Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Books, Books, and More...Books? {CLOSED}

Postby Ghostlily » 10/23/2007 4:47 PM

[center]Image

Quetzol

{Ignore my crappy snoring sounds. xD}

"Zzzzz....."

The black creature that sat in the reading chair was quite content at the moment. There was little going on...well, except for the war of course. But there was little going on that he was commanded to take part in. Well, excluding the fact that he was supposed to be researching battle tactics to give to his master, and from her to the war pets Epoh, Striker, and Arkadios. Although the Gyyraptor loved to read books of any kind and was fascinated with all sorts of learning, today he was drowsy and tired, not really in the mood to pick up a book. The Gyyraptor's name was Quetzol, and his greenish hue proved the fact that he was of the Venom coloration. But luckily, the young Gyyraptor was on the low end of the toxicity scale, and for that he was grateful. Quetzol hadn't wanted to have to break off from the outside word because of 'toxicness.' But there was little chance that he was going to poison someone, so the idea had long vanished altogether. But now Quetzol snored on, not aware of the time, or of anything, for that matter. The midday sun did not seem to bother his sleeping any, and the Gyyraptor was comfortably slouched over the table, a book carelessly open at his claws.

{1}
ImageImageImage

Heaven's gates won't open up for me
With these broken wings I'm fallin'
And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 166
Donate
Location: Sittin' on my butt, at the computer...why where else would I be?

Postby robopup24 » 10/23/2007 7:23 PM

[center]Image
Arashi

"Camouflage became an essential part of modern military tactics after the increase in accuracy and rate of fire of weapons during the 19th century. Despite camouflage's demonstrated value, until the 20th century, armies tended to use bright colours and bold, impressive designs. These were intended to daunt the enemy, foster unit cohesion, allow easier identification of units in the fog of war, and attract recruits. Not until these uniforms covered the bodies of men in long windrows across the battlefield was there a clear pressure for change...

The strange, Prismatic Rengosett fiercely scanned the book, reading a chapter about war tactics. This was obviously the most boring time she had ever been through! Her owner, Lita, had told her to study up on war tactics and to be wary for Purines. Ha ha. Is a Purine going to attack her in the middle of the library? No matter, she had to take notes though she wasn't going to be in the war. The scratching of the pencil was becoming quite bothersome to Arashi. She had been here for over a day already. Arashi practicully lived here now: she swore she smelled like old books.

"Zzzzz..."

Arashi sat up alert at the snore. God, that noise was annoying! Didn't anyone hear of being quiet in the library? Arashi tried to ignore the snoring but found it impossible. At last, she got up and tried to locate the noise. Aha! It was that Gyyraptor! Arashi went back to her seat and rummaged through her bag which was nearby. She took out some soap and shredded it into fine pieces. Then, she went back to the snoring creature and dropped all the little soap shreds into the creature's mouth. Arashi stepped back, arms crossed, waiting for a response.

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/23/2007 8:43 PM

"What the--?" Quetzol gagged on the soap peels, trying not to throw up. The Venom Gyyraptor felt small traces of soap slide down his throat, landing into his stomach with, what he guessed was, a splash.
Quetzol, now fully awake, narrowed his eyes, angry that he had been woken in such a manner. His blue eyes caught sight of a Rengosett.
"You!" Quetzol growled. The Gyyraptor, usually peaceful, was burning with rage. This was an insult! Brandishing claws probably big enough to wipe the Rengosett's face off, Quetzol stood up, easily towering over the smaller creature.
"What the heck was that for? Don't you know anything about manners? Most normal people don't do that kind of crap."
The Gyyraptor wasn't fond of the monkey-like creature. In fact, he wanted to kick the crap out of the little rainbow monkey in front of him right now. But he knew better than that; Lily had taught him to control the natural anger that raged through his body.
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 10/23/2007 8:48 PM

[center]Arashi calmly answered to the Gyyraptor's rage. "You were snoring which was quite annoying to me. If you would excuse me now, I think you should lower your voice before anyone else is disturbed. Oh, and an FYI: Your manners aren't any better."

To be honest, Arashi was enjoying the little prank she had played on the Gyyraptor. She hadn't done such a prank that infuriated someone so much. Instinctivly, she smiled a bit. After all, it was a bit funny to her...

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/23/2007 8:59 PM

"Wipe that grin off your face, or I'll do it for you," Quetzol growled, claws flashing. Although he lowered his voice, he could still feel the rage pumping through his veins. Insolent little idiot...what did she think she was, going around and sticking soap in people's mouths?
Lashing his tail, Quetzol narrowed his eyes, letting out a low hiss, his large claw clacking gently on the ground. Oh how he wished to rip the brat apart, scatter her entrails across the grass.
"Get away, got it?" The Venom Gyyraptor was close to a snarl now, for he hadn't felt this angry in a long time. Perhaps contained energy needed out sometimes, not bottled up like soda in a pop can, getting shook up all the time.

{3}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 10/23/2007 9:00 PM

[center]
"Fine," Arashi flicked her tail at the Gyyraptor. She should stop playing around, things were getting dangerous...
But as she began to walk away, Arashi's annoying nature prompted her to smugly say, "Next time, you should keep your giant yap shut."

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/24/2007 2:33 PM

Quetzol let out a growl, but simply sat back down, his tail sticking out through the hole in the chair's backrest. He knew better than to get into a fight, in here of all places. Sighing, the Venom Gyyraptor opened the book that lay in front of him, entitled Military Offensive and Defensive Stratigies. The title was enough to bore a person into a stupor, but Quetzol merely opened the book to where he left off, and began reading.

"Chapter 12, Defense in Jungles"

"Could this get any more boring?" Quetzol murmured to himself, reading the page slower than normal.

{4}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 10/24/2007 6:06 PM

[center]Military tactics (Greek: Taktikē, the art of organizing an army) are the collective name for methods for engaging and defeating an enemy in battle. Changes in philosophy and technology over time have been reflected in changes to military tactics...

"Booring." Arashi sighed. "I swear, Lita put me here on purpose to keep me away from all the action." She glanced at Quetzol and saw that he had a similar problem. The Gyyraptor seemed to be taking the words in rather slowly.

Arashi looked at her own notes. Good lord, she could swear that she had enough to stuff a Hollowheart full. She didn't know how much time had passed. Minutes turned to hours, hours turned into days, days turned into weeks, etc.

"Are you done yet?" A Mossdog Gyyraptor, claws holding a huge stack of books, walked over to Arashi's table.

"I'm not done yet," Arashi snapped back. "Leave me alone, Gaia."

The female Gyyraptor ignored the Rengosett and sat on an empty seat across of Arashi. "Who's that over there?" Gaia gestured toward Quetzol.

"Should I care? Arashi rolled her eyes. "C'mon, can't you see I'm busy? Why don't you go bug him?

"No need to be so negative," Gaia got up though and began to walk over to Quetzol's table.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/24/2007 6:16 PM

Quetzol sighed, but was brought out of his stupor by a female voice, sounding somewhat similar to his. Quetzol glanced over at where Arashi was sitting, and immediatly his eyes rested upon the newcomer. So she was a Gyyraptor as well. He just caught her name...Gaia.
The skin under Quetzol's black feathered cheeks turned red, and it would be surprising if the other Gyyraptor did not notice. Quetzol tended to become giddy and nervous around those of the opposite gender, for he was what some might call a 'nerd.' But Quetzol was smart and kind, and not that bad-looking, even though he said nothing about it.
"Um...uh...hello..." Quetzol murmured.
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 10/24/2007 6:23 PM

[center]Gaia noticed his bright red cheeks and politely ignored it. "Do you mind if I sit here?" she asked. Now that she was near the Venom Gyyraptor, Gaia found him actually...attracting. She liked the black feathers and the green hue. That was a lot from her considering her past experiences with other Gyyraptors. Gaia maintained a straight face, waiting for his answer.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/25/2007 10:24 AM

[center]"Um..uh...oh, Yes! I mean, no! I mean..." Poor Quetzol was getting quite flustered at the moment, and his blushing turned to a shade of red darker than one could have thought possible. His cheeks were visible under his dark feathers now, and he was well aware of it.
"Here, let me get a chair for you..." The Gyyraptor stood up now, pushing the chair next to his outward, so that Gaia could sit.

Another creature scanned the shelves, plucking out books at random. The young female feline grabbed a book entitled Weapons Through the Ages, scanned through it, then placed it back on the shelf. She continued with this routine, only stopping to glance at a picture, read an interesting sentence, but the book was always put back in a minute or two.
The Draculi, named Sorhii, glanced over at Quetzol. The sight that met her eyes was surprising. How in the world had that nerdy little geek gotten some girl to talk to him? But Sorhii smirked as she noticed Quetzol's bright red cheeks. So much for reading up on war tactics.

{6--1}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 10/25/2007 5:53 PM

[center]"Thanks," Gaia smiled at the Venom Gyyraptor and sat down on the chair. "By the way, what's your name?" Gaia curiously inquired.

Arashi was watching from afar, slightly amused. It looked like Gaia was enjoying herself. Very amusing. The Rengotsett got up to get more books, rubbing her aching arms. Darn it, they hurt like heck from all the note taking! As she moved down an aisle, Arashi noticed a Draculi nearby. Hmm, perhaps she should get aquainted with her. Stealthily, Arashi crept toward the Draculi and reached out to tug her tail.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/25/2007 7:18 PM

Quetzol let his eyes scan over Gaia. She was so beautiful...but no, he couldn't let himself be mesmerized like this.
"Um..oh, my name's Zetzol...I mean, Quetzol!" Dumb, dumb, dumb! Zetzol? How the heck had he let that slip out? He had to stay calm, stay smart.
'Don't get flustered...' Quetzol thought, keeping a straight face. Out loud, Quetzol managed to say, "W-What's your name?"

Sorhii stopped for a moment, taking a whiff of air. The stench that hit her scent glands forced her fur on end. A Rengosett! Whipping her head around, the Draculi unsheathed her claws.
"Don't even think about it," she growled, narrowing her eyes dangerously.

{7--2}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 10/25/2007 7:37 PM

[center]"I'm Gaia," Gaia quickly tried to search for another topic. "Erm, what are you reading?" It was obvious of course, but she needed something to talk about...

Arashi slightly chuckled at the Draculi's expression. "Sure, pussy cat." Arashi taunted. As fast as lightning, Arashi tugged hard on the tip of the Draculi's tail and leaped onto the top of a bookcase, running for her life.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/25/2007 8:54 PM

"Gaia...pretty name..." Quetzol murmured, not quite focusing on anything at the present moment. But as Gaia spoke again, the young Gyyraptor's eyes came into focus once more. "Um...it's called Military Offensive and Defensive Stratigies. But it's quite boring really..." Quetzol glanced down at the book, feeling his inards sink into his stomach, for his eyes had glanced at a picture of a Hollowheart with a dead Kuhna in it's mouth.

Sorhii let out a screech. What was this little monkey thinking?! But she'd catch the little pest, just wait...
Using her 'up the walls' technique, the Draculi followed Arashi up the bookcase, lashing her tail in anger. "Yeah, you better run, you little--!" A swear followed this, but Sorhii simply raced after the Rengosett.

{8--3}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next