A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

And You... LIVE Here? (P)

Postby Moofius » 05/18/2009 10:49 PM

The sun had not yet risen, leaving the surrounding rain forest cool and damp. A slight light was rising but the thick canopy, would not allow it to make it to this place. The path she traveled risked being over run by the thick ferns of the Tengel, the leaves brushing against her ankles, leaving dew. Her feet were cold, wet and bare. She preferred being closer to the earth when she visited graveyards, closer to the souls who lay resting here.
She'd found that most ghosts didn't dwell in graveyards, but at the place they died. But some ghosts followed their bodies and remained close to their physical vessels as a comfort thing. Often these ghosts would not leave too easily but, so long as they were happy, she could not force them.

The wall around the graveyard seemed in disrepair as she easily stepped over the fallen gate which was quickly returning to the earth. Her metal anklets tinkled merrily against each other as she walked. They were silver, like her bangles and her simple chain link belt. She wore a cut off pair of jeans and a baggy reddish-purple t-shirt. Long black hair hung down to her lower back, straight as a ruler and tame. She walked among the gravestones sensing at least one spirit and... somebody living? There was that... warmth of a life that was alive.
"Hmmm...."

(( Note to self, her name is Avani. XD So I don't forget. XD ))
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Re: And You... LIVE Here? (P)

Postby Icey » 05/18/2009 10:59 PM

Cerlin shifted in his sleep, his arms wrapped around Ava. While Ava, most of the time, was intangible, she was solid while she slept. Unfortunately she rarely 'slept' fully. She opened her eyes as somebody crosses the barrier,something living. She shifted upwards, stretching out her ghost hands and moving through the dirt roof of Cerlin's home. It would be nice to pull some pranks.

The ghostly girl grabbed a few pinecones from the ground, juggling them a few rounds before dropping them and sitting on a tombstone. Should it be chills, leveitating objects, then sounds? Or Sounds, chills, and moving things? She thought idly, brushing her blonde hair back. Why did the living always have to bother her?
[Why do we die?] (So you can live!)
[Why do we strive?]
(So you can win! But why did you defy every truthful word I recommend?)
[My question back, why do you recommend an ode temptation]

ImageImage
(So I can test your patience and tolerance in the face of sin)
[But why attest when you hold all the answers to the state we in?
(For you to bear witness of imperfections of mortal men)
[So it's a lesson?]
(And a blessing Journey back to where you been 'Cause before the tree can flourish seeds must first be planted in)
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 66
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/18/2009 11:07 PM

It wasn't a huge graveyard and most, if not all, the souls here were at rest. Besides the one she'd sensed before. The ghost would probably come to her but she looked around anyway, searching around. Her ability wasn't perfect but she was more in tune to ghosts then most. Their voices came in whispers to her, only being of a speaking volume when they were right next to her. Their ghostly forms were easier to see in this kind of lighting. When the light was full on them or there was very little light she couldn't see them so well. The light here was... weak and had no real direction.

This perfect set up (and the floating pinecones in her peripheral) drew her attention to the ghost. Hair colour and any other colour was lost to Avani as the ghosts were seen only as transparent things. They had shape, not flat, but no colour and depth could be easy or hard to see. It was the light that affected this, too.
"Morning," Avani said, giving a small smile, tossing in a small wave for good measure. Most ghosts (not graveyard ones, generally) didn't realise they were ghosts. Best to treat them as if they were still alive, first, before easing them into the "bad news".

The living girl kept her distance, sitting down on a tombstone (being careful not to place her feet directly above the body. Even though the bodies soul had probably passed on she'd always been taught that it was disrespectful.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icey » 05/18/2009 11:25 PM

Ava stopped, staring at this woman before her. "You.. can see me?" She asked, eyebrows furrowing with thought. "Why can YOU see me.." She half asked, half stated. She shifted once more, running her fingers through her hair.. Maybe if she concentrated she could add a bit more.. life.. into her apperence.. She glanced around, sensing no other spirits... Cerlin could rest for a while.

Speaking of Cerlin, he fell out of bed. He sat up and rubbed his head. "Ava?" He grunted, crawling up the tunnel to reach the oustide. It wasn't like her to run off like this...
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
(And a blessing Journey back to where you been 'Cause before the tree can flourish seeds must first be planted in)
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/18/2009 11:31 PM

The girl just nodded, then shrugged her shoulders, "I've always been able to see ghosts," she said, fingers locking together, locked around her knee. That leg was bent, nearly pressed against her chest, her other leg dangled, big toe drawing circles in the soft, rich dirt.
"So then, you know you are a ghost?" she asked, tipping her head to the side. Most ghosts, once they'd realized they were ghosts, moved on rather easily, "Why haven't you moved on into the next part of your life?"

Maybe she was scared? She didn't look scared, maybe surprised... But that might be because she was being seen. From the look of the pine cones it seemed this girl was something of a trickster.
She didn't notice Cerlin waking, his home hidden from view from this angle.

The song birds were starting to come out, happily twittering and singing in the trees. It was a good morning to go on to the after life.
"If you'd like help getting there, I could do that for you...? Ah... I think I left my manners at home," she said with a nervous smile, "I'm Avani."

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icey » 05/18/2009 11:38 PM

Ava snorta. "Yeah, right. Your funnier than Boobs. No, I don't need help moving on, I don't want to move on. Oh, Hi Cerlin." She said, waving at the Lucain, who was currently dragging himself out of his dirty home. Cerlin gave a grunt and heaved himself out of the mound, laying on the cool ground.. Cool.. sleepy.. ground.. His brain wasn't quite working yet, still tired from sleep.

Ava looked over to Crlin and smiled, picking up a pinecone. "Can I help you, Avani?" She asked, eyeing the woman carefully.
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/18/2009 11:44 PM

So the ghost didn't want to move on. At this Avani frowned, looking confused, maybe concerned.
"Any reason why? If... you want to answer, you don't have to. I'm just curious," actually, she hoped to convince the little ghost that moving on was for the best. But she couldn't convince her without first knowing why she wouldn't move on.
"Ah... Well... I suppose I came to have a conversation. If you would like one with me then, yes, you can help me?" the lucain female smiled, rubbing the bridge of her nose thoughtfully. What did she mean...?
"Who or what is Boobs?" she asked.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/18/2009 11:48 PM

Then there was a man there. She stood up, looking a little bit nervous now. He was a pretty scruffy guy and, well, he'd just crawled out of a graveyard... a grave... Was he undead? Her heart fluttered nervously in her chest and she tried to calm herself. Come on now, he wasn't like, a zombie or something equally rediculous. ... Right? The ghost girl seemed to know him. Cerlin?
"Ah.... I hope I'm not... intruding but... Why are you... in the graveyard... asleep?"

(( Sorry, short. Dx;; ))

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icey » 05/18/2009 11:53 PM

Ava blinked and shrugged. "Boobs was Cerlin's mate. She left him." She said simply, stretching out. "And I wont pass on until Cerlin does. Once he's gone I'll leave.." She said simply, glancing to the small amount of shifting earth that came from Cerlin as he dosed. The cool earth was just what he needed to get back to sleep. He was reluctant to move. His fingers twitched, as did his tails. He wanted sleeeep.
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icey » 05/18/2009 11:57 PM

Cerlin's ears flicked over to the womans voice. HE groaned and pushed himself up, shaking off a few stray bits of dirt. "I'm Cerlin.. I live here." He said gruffly. His gold eyes flickered, then stopped. She was pretty... Well, he was still groggy..

Ava stood up and helped Cerlin up. letting him lean on her ghostly form. "Who.. are you?" He asked slowly, his brain trying to catch up to his body. He raised na eyebrow.. did she seem.. afriad? "You arn't dead are you?" He asked his regular question. He didn't trust the dead.. they were annoying.
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/19/2009 12:01 AM

The lucain girl (apparently fully human, not a tail or strange animal ear to be seen) listened to the ghost, frowning. So she was bound to... this Cerlin person, she couldn't help wonder why. Avani would have asked but something very strange caught her attention.

He lived here?
"You live... here? ... I... Are you sure that's legal?" She asked, brows furrowed. Who was this guy? ... Probably not anybody good. A killer, rapist, a refugee, somebody who escaped from the asylum... So many things. She frowned, not feeling entirely safe. Her arms were now crossed across her chest.
"My name is Avani and I'm 100 percent living... Ah... But... You know..." she turned to the ghost girl, "Sorry, you never introduced yourself," back to Cerlin, "This girl here is... a ghost... You do know that, right?"

Well if he was uncomfortable around dead people, ghosts, it only seemed fair to warn him that his companion was a ghost.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icey » 05/19/2009 12:07 AM

Ava smiled and helped Cerlin sit down, taking a seat next to him. "Yes it's legal, I take care of this place... and yes.. Ava is dead.... you can see her too?" He asked, rubbing his eyes lightly. He was starting to wake up, which could be a good or bad thing.

While he wrapped his tails around his waist he gave a small streatch. "What are you doing around these parts? Lots of scarey things lurking around.." He said softly, glancing at Ava. She gave a nod, seeming to reassure him that it was ok.
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/19/2009 12:56 AM

Avani nodded slowly, "Yah.... I won't be able to see Ava once the sun is up properly, but right now I can see her, yes," she said, he didn't seem to be acting very threateningly towards her. Maybe he was trying to draw her in? The last thing he said only furthering her discomfort.

"Ah... I was... born in Nabias, I'm used to the Tengel... But... I'm in this village and this... graveyard because... I'm travelling around? ... Ah... I help ghosts leave the human world. Sometimes... Sometimes they get stuck, or don't realise they're dead," she looked to Ava, "Though I don't force them to leave, so... I won't try and make you. Sorry for... prying...." she looked to Cerlin, "Have you always been able to see ghosts?"

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icey » 05/19/2009 9:20 AM

Cerlin arched an eyebrow. "You help them move... and you have to find them?" he asked, crossing his arms lightly. "Yes I can see them. Day, night, color, black and white, when I'm sleeping and whenever I go into a city." He said, soundingly slightly upset by this fact. "I can't get rid of them. Help one, they all swarm me. And then all that movement attracts the demons." He said, wrinkling his nose lightly.

Ava giggled and floated over to Avani. "You know he's harmless, right? He couldn't hurt you if he wanted to, your ghost would probably harrass him." She said, giggling at the look Cerlin shot her. "Nuh-uh.. I'm scarey..." Cerlin pouted, giving a snort. "Oh look, it's a bunny~!" He said, his attention turning to the white fluffy rabbit that was hoping along the boarders of the graveyard.
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/19/2009 1:32 PM

He didn't have much of an attention span.
"Demons?" She asked, head tipping to the side, "I've never dealt with demons... or even... swarms of ghosts..." No, one or two. Of course mass haunting did exist, but she'd never gone to anything that advertised that. The idea was much to fearsome. All of those souls, all of those feelings would be too over whelming for her. No, she couldn't do that, not without some back up, some help.

He didn't seem the type to want to help ghosts. Well, it wasn't easy. It could be really scary and nerve wracking, she did know that and would be the first to admit that. Well, by the looks of it, Cerlin would be the first to admit that. If something fluffy hadn't caught his attention just before, anyway. She smiled, the look was amused but not openly so.
"Seems strange that somebody who can see ghosts and the like so clearly would stay in a grave yard."
Ghosts didn't often appear in graveyards, but they came and went more consistently then any other location.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next