A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Re: Hide and Tortu- Imean Seek! {P; Tazz+I}

Postby Adelie » 05/30/2009 5:21 PM

So it wasn't a hallucination.  But then, considering this voice was coming from a wonderfully shadowy patch of nothingness, it wasn't very likely it wasn't a hallucination, either.  Oh joy.  A lying audio hallucination.  How he hated his mind at these times.

Also, it didn't seem to be very logical.  What did it mean, his reasons didn't make any sense?  "How don't they make sense?  I think trying not to get eaten by kuhnas is a perfectly logical explanation."  He paused and considered his reasons.  Hmmm.  Perhaps his logic really wasn't sound here.  He amended his response.  "Well, it's mostly their grandmother.  Have you ever had a really mad arkuhna running after you with a paintbrush in one paw and a kitchen knife in the other?"

((Aww, poor Nekki.  I love to abuse him too much.  :) ))
and if you ask how i regret that parting:
it is like the flowers falling at spring's end
confused, whirled in a tangle.

what is the use of talking, and there is no end of talking,
there is no end of things in the heart.

ezra pound, exile's letter
zoo pen | journal | wishlist
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2255
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 06/01/2009 2:55 AM

"No I haven't.... Or maybe I have. What'sss an arkuhna? What'ssss a kitchen niff? These thingssss make no ssssensse to me?" asked the shadow, now curious.
"Kuhnass are sssmall, right? Kamo kuhnass are here, sometimes. They are ssssmall. You, you are big. Why would ssssomething big be ssscared of ssomething sssmall?"

What a stupid creature this was. Being scared of something small, how stupid. And something small that wasn't even clever, like he was. He was small and cunning and he could be untouchable, a ghost, if he so chose to be. If he chose to be then he couldn't be hurt>

Of course, being like this could be draining. Especially during the day. With a sigh the moonling solidified in front of the being.
"You ssshould be sssscared of me though, if you know what'sss good for you."

(( pointy beak faced feotus with no arms.... -can't take moonling seriously- bwahaha ))
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

Postby Adelie » 06/15/2009 10:05 PM

((I thought I replied to this. -_-  Sorry about how much I fail at replying on time.))

Nekki looked a little uncomfortable.  Well, perhaps more than a little, considering that what he supposed was a wild, possibly savage native of the jungle had just materialized in front of him.  Maybe...a lot.

Fine.  Scratch the whole "a little uncomfortable" part.  Try "scared out of his wits."  Of course, his immediate response to being scared out of his wits was to get defensive, which was almost never a good idea.

"Okay, first of all, arkuhnas are kuhnas that have lots of paint splattered over them all the time.  And when it's red it looks a lot like blood.  Second, a kitchen knife is a sharp object of death and destruction.  And little kuhnas are really painful when they latch onto your tail with their teeth.  Though...er...do you have a tail?"

"And furthermore, what are you?"

Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 06/15/2009 11:55 PM

The moonling laughed, baring needle sharp teeth as it did. "Looking like blood and sssseeing blood issss different," again it cackled, "And you call usssss moonlingss in your tongue. In my tongue we are," there there was a strange string of sounds that never seemed to end. Slightly reptilian but not quite. It was safe to say that the average gyrraptor or serraptor would have no chance or reproducing it.

The moonling grinned, bright white half moon in it's dark face, "Issss hasss a tail." it said, not turning around (what kind of idiot turns their back to the enemy?) but flicking the stubbly thing behind him. Rather thick for one so tiny it ended in flickering purple smoke which drifted up and away.
Well, it looked like smoke. Whatever it actually was wasn't made entirely clear.

"Iss will not hurt you, if iss you will not hurt me," The moonling said thoughtfully, still grinning, "Isss bored and iss wanting to play too."

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 06/24/2009 2:41 AM

Amanda was getting frustrated now. Would she never find him?! Maybe she underestimated him.

If she did, she would never, ever live it down. She wouldn't let herself live it down- it was a shame she would carry. Maybe there was more to the clumsy Lucain than she expected. Not a great idea to play with him when she didn't know his weaknesses. And strengths. But weaknesses would be better.

Wait. What was that? she asked herself, turning her head sharply to her left. She could've sworn she heard Nekki.

Maybe she was closer than she thought.
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Adelie » 07/23/2009 11:17 PM

((Hello.  I'm not dead.  I'm also not trying to get myself killed by Snowy and RE2, but that seems likely.  So maybe I am dead.  o3o  Maybe I can blame it on my muse, who probably does not like being role-played.
Psst, Snowy--this is starting to feel like two separate storylines going on in one thread.  You should probably bring Amanda in so Nekki can freak out or something.  Not enough torture going on.  :) ))

You know, laughing was supposed to be funny.  And smiles were supposed to be friendly, like those old songs that went "and a smile means friendship to everyone!"  Apparently he'd found a counterexample: the creature who said he was called a moonling.  (The name seemed familiar--perhaps they were well known in this part of Barakka and he'd heard of them going into the rainforest.)  For some reason, the grins and laughter of the moonling really just gave him the shivers.  It was probably just the razor-sharp teeth it displayed, since though it looked like it was made partially of smoke, Nekki was quite certain that they would hurt.  Badly.  And he did not like things that hurt badly.

"Er...okay, great, you do have a tail.  And...you want to play too?  Well, I think we're playing hide-and-seek, and I'm not sure if what's-her-name would be okay with you playing too, and I don't even know where she is, and do you even want to play hide-and-seek?"

Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 07/28/2009 2:37 AM

"Yesss, of courssse isss wanting to play hide and ssssseek!" The moonling hissed, "What isss you thinking iss wassss doing when following you heresss, EH?! Is wasss hiding! Isss what iss doessss." Oh man did that even make sense? Well, no matter at least this game wasn't entirely boring. If the scary dragon wasn't going to get Nekki maybe this smokey, pointy, hissing... thingy would?
Er, wait that was a bad thing.

"Where issss that thingsss that was sseeking you anyway, eh?" The moonling asked, jumping into the air only to turn into a smokey cloud and go into the shaded branches of the tree to look for the one who was seeking them.
"Iss ssure sshe won't mindss much."

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 08/05/2009 5:10 AM

The shadowy creature returned from it's place among the leaves and solidified next to the lucain. The small creature had to look way up at the dog that was now more pet then wild animal. The moonling stroked his beaky face thoughtfully.
"You is pretty badsss at thissss game. Iss will helpsss you out, if yousss likesss. You will need It; Isss can tell already."
The creature laughed, the sound not meant to be menacing but it definitely came out that way.

(( Sorry for the double post, passing this moonling onto Tazzin. Grats! ))

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous