A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Re: The Tengel Menace (P)

Postby potterchic » 06/26/2009 8:42 PM

Bellum listened to Grid say that these weren't earthquakes. "Then what are they? Won't one of your overly informant maps tell us? Maybe in some other language that only one of us understands?" she said angrily. She looked over to Lusrd. "Good job. He deserved that." then she mumbled, "Taking a nap in an earthquake like disturbance... That imbecile!" she paced at the entrance to the tunnel, wondering when the riopath would realise what was going on. If he dies from these, it's because of his own stupidity. How did he even think of FALLING ASLEEP in what we all thought was an earthquake?! she thought, stopping and going a bit further back into the tunnel to supply a bit of light.

((*stares at the mind reading Moofie* I was going to make Bellum go out there, fall on her butt a few times, and then kick Gigan a few times while she yelled at him. Well... Thanks for saving her dignity by not making her fall on her butt. XD))
Oh, what a guy, that Gaston!

Avatar from here. Signature picture from here.
potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 150
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/26/2009 8:53 PM

Grid shook her head, "You don't have to be so rude. If it was an earthquake we'd feel it under ground for sure. Earthquakes don't happen on the surface, where we walk. They happen within the crust of the planet. The waves, or the shaking moves out in a 360 degrees and spherical. It's not just at the top of the earth."
There was a fear, a fear of the tunnel. It didn't have support beams or anything, would this place hold? Looking up it appeared rather sturdy... At least for now.

While Grid continued to worry about their mortality Lusrd scratched at the wall. He'd been almost excited before, at the prospect of a fight or something. But standing here and waiting? It was boring. He would ask others about themselves but listening to other peoples stories was worse then doing nothing at all!
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 06/27/2009 8:45 AM

Gigan felt a little tap. Even though Lursd had kicked him pretty hard, he barly felt it. He opened his eyes and said " What was that for? " He sighed and walked in the tunnel. " So, are we just going to wait? " Gigan asked Ender. He stood on his back four legs so he wouldn't crush Inverss.
Here I lie
Among the rot, and the decay
The ashes and remains of an old life
My mind seems to stay
Though my body is dead and gone,
I ask you now this simple question
Will I forever linger on?
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Indigo » 06/27/2009 2:12 PM

(Impromptu prophecy is sucky and cliche. Sorry.)

Inver nodded at Grid's explanation of earthquakes. It is true that these are not true earthquakes. However, so far most scientists seem to have been unable to find the source. They are commonly called treerattlers.

Ender stared, too amazed to be annoyed. "How do you know this stuff? I certainly didn't program it in."

It's built into my memory, Inver said.

Hey, Ender. I've figured out what this says, clicked R urgently. But I'm not sure what it means.

"How does that work?" Ender asked in annoyance. "You can't understand--"

Stop. R climbed up onto Ender's shoulder and clicked into her ear. Once more she recited what he said, word for word, this time feeling ridiculous as she did so:

A new age will come and the monster will rise
Its flora-shaking is a surprise
Only the weapon can save us from doom
The quakes mean the beast will escape very soon
The one who finishes the game shall be lord
Over the world that's saved by the sword

"That's nonsense," snapped Ender. "Who'd bother to carve it on a rock?"

It sounds as if it is an ancient prophecy of the rhythmic nature. Inver began scanning the runes. Ender thought about this information for about six seconds.

"Ancient prophecy," she muttered. "Hmm. All right, so what's it mean?"

{11-11-11}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 06/27/2009 2:20 PM

Gigan was stil waiting for an answer. he got bored so he started to listen to Psychosocail in his head. He wondered how Invers managed to get so smart. " Hey Inverss, how long ago were you built? " he asked. He hoped he wouldn't take offense to it.
Here I lie
My mind seems to stay
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby potterchic » 06/27/2009 2:43 PM

Bellum rolled her eyes at the lucain and looked over to R, who was clicking away to Ender. Then Ender recited the prophecy. "Well, what I'm getting from that is that this twenty-first century is the new age, and the monster is about to escape. And the rest of it... You're going to be sort of royalty? I dunno, it just makes me think that something's going to set us all against eachother and only one will survive..." she said. If only they had one of the mages from her time... Well, this was... Weird. "Well, what about the rest of you? Silky, don't you always have an answer? Where is that poltergeist, anyway?"

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 06/27/2009 2:59 PM

Inver tilted his head for a moment, then said, "The one who finishes the game" sounds rather ominous. Though it could mean Ender, it also implies that only one of us will "finish the game"... He trailed off in an awkward, computerized way. Hearing Gigan's question, he said, I'm not sure when I was built. My memory capacity isn't quite that large, and I don't remember much before Ender found me. I'm sorry I can't help you.

"You're about a year old, I think," Ender said absently. She was muttering to herself about the prophecy thing. "'The one who finishes the game shall be lord'--sure hope that's not me. I don't want to be lord of anything. And how can we save the world when we can barely even figure out what's going on right here?"

Is the shaking still going on up there? asked R. Ender shook her head, so Inverness translated the soundwaves to computer code and then tested the levels of vibration above ground. And maybe some other things.

It's beginning to lessen. We should be safe up there soon, but we should probably head to the hidden city once it stops, he said. In the meantime we should try to figure out the prophecy.

{12-12-12}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 06/27/2009 3:59 PM

~ Only one? ~ Gigan thought. He wanted someone else to have the glory, even if it cost him his life. " Only one will win the game. Balongy. Teamwork always wins. " Gigan said. He would never turn on anyone. Not even Silky.
Here I lie
My mind seems to stay
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Zheris Altradi » 06/27/2009 4:21 PM

"I don't like being called that. And I don't know! Wait an earthquake that only affects above ground? Are we getting attacked from underground? No, The rock says its waking up, and if its like ember when it wakes up, we'll need a lot of coffee. Still, The prophecy  wants us to fight amongst each other." Silky was talking to himself but was very close to figuring this out.

"The only one who can fight it is the one with the sword. Who will, rule the world. an attempt by the whatever they were called, to find the true hero. oddly crafty for Ancient people.and Flora? dose it mean our new recruit? I think we should try not to let foolish greed take us over." Silky said flying back and forth low to the ground. "I can't figure out much else. If Flora, was not meant as the person.. its meant as the forest shaking. Just remember The one who found the sword is meant to have it. not us." Silky was strangely going for order rather than the chaos he loves.

This thing may be an issue. But did the Ancients create this monster? No, that's to difficult for an underdeveloped Civilization.

Zheris Altradi
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 70
Donate

Postby potterchic » 06/27/2009 4:22 PM

"Gigan has a point. But don't you people have some silly notion now a days that as long as you have fun, you're the winner? Well, THAT'S bologna. But if these people were insane enough to refer to it in that way... Then Lusrd would be the only winner, wouldn't he?" Bellum said, looking over at the beetanke.

She wondered how close they were to the ruins or whatever... Tower? They HAD to be close, considering the runes...

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 06/27/2009 5:24 PM

" If it does come down to fighting eachother, I will leave first. " Gigan said. He was willing to put his life on the line for each and everyone here, excluding Silky as he was already dead. Gigan heard his fathers voice in his head " Never turn back. " it said. " Ender, if you are the only one who can stop the monster, I will protect you. All of you. " Gigan said.
Here I lie
My mind seems to stay
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Moofius » 07/01/2009 2:18 AM

(( Sorry I was gone so long. Prom stuff. x3x ))

Grid had quickly copied down the latest prophecy of sorts. Seemed pretty simple, for the most part.
"Well by new age that usually means a big change of sorts... And the sword saving us from doom is pretty obvious. So is the flora shaking. Flora are plants, which explains the quakes. Because we're feeling the quakes it means that this whole thing is in motion. Right now," Though she looked concerned there was excitement in those golden eyes of hers.
"The world that is saved by the sword... Seems to me that that wouldn't... really mean the world in it's entirety. Maybe just the Tengel, or those living in the particular area?" That was a little confusing.
"At least that is how I see it... And the one... Game... I don't know. That's the only one that confuses me, really."
At this point Grid was chewing on the end of her blue pen as she thought. She was thinking really hard, one ear on the others, gathering their opinions and thoughts.

"I'd win?" Lusrd laughed, "Perhaps but then I don't have the sword, do I? Perhaps then I would rule over the weaker creatures with an iron fist." the strange creature smiled smugly... until he caught the look Grid was giving him.
"I won't make a good leader... I'm not really... You know... er..." he said, turning from confident, scary and weird to flustered, nervous and confused.
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 07/01/2009 7:54 AM

Gigan listened. He went up to check if the plants were shaking. He was probably the only one who wasn't affected by the quakes. A somewhat large tree fell, nearly hitting him. " Yeah, the flora is defiantly shaking. " he said. He started to comb the dirt out of his mow hawk like hair. He sighed as he pulled a fossil out of his hair.
Here I lie
My mind seems to stay
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Zheris Altradi » 07/01/2009 1:33 PM

(Occ:This is brain dead. It eats away at ones mind and soul)
"Do you think by game they mean its all a game for them? They created the monster, somehow are still alive and watching us, just for entertainment? Forget I said that. " Silky said This was confusing. Dusk was just as confusing. So he would not figure this out

"Inverness Any more Information?" He asked

Zheris Altradi
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 70
Donate

Postby Indigo » 07/01/2009 4:36 PM

Inver searched his database for "Garspatchian" and, after a moment's thought, "Tower Beast". He made a series of small beeping noises, then spoke slowly, as if reciting from memory. The Tower Beast is supposedly a Hollowheart of monstrous proportions and with many more legs. The so-called "clawed serpent" was originally created by a somewhat advanced society slightly to the north, through a genetic experimentation accident. This advanced society was quickly destroyed by its own creation, which then moved south to the home of the Garspatchians. They attempted to contain it in a tower, but its struggles were enough to destroy the foundations of the city. Inver paused for breath. In myth it is said to be the cause of the treerattlers, but there are all sorts of stories about the Beast. It is even said that it is in fact Xai're or some creature relating to him, exacting some sort of punishment.

"Thanks for the history lesson," said Ender, leaning against the tunnel wall, "but how do we get to the city? Or whatever's left of it."

Simple, Inver said. There are some apparently nonsensical runes that will appear on the wall of any tunnel dug. If read so they are understood by all, they will grant access to the city.

"Simple? This tunnel is huge!" Ender kicked a rock. "How are we supposed to find--"

You mean, like these apparently nonsensical runes over here? R had climbed unnoticed to the ceiling of the tunnel and was holding on with his claws. Ender and Inver stared at him.

"Um," Ender finally said. "This is too easy. Something's wrong..."

{13-13-13}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext