Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/05/2008 9:33 PM

Without a single ounce of hesitance, the male launched himself off the cliff as his own counting demanded that he was to go. The end of the word was pulled, stretched and faded as he nose dived toward the ground, yanked down by the overwhelming power of gravity. A shift. Guidance via his body and arms, he was soon parallel with the ground, the glider's wings catching air. In the excitement of it all, he began to spun himself in spirals across the sky. It wasn't enough to just fly, now that his feet were off the ground.

He tumbled all around Alexa, maneuvering as best he could so as not to collide with her. Too risky. All of his actions were risky here, but it was too much fun! No way that he could help it. Heart sputtered, and sped up. Adrenaline. Yes. Perfect. Literally, he felt as light as a feather.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2879
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/16/2008 3:19 PM

Alexa smiled as she did a slight dive and pulled back up.  Her eyes drifted over to Validus, and she called out over the wind, "I never imagined flying could be like this!" Her hair was whipping out behind her, a grayish-silver stream emerging slightly from her helmet.

{146}
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/31/2008 2:31 AM

Had the helmet not been protecting his head as well, as much as a tasteless fashion statement as it was, he wore it, his ears would have perked up as the wind brought Alexa's voice to them. Had either of them ever imagined what flying would be like? So open and free. It wasn't customary for Lucain to take flight. They were grounded creatures, but that was just one of the many things that made this so great. They'd just broke the chains that tried to hold them down. "Nor did I!" He shouted in return, pulling back and gliding as close beside her as he could without causing either of them danger. "Just look at the view!" Their new found ability wasn't the only miraculous thing. Seeing the world from this new perspective. It looked a whole lot different from above and yet, still somehow familiar.

For the moment, landing wasn't even on Validus' mind, though gravity would surely yank the two back down to the earth eventually.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 06/17/2008 2:55 PM

Alexa let the wind carry her where it willed on this short flight, smiling all the while as she thought about what this sensation was that she was feeling.  "I know; isn't it stunning?" She called over the wind, raising her head so that her hair was caught in the wind, creating a silverish ribbon behind her as she laughed.  This was what she enjoyed doing the most; getting out and getting her adrenaline going.

The only thing different about this time was that she was with someone else now; someone else that was enjoying it as much as she was.

{147}

[[Ack!  Totally forgot about this roleplay... *shoots self repeatedly*]]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/24/2008 8:11 PM

It was inevitable that gravity was working against them, but Validus wasn't about to give this up so quickly, at least not without a good finish. But just what was there that the two of them could do? It was with that question in mind that he came up with a wild idea; not absurdly crazy, but definitely out there enough to create some excitement. Even for not being experienced with these things, he was certainly adventurous enough to try it enough anyway. "Hey, Alexa, I'mma try something! Work with me!" And that was all the warning that she was going to get.

Suddenly, he positioned the wings differently, so that she passed him up, and then he was able to come up behind her. When he was safely there, and somewhat below her, he sped up again, flipping over completely and grabbing onto Alexa's bar with one hand. "Grab on!" He instructed. If she didn't grab onto his bar almost immediately, it would have messed up their flight pattern, and dragged them down. They needed to hang on and spiral in order to stay up.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 06/24/2008 9:18 PM

Without so much as thinking, or asking, "What in Zu'hai's name are you doing?!", Alexa grabbed onto Validus' bar before the flight pattern was too whacked out from the sudden change in balance.  Now was when she asked him, "What in Zu'hai's name are you doing?!"

This was said in a joking manner, but she was serious.  What was his plan in doing this?

{148}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/25/2008 10:27 PM

Very good. Action first, ask questions later. With Alexa getting a hold on Valdius' bar in a timely manner they sort of even out, but it was true that this formation was slowly dragging them down; slowly, yes, but at a faster rate then they would have had they been flying normally. He couldn't catch as much air when upside down, nor could as much air lift under her glider's wings because of him blocking it off. Great.

A smirk-y grin slipped onto the male's face. "If we're going down, might as well do it in style." He pulled him closer to her, or maybe it was her closer to him, and gave her a quick peck on the lips. "Just follow my lead." Hopefully, she didn't make a habit of getting motion sickness. For, suddenly, he jerked one way, forcefully yanking them into a barrel roll, a few times, before stopping so he was the one properly on the glider, his new "stunt partner" upside down. He was laughing. "Spinning keeps us up." The force of it was able to give them enough air lift, so they could glide upward and prolong their flight.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 07/20/2008 7:01 PM

Alexa certainly wasn't one to get motion sickness, but her knuckles had gone white from the nearly-unexpected barrel roll.  One would have thought she'd have been anticipating that, but when it was your first time doing something, you generally were shocked if you were suddenly snapped into a barrel roll by your partner.  She smiled as her knuckles slowly regained their normal coloration, and she managed to get a laugh out.

"I see... that was fun!" She said, smiling.

{149}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/20/2008 7:29 PM

"Glad you think so!" Never could you speak on a normal level while flying through the air.
However, the male made a face. "But it looks like it's about time to land." Now that they had gained a little more height, he redirected their spiral toward the ground headfirst. It was a frightening experience, to be falling straight toward the ground, but he felt as though he knew what he was doing, despite this being his first time hang gliding. He just did what made sense, thought it out beforehand, and nothing bad had happened so far. Should it happen, then he wouldn't forgive himself.
"You can push off from me and flip yourself around, right?" Not too much time to discuss, but she had to land feet first, as did he, to survive this.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 07/20/2008 7:44 PM

So, she suddenly had to become an acrobat.  That was interesting.  "All right!" Alexa said, knowing that if she didn't, then the next time she'd open her eyes, she'd either be rigged up to several machines in a hospital bed--or not at all.  So, she pushed off from Validus, only wavering in the air for a moment before she snapped her glider over, rightening herself.  She didn;t say anything; her head was still a little touch light from both flipping over and from even contemplating what would have happened had she not done that.

{150}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/20/2008 8:10 PM

Very good. She was able to do it. He might not have said so, but he was quite relieved by it. But there was no time for that...
Simultaneously with her push off, Validus had the chore of righting his own self as well, which was a little harder when you had nothing to have helped along with way. It came down to being about to throw your weight around and adjust the wings enough for it to catch you. That's what he had to do, pull himself parallel with the ground, and then up fully to land on his feet. Just in time, as there was a mere few feet before they'd hit the ground among the trees. Thank the gods that there was a nice little clearing among the forestry they found themselves over and, now, were landing in.

In the exact landing, it was feet first, be he ended in a crouching posistion all together, one hand also braced against the ground, the other still holding onto the bar. He'd put as decent amount of space between himself and Alexa as he was able, to make the landing safe for them.
He started laughing, unable not to because of the thrill, once he felt secure enough that he made it, and began unhooking himself from the glider as quickly as he could.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/14/2008 5:55 PM

Alexa, too, landed feet-first, but also ended up crouching as she landed.  Her limbs were shaking as she moved to unhook the harness.  They weren't shaking from being scared; no, they were shaking because of the sheer thrill of the whole event.

"That was... awesome!" She said at last, letting the harness drop to the ground as she tried to catch her breath.  "That was just amazing!" She said after a few more moments, her fingers shaking as she undid the strap to the helmet as she laughed.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/14/2008 7:51 PM

Off went the glider, the wings being folded up once more, shortly followed by the helmet. Validus shook his head to bring his hair back to life. Squashed helmet hair was not fashionable at all and he held no intention of walking around with it. Both items were then situated on the ground as he replied with a simple, "Indeed, it was."

Now, what he did next wasn't so suspected, not by either of them. Just as Alexa managed to get her helmet off, he ran forward, reacting on impulse, snatching her up into his arms in an embrace. He spun her around above him a bit, genuinely smiling up at her. For some reason she just made him happy, just by being around. He couldn't have found a reasonable explanation for it.  
Setting her down on her feet, arms still around her but more loosely so he could actually look her in the eyes, he spoke, his words coming out softer then usual, "You're amazing, you know that?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Welcome to My World.... [Private]

Postby SpringsSong » 12/20/2008 7:43 PM

Alexa smiled as she was spun around by Validus, although she was not expecting it in the least.  But, then again, nothing that had happened that day was expected by her.  She hadn't gone into that cafe expecting to meet a prince, nor had she expected to be taken to a dance club, nor had she expected the hang gliding.

"You're amazing, too, Validus." Alexa said, smiling as she finally managed to catch her breath.

[31.2]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Welcome to My World.... [Private]

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/20/2008 8:05 PM

Validus' tails wavered slowly, pleasantly. It was nice to know Alexa thought well of him too. Sure, he may have known that she did already, but it was nice to hear it anyway.

He then had another thought. "Alexa, I would like to meet your family sometime. Any of them. And I think I'd you like you to at least meet my father sometime." That wasn't too much to ask, was it? Both he and Alexa seemed to be very family oriented. Validus was expecially close to his father and his sister, though Nitidus was growing distant because of her friendship with those twins... "Perhaps my sister too, when she's around. What do you think?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext