A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

The Tengel Menace (P)

Postby Indigo » 06/22/2009 12:38 PM

(Prepare for a very long post...it kind of got out of hand...)

A clearing empty of anything but coiling vines and large roots sat, minding its own business, near the edge of Tengel. If anyone had told it what was about to happen, it might have laughed. Of course, it was a clearing, a treeless patch of forest, so really it couldn't laugh...never mind. That's not important. What is important is the Chaos Slynx who came striding into the clearing with an impatient Dreamsnare Bleeder on her shoulder. Strangely, she was wearing a belt, from which was hanging a leather scabbard that presumably contained a sword.

Ender sat down on a root and took out the Sword of Heroes. It was similar to any other sword, except that it was extremely shiny and had come with a piece of paper which stated that she was a hero because she'd found it. And now she was stuck here in Tengel.

R sprang off her shoulder, which was unusual, to say the least, and walked over to where they had come in. He looked down their trail for a moment, then shook his head and returned to Ender. Hopping up on her paw, he made various clicking noises, which Ender knew to mean Where did Inver go?

"I'm sure he's goofing off somewhere," muttered Ender. "He's always running off...I suppose I'd better look for him." She sheathed the Sword of Heroes and stood up with a sigh, but before she could get anywhere, there was a loud whirring noise. This was followed by lots of crashing and ripping, and then some mechanical laughter. The source of the noise was quickly revealed when a Velix, tangled in vines and sticky with tree sap, fell out of a tree.

Inverness stood up, still laughing, and shook off the vines and tree sap. A small rotary blade slid out of a panel on his back, and he spun it furiously until all the sap was gone. He then withdrew the blade and grinned at Ender.

"You're ridiculous, Inver," Ender complained. Then she lifted R onto her shoulder, picked up Inverness, and sat down to wait for everyone else to show up.

{1-1-1}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Re: The Tengel Menace (P)

Postby potterchic » 06/22/2009 3:40 PM

A tall woman stood outside the clearing, watching. This looked like the group she came here to meet. A Chaos Slynx, a Dreamsnare Bleeder, and... Where was the Velix? They probably correctly decided that it would be a bad idea to take the thing along with them. But just because of the missing Velix it was easily assumed that these were fakes. Bellum Regina eyed the scabbard on the Slynx's belt. Was it a trick, or was it the Heroic Sword or whatever they'd called it? The Slynx seemed to read her mind, and unsheathed the sword to behold a glowing blade. Okay, so either these people stole it or these were the people she had to meet. But they didn't have the Velix with them, so... Well, either way, she had wasted a lot of time tracking them. Bellum reached into her tunic, pulling out a small necklace with a purple pendant. She suddenly looked up, watching a Velix fall from a tree. Maybe these WERE the right people? She stuffed the necklace back into her tunic and watched as the Velix spun a blade, getting rid of the sap it had collected in the tree. A few minutes later, the three pets were sitting. Just sitting. This was ridicoulous! Bellum Regina soundlessly moved to the closest tree to the group, waiting behind it, which you may think would be impssible, since this woman didn't look stealthy at all. She walked out from behind the tree, pulling some sap out of her hair where he had brushed a branch. "You are lucky that there seems to be no one out to get you, girl. I've tracked you and your companions here, and it seems none of you have noticed me until now. I have only done this a few times before, and have only trained for about a year an a half." she said gravely. This was certainly... Strange. This woman thought that it was no big deal, what she had done, that someone else could easily do better. Not likely in this time period. In her time, though, everyone knew skills such as tracking, often much better than she did. But this was the future to her, and she still wasn't used to it, therefore, she still didn't completely realize that people didn't NEED to learn these skills. Why wouldn't she understand?
Oh, what a guy, that Gaston!

Avatar from here. Signature picture from here.
potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 150
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 06/22/2009 3:51 PM

Image Gigan
Suddenly the earth started to shake in a particuler spot. From the moving area emerged a riopath. He looked around and saw the people he was looking for. He shook his body to get rid of the dirt and walked over to the three. One wasn't a pet. Strange he thought. He had seen humans, but this one was tall. " Let me geuss, Ender and R? My owner told me to meet you out here. " Gigan said. He sat down.
Here I lie
Among the rot, and the decay
The ashes and remains of an old life
My mind seems to stay
Though my body is dead and gone,
I ask you now this simple question
Will I forever linger on?
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Indigo » 06/22/2009 4:00 PM

Ender jumped to her feet, drawing the Sword as she did so. This unbalanced her, and she wobbled on three legs for a moment before shifting to two. She ignored Inver's obvious surprise--she'd never done that in his presence before--and pointed the sword at the woman who'd appeared from behind the tree.

Um, Ender? clicked R. I think that's whatchamacallher. Um...Bellum Regina.

"Oh." Ender sheathed the sword, somewhat relucatantly, and attempted to look relatively friendly. This attempt failed miserably, not least because of the sudden localized earthquake that heralded the Riopath's arrival. "What the--"

It appears to be Gigan, the Riopath, said Inverness. This was done by way of a small screen that popped out of his chest. Normally he sounded more childish, but at the moment he was still worried about Ender being mad at him and behaved accordingly.

"Ah." Ender stepped up to the Riopath. "Hello, Gigan. And whatever-your-name-is over there. We're still waiting for a couple more."

{2-2-2}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 06/22/2009 4:03 PM

" That's a warm welcome. " Said Gigan sarcasticly as he looked at the sword. Even as destructive as he was, he still couldn't help but wince at the sight of a sword. He sniffed the air. He felt some left over dirt and shook his head again.
Here I lie
My mind seems to stay
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Zheris Altradi » 06/22/2009 6:42 PM

Silky

"Silky perched high, never made his presence known, Until noticed, that sword worried him.  This...Monster they were hunting, If he created the monster out of its DNA, Wouldn't it be the weakness of it too? He'll just find a way to get rid of it eventually. just not now. It is way to soon, this thing is a menace to him too, The amount of time they took was enough for a riopath to clean itself. They must sense his presence. or is the power of that sword canceling it out? This artifact may be more of a nuisance than originally expected.
"I suppose you can't sense ghost? or would a artifact be giving me more cover than usual?" He overlooked that fact a Velix, one who seemed to have a profile on the riopath he did not know, nerveless, about was here. Such surprises. "I Do believe this will be quite interesting. I did not expect such a team of weak individuals to make such a... Formidable force... This Thing we are hunting... what should we expect.  

Zheris Altradi
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 70
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 06/22/2009 7:19 PM

Gigan had forgotten about the monster thing. Eh, if it was as big as Obsidius or Shockblast, He had seen it all. He had an eerie feeling he was being watched. He then realized it was a wilt florana.He let his guard down.
Here I lie
My mind seems to stay
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby potterchic » 06/22/2009 10:15 PM

Bellum watched as the Chaos Slynx jumped in surprise, pointing her sword at the anthro battleheart. "Careful, that could hurt someone." she said sarcastically. Atleast this wasn't a gun, but instead something she'd grown up with all around her. The bleeder clicked. What? Sometimes... People could be quite strange in ways of communication. Ender sheathed her sword. The thing looked like she was trying to look somewhat friendly. She was failing. A sort of earthquake started. Bellum would have normally been hardly shaken by the appearance of this riopath, but in this accursed human form... She fell against the tree, rumpling one of those stupid, useless wings on this human back. She stood again once the riopath was done shaking the ground. She soon learned the Bleeder's name, and the newcomer's name: Gigan. Her name was going to get in the way, it seemed. Ender couldn't remember it, and it didn't look like the bleeder could much better. "Bellum Regina. Remember my name, and I might remember to save your neck when you fail miserably trying to beat this monster."

A few minutes later, Bellum looked up to see; and hear; a Wilt Florana ghost. How pathetic. They expected this DEAD INSECT to fight? She listened to the thing's second comment. "Weak individuals? Look who's talking, poltergeist!" she yelled angrily, clutching her necklace through her shirt as she began to change. Her wings grew larger, and she acquired scales. Her face grew into a muzzle, and the hair on her heads pulled back into her head as her horns grew longer and twisted into themselves. She stopped suddenly, pulling back into her hated human form. "Well, that just shows that if you weren't already dead, you would be now." she sneered at the Florana.
Oh, what a guy, that Gaston!

Avatar from here. Signature picture from here.
potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 150
Donate

Postby Indigo » 06/22/2009 10:56 PM

(...The point of the clicking noises is that it's something that only Ender can understand? I mean, I guess you could understand what R was saying, it's just that it was meant to be something that Ender spent a while learning. [shuts up])

Ender was getting bored listening to everyone argue. There were still two more supposedly on the way. She just hoped they would be somewhat...nicer. Well, Gigan seemed all right, but the Florana was kind of creepy and that Bellum Regina was...well, she just seemed like someone Ender would want to stay away from. "Hey, R, what do you think of them?" she whispered.

R filed his claws on a tree branch for a few minutes before answering. Gigan seems okay, and I guess the Florana--Silky, right?--I don't know about him. As for... A grin would have spread across his face if his mouth had been visible. ...Whatchamacallher, enough said.

Ender nodded. "I wonder what the others will be like. Hopefully they're better than some of this bunch. I mean, nothing against the people who sent them or anything, but..."

You're just not used to these kinds of people, Inverness said. You spend too much time in junkyards and your factory.

"Maybe," muttered Ender. "Who are the others?"

The computer Ender had installed in Inver's tail beeped as he ran a search. A Lucain and a Hollow Beetanke, I think. I can't find anything else on them.

"Mmm." Ender leaned against a tree, hoping that this didn't mean her quest-type thing would fail.

{3-3-3}

(And don't take it personally if Ender doesn't like your character. She doesn't get out much.)

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 06/23/2009 7:50 AM

~ Woah lady, don't be going Battleheart on every one ~ Gigan thought.His back legs were getting tired so he stood on all six. He pulled his tail from in between his back legs so he resembled a sort of six legged dragon.
Here I lie
My mind seems to stay
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Zheris Altradi » 06/23/2009 5:00 PM

(o_o My god, I got carried away. )

Silky did not take this lightly, a threat to him. of course, another overly confident dragon, "You you attempt to remove something non existent in this world? I believe you seek the same fate as me. You lack control, Focus, and such power is wasted on you, And you'll see what I can do when the time comes, I have much more control than you.. Such an Inexperienced fool." he turned his attention off the  battleheart and looked at Ender Yes, I'm creepy, I'm not a cute bug as one would expect, In fact, You'll find me more useful as time goes on. Just be careful, We are not alone. he said
"Perfect, once they are all here, I'll manipulate them to my advantage, once this is all done, nothing can stop me and Kero from merging our plane of existence, or my monster. But that foolish battleheart, By far this one will be the least difficult, that temper is my advantage, from the reports, the beetanke is a mad murderer, I sense the riopath is very chaotic, and the velix is childish. This is the best the world can put together? no, if it was. this world would be gone by now. this team will serve little issue to my plans." he thought, suddenly a small ear piece rang "Silky, This monstrosity your hunting, we have found several flaws in its genetic makeup. one, its immune system is weak to this," A hologram of two mechanical veils appeared, one blue, one red."We will send it to you, this, with a unknown artifact, will completely destroy it, the Vile will slow its system, to allow some prophecy to be fulfilled, as for the sample, you'll need this one to keep the DNA sample stable. then we can conduct research. You objective should be clear. Over and out!" it said "You all saw and heard mission control, Once we get this, We will make this job with less lives on the line, It will Only slow it down. Nothing but your sword can truly stop it. That and its suspected, It is from some other world, we can use its DNA to remove all of them, so we find no more, or put the world in danger." This convincing lie was was partly true. Silky was brilliant.
Zheris Altradi
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 70
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 06/23/2009 5:43 PM

Gigan had a bad feeling about the ghost bug thing. Oh well, he was the biggest thing aroundd this are, excluding the monster.  He wanted to dig around a little so he jumped in the small fisure he made and dug deep into the ground.
Here I lie
My mind seems to stay
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Moofius » 06/23/2009 6:24 PM

(( Sorry I'm so late, will there be a posting order? ))

"We're late!" The voice was female but not high, just clearly not male. There was no being careful about being quite as she crashed through the under brush pushing through a huge fern to arrive in the opening. A short, curly bob framed the young womans face. She had a nice mouth with too-thin lips but that was okay because she had her eyes that kinda' brought it all together. They were golden, not perfectly, a little buddy but brilliant all the same, at least she thought so.
"All because you wouldn't leave that lady with her baby alone!" Course she didn't look entirely "fabulous" when she was yelling (who does, really?).

The fern fell, slashed near it's base in a ragged cut.
"What?" the beetanke shrugged, standing up and stepping into the clearing. Unlike his partner his colours stood out vibrantly against the greenery of the Tengel.
"It was crying, it wouldn't be quiet! I thought I would... assist." the beetanke was as he was in his pet form, currently wiping off the gooey residue the plant had left on his weapon, or hand. It kinda worked as both.
Grid sighed, feeling exasperated before she seemed to finally notice the group.
"Sorry about being so late, Lusrd was being an idiot when were were picking up supplies in Nabias," she said, shrugging her shoulders. She was carrying a back pack with her load of supplies, plus a messenger bag on her hip.
"Thanks for waiting up for us."
"We are going to kill something, right?" the hollow pet added in, which earned him a glare from Grid.
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby Indigo » 06/23/2009 7:29 PM

(Posting order shall be...um...not sure...we'll see what happens...)

"Good, everyone's here now," Ender said. "Right?" She turned to Inver, who nodded. "Okay then. Um...I think we should probably go that way--hey!" The Sword had fallen out of its scabbard and was now spinning on the ground.

Something strange is happening, commented Inver.

"Really," said Ender sarcastically. The Sword suddenly stopped spinning, pointing at one of the tallest trees bordering the clearing. The hilt was glowing slightly.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me!" Ender went over and kicked the Sword. It turned slightly to the left, then went back to pointing at the tree. "There's no way I can climb that."

Maybe one of the others can? suggested R.

"You know, you can be useful sometimes. You're still a horrible nuisance, though," Ender added quickly. She turned around. "Anyone willing to climb that tree? Because apparently one of us has to."

{4-4-4}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/23/2009 7:43 PM

"Oh!" the girl seemed to brighten with a curious expression as she watched this sword at work.
"Would you look at that!" She said with a smile, "It's like a map, or a compass! That is interesting indeed..." she came to stand close to Ender, keeping a respectful distance, "So you're the one who started this little thing, right? I'm Grid, Lusrd is the betanke over there," she said, jabbing her thumb over her shoulder towards the beetanke who was currently absent mindedly running his blade-like exoskeleton over the bark, tearing into the tough wood.

"You know, he could probably fly up." Grid said absently, then paused and laughed, "He could fly up! AndLusrd, leave the tree alone. It didn't do anything to you!" she hadn't even looked to see what he was doing (of course he was fidgety and it wasn't the most silent activity.)
"Yah but it could do something." Another funny glare from Grid and he shifted nervously, kicking at a low lying vine which looked rather old and tough. It was brown and... cracked look, more like a trunk then a line.
"Well it could... Anyway... Yah, I could fly up," looking up into the tree it was pretty tall, kinda' hard to see what was up there, actually. The hollow pet absently scraped at his temple with the same weapon that had just been ripping up a tree. It caused him no harm.
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Next