A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Re: Escape from the Forest (Moonling Hunt-Open)

Postby ajforpresident » 06/10/2009 4:18 PM

Kai gave a nod and said, "Tonix is right. We should be moving on." He then started deeper into the forest. "C'mon, let's go." Jake called after the Venom Draculi as he followed Kai.

As they walked, the sun slowly started to set. They had walked until they came in an huge area surrounded with trees, but enough space to set up camp for the night.  Kai looked up at the sky. "The sun's almost down." Jake then said with a grin, "That means that the Moonlings should be coming soon!" Kai sat down on a log and said with a sigh of exhaustion. "I'm beat..."
"Maybe we could set up camp here?" Jake asked.
"Good idea. I'll go get some firewood." Kai started to get up.
"No, you stay here. I'll go get some firewood. Besides, you need to rest awhile." Jake then went out to go look around and left Kai with Tonix.
((That's okay. :3 I kinda just made a short post too soo...XD))

[Level 2; 14] [Level 2; 14]
I'm weird? Look, everyone is weird in this world. We just have different things that make us weird. There is no normal in life.
~Me
ajforpresident
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
Pets | Items
Keystones: 321
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/12/2009 9:10 AM

Tonix's maw stretched in a yawn as she bounded into the clearing. "Ah, yes. Setting up here would be nice. But there's still the matter of food..." Tonix said, looking at her own belly, which was growling furiously. Oh, why didn't we keep that stupid rabbit?! Tonix thought. She watched as Jake left the clearing to get firewood. She sighed and stood up. "Well, if he's getting firewood, I'm going hunting. These old bones haven't failed me yet!"

Tonix: (1/5)

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby ajforpresident » 06/12/2009 12:35 PM

"We do need food. I'll go with you." After that, Kai started to transform. His head began turn more fox-like and fuzzy. Ears protruded from his head and a tail came from behind him. His hands and feet began to shrink and turn into paws and forepaws. Finally, when the transformation was almost complete, out from his back came two pairs of wings. "God...that still hurts...when the wings come out..." Kai muttered, feeling a bit of pain. He flexed his wings a little, getting used to them being there.

((Arrghhh!!! Short posts are sooooo annoying!!!!))

[Level 3; 15; Level up!!] [Level 3; 15; Level up!!]
I'm weird? Look, everyone is weird in this world. We just have different things that make us weird. There is no normal in life.
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/24/2009 12:16 AM

(Oi. Late reply. :oops: )

Tonix nodded to Kai and bounded off into the woods, sniffing around for prey. Almost immediately, she caught the smell of bird. Looking around, she saw a pidgeon pecking among the various plants. Keeping her tail close to the ground, Tonix creapt foward. She flattened her ears and lifted each paw very carefully. She was just about to pounce when a loud rustling noise came from a nearby bush, scaring the pidgeon off. "Dang!" Tonix practically shouted as the plump bird flew off in a rush of feathers. Turning to face the bush that had scared her prey, she shouted, "Alright, whoever you are, show yourself!"

Tonix: (2/5)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby ajforpresident » 06/28/2009 11:38 AM

((Sorry that I'm late....I've been busy outside of evelon... :oops: ))

As Tonix went one way, Kai got on all fours and started to sniff around the area. He picked up a scent and followed it. He then spotted a white rabbit nibbling on a flower. He realized that, amazingly it was the same white rabbit from earlier on. He recognized the small little nick in its ear. Kai got ready to pounce, his tail close to the ground. He slowly stalked behind the rabbit making sure he was quiet enough so the rabbit wouldn't hear him coming from behind. Then with a quick flash of movement, he pounced on the rabbit, threw it up in the air, then caught it in his jaws and shook it around until the rabbit had no life left in it. Kai shook his head and said, "I'm sorry little guy. Even though I just let you go, people got to eat." He then carried the rabbit in his mouth, like a cat would a mouse, and tried to find his way back to the campsite.

More rustling came from the bush Tonix was staring at, and out came Jake. In his arms he carried sticks, branches, and leaves for the fire. He then noticed Tonix.
"Oh, hey, Tonix. Find anything yet?"Jake said, unaware that he just made her lose her prey.

[Jake: Level 3; 16] [Kai: Level 3; 16]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/10/2009 9:30 PM

Tonix flicked her ear irritably. "Yes, I found something!" She snapped. "Until you scared it off!" Tonix sighed. "Well, I know you didn't mean to. Kai should be waiting for you back at camp. I'm going to do a bit more hunting," she said, walking into the brush. Almost immediately the scent of squirrel hit her nostrils, and soon she located the plump, brown creature scuffling among the bracken. Tonix crept foward until she was a few feet away, and she pounced, delivering a swift bite to its neck. "Finally! I caught something!" Tonix said with a hint of glee. She bounded back toward the camp as fast as she could.

Tonix: (3/5)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draconial » 07/11/2009 6:26 PM

Something sparkled in the underbrush, and some leaves rustled. A twig cracked, and there was a few footsteps, then a skittering noise in a tree near their camp. As Tonix neared the camp, a hiss came from the trees, and there were two glimmering eyes in a branch above her. a few moments later, something brst from the trees, bounded over to Tonix, and grabbed the squirrel's leg with fang-filled jaws, trying to get it away from her, and it was pretty strong, too.
When you can make your own universe... Who needs this one?
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 37
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 07/14/2009 10:23 AM

Kai had finally made it to the campsite. He took a seat on the ground and laid the rabbit down next to him. "Jake should be here by now, all he had to do was get firewood." He looked around and said with a sigh, "Tonix not here either. Where are those two?"

Jake looked at Tonix with a sheepish smile and muttered, "Sorry." When Tonix managed to capture the squirrel, and he said, "Good! You caught something. Let's head back to camp." But then a strange noise came from the bushes. A few footsteps followed with it. "Did you hear that?" he whispered to Tonix. Then out of nowhere a strange creature ran out and tried to grab the squirrel from Tonix. "Hey, that's ours!" Jake put down the firewood, and transformed back into his original form quickly. He growled, with his teeth bared, and hissed, "Back off!"

[Jake: Level 3; 17] [Kai: Level 3; 17]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/14/2009 12:29 PM

Tonix's eyes blazed as the strange creature yanked on her squirrel. "Oh no you don't!" She snapped through clenched teeth. She shook her head wildly in attempt to shake off her offender. Suddenly, she noticed the squirrel being practically ripped to pieces. "Jake!" She yelled, "Help me out here!"

(Sorry for the short post~)

Tonix: (4/5)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draconial » 07/14/2009 6:00 PM

The creature spat out the squirrel's leg (now ripped off), walked over to the edge of their camp, and simply sat down, its tail flicking the air. It glared at the trio with cold, unforgiving eyes. It seemed as if the jungle creature was calm, as the exterior seemed, but it was actually ready to snatch the meat back at any given moment. After all, if you were hunting, and somebody randomly took your prey away just as you were about to have it, wouldn't you want it back?
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 07/23/2009 8:34 PM

((Draconial do you mind re-doing your post? I'm a bit confused about it. Also sorry about the REALLY late post.))

Kai was about to go and take the half-torn squirrel from the starnge creature when all of a sudden it ran off. "What the-" He saw it run away and then looked at Tonix. "Okay, what just happened?" he asked her. He then looked down at the squirrel, that was now disembodied and gave a low curse. "Great. There goes are food."

Kai was starting to become impatient. He was pacing around, thinking about Jake and Tonix. "Where are those two?" He then sighed. "I guess I'm going to have to look for them." Kai then started his away from the campsite and out to look for the two.

[Jake: Level 3; 18] [Kai: Level 3; 18]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/30/2009 8:13 PM

(*scuttles in* Err, sorry I'm late? D:)

Tonix shrugged. "It's probably still edible," she said, sniffing the squirrel. She reeled back at the stench coming off of it in waves. "Err, scratch that." Tonix looked at where the creature had dissapeared. "It looks like it's headed towards camp!" Tonix exclaimed, turning to Jake, "We ave to warn Kai!" Without waiting for a reply, Tonix zoomed in the direction the Leumoo had ran, obviously not letting her old age get to her. Hoping Jake was on her heels, Tonix burst into camp and looked around wildly. She quickly spotted the theif and stepped toward it. "Oh, come now. I'm sure we can work something out," she said coldly, looking into the Leumoo's eyes with malice. She flexed her claws. If this thing attacked, she would be ready.

Tonix: (5/5) Level up!

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 07/30/2009 8:48 PM

"Let's hope Kai brought some food.." Jake sighed. When Tonix had noticed that the strange creature was going near the campsite and started running there as fast as she could, Jake thought about Kai and became worried. He raced on after Tonix, hoping they could get there in time. Kai! Jake thought. You better be okay!

Kai had started to walk away from the site, when a creature popped out of nowhere and sat right there, glaring at him. A...Leumoo? he thought. What's a Leumoo doing here? Kai, still in his original form, got in a defensive postion. I don't who this is or what they want, but I have to be ready if they decide to attack. Tonix then rushed in. "Tonix? What are you doing here? Where's Jake?"
"Right here!"
Jake rushed in right next to Tonix and said to Kai, "We're right here, Kai." Jake then got ready to attack the Leumoo, growling menacingly. Kai smiled at his apprentice. He's grown up... he thought. "Right then!" Kai came in closer towards the Leumoo, now cornered by Tonix, Jake and Kai, all of them claws out, ready to attack if the Leumoo did. "It's no use." Jake said. Kai then added, with a cold-sounding voice and his ice-blue eyes like daggers, glaring at the Leumoo, "You're cornered. If you don't attack and leave us alone, then won't have to resort to tearing you apart."

[Jake: Level 3; 19] [Kai: Level 3; 19]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draconial » 08/02/2009 8:15 AM

The leumoo simply sat wherte it was. It wasn't attacking them, at least not at the moment. It looked through the trees, and saw the orange light from a sunset leaking through them. It folded its front paws, and gave a low growl in Kai and Jake's direction, then set its chin on its crossed paws. The fire was reflected in the Leumoo's eyes, and the dancing flame made it almost look....evil.
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 10/02/2009 9:37 PM

((Okay, REEEALLLY late post, but.... :oops: ))

The look in the Leumoo's eyes gave Jake a small shiver that ran up and down his spine. Kai glanced at Jake and murmured, "Relax, Jake. Stand your ground." Jake looked back at his master and nodded. "You've done great with your training, so I'm sure you'll be fine. And don't worry. If it attacks and you can't protect yourself in time, I'll keep you safe."
Jake turned suddenly at his master, in shock of his words. Kai didn't look back at him, or show any expression, but Jake knew he meant what he said. A strange warmth spread through him.

Is this... he thought. This feeling...this warmth...is this what it feels to be happy? Jake had been always been the troublemaker, the brat. He always was shunned and was usually being  the one yelled at. Even his own father disowned him because of his behavior. But this person, this boy, not much older than him, cared for him, and praised him. Jake had never had that before. So these feelings of happiness and joy were foriegn to him.

Jake then gathered a bunch of courage and started to step forward to the strange creature. "Jake! What are you doing?!" Kai was beginning to stop his apprentice when Jake turned around to face his master.
"Master." Jake said in a voice unlike his own. "I'll be fine, don't worry." He then continued to the Leumoo. He stopped right in front of it and spoke. "If you can speak, please tell me this. Why are you here stealing our food. What gives you the right to do this?"

[Jake: Level 4; 20] [Kai: Level 4; 20]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext