So more wanted to join in the game? Very well then. She began to head in the direction that looked correct.

((My bad. >>;;))

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Adelie » 05/29/2009 8:58 PM

((Gah!  Tazz is fail at remembering to reply to things--once she doesn't see a reply for a few days she tends to forget to check.  Yell at me as you wish.))

He was really starting to get sick of this game.  Nothing seemed to be happening, for Xai're's sake; he was getting more bored than an ADHD sahound watching paint dry.  And the sun was getting in his eyes.  He shifted a little--and then...

Audio hallucinations again?  And asking him questions, too?  Was he really /that/ bored, to turn to talking to himself as his only means of alleviating that?

"Well, if you're actually a hallucination of mine, you should know."  Though if it wasn't a hallucination, then it might be offended.  Um.  How to deoffend something that you're not even sure exists?  That was something that no class really taught.  "Not to be offensive or anything, you know.  I'm really just out here because I have two Treat Kuhnas who want to eat my tail back home."

Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/29/2009 9:25 PM

Amanda's mane of feathers stood on end, tensed and ready to hear the slightest sound. Sure, she didn't have much when it came to ears except for little slits that were partly covered by her beautiful shiny black feathers, but that wasn't the point. She would have trouble hearing if she didn't stay still. Her hearing, she supposed, was her easiest and best way to track down Nekki.

"C'mon Nekki... you're here... somewhere...

"I know it!"

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 05/30/2009 2:15 AM

"Well maybe if I was a hallucination," said the nothingness, or what seemed to be nothingness, "But I'm not so I wouldn't know. Also, your reasons make no sense."
The shadow, hiding in his shadow and the shadows of the leafy ferns around him snickered, "Maybe you are crazy, though I am not part of that at all. hee hee heessss~"

This game was slow. Maybe he could... mix it up?

(( Sorry this is so short. ))

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext