Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Postby SpringsSong » 01/17/2008 8:15 PM

Alexa smiled as she said, "Of course I'm ready for this." She had been waiting for an opportunity at this kind of a stunt for a long time.  She moved to set her glider down once they got to a point where they could set the gliders down, but still was holding onto Validus' hand.  She really didn't want to let go anytime soon...
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/20/2008 8:13 PM

He set his glider down as well, calculating over some details. Without letting her hand go just yet, he walked closer to the edge of the cliff, looking down to get an idea of what was below for a landing and if they just so happened to make a mistake and fall. Rocks. Of course. At least they were flat. Though there were bushes and trees a little farther down. Flat rocks or bushes would be their best landing bet, when ever they needed to land. Getting stuck in a tree was not a priority that the male Lucain happened to have. "Not too bad, if we're careful with out landings." He pointed out, though Alexa was likely to be thinking the same thing as he.
He glanced at their hands and moved to hold them up, turning his body in to face her with them between. He hadn't problems admitting what they both were, apparently, feeling on the matter. "I don't much want to let go." He smiled a bit. "Though I don't believe it is possible to prepare if we continue to..." He trailed off, sure she'd get 'hold hands.' But he had to stop, when it hit him. Staring back at the female as he was, about to go jump off a cliff with her, it made him think. His gaze softened up as he looked back at her. It made his heart pick up in pace. It wasn't explainable...

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2884
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/23/2008 11:36 AM

Alexa nodded, looking at the rocks and bushes below.  "Hopefully we won't have to make any emergency landings..." She said, looking down at the bushes with slightly worried eyes.  Some bushes were prickly and nasty no matter how you landed on them; whether skidding to a stop or just landing right on top of it.  Alexa smiled as she said, "I don't much want to let go either... but it's gonna be kind of hard to get our gear on if we can't get it on all the way... and that's kinda hard to do when someone else is holding your hand." She said, returning his soft, gentle gaze.  Something inside her heart tightened up; as if she were expecting something to happen, or to be said...

But what?

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/24/2008 3:33 PM

What was truly unexplainable wasn't actually his heart, but more so the action that followed. She was right with her words, but he paid them little attention at the moment.  He was being unreasonable, at least that was how a small portion of him felt. Validus tried to demand that his body listened to him, but it seemed to act of its own free will when he leaned forward, his one free hand brushing down Alexa's jaw line with a feathery touch. Words he lacked, but perhaps his annoying heart would get it through his thick skull right now. He leaned into her, pressing his lips to her's in a kiss, a little hesitant on what the return reaction would be. Right when they came into that contact, the rest of him stiffened up, ready to be smacked upside the head in the possible event that she didn't receive it well. Hopefully it wouldn't come to that.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/24/2008 6:47 PM

Alexa blinked, surprised at the sudden strange sensation of Validus' hand drawing against her cheek.  Her eyes closed for a minute, savoring the new sensation.  When he moved to kiss her, her body went stiff for a moment.  This was all so new to her... but she enjoyed this new feeling she had.  She loosened up slightly, and then, she wrapped her free arm around Validus.  Oh, this felt so wonderful to her...!

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/24/2008 8:06 PM

He was received well! Behind him, Validus' two tails started wavering about as the natural reaction to his pleasurable feelings. He hadn't particularly gone about kissing women, he was more reserved then that, so this was new to him as well. Yea, he'd kissed and such, but more like on the cheek and hand, raised with those type of manners. Nothing had been like this. In the moment, he pulled his hand out of Alexa's only to lift her up so her feet weren't touching the ground and spinning her around a time or two before setting her on her feet. Inside, his heart was pounding, on the outside he was smiling. He...he...loved her? He wouldn't say 'love' right away, from being so reserved, but he didn't want to stop spending time with her. He liked her. A lot. He didn't expect even slight fondness while regarding that emotion. Love...wasn't something he expected of himself. No true love, anyway.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/24/2008 9:17 PM

Alexa's heart flew as Validus twirled her around a couple times before setting her back down, feeling like her soul was going to rise out of her body and soar to the ends of the earth; she was so happy.  For once in her life, everything else slid away from her mind aside from her and Validus.  She didn't want this moment to end... Even though they were kind of standing on a cliff.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/25/2008 12:11 AM

Setting her down, he was silent a short moment, glancing from her to the cliff. "How ironic is it that these feelings are said to make one want to soar, and we're about to jump of this cliff and do just that?" He asked softly, a laughing melody to his voice. That was quite a set up wasn't? Not an arrangement that you could very well forget. He cleared his throat, stepping back, and taking her hand with him, holding it up to give it a gentle kiss. "Milady, I believe this should be done with a little of the proper manners that I've learned." His grin was smirk-ish. "But not too much. Alexa, will you...be my girl?" Not a usual way a prince would ask you to be his girlfriend, but hey, he wasn't a usual prince, so.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/25/2008 8:25 PM

Alexa blinked for a moment, her breath catching in her chest.  He... he had just asked her out!  Indeed, now she felt as though she were flying when she was literally about to do so.  She knew she had to say something now, lest he think her answer be something other than the undeniable yes it would be.  "Y-YES!" She said, the word catching in her throat.  She paused for a moment, then said in a softer voice, "Yes, I will be your girl, Validus." She smiled, pressing herself against him.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 02/05/2008 6:41 PM

He welcomed her, arms coming around her in a hug, assisting with her being pressed against him. A smile to his face, even in his voice, "I'm glad..."That wasn't even the half of it, but no other words seemed accurate at this time. Wait. Relucesco. In a certain way, that was fitting. Made bright again...Despite any difficultly and annoyances at current events they had, they'd met each other. Like Validus said before, they could rely on each other.

He kissed the top of her head. "We...should jump."Not sure if he still wanted to, if he wanted to break current events right at this moment. They'd come this far for jumping and going into flight. A unique experience.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/08/2008 8:39 PM

Alexa looked up at him, her eyes gleaming with... something.  Was it excitement or was it something else?  "Yes... yes, we should jump..." She said, looking out over the landscape.  It was all so beautiful, she wasn't sure if she wanted to jump.  "Shall we?" She asked, still not moving from her position in his arms.

{143}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 02/12/2008 6:33 PM

Standing there was getting them nowhere. "We shall."He finally agreed, answering the unspoken question of what they'd be doing next. However, instead of turning her out on her, he unwrapped his arms from around her, all save for one hand. Validus took her by the hand and lead her back to where she had left her glider. Promptly, he let her go to undo the bindings around it in order to get to the other equipment. Soon, he was holding up the pack for the parachute. Now he most certainly wouldn't let her jump if she wasn't taking at least these precautions. "Should I help?"A roundabout way to offer his help about getting set up for this.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/18/2008 4:40 PM

Alexa thought for a moment.  "Sure." She said at last, a gentle smile gracing her features.  Of course, there was a part of her that didn't want to jump yet, but they came out here to fly, so why shouldn't they fly now, when they already felt as such?  Finally, she leaned over to pick up the gear.  Here goes nothing, she thought.

{144}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 02/22/2008 10:28 PM

Helping her with the preparations and then soon getting his own self into the gear, Valdius began to go over what little he was aware of about this procedure, and what advice he'd picked up sometime back at the sporting goods store. Basically, hang on for dear life, point the nose of the glider in the direction you wanted to go, if worse came to worse, release the glider and release the string of the parachute to land safely with its aid. It was all pretty basic safety stuff, all rather obvious. He doubled checked himself, and his now-girlfriend over to see that all was fine.

"Alright, we're good to go." He summed up. He turned from her, having to stand a bit away due to the wings of the glider now attached to him. He would have jumped holding her hand, since it would have been better that way, somehow, but the stupid wings. Settling himself into a spot a few yards from the edge, to get a good running start, he glanced over to Alexa, smiling in spite of his heart now beating a mile a minute with adrenaline already. "You ready? On the count of three..."

No more time to hesitate.

"One.......Two.........Three!"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/24/2008 4:57 PM

When the word "three" left Validus' mouth, Alexa jumped.  For an instant, everything seemed to move in slow motion.  Her feet left the cliff, she felt the wind in her hair, and the wind lifted the glider up into the air.  The glider flew effortlessly through the air as she hung on the the bar, smiling.  Now this was flying.

{145}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext