A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Escape from the Forest (Moonling Hunt-Now Private)

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/16/2009 7:37 PM

Tonix

Tonix loves Tengal Rainforest. Really, she does! She loves to run through the trees at dusk, and play in the lagoons that collect here and there. But this time was different. It wasn't her kind of fun this time, running trough the dark, foreboding trees, trying to find her way home. "Why, oh, why did I have to get lost in this... This... Horrid place?!" Tonix said in a raspy voice that was scratched from lack of use. "I must get home. I must find a way out of this forest!" She burst through the forest, not sure where she was going.

Tonix: (1/5)

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Re: Escape from the Forest (Moonling Hunt-Open)

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/17/2009 7:48 PM

It was getting dark, and Tonix still didn't know where she was, or even where she was going. I'm getting too old for this... she thought. Splashing through unseen puddles in the pitch-black darkness, she ran on, various shrubs whistling past her ears. She continued to run in her panic-stricken state, until she bashed into a large, thick tree. Sliding to the ground, she fell in a heap, unconscious.

Tonix: (2/5)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby ajforpresident » 04/18/2009 1:07 PM

Battlefield Tali

A male Battlefield Tali was walking around in Tengal Forest. "Man," Jake said with a sigh. "I can't believe I have to come all the way here and find another pet for Aj. She has enough 'family members' already..." As he was passing by, he saw Tonix laying on the ground. "What the..? What's a Venom Draculi doing around here?" He looked down at her and saw that she was unconscious. "Poor thing..wait! Now's not the time to get all soft! I need to get this draculi to a safe place. There was a dry place back where I was..I should hurry so she doesn't get sick." Jake then turned into his human form. His camoflauge fur turned into skin and he started to stand on his hindlegs which started to turn into human legs. His maw dissappeared and hands and fingers began to form in place of his paws and claws. Once the transformation was complete in place of a Battlefield Tali was a young boy with tanned skin and raven black hair. He wore a black t-shirt and baggy army pants. He started to pick up Tonix.

[1]
I'm weird? Look, everyone is weird in this world. We just have different things that make us weird. There is no normal in life.
~Me
ajforpresident
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
Pets | Items
Keystones: 321
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/18/2009 7:41 PM

(Hai there! :D )

Feeling someone lift her off the ground, Tonix's eyes snapped open. "Huh, who?" she said, noticing the human that was carrying her. "Hey, who are you?! Let me go!" she screamed, struggling to get free. She grabbed for the nearest thing in the darkness, a branch. "If you don't drop me, right now, I'll... I'll... Well, I'll do something with this here branch."

(Just tell me if I'm being too mean. :oops: )

Tonix: (3/5)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 04/18/2009 10:08 PM

((Hai to you too! And no you're not being too mean  :) ))

Jake felt the draculi start to kick and fuss around. "Stop squirming! You're kicking me!" Tonix then said she'd hurt him with a branch.
A branch? Oh I'm so scared. thought Jake.
He gave a snort then sneered at the female. "Gonna hurt me with a dumb stick eh? Fine. I'll put you down!" So he casually dropped her on the ground.
"I was only trying to help you you know!" Jake yelled at Tonix, his yellow eyes glaring at her. "You were unconscious and in the dark! It's only natural to help someone in trouble!
Jeez..try to give someone a hand and they get all angry... he thought angrily.
[2]
I'm weird? Look, everyone is weird in this world. We just have different things that make us weird. There is no normal in life.
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/18/2009 10:39 PM

"Help me?" Tonix said, thinking back. "Oh, right! I ran into a tree! Now I remember," she said, looking at Jake. She let the fur on her shoulders lie flat. "I'm very sorry for threatening you, and thank you for--" she paused for a moment. "Waking me up," Tonix said with humor in her voice. She shivered with coldness. "Do you, uh, happen to know a place where a gal can get warmed up? Like a shelter?"

Tonix: (4/5)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 04/19/2009 8:16 PM

"Sure, I know a place where we can make camp." Jake then transformed back to his old Battlefield Tali self. "There's an area where there's a hut, looked like someone lived in it before. It's not far, I just passed by it." Jake then turned to the direction it was in. He took a glow stick out of the beltpack he was carrying. He broke it and it's light shone through the dark. "We should be able to get there before it gets really dark. Let's go!" Jake then started to run ahead towards the hut, the glow stick lighting up the way.

[3]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/19/2009 10:09 PM

Tonix stared at the Glowstick with uncertainty. "What is that thing?" she asked Jake, moving cautiously toward it. She shook her head slowly. "The world has changed so much since I was a young one." Shrugging it off, she ran after Jake, eager to get warm, dry, and out of this horrible darkness.

Tonix: (5/5) Level up!

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 04/20/2009 4:44 PM

"Hurry up!" Jake said over his shoulder, as he ran faster. "We're almost there!" He sprinted through the forest, dodging all the trees and jumping over the stumps and vines that could trip someone on the way. The luminesant glow of the glow stick lit the way for Tonix. Then Jake came to a halt. "We're here." He pointed over to a hut made with fallen over trunks and covering the top of it was a bunch of huge leaves from the forest itself. "It's not the best thing but hey, at least it's a shelter."

[4]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/20/2009 5:28 PM

Tonix nodded. "Yes, indeed it is. I'll gather a smidgin of firewood," she said. She picked up a few twigs in her mouth. She dropped them suddenly with disgust. "This will never do. We need more to get a good fire going, and my mouth can't carry more than a few twigs..." She snorted with annoyance. "Unless you have a way to carry firewood, and lots of it, we don't have much of a chance of getting warm.

Tonix: (1/5)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 04/21/2009 8:34 PM

"Okay, I know what to do." Jake then turned to his human form again. He gathered the twigs that Tonix just had and gathered even more branches and twigs for firewood. He then went to the area where the fire was supposed to be and put the twigs and branches there. He then took a matchbox out of his beltpack. He took a match, lit it and threw it in with the twigs and branches. The fire went up in an instant, with the flames creating a huge warmth around the two.
"That takes care of that." Jake said as he sat down by the fire. "I always come prepared." He told Tonix as patted his beltpack and smiled. "Now that we're all settled, how 'bout we introduce ourselves. I'm Jake. And you are..?

[5 Level up!! :)]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/21/2009 8:41 PM

Tonix bowed her head. "Tonix. Well, Jake, what were you doing out in the forest so late?" Tonix inquired. "I mean, it seams a little weird for someone like you to be out at night this late." She looked at the sky. There were no stars visible. "You just don't seem like the dark type. Neither do I, I suppose." She licked a paw nonchalantly. "Matches, huh? In my day, we had to use our bare hands... Er, paws, to survive. I went to survival camp when I was just a little girl," she said. "I was never really good at it, though. But, oh, I really love this forest." She stared wistfully into the nighttime forest, twittering with various birds and the like. She yawned widely. "It's getting pretty late. We ought to get to that shelter," she said after stretching in front of the fire, getting as warm as possible.

Tonic: (2/5)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 04/22/2009 2:57 PM

"Tonix. Nice name." Jake said with a smile.
"What am I doing here you ask?" Jake then sighed. "Well, if you really want to know I'm here for my owner. She wants me to go find this thing called a moonling. She thinks it's an interesting pet. I think it's kinda strange though. So she could stop being annoying always talking about the darn thing, I went out here to go find it. She does this with all the pets she wants. She talks about how nice it'll be with it and then never shuts up about it."

Jake laughed. "Survival camp eh? I went to something like that. I was about 15 when I went to this camp. My dad called it 'Brat Camp' since I was a bit of a troublemaker. He sent me there to learn how to listen. Unfortunately, I apparently didn't learn my lesson since I got kicked out. My father let me go after that, said I need to 'grow up.' "  Jake looked into the fire looking a bit remorseful. He continued. "But while I was there I did learn a few survival tips. Actually, being there was a survival lesson. A lot of the kids there managed to get in with weapons. So, if you did something someone didn't like, you might end up dead. Plus, you had to stay outside in the wilderness where all the danger was." Jake looked up to the star-less night. "Having to be afraid, hoping that today isn't your last day to live....that's tough. It was tough for even me. I was someone who couldn't be scared easily."

Jake then looked at Tonix. "Yeah you're right. It is getting dark. We should be heading for the shelter." Jake got up and took out a canteen from his pack and put out the fire with the water. He put the canteen away and then turned back into his Battlefield form. "There's only one bed in there. You can take it though." He laid down on the ground and tried to get as comfortable as possible. "Good night."

[6]

((That's basically his whole life in a nutshell. Poor thing. :cry: ))
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/22/2009 9:39 PM

(*cries* aww!)

Tonix's head shot up at the mention of "Moonling." "Moonlings, huh? I've always wanted to find one of those! My owner wants one, too. She's all about the wild pets," she said all in one breath. She squinted at the fire flickered out. "Ah yes. The shelter," Tonic said as Jake walked to the shelter. Hearing that she could take the only bed, she said softly, "Thank you..." She bounded after himn and lept onto the bed. She kneaded the mattress until it was of the right consistency, spun around 3 times, and plopped into the out crop that she made in the mattress. "Thank you for letting me sleep in the bed. It's good for my old bones." Her eyes slid shut. "See you tomorrow."

Tonix: (3/5)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 04/27/2009 6:36 PM

Jake managed to hear Tonix say good night before he drifted off to a deep sleep. "Yeah. See you tomorrow..."

The next day....

Jake woke up when the sun was starting to rise. He got up with a large yawn. He stretched a couple of times and then went over to Tonix. He saw that she was still sleeping so he didn't want to wake her. He whispered, "I'm going out to find some food nearby. I'll be right back." Jake then went off to find some distant tree.

When he got back he was in his human form had a handful of banannas and mangoes with him. He placed them on Tonix's bed and then sat next to her. He shook her a bit and said, "Hey, sleepy head. Wake up. It's morning already."

[7]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Next