Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Welcome to My World.... [Private]

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/17/2007 7:28 PM

[Between FireHeart and I]
[So it's not the very best, but I really wanted to get this started.]

Regalis Validus D?©cor Vox

He didn't know exactly why he was here. What was the point of it? Honestly?

The young man lowered his glass, half slamming it onto the wooden table. So maybe he was more into his teens, none the less. This was all so unusual. He never came to a cafe for no reason. He never traveled this far for no reason, save the time in his puphood when he'd snook out with a group from the house into the desert. Okay, another lie. He went out often enough, it wasn't in his blood to sit about. But he always held some reason for leaving, no matter how insignificant. It wasn't like that today, though. In fact, he should probably have been home.

The eyes of the few other guests would move toward him only to divert soon. They didn't want to be found out, you see. Of course,he could never escape certain stares. That was in his blood. The females gawked at him and would whisper to their friends if they had them or giggle under their breaths. Any male with a female looked at him in spite. It wasn't his fault to get such reactions.

Validus' ears flicked once in awhile, as did his two tails, annoyed. When his ears moved, the tuffs of his soft black hair would a bit as well. It may have been cut shorter then his father, fairly well known he was, but it retained the volume and wonderful health. If the females weren't so busying gawking, they'd probably be envious of it. His clothing was nothing too big, yet it was fashion sense was flawless and still looked to cost a good penny. Black more dress style jeans with a shirt a certain shade of blue, much like the early night sky and a black coat with cuffs and all. It fit to his handsome, thinner yet still masculine form quite well. In fact, it seemed to really work of him. Oh! Was it mentioned, the thick chain he'd placed around his neck? This was his version of his father's collar, given to him when he was younger. A lot of his life dealt with that, stories to be told from a younger age.

At the moment, he'd taken to staring at complete random. He'd pretty much zoned out with his head propped into his hand, which was supported because he had his elbow propped up onto the table. He'd tried to sit in a corner of the cafe, so as to avoid stares and all. There was only a single chair across from him that was empty. He didn't expect anyone to dare to take it and try to join him. They'd rather just stare at him hungerily like he was some kind of buffet.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2879
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 10/17/2007 7:52 PM

Alexa

The female looked around the cafe, her eyes mostly vacant.  She didn't know why she was here yet.  She just knew that she needed to get out of the Arena.  Away from the news that her mother was going off to the war.

Away from the freakish Tasera who was always forseeing things.

Her dress came to just about her knees, and was only a few shades darker than her fur or her hair.  The silverish hair by her ears moved slightly as her ears perked at hearing some of the other girls giggle.  Turning to look in the direction they were looking at, she spotted Validus.  She tilted her head, thinking, What's so special about him?  I don't see why they're drooling over him...  She was a very practical girl, though her younger brother treated her like a princess.  She was more of a fighter, hence the reason her dress did not go down below her knees; as she loves to execute flying kicks at her opponents.  Her three tails flicked behind her before dragging on the floor, slowly approaching that back table.

But before she did so, she walked over to the cafe counter and looked at the menu.  "...I'll take a white chocolate mocha." She said, waiting patiently as the person behind the counter fixed it.  Once she was given her order, she turned back to that back table to give the Lucain male another look.  He looked like he was a StarSpeckled and Celestial Lucain, but one could never be sure.  She wasn't ashamed of her single marking; it made her... more simplistic.  More... unique.  Sure, she envied her mother's dark colors and silver jacketfox markings that seemed to carry through each litter of pups she had, but... She shook her head again, her eyes slowly glazing over.

{59}
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/17/2007 8:12 PM

He was still lost in thought for the most part. The only thing that rang through his mind wall did just that. The little bell the signaled that another customer had passed through the door had went off and his reactions reacted in a delayed way. The bell worked either way, whether someone went in or out, so was a  partially faulty system.
He didn't know why he looked up. He just assumed that someone had left. But, no, that wasn't the case. It looked like another of the female gender had entered. 'Oh, another girl.' was his only thought to that. His eyes went back to whatever found its way in this line of sight ahead.

Some part of him was...not happy...but sort of liked that the girl didn't appear to pay him attention. He didn't so much want all the attention. Sometimes it was good, but other times it was more like he wanted to be alone. It was hard to do that with constantly invading eyes.

Apparently, he didn't look enough at her to take in any details.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 10/18/2007 12:48 PM

As Alexa sipped her drink, she slowly lowered the cup from her lips as she looked around the cafe.  There were various pets there, from Fenlings to Hydrolisks, and even a Battleheart, but she was outside.  There were a few other Lucain there as well, but they were mostly talking amongst themselves.  She chuckled to herself.

"It's a strange thing, how such social creatures can prefer to be alone." She said, brushing a stray hair away from her face.  Her tails lay pretty much still behind her, only moving when they willed themselves to.  Her ears would perk whenever someone would enter, but she would not look to the door.

{60}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/18/2007 7:38 PM

Well....this was very unfulfilling. Time for a change of scenery.

Validus stood from his chair, scooting it back into place. He disposed of what was left of his beverage, and waved to the lady behind the counter in polite return. One lesson was not to be rude to someone, so even if he didn't want to, he waved back so as not to be so. He was pretty distracted as he pushed the door open, soon grumbling something about how stupid his father was and fidgeting with an I-pod, selecting a song.

He was so preoccupied that he almost ran right into Alexa. He'd returned from his zoned nature just in time to stop. "Ah, pardon me, Era." He said quickly, his usually charming voice seemed a tad flustered. Staring for just a second into her eyes, he soon took it upon himself to move around her. No need to be in a ladies way, no need to be in anyone's. Music began to pulse around him from the little contraption, the tips of his tails moving to the beat of the song.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 10/20/2007 9:59 AM

Alexa blinked and looked up.  "No problem, sir." She said, blinking.  What the heck did he mean by 'Era'?  She shrugged before she said, "When you live with seven other Lucain, all of which are related to you by blood, you get used to being nearly run in to." She chuckled slightly before she said, "My name's Alexa.  You would be...?"  She figured she might as well start a conversation if she planned to stay in this cafe for a while to get away from everything.

{61}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/20/2007 3:58 PM

As he was about to walk away, he stopped, ears perked slightly. Wow. That was a lot of family. That was basically what he thought as well. He lived with several others, though only had three direct blood relatives living with him currently. "Regalis Validus D?©cor Vox." He replied, giving her his full name, title, last name and all. He paused. "Of course, just call me Validus." He had lowered the little music making machine now. "It's a pleasure to meet you." He wasn't quite as sharp on his manners at the moment, being in a daze, so that explained the small delays between them. But...he didn't sound unfriendly at least. Actually, he seemed decently polite still.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 10/20/2007 5:24 PM

Alexa chuckled.  "That's... quite a mouthful, Validus." She said, blinking.  "What would 'Regalis' mean?  I'm thinking it's Latin, but... I don't exactly know any Latin, save for Latin music." She chuckled, knowing that the Latin language and Latin jazz were two totally different things.  She took another sip of her mocha, her third tail waving in time with the quiet music being played in the background.

{62}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/20/2007 5:44 PM

The male appeared to be slightly amused, more so then he expected today at least. He still didn't know why he'd come out here specifically. "That's correct. My whole name is Latin, actually." Oh, so she liked music then? Or it was a good thing assume. "Regalis is a word placed in front of my name as a title, passed down from my father and his ancestors. It's 'Royal', given to anyone from the direct royal bloodline." For the fact of it was, Validus was technically a prince. Most didn't know how truthful it was if they ever swooned over him or any of his family, referring to them as 'Prince' or 'Princess'. And why had he told Alexa? Well, why not? She asked. It wasn't a major hidden secret, though he didn't run about telling people. She was the first to ask, so he answered.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 10/20/2007 5:59 PM

Alexa's head slowly inclined.  "I see... so, you are of a royal bloodline?" She asked, merely curious.  Then, reaching down for her handbag, she pulled out her own iPod and selected one of her favorite Latin jazz tunes.  Fire had mentioned some special connection to her and the jazz band playing the tune, but she spaced on what said connection was.  Shaking her head as her tails swayed in time with the music, she said, "I guess I'm of some important bloodline too; for my father is Sire Varalus." She shrugged, chuckling.  It occured to her in the back of her mind that she didn't normally talk to people she didn't know to some degree, and that this was all fairly new to her.

{63}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/20/2007 6:32 PM

Validus nodded. "That's correct. First son of Regalis Zelosis Vox. He's supposed to be king, if you wanted to get into the technicalities of this world and the other." He didn't mind answering still, never knowing why. Wasn't life about that, though? Little adventures like these. He recalled his father telling him that while he was still, er, a child.
His ears perked to her music, interested in the combination of their music together. "Sire Varalus." He repeated. "I don't personally keep tabs on anyone, but I believe one of my house mates knows about every Lucain, actually. I'm pretty sure I've heard of him at some point." Though he failed to really store any information that he didn't need. "My father, too, is considered one of the more famous Lucain, I believe." Especially in the female world. Zelosis often playfully taunted him about the popularity be bound to rub off on him too.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 10/20/2007 6:50 PM

Alexa chuckled.  "Ah, someone that keeps track of every Lucain, hm?  Sounds like a daunting task to me." She said, grinning.  Tilting her head, she responded, "A King, you say...?  But then surely that makes you..." She shook her head before saying, "Unless you do not prefer to consider yourself a prince." This was whispered, so as not to draw attention to the pair.  "I live with a Kuhna who is a Princess, but she prefers not to go by that title, so I understand if you prefer not to go by your title... Validus." She hesitated a bit before saying his name, unsure of if she should use his title or not, but deciding not to use it.

{64}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/20/2007 7:13 PM

"Indeed. Those who keep track of the list have quite a pile on their hands." It was kinda strange. The way he figured it, they had not only stalk the breeding records but also somehow managed to steal inside information about whenever a Lucain happened to move into or show themselves in Evelon. How exactly did they get that information? Either way. He shook the thought away. "Yes, that would make me a prince." He responded, mimicking her in being quiet. He figured she had her reasons. "I don't mind it so much, though I must say that I'm not a stereotypical royal. And don't worry, saying Validus is just fine. Why would anyone want to be so stuck up as to make others call them 'Prince'? It's ridiculous." He smiled at her then, and the charming smile had naturally passed from dear ol' dad onto him too without trying. "No worries."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 10/20/2007 7:26 PM

Alexa smiled slightly as she chuckled.  "I must say that, save for what I've heard of Arya's parents, I do not know many stereotypical royals.  But then again, aside from you, I do not know many royals." She said, shugging.  "So long as it's fine with you, I shall call you Validus.  I... just don't want to cross any fine lines, as I'm not used to talking with people that I'm not... related to." She said, shrugging as she listened to the jazz tune that was playing on her iPod.  She could tell that a clarinet was soloing... she could only marvel at how high the clarinet went and how good said musician had to be.

{65}

[[The music she's listening to is supposed to be the music I heard at this jazz concert I went to last night that was totally awesome... even better, said jazz band is from my school. ^^ *luffs her school's jazz band*]]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/20/2007 7:52 PM

This time it was Validus who chuckled. "No, I must say that there aren't very many royals running about. But, perhaps at some point of your life, you've heard of the fairy tails? Surely, so I've heard, they are more commonly told to young girls more often then young boys." He also pointed out. He new plenty well about true royals, from the harsh realities of his grandparents. From what all he new of them, he was glad that they dared not to step foot out their blasted kingdom. "I'm sure my lines are just as casual as anyone else's. Perhaps if you picked and picked at something that bothered me, then we'd have a problem. I see you as quite fine Era."

[[Oooh. I see, I see. That's awesome! *wishes her school has a jazz band* We aren't that spiffy when it comes to music though. *glares at all the sports people* Don't get me wrong, but I like music far more then sports shows.]]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next