A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Re: Lost Indside the Mind...[P]

Postby clackno1 » 06/21/2009 1:01 PM

"Yeah, so if we want to get there before we'll have to go faster!" She bounded off and soon disappeared into the foliage. She was excited to find a moonling, and an old temple would be exciting too. Hopefully there wouldn't be any dead things there, and no big spiders. There were usually big spiders in the jungle, right? Also big beetles, and a lot of other big bugs. Calli's small size was coming in handy. She was able to fit through small spaces that would slow most everyone else down. Calli was trying to keep to the larger path, since Kiana had to follow her and she didn't want the common kuhna to get lost. She paused for a second and went up to look through the canopy to make sure she was on the right track.

~~~

Eshe walked back down to the main room and watched the slow rise and fall of Vandol's chest. That and the occasional twitch of his ear told her he was alive. Even in his sleep he didn't look peaceful. He looked tormented. All the things he kept bottled up from her during the day spilled out onto his face at night. She sighed. Might as well wake him up. She went over to the fountain and filled up a clean bowl of the cool water. When it was about full she took it and dumped it's contents onto Vandol's head. She got heavy breathing and spluttering in return. Vandol looked around the unfamiliar environment."Why am I here?" He said."Because it looks safer than sitting out in the open where anything could get you. You could be eaten alive and not even be able to see the inside of what ate you since you'd be asleep." She replied.

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Postby potterchic » 06/23/2009 9:49 PM

"I guess so," Kiana said, bounding after the myuu reaper. What were they going to do at the temple? She started going more carefully, not wanting to fall. She watched Calli pop up through the leaves. "So, are we going the right way, Navigator?" she asked playfully. Calli liked games, so why not make this one?
Oh, what a guy, that Gaston!

Avatar from here. Signature picture from here.
potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 150
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 06/24/2009 7:33 PM

Calli giggled."Yep!" She said. Navigator. It had a nice ring to it. Kiana was relying on her to get them there, since she couldn't look herself. Kiana was too big for the thin branches above to hold. She jumped back into the lower branches to walk with Kiana."Can we play I Spy?" She waited to beg, thinking of using it as a threat this time instead of using it right off the bat. There were lots of things to spy in the trees, and it would be challenging, for both of them. Hide-And-Seek had mostly been challenging just for Kiana, but it was still fun.

~~~

"Fine." He mumbled, laying back down and putting his head on his paws. At least with the incense burning he could probably get a pretty good amount of easy sleep."That incense should help calm you and your mind, and that drug should still have a bit of an effect." Eshe grabbed a torch from a holder, blew it out, and started to stick a few sweet smelling herbs to it with some homemade glue. She threw a few more herbs into the fire for some extra scent and started walking back up the tunnel with the torch, filling it with the smoke. Maybe if she put something at the mouth of the tunnel she could attract something to eat. Vandol was content with fruit from the jungle, but she need more to satisfy her blacj magic's cravings. When she left the room she silently set up a shield at the entrance to the main room. That shield would keep Vandol in and keep anyone outside from seeing him. Extra precautions.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 06/27/2009 4:40 PM

"Okay, well you'll have to check every one and a while either way. This place is like a maze." Kiana said, watching the myuu reaper jump back down to the low-ish branches. "Fine. But it might be sort of hard to find anything here unless it's something green or a plant." she waited for Calli to yell out that she saw something that Kiana could never find.

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 06/27/2009 8:22 PM

Calli bounced with joy. More games! She'd never run out of ideas, so even if they did get lost they wouldn't get board. She'd keep Kiana entertained so she wouldn't go crazy."Okay, okay, I spy something...Black and red!" She called. She had spotted a small beetle crawling along the branches."That shouldn't be too hard, right?" A beetle was small, but probably easy to spot in all the green around them. The only thing that wasn't green was the occasional beetle, the occasional flower or berry, the occasional dead leaf, and the branches of the trees. "Do you have it yet?" Calli asked.

~~~

He was bored. Laying in a dark hole with only the sound of water the crackling flames filling the emptiness was not considered entertainment for Vandol. he decided to look around. Herbs and plants in one corner, then the fountain, wall covered in moss and other fungi, the fire, another wall. The room was pretty empty, and there wasn't very much to do or look at. Great. he was probably trapped in an empty room in a temple that's filled with death with nothing to do. How interesting. He went back to his spot in the corner and looked around the space once more. Then something glittered for a second in the firelight. That certainly caught his attention. He walked over to the spot and found a crevice in the wall. It looked almost like a shelf. He looked into the space in the wall and found a small crystal.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 07/07/2009 1:25 PM

Kiana looked around, trying to think of what could be black and red here. She was white and red, although her fur was getting pretty dirty. She figured that it wouldn't be too hard to find something red, depending on the size, so really she just needed to try and find red things, then check them for black... "No, not yet... You must have really good eyesight, because I guess this thing is pretty small. Nothing red really seems to stand out so far." she said, scanning the branches above her.

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 07/07/2009 2:23 PM

"Keep looking." Calli said. She watched the small striped beetle walk on the branch by their paws. Kiana was just looking in the wrong spot, that's all. Hopefully the beetle wouldn't crawl onto their paws. Calli wasn't a big fan of insects and Kiana might not be too happy about a beetle crawling on her paws. Also, she might find the beetle and it'd be her turn to spy. Maybe Kiana would get frustrated and give up, and then Calli could spy again! Though that actually might not happen, she could hope. There were only three choices. Kiana could be stubborn and keep looking, she could find the beetle, and she could give up. Hopefully she wouldn't be stubborn and they could continue with the game.

~~~

Eshe had a small pile of edible berries set out at the entrance to the temple. She wasn't going to waste time ambushing something, so she'd made a sleeping potion and soaked the fruit in it. The fruit still smelled like fruit, but one bite and you'd know something was up, but by then it's be to late. Even if you spit out the fruit you would have gotten the potion in your mouth and there was no way you could spit all of it out. And even one drop would put you to sleep for at least an hour, and that gave Eshe plenty of time to track you down. She liked her food living while she ate it. Living and squirming. While Eshe had made her potion Vandol of course had asked what it was and she had told him the truth. That it was for food. She wasn't sure he believed her, but his loss. Vandol had pulled the crystal out of the crevice and immediately recognized it. How did Eshe get this? He thought.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 07/09/2009 5:47 PM

Kiana glanced over at Calli, realising that she was watching something. She followed the myuu reaper's gaze over the a strange looking beetle walking on the branches near her feet. She jumped, falling down a branch before she extended her claws to cling onto one. "Well, I found your red and black something." she said, out of breath and shaken. She climbed back up, looking around for something to spy. All she seemed to see was green and brown. She noticed a flower of some sort... A lotus...? Among all of the plants below them. "I spy something pink-ish purple-ish."

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 07/09/2009 10:31 PM

Calli was upset that Kiana had spied the beetle, but she wouldn't hold onto it. Calli wondered what could be pinkish-purple and decided to have a small look around. She jumped through a screen of leaves and started climbing around the branches looking for anything the same color that Kiana had described. She found herself in the upper branches, above Kiana, and dropped down through the leaves onto the kuhna's back. "I don't see anything in the upper branches." She said, as if she had been there the whole time, looking with her eyes instead of her paws. Calli knew that the pinkish-purple whatever had to be in the lower branches, and if not then they had to have passed or Kiana was making things up to frustrate her.

~~~

Vandol thought he'd dropped the crystal during the fire, so when had Eshe picked it up? It had to be before the fire went out, because everything would have been black from the ash. So had she picked it up during the fire? How, and where had she found it? "You know, it's easier to just ask me instead of sitting there, staring at it like an idiot." Vandol jumped at the rollaby's voice and dropped the crystal in the dirt. He quickly picked it back up and hid it behind his back as he turned to face her. "I don't know what you mean." He wasn't the best liar, but he could get by easily in some situations, even if the person hadn't completely believed him. "I'm not stupid. I can see your arm, holding something, right there, and you're right by the crevice, sitting there and doing nothing. Why would sit and stare at the wall and happen to be right next to the place where I put the blasted rock."

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 08/29/2009 3:55 PM

"Good, because I didn't either." Kiana knew it wouldn't be long until the myuu reaper noticed the flower. She was smart, unlike some creatures. Evelon was a mix of mindless beasts and practically human beings. One common kuhna might run around and scent and nasty stuff like that, but Kiana was as close to human as she could be, without actually resembling a human. Weird, right? Yeah, it's hard to understand things sometimes, especially in Evelon.

((Sorry, my muse has died, and  have trouble writing anything at all that isn't a quote or something. I'm gonna try and get back into RPing, because it's one of those things that I'm trying to cling to.))

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 08/29/2009 6:53 PM

(Try creating a new character, reading a book, or try writing your own book. It helps sometimes to resurrect your muse or you could even reincarnate it if you read a different genre of book then what you're used to and you get obsessed. You could always try going to the movies?)

Calli did a cannon ball into the leaves below and landed right next to the flower in a group of leaves. It was a relatively soft landing but she still felt a bit sore after getting up. Her eyes glittered with joy as she saw the flower and picked it with her tiny jaws. Calli climbed up through the branches and found her way back up onto Kiana's back and stuck the flower in the kuhna's fur. "I found it! Now you look pretty!" She slid off of her friends back to walk on her own. "Now i want to play a different game. lets play Twenty Question. You go first. Think of something in her head and I have to ask twenty question or less to figure out what it is." She said happily.

~~~

"Okay, so why do have this anyways? What does it mean to you?" Vandol asked. Eshe just sighed in response. "Don't you remember when Claustrophobia--" "Calli." Vandol corrected. "Right. When Calli found it. You know it was impossible for her to have seen it. It was buried under those other rocks. Don't you think that's a bit odd?" Vandol stayed silent. He had suspected something, but Calli was just a kid, mentally. He had thought she had maybe found it by accident when she had gone to search through the rocks. "It was no accident. I suppose she had seen it, in a way, but not the way you'd think. She has potential. I might use her for something later on." Was all she said. Vandol got angry. "If you involve her with any of this..." "What are you going to do? Attack? Go ahead and try." She laughed a little as she tried to tempt him. Why not attack her? He thought. It's not like he'd kill her. So he pounced, claws outstretched. And suddenly he was pinned to the ground by...nothing? "I have more power over you than you know, you fool. That potion I gave you did more than put you to sleep for a little while. Vandol snarled at her and she just waved her paw and his jaws snapped shut. "There's no reason to be rude." She said, cackling.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 08/29/2009 7:26 PM

((Thanks. I can't really go to the movies, and I'm that kind of weird person who has trouble reading anything but fantasy, but I think there's a book somewhere on my shelf that's a little more realistic, but still with those fantasy qualities. I'm gonna try and get back into this, the plot is extremely interesting. Eshe's got plans for not only Vandol, but Calli now, too. Plus, Calli tends to be fun to play with.))

"You okay? We don't need you limping the whole way." she said just before the myuu reaper climbed onto her back. "Thank you. If we find water or something in time, we'll have to see how it looks on YOU though." she said, thinking that the myuu reaper might like that. "Twenty questions? Okay, let's see... Okay, I've got one, you can start." she said, deciding on 'book' for what she'd have Calli guess.

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 09/01/2009 12:44 PM

(Not problem. I don't like seeing RPers stop RPing because they have a dead muse)

Calli giggled when Kiana told her she could try on the flower. Her backside barely hurt anymore. "Okay, is it...a plant?" She asked when Kiana had said she was ready for Calli to start asking. One question down, nineteen to go. The little myuu reaper noticed the trees starting to thin and wondered if they were close to the temple or not. She had to jump to reach the branches of the next tree and was starting to see bits and pieces of the ground below. She couldn't wait until they reached the temple. She kept going over what she would say if they found a moonling to get it to come with them back home. She started to imagine what they would do together and where they would go.

~~~

"Don't struggle, 'cause you to can't. You trust me too much. You forget that I'm not doing this to help you. I'm doing this to help me. I know what you'd say, 'You're selfish and insane'. Well, I am." It took Vandol a few seconds to realize she had pulled those words right from his thoughts. He glared at her with murderous eyes. When she fell asleep she wasn't going to wake up again. He didn't care if she was his only hope at help. She was a menace. He'd kill her and go live up in the mountains. "You really think you can scare me, don't you? I'm bored of your thoughts now. Why don't you get a little rest. Our guests will be arriving soon." He didn't get a chance to answer. Eshe waved her hand in front of his eyes and he blacked out. Eshe bought her paws together and vanished. She went to the top of the temple, invisible. Nothing could see her, but she could see all. Now she just had to wait.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 09/10/2009 8:34 PM

"No, not a plant." she said, wondering if it was considered lying if it was once a plant, or parts of it were, anyway. "So, do you see anything out there? Are we closer then we thought we'd be?" Kiana said, following as closely behind Calli as she could. "Ooops, sorry, am I not supposed to talk unless I'm answering a question, just in case I distract you?" she was used to playing the electronic game, where really she could do whatever she wanted. Of course, your options could be rather limited at times, depending on the type of game you're using's data base. They had one from the human world at home, and some of the things it would guess were completely knew to Kiana. Once it even guessed some silly creature called a pheonix when she was so obviously thinking of a blaze matches.

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 09/10/2009 8:59 PM

"Okay, not a plant...is it organic?" General questions to start, then they'd get specific and more specific until she knew what Kiana was thinking of. "I think we're close." Calli said, as she climbed up into the branches of a tree to look out the top. The tree was smaller than the others before and the upper branches were thinner. She had to be careful to choose the thickest ones. "Oh, yeah, we're really close." She called down. "And it's huge. " She said. The temple towered over her and she almost fell backwards trying to see the top. The stone was weathered and covered in vines. Like an old temple you'd imagine.

~~~

Eshe put a spell on the temple entrance so that anyone walking down it wouldn't come to the room but would come down the tunnel and go back up it without knowing it. They would keep going straight and end up where they'd started from. At the entrance of the temple. The confusion would keep them busy while she made preparations. With Vandol asleep there was nothing to distract her.

Vandol dreamed. Fire, screaming, the usual. But then everything went black. He wasn't sure how long he was left in darkness. Time didn't seem to exist. But eventually the darkness started to lighten and he was in a field of flowers. It was all black and white. There was no color. No wind. No scent. Nothing moved. No birds chirped, there was no sound. The flowers moved when he pushed them aside, but other than that there was nothing. Out in the meadow a shape moved, only a shadow, but it was something. He moved toward the form, but when he got close it was blown away on a nonexistent breeze. Panic took him. Then darkness.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext