A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Re: The Tengel Menace (P)

Postby Jetfire » 07/01/2009 4:53 PM

" Yeah, I hear you Ender. Normally they release some almost imposible obstical now. " Said Gigan. He pulled yert another fossil from his hair.
Here I lie
Among the rot, and the decay
The ashes and remains of an old life
My mind seems to stay
Though my body is dead and gone,
I ask you now this simple question
Will I forever linger on?
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Moofius » 07/01/2009 6:31 PM

"If this was so easy, and the information so easily found," Grid frowned more to herself. This felt wrong.
"If it was also easy then why didn't somebody else do this before us?" Her attention returned to the one who had the sword.
"How did you find the sword? Was there a task? A quest of some sort?" she'd obviously had not been told of how the sword came to be in Ender possession.

"Who cares if it's too easy?" The beetanke said, shifting around on his feet; the wings on his back shivering from the lack of use making that awful buzzing sound flies and other bugs of the same sort made while they flew. The noise this time was louder, due to Lusrd's size.
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby Indigo » 07/01/2009 7:06 PM

Ender shook her head, then thought. "Not exactly," she said. "R found this funny crystal thing in the junkyard, and--I know this sounds crazy, but it told me where to look for the Sword. And there was this paper telling me what to do with it."

R was muttering to himself on the ceiling. I've got it. It says "nautical felis turk". That doesn't make any sense. He shook his head and dropped onto Ender's shoulder to whisper in her ear.

"Naut--" Ender started, but Inver stopped her.

Don't say it yet, he advised. We need to decide what to do about this. It could be some kind of trap.

This has all been way too easy, R clicked. There were such precise directions from the crystal, and the paper went on about you being all special...the runes were so easy to find...Inver knows all this weird history for some reason...

Hey! yelped Inver. This has nothing to do with me!

...and now the runes supposedly give us access to the city, R finished, ignoring him. What if the Tower Beast orchestrated all this?

{14-14-14}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 07/01/2009 7:12 PM

Gigan coughed. He walked around a little. There was barely enough room so he went to the surface and walked around the clearing. He stepped on a log and it got crushed. " I don't know about you guys, but it seems to quite out here. There are no birds or anything. " Gigan said.
Here I lie
My mind seems to stay
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Zheris Altradi » 07/04/2009 9:37 PM

"I don't know what to do. We are here. Go with it! we came this far. and We'll handle anything that gets in our way." Silky was getting tired already its too easy. He wanted to sleep. The Riopath slept. at a bad time. He was not able to stay here forever He was still... a Ghost. One who could fight yes, but still a ghost.

"Lets go, if I trusted everyone here... I don't trust anyone. just go,Fight this beast and lets get it over with." Something felt wrong. He did not know what but something was wrong. "Well? are you going to do what you came here for?" Silky asked impatiently

Zheris Altradi
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 70
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 07/05/2009 9:43 AM

" For once I have to agree with our ghost freind. " Gigan said from the entrance of the cave. He had amazingly good hearing. He was ready to get a move on. He went over to a path and moved a log blocking it.
Here I lie
My mind seems to stay
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Indigo » 07/05/2009 3:34 PM

(I hope nobody minds my doing this. We don't seem to be getting anywhere at the moment.)

Ender picked up R and held him up in front of her. "Listen, you. You've always been the paranoid one anyway, and I for one am tired of your conspiracy theories in general. That includes this one. So I'm going to get us in, no matter how stupid the words are." Ignoring R's protests, she wedged the Bleeder's tail into her belt and said, very quietly, "Nautical felis turk."

Bad idea, Inver warned, but it was too late. For some reason the air in the tunnel started to look...swirly. R poked at it. It vibrated.

This doesn't look too good, he clicked, trying to wriggle out of the belt.

Actually, it's fine, said Inver in what he presumably thought was a reassuring way. It's simply a magical reaction caused by the unusual effect of the words on the time in the tunnel, allowing--

Thump.

Ender stood up. They had landed in the overgrown center of a once densely populated city. The few buildings still standing were covered in vines. Strangely, a large step pyramid with some sort of tower projecting from it was in perfect condition. "Hmm. So this is the city, huh?" She looked around until she saw Inver and felt around to make sure R was still in her belt. "Where's everyone else?"

{15-15-15}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 07/05/2009 8:57 PM

" What the ? " Gigan yelled from the path. He doubted anyone could here him. There was a weird looking air formation inside the cave. He ran over and saw Inverss, Ender, and R were gone. " Were did they go? " he asked the poltergiest Silky.
Here I lie
My mind seems to stay
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Moofius » 07/05/2009 9:03 PM

The whole story was bizarre, even Lusrd would agree with Grid on this one. Of course Grid had no idea what R was discussing as it was all in a language she didn't understand, which was frustrating in the extreme.

When Ender picked up R both the beetanke and the lucain girl watched, curious and hopeful to find out... what in the world was going on. The fact that the hollow pet had an attention span at all for this showed that something was up. As the words were spoken Grid could feel the hair on her arms and the back of her neck stand on end, the air felt thick with... Something old and magical. Lusrd felt it too, wings shivering (and buzzing) as he looked around for the source of this feeling. It was maddening and exciting. Things were progressing. The final fight neared!

The air was thick, movements made the tunnel tremble, like a ripple in a pool. But it wasn't the tunnel itself that rippled, but the air around it. Grid frowned, poking the air in front of her. The ripples were drastic and suddenly, ripple by ripple, the image changed to a sort of city scape. Nothing like Nabias. It was much older and unpopulated. The place where that monster had been sealed? Most likely.

".... I better make a map." Grid said, more so to herself as she pulled out a blank grid paper, starting the draw. How she knew where to start on the map, or even how she knew which way north was was something of a mystery. Next to her the air rippled as Lusrd came through.
"Where's the monster?" Straight to the point.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 07/05/2009 9:15 PM

" I'm going in after them. " Gigan said. He climbed back in and walked over. " If I don't come back, make sure no one comes here ever again. " Gigan said. He jumped in and landed some were. He had no idea were, but he knew he was in a tree. It was odd, most trees didn't hold him. He climbed down and saw a pyramid. Usally in games they started to play ruin music right about now.
Here I lie
My mind seems to stay
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Zheris Altradi » 07/05/2009 10:31 PM

"They split up? Amusing, however I question the integrity of this barely thought out plan." Silky said "it must have not have been not planned at all." h said fallowing the riopath he speed  up to him very quickly "All right lets find them. I want to kill this thing and go home"

Silky was not able to stay in the world, by now he should be gone. Why was this place different?  Its hard for him to say. but this place was weird.
Zheris Altradi
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 07/06/2009 9:16 AM

" Why did you follow me Silky? " Gigan asked. " Oh well, Let's go find them. " he said, walking around a little. This place looked like it was sucseful at one point, but now...... it wasns't right.
Here I lie
My mind seems to stay
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Moofius » 07/07/2009 3:23 AM

(( Where is Potterchic? D8 ))

"No sign of the- Oh, there's Ender. Thank Yepha for small miracles. Where are the others?" Grid called. She heard a buzz behind her and only turned in time to see Lusrd far above her.
"HEY!" She yelled, "Get down here!"

Wings beating so they were a blur Lusrd rose into the air, trying to see the whole thing. It was hard, as it was so overgrown, the main point was the pyramid of sorts.
"The pyramid must be where the monster is, right?" Lusrd asked, flying back and frth above Grid who glared up at him.
"Get down! If it's out and about it'll know where we are, idiot!"

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 07/07/2009 3:35 PM

((You guys post fast, I keep on having to revise my posts. XD This is gonna be short, just so that I don't take too long and have to redo this...))

Bellum felt like she was falling, then landed with a thump with the others that were in the tunnel. She looked around, seeing pyramids and other structures, which were very broken down. Something clicked in her mind, this place looked familiar. "This place is older than I figured it was. It existed in my time period, and it was just a bit newer looking, and a few people still lived in the pyramid. I came here with my army to evacuate, the people were going crazy, talking about a demon, we thought it was living alone in the jungle that did it to them... They were somewhat right... We didn't really get any hints about the monster, we were only here for a day, how long it took to get the people ready to go and gone. There are booby traps throughout the tower, I lost one of my men when we tried to go up there and check for people. It'll take us a while to get up there alive. I say that we have Silky scout the area first, since he can't die... He might set of the traps, and for all we know they're one time only traps." she said, looking around and standing, brushing off her tunic. It was weird, actually knowing something about what they were doing.

((Hope you don't mind, but since she's from the past, I thought it might be okay to have her know something.))
Oh, what a guy, that Gaston!

Avatar from here. Signature picture from here.
potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 150
Donate

Postby Zheris Altradi » 07/07/2009 6:17 PM

"The dragon is giving orders? Sure have the dead guy set off the traps. I wont trigger them because I'm dead. Not zombie dead, Ghost dead. I would not waste so much energy on triggering traps. Besides I could use ghost friends.." He thought that was pretty funny. The others were not going to react the same way. but he thought it was funny. "I guess I will...I'm not used to taking orders. I am the commander of an organization. It used to be to secret. Its obvious who blew the cover." He shook his head, telling stories again.

"I don't know this place well." he said looking at the Pyramid. It was going to take him about ten seconds to reach it alone. But what if they get ambushed?
Zheris Altradi
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext